PDA

View Full Version : New WWE Belt Discussion

Dameduse823
11-22-2010, 11:19 AM
This is something thats been back and forth in my mind ever since teh spinner title was debuted. It was created to match up with the, then fading, rapper gimmick that Cena was doing at the time, but after he lost it they kept the design. Why?

To me the spinner title has never really seemed liek a championship belt especially when guys like Orton, Sheamus, and especially HHH hold it, it just looks sort of stupid and out of place. Now with Cena 'Fired' from teh company do you think that they will go back to the 'real' WWE title design and if they do do you think it will add more credibility to it

SilverGhost
11-22-2010, 11:21 AM
They will keep it.

That belt isn't going anywhere.

Rich Cranium
11-22-2010, 11:23 AM
Does it even spin anymore? Anyway, using the word "prestige", Barrett should win the gold and introduce a more prestigious looking title presented by none other than William Regal (Mmmm, maybe he should be behind the Raw GM gimmick!)

Bodom
11-22-2010, 11:23 AM
Don't know what to say. I absolutely hate it, but if they haven't gotten rid of it by now, they probably never will

SilverGhost
11-22-2010, 11:25 AM
Does it even spin anymore? Anyway, using the word "prestige", Barrett should win the gold and introduce a more prestigious looking title presented by none other than William Regal (Mmmm, maybe he should be behind the Raw GM gimmick!)

Nope....they have spin holders or something to make it stop spinning.

Bodom
11-22-2010, 11:30 AM
Nope....they have spin holders or something to make it stop spinning.

Or they made a new one that didn't spin

el gabo
11-22-2010, 11:38 AM

spinholders.

Bodom
11-22-2010, 11:39 AM
spinholders.

Or maybe the belt was made from a walmart spinner. and it just broke?

SilverGhost
11-22-2010, 11:39 AM

Nah moments I did see it move a little.

The put either gold spin holders to camouflage with the belt or transparent.

el gabo
11-22-2010, 11:43 AM
Nah moments I did see it move a little.

The put either gold spin holders to camouflage with the belt or transparent.

You must have eagle eyes to see that kind of detail.

jcagosto
11-22-2010, 11:45 AM
Don't you guys think that WWE has enough money to make a whole new "spinner" belt that doesn't spin?

SilverGhost
11-22-2010, 11:46 AM
You must have eagle eyes to see that kind of detail.

Shooter games DO improve your sight xD

But yeah....remember when Orton won the belt when it was spinning. He had his thumb perfectly placed in a spot where the "WW" sign is straight.
I guess he got tired placing his thumb there.

SilverGhost
11-22-2010, 11:48 AM
Don't you guys think that WWE has enough money to make a whole new "spinner" belt that doesn't spin?

What would be the point of that?

I mean....that belt has been customized so many times. New belts of the same design would be kinda pointless.

Cena going to Raw with that belt=SD plates were removed and placed with "Mon-Nite Raw"

IrkenInvader
11-22-2010, 11:53 AM
WHC is the prestigious one WWE is the "sports entertainment" type thing. Kind of like Women title - Divas title. One means something the other not so much.

SilverGhost
11-22-2010, 11:54 AM
WHC is the prestigious one WWE is the "sports entertainment" type thing. Kind of like Women title - Divas title. One means something the other not so much.

I'll take the Big Gold Belt anyday.

lucky7pointman
11-22-2010, 12:01 PM

No it don't spin I think it stop spinning after orton won it at no mercy if not when hhh won it in backlash

Justdawg08
11-22-2010, 01:19 PM
Willing to bet you'll see a new WWE Title within a year, since TNA changed theres. WWE just copys TNA.

Remember when TNA advertised a battle royal? WWE had a battle royal that Monday before TNA's battle royal. WWE copys TNA more than you would think. And why not when only 1/3 of their viewers watch TNA... if that..

el gabo
11-22-2010, 01:33 PM
Willing to bet you'll see a new WWE Title within a year, since TNA changed theres. WWE just copys TNA.

Remember when TNA advertised a battle royal? WWE had a battle royal that Monday before TNA's battle royal. WWE copys TNA more than you would think. And why not when only 1/3 of their viewers watch TNA... if that..

