PDA

View Full Version : Faster

Bodom
11-27-2010, 12:06 AM
Anyone seen this yet?

Worth paying to see?

Iron Ape
11-27-2010, 12:17 AM
Buddy of mine says it's direct-to-video fare only slightly elevated by Johnson and Billy Bob Thornton. Said it's worth checking out when it hits Netflix, but he totally regrets paying to see it in theaters. He also said the theater was completely empty, and the other box office numbers I've seen seem to indicate that it's a huge dud.

Good to see him doing something other than shitty Disney fare, but it's sad he couldn't have bounced back with something better. And by the looks of his upcoming films (another Fast & The Furious movie, Dwayne replacing Brendan Fraser in the Journey to the Center of the Earth follow-up), it doesn't look like he's going to be getting around to making anything worthwhile anytime soon.

Bodom
11-27-2010, 12:19 AM
Damn. The trailers looked badass. Sucks to hear it hasn't lived up.

God. ANOTHER Fast & the Furious?! Good lord, can't that brand just die already?

Iron Ape
11-27-2010, 12:31 AM
Bodom- "Damn. The trailers looked badass. Sucks to hear it hasn't lived up."

It's not just my friend saying it, either. The majority of the reviews over at Rotten Tomatoes say it's pretty much rubbish.

Bodom- "God. ANOTHER Fast & the Furious?! Good lord, can't that brand just die already?"

There's, apparently, a large number of gear/meat-heads who still eat these flicks up. I think the last one was even the biggest of the franchise, so they don't appear to be slowing down anytime soon.

SilverGhost
11-27-2010, 03:27 AM
The Rock will be in the upcoming Fast and the Furious....oh joy....left WWE for Hollywood and barely makes a good movie....

Scorpion King made his mark.

Kashdinero
11-27-2010, 07:20 AM
Sorry to go all Silverdust on you guys but what's been your favourite Johnson movie?

Mine was Be Cool when he played the Gay Samoan!

Iron Ape
11-27-2010, 02:46 PM
Kashdinero- "Sorry to go all Silverdust on you guys but what's been your favourite Johnson movie?

Mine was Be Cool when he played the Gay Samoan!"

The Rundown, easily. It remains the only movie he's made that's worth a damn.

Necroyeti
11-27-2010, 04:46 PM
It's not like I was expecting The Rock to show up in a Haneke or Lynch arthouse flick or anything, but goddamn his choice of film roles have been horrific.

I thought Get Smart was surprisingly good though.

Kashdinero
11-28-2010, 03:35 AM
Iron Ape "The Rundown, easily. It remains the only movie he's made that's worth a damn."

Definitley his best leading role. That one had me cracking up!
Plus, his brief role in The Other Guys was just Dwayne playing The Rock in a way so I got a kick out of that too.