Oh please. WWE wanting to copy TNA...

Splattered-Dreams
11-22-2010, 01:35 PM

Good point. I thought the same thing when Raw had a battle royal after TNA Although TNA would love to have a third of WWE's audience

Bodom
11-22-2010, 01:38 PM
Oh please. WWE wanting to copy TNA...

Well they did copy The Beautiful People........and failed miserably

el gabo
11-22-2010, 01:39 PM
Good point. I thought the same thing when Raw had a battle royal after TNA Although TNA would love to have a third of WWE's audience

The only reason (in my mind) Vince would copy TNA would be to piss them off. Other than that, just coincidences.

And yes, TNA would love to have 1/3 of WWE's audience. It will be a great day when TNA has 3/4 of WWE's audience but, sadly that will not happen.

el gabo
11-22-2010, 01:42 PM

Anything Lalya does is a success. <3 <3<3

Splattered-Dreams
11-22-2010, 02:02 PM
Anything Lalya does is a success. <3 <3<3

Havent seen many of her matches then? :D

Bodom
11-22-2010, 02:06 PM
Havent seen many of her matches then? :D

Layla has matches? Im to busy staring at her tokhes.

IrkenInvader
11-22-2010, 02:12 PM
Layla has matches? Im to busy staring at her tokhes.

Layla has tokhes? I'm to busy watching someting interesting.

Bodom
11-22-2010, 02:14 PM
Layla has tokhes? I'm to busy watching someting interesting.

Tohkes, ass, buttocks, booty.

However you want to call it

lucky7pointman
11-22-2010, 04:08 PM

Well the whc is not the wwe title they always put the belt that they fans like or love to hate that might be why sheamus won the belt twice cuz the fans hate him while fans love cena and randy and they bring in the money

lucky7pointman
11-22-2010, 05:01 PM

U right but it did not fail unless tna wwe know how long to make a story last if laycool was a failing it will been dead laycool got people to hate them and it work so yes wwe copy tna but it did not fail

Bodom
11-22-2010, 05:07 PM
Huge differences between "go away heat" and "heat" fella.

Spear-O-Matic
11-25-2010, 01:44 PM
Wait. WWE copies TNA? I guess that explains why TNA always hires ex-WWE employees and retired WWE legends. Oh... Wait...

Trips88
02-01-2011, 10:17 PM
We need a new WWE title, agreed? It's time for the spinner belt to be retired already!

AGEOFFALL
02-01-2011, 10:28 PM
I like the pre-Cena belt but knowing wwe they'll design a new belt. But yes they do need a new belt. I don't think it even spins anymore.

Trips88
02-01-2011, 10:33 PM
I like the pre-Cena belt but knowing wwe they'll design a new belt. But yes they do need a new belt. I don't think it even spins anymore.

I did too and no it does not spin anymore and hasn't since HHH had it maybe even before. The only people we've actually play with the spinning part on camera are Cena and Edge.

PandaMassacre
02-01-2011, 10:34 PM
I did too and no it does not spin anymore and hasn't since HHH had it maybe even before. The only people we've actually play with the spinning part on camera are Cena and Edge.

And Edge went out of his way to make his own version of the spinner belt.

Rebel Lion
02-01-2011, 11:00 PM
A new WWE Championship belt is long overdue. If they want to keep manufacturing the replica ones with Jakks Pacific to make money, sobeit. Let the kiddies have that, but please ditch that piece of gaudy crap, a.s.a.p.!!!! I would like to see a return to the round belt w/ the eagle on it from about 10 years ago.

Trips88
02-01-2011, 11:26 PM
A new WWE Championship belt is long overdue. If they want to keep manufacturing the replica ones with Jakks Pacific to make money, sobeit. Let the kiddies have that, but please ditch that piece of gaudy crap, a.s.a.p.!!!! I would like to see a return to the round belt w/ the eagle on it from about 10 years ago.

I liked the round belt too, but the title needs to go back to something like the way it was right before the spinner. Maybe not the same logo but the same shape. It just looks cleaner, more like a weight lifters belt.

Bodom
02-01-2011, 11:28 PM
Yeah it sucks, but I've become indifferent to the WWE title. It stopped bothering me 5 years ago.

World B. Free
02-01-2011, 11:35 PM
The spinner belt is defintely played out... Its time to go back to a tradtional belt!

Trips88
02-01-2011, 11:37 PM
I just hope it's not another gimmick belt. The spinner was cool for a min. cuz it was new and creative but it has to end SOON!

PandaMassacre
02-01-2011, 11:40 PM
I was actually crazy about the belt when I 1st saw it. I just started getting tired of it in 2008. I just wish WWE thought of what TNA did an had a random wrestler pull the old title out of the garbage can an then just run around calling it the real deal. Like, Santino Marella or Goldust.

peppermill25
02-01-2011, 11:44 PM
Thw Winged Eagle belt is the best belt they hav ever had. Im buying the replica off of Ebay in the near future, now that Ive got some extra flow. But they retired that belt when Kane won the title from Austin via First Blood. I wasnt happy when I saw belt that replaced it. Bolonga.

Rich Cranium
02-01-2011, 11:45 PM
http://wa3.images.onesite.com/fans.wwe.com/user/f3br3zeio/wweundis2closelock.jpg

AGEOFFALL
02-02-2011, 12:01 AM
Speaking of championship belts in trash cans... Does anyone else remember that at the end of 2004 Cena won the US Championship back from Carlito and then in early 2005 he introduced the spinner version of the US championship belt and then later lost it to Orlando Jordan who then with JBL and his cabinet blew up that version of the US title in a trash can?

peppermill25
02-02-2011, 12:08 AM
I still like the orignal http://http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http://wrestlingsuperstore.com/images/products/detail/WWF_RepWingBeltMain.png&imgrefurl=http://wrestlingsuperstore.com/wwewingedeaglechampionshipkidsizebelt.aspx&usg=__WlthFU6Ia6vMYA3mN7h2-oCv0Yk=&h=750&w=750&sz=818&hl=en&start=0&zoom=1&tbnid=jZ-bnmp7rNrRoM:&tbnh=143&tbnw=143&ei=ReZITa3gG4v2swPJ462fCg&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dwwe%2Bwinged%2Beagle%2Bbelt%26hl%3Den %26biw%3D1276%26bih%3D610%26gbv%3D2%26tbs%3Disch:1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=892&vpy=99&dur=5547&hovh=225&hovw=225&tx=166&ty=162&oei=ReZITa3gG4v2swPJ462fCg&esq=1&page=1&ndsp=18&ved=1t:429,r:4,s:0

Trips88
02-02-2011, 12:09 AM
Speaking of championship belts in trash cans... Does anyone else remember that at the end of 2004 Cena won the US Championship back from Carlito and then in early 2005 he introduced the spinner version of the US championship belt and then later lost it to Orlando Jordan who then with JBL and his cabinet blew up that version of the US title in a trash can?

I remember that lol. Yea that's exactly what they needed to have happen when Cena lost the WWE title. They needed to give it to someone who wanted the old style back. I really liked the most recent WWE title (The Undesputed Title). A lot of great talent held that belt starting with HHH then everyone from Rock to Hogan to Taker to Eddie (RIP). That belt is by far my favorite.

Rassling_Fan
02-02-2011, 12:15 AM
You know what would be awesome! If Miz was champion and retained the Title at Wrestlemania over Cena. Then the next night, he tells the audience that Cena's chance at the title is over and introduces a new belt.

The Brown One
02-02-2011, 12:26 AM
I must say, people have been bitching about Cena's version of the WWE title(spinner or non-spinner) for many years, but with good reason. it looks like a golden fairy crapped on it, hence the glitter look it has.

They will NOT return to the old belt, since its a new era, and they always move on. There were rumors last year that the new WWE belt will be platinum(like the WWECW title, but smaller), and I wouldn't like to see this, because its not the gold, that we're used to. A world title should have gold in it IMO.

I'm intrigued by people's ideas about how a new belt could be brought about, but I'm sure that Cena will go over Miz at Mania, and let the current WWE title design continue.

Rich Cranium
02-02-2011, 12:35 AM
I must say, people have been bitching about Cena's version of the WWE title(spinner or non-spinner) for many years, but with good reason. it looks like a golden fairy crapped on it, hence the glitter look it has.

They will NOT return to the old belt, since its a new era, and they always move on. There were rumors last year that the new WWE belt will be platinum(like the WWECW title, but smaller), and I wouldn't like to see this, because its not the gold, that we're used to. A world title should have gold in it IMO.

I'm intrigued by people's ideas about how a new belt could be brought about, but I'm sure that Cena will go over Miz at Mania, and let the current WWE title design continue.

Great post and yes, the world title should have gold on it. WWE and TNA are both guilty for devaluing their world titles. I wonder what legends like Harley Race and Dusty Rhodes this of these titles.

PandaMassacre
02-02-2011, 12:48 AM
I hate everything that is platinum. I was so angry when they replaced the womens championship with that butterfly belt.

But, the belt The Brown One just described would look retarded on big guys if it were made even smaller. It would just look like a belt buckle as opposed to the overly sized one with a big waad of gold attatched to it. I know its just a prop but it has been burned into my head as something more valuable. I bet the next thing I will learn about will be that they are coming out with a jobbers championship an that they plan on awarding it to Evan Bourne, and he would have to lose in order to keep it.

Trips88
02-02-2011, 12:56 AM
I hate everything that is platinum. I was so angry when they replaced the womens championship with that butterfly belt.

But, the belt The Brown One just described would look retarded on big guys if it were made even smaller. It would just look like a belt buckle as opposed to the overly sized one with a big waad of gold attatched to it. I know its just a prop but it has been burned into my head as something more valuable. I bet the next thing I will learn about will be that they are coming out with a jobbers championship an that they plan on awarding it to Evan Bourne, and he would have to lose in order to keep it.

The Jobbers belt that you have to loose to keep? I read that and I'm still laughing! Good one!
Yea they have to keep it really big and gold. It could look similar to the ECW title though, but more rounded. What would be great is if WWE.com caught on and had some sort of application to the sight that is similar to the belt design that they've had in SDvR games before and let fans give some insight as to what they would like to see the champ wear.

PandaMassacre
02-02-2011, 12:59 AM
The Jobbers belt that you have to loose to keep? I read that and I'm still laughing! Good one!
Yea they have to keep it really big and gold. It could look similar to the ECW title though, but more rounded. What would be great is if WWE.com caught on and had some sort of application to the sight that is similar to the belt design that they've had in SDvR games before and let fans give some insight as to what they would like to see the champ wear.

That is actually really smart. But then again there are so many ignorant fans out there that would create a ton of goofball appearances for the title. Besides, look at where listening to the fans got TNA. XD

The Brown One
02-02-2011, 01:05 AM

When I said smaller than the WWECW belt, I meant a belt with the size specifications as the current WWE title. We already have a big gold belt, and I like the way that looks. But the current WWE title, and the WWECW title are horrendous . We need a change of design.

Trips88
02-02-2011, 01:09 AM
That is actually really smart. But then again there are so many ignorant fans out there that would create a ton of goofball appearances for the title. Besides, look at where listening to the fans got TNA. XD

LMAO this is true but if I don't believe that the average WWE fan is smarter than the average TNA fan then I might just loose hope in man kind as a whole. Not the wrestler I gave up hope on Mic a long time ago. My buddies kids love his books though lmao. Even if the WWE fans did pick something that I personally agree with I think it would be alot more acceptable due to the fact that I think it would be older people and real fans that would actually take the time to build one.
Ya know what Fu*k it, lets just make an app like that for this wesite. Who's good with computers? lol

PandaMassacre
02-02-2011, 01:15 AM
LMAO this is true but if I don't believe that the average WWE fan is smarter than the average TNA fan then I might just loose hope in man kind as a whole. Not the wrestler I gave up hope on Mic a long time ago. My buddies kids love his books though lmao. Even if the WWE fans did pick something that I personally agree with I think it would be alot more acceptable due to the fact that I think it would be older people and real fans that would actually take the time to build one.
Ya know what Fu*k it, lets just make an app like that for this wesite. Who's good with computers? lol

There is a forum for suggestions. If Frank likes your idea then he will probably add the feature to this site.

Trips88
02-02-2011, 01:23 AM
There is a forum for suggestions. If Frank likes your idea then he will probably add the feature to this site.

Two questions. One where is that located? and two who is Frank? :)

PandaMassacre
02-02-2011, 01:25 AM
Frank is the adminstrator for this website. An you should find the forum by scrolling down to the very bottom of the page near the spam section.

SilverGhost
02-02-2011, 01:29 AM
When I said smaller than the WWECW belt, I meant a belt with the size specifications as the current WWE title. We already have a big gold belt, and I like the way that looks. But the current WWE title, and the WWECW title are horrendous . We need a change of design.

I like this one

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/3078/ecwchampionshipbelt.png

SilverGhost
02-02-2011, 01:29 AM
Frank is the adminstrator for this website. An you should find the forum by scrolling down to the very bottom of the page near the spam section.

*coughfuturemodcough*

The Brown One
02-02-2011, 01:30 AM
I like this one

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/3078/ecwchampionshipbelt.png

You showed us that picture like 3 times already lol. But I'd take that over the platinum belt anyday.

Trips88
02-02-2011, 01:31 AM

hmmmm I'll just have to see if I can find it, thanks :)
It would be kinda cool to see something like that on here. With only selections that make the title liook like a title and not a gimmick piece of crap aka the Jeff Hardy TNA belt.

Trips88
02-02-2011, 01:32 AM
*coughfuturemodcough*

huh? lol idk what that is

PandaMassacre
02-02-2011, 01:34 AM
hmmmm I'll just have to see if I can find it, thanks :)
It would be kinda cool to see something like that on here. With only selections that make the title liook like a title and not a gimmick piece of crap aka the Jeff Hardy TNA belt.
7 words.
Cocain is one hell of a drug.

Trips88
02-02-2011, 01:38 AM
7 words.
Cocain is one hell of a drug.

LMFAO yea that's what they tell me. O speaking of people who threw away WWE carrers an pudate from my earlier post poking fun at Mic Foley saying my buddies kids like his books. Well I messaged him a min. ago and told him what I said and it turns out that his youngest actually spit up on it. Sorry Mic even the 2 year olds have spoken LOL!

PandaMassacre
02-02-2011, 01:46 AM
LMFAO yea that's what they tell me. O speaking of people who threw away WWE carrers an pudate from my earlier post poking fun at Mic Foley saying my buddies kids like his books. Well I messaged him a min. ago and told him what I said and it turns out that his youngest actually spit up on it. Sorry Mic even the 2 year olds have spoken LOL!

Mick Foley is really kind. He actually treats you as an equal an speaks to you. Personally I liked his books. I also have Jericho's book along with Edges. I want to get Goldust's book really badly now. Bodom has me wanting it.

Trips88
02-02-2011, 01:53 AM
Mick Foley is really kind. He actually treats you as an equal an speaks to you. Personally I liked his books. I also have Jericho's book along with Edges. I want to get Goldust's book really badly now. Bodom has me wanting it.

O I know I was only joking, he seems like an extremely plesent guy. I've just never been one for him as a wrestler cuz it seems like alot of his time in WWE was spent doing dumb stuff like being GM and what I guess you could call a comedic punching bag for The Rock when they tagged together. I did however LOVE his run with HHH leading up to hell in a cell. That was the Foley I liked. Have you actually met him?

O and Goldusts book is gonna be an awesome read! He is one of the must underrated and yet awesome guys doin it today in my oppinion.

Lance Storm
02-02-2011, 02:18 AM
Nikita Koloff that spinner belt off a ring post like he did to Lex Luger's US Title and bring this gem back...

http://www.wrestling101.com/101/imageview.php?image=854

Trips88
02-02-2011, 02:35 AM
Nikita Koloff that spinner belt off a ring post like he did to Lex Luger's US Title and bring this gem back...

http://www.wrestling101.com/101/imageview.php?image=854

I like it but I don't really think they wanna go backwards to the rounded look. Can't say I disagree.

Tommy Thunder
02-02-2011, 02:52 AM
I have a feeling that the spinner belt will be ditched at the RAW before Mania. The new title will then either be unveiled on the same night on RAW (so the superstars will know what's up for grabs), or, they'll leave it until the match at Mania, where a legend (possibly HBK) will bring it out and present it to the winner.

Trips88
02-02-2011, 03:01 AM
I have a feeling that the spinner belt will be ditched at the RAW before Mania. The new title will then either be unveiled on the same night on RAW (so the superstars will know what's up for grabs), or, they'll leave it until the match at Mania, where a legend (possibly HBK) will bring it out and present it to the winner.

I don't see that happeneing. It would be great but who knows. It's just two bad that Cenas not more versital and can't be the heal for even one storyline, becuase then, seeing as that he's gonna end up facing Miz at Mania anyways, they could do a storyline were Miz and Cena fight for the title before Maina and Cena looses then knocks out Miz and takes the title he considers to be his title to begin with. Then Miz could come out the next week with the new title and then win at Maina and retian the new title. Of course we all know that can never happen, but I would be nice.

The Brown One
02-02-2011, 03:49 AM
Revealing a title at Mania has been done in the videogames :P
On Smackdown vs Raw, they had a unified title..that looked like shit, and was presented by Vince McMahon. It didn't look too good.
I'd rather have Miz reveal a new one on Raw or something.

Trips88
02-02-2011, 03:53 AM
Revealing a title at Mania has been done in the videogames :P
On Smackdown vs Raw, they had a unified title..that looked like shit, and was presented by Vince McMahon. It didn't look too good.
I'd rather have Miz reveal a new one on Raw or something.

O you mean the big grey one that looked like a manhole cover? Yea I didn't care for it either.

the wrestling shade
02-02-2011, 04:05 AM
the WWE spinner belt was cena's gemmik and i dont know for what reason WWE kept it after cena has lost it but if they want to do a new belt then they have to make it look more important than this one, and if they are planning to bring an old one back then i suggest they use the one that was before the spinner because it had the apporpraite shape and look of a heavyweight champion and it was cool too by the way talking about that what happend to the storyline where WWE would reunite the two heavywight titles to bring back the undisputed title at wrestlemania?

Trips88
02-02-2011, 04:47 AM
the WWE spinner belt was cena's gemmik and i dont know for what reason WWE kept it after cena has lost it but if they want to do a new belt then they have to make it look more important than this one, and if they are planning to bring an old one back then i suggest they use the one that was before the spinner because it had the apporpraite shape and look of a heavyweight champion and it was cool too by the way talking about that what happend to the storyline where WWE would reunite the two heavywight titles to bring back the undisputed title at wrestlemania?

I've not herd of such a story line unless you herd it as a joke teaser.

Rebel Lion
02-02-2011, 05:50 AM
http://i564.photobucket.com/albums/ss87/napnaps/162.jpg

........THAT"S the belt I would love to see make a return. It just looks so official!!!!

The Brown One
02-02-2011, 06:05 AM

That was a rumor, and was discussed in the past, but hasn't been confirmed yet. When we are nearer to WM, we will find out, but most signs point to it not happening.

Nexus4Life
02-02-2011, 10:46 AM
I don't see that happeneing. It would be great but who knows. It's just two bad that Cenas not more versital and can't be the heal for even one storyline, becuase then, seeing as that he's gonna end up facing Miz at Mania anyways, they could do a storyline were Miz and Cena fight for the title before Maina and Cena looses then knocks out Miz and takes the title he considers to be his title to begin with. Then Miz could come out the next week with the new title and then win at Maina and retian the new title. Of course we all know that can never happen, but I would be nice.

it was done before think it was 04 when Cena beat JBL at Wrestlemaina for the WWE title... that led too the i quit match at judgement day!

SaberToothTigerz
02-02-2011, 11:18 AM
the spinner no longer does spin its just stuck there the wwe logo
and i dont mind the tittle's looks anymore and never rly did, but i liked the old one jbl held before cena took it away from him

WWTNA Mark
02-02-2011, 11:31 AM
Call me crazy but I see nothing wrong with the current WWE Championship. Its different and it fits wrestlers like The Miz and John Cena. I don't think it looks bad at all but I would't mind a new WWE Championship although its gonna take a while for a new WWE title creation is gonna arrive sinse WWE signed a contract with Matel.

WWTNA Mark
02-02-2011, 11:32 AM
http://i564.photobucket.com/albums/ss87/napnaps/162.jpg

........THAT"S the belt I would love to see make a return. It just looks so official!!!!

TBH, that belt looks worser then the current WWE Championship.

Bodom
02-02-2011, 11:36 AM
TBH, that belt looks worser then the current WWE Championship.

At least it doesn't spin.

WWTNA Mark
02-02-2011, 11:40 AM

Ah, I see what you did there but the WWE belt doesn't spin anymore so........ :p

el gabo
02-02-2011, 11:42 AM

It's better to me because legends like Bret Hart, Steve Austin and Shawn Michaels wore this belt. Brings back memories. True champs give more value. And spinners went out of style a LONG time ago.

Bodom
02-02-2011, 11:44 AM
Ah, I see what you did there but the WWE belt doesn't spin anymore so........ :p

Ok then.......how about it has no relation to John Cena?

Lance Storm
02-02-2011, 12:32 PM
While you're at it...change the IC strap back to this.
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk109/dawhitetiger/wrestling%20championships/WWFIC.jpg

Trips88
02-03-2011, 04:06 AM
Call me crazy but I see nothing wrong with the current WWE Championship. Its different and it fits wrestlers like The Miz and John Cena. I don't think it looks bad at all but I would't mind a new WWE Championship although its gonna take a while for a new WWE title creation is gonna arrive sinse WWE signed a contract with Matel.

See now that's where I would think you would be wrong. The fact that WWE signed with Matel is all the more reason for them to create a new title. Think about it. You got maybe 10-12 figures out right now, I'm guessing, that come with the spinner belt. Then you come out with another belt and they take the same 10-12 figures and box them with the new title, and the kids that just got the same toy last week go ape shit cuz they want the one with the new title, thus increasing profits for both companies. Remember were talking about the same toy company that's made a cagillion (yes I said cagillion) dollar's reproducing the same little blond haired white girl with a different outfit for every known occupation in the world just short of crack whore.

tittle97
02-03-2011, 04:57 AM
Didn't they already make a new belt and are waiting to debut it? Thought I read that on EWN a while back.

The Brown One
02-03-2011, 05:38 AM
Didn't they already make a new belt and are waiting to debut it? Thought I read that on EWN a while back.

I don't recall ever reading that. It only said that WWE were planning to create a new WWE belt in the near future.

Trips88
02-04-2011, 11:34 AM
I don't recall ever reading that. It only said that WWE were planning to create a new WWE belt in the near future.

Yea I remember that and I remember thinking that I hope by near future they mean like tomorrow lol

Trips88
02-28-2011, 10:05 AM
I'm still waiting for a new title!!!

SilverGhost
02-28-2011, 11:09 AM
I'm still waiting for a new title!!!

http://www.midwestwrestling.com/Images%2016/4iwgp2.jpg

Here.

SaberToothTigerz
02-28-2011, 11:57 AM
i dont find the current wwe championship to look any less prestigious than the former wwe championships
i understand its looks matter alot just look at how tna turned out to be
but the point is a new belt now in the wwe must resemblence its holder
john cena debut the spinner belt
if the miz would debut his it would have a design something along the lines of this picture
http://fsa.zedge.net/content/9/0/5/0/1-5102488-9050-t.jpg

jethro
02-28-2011, 12:06 PM
I like both Austin championship and Rated R spinner belt design.

Also world heavyweight title looks more like a legit championship belt than WWE championship title imo.

Trips88
03-01-2011, 03:26 AM
i dont find the current wwe championship to look any less prestigious than the former wwe championships
i understand its looks matter alot just look at how tna turned out to be
but the point is a new belt now in the wwe must resemblence its holder
john cena debut the spinner belt
if the miz would debut his it would have a design something along the lines of this picture
http://fsa.zedge.net/content/9/0/5/0/1-5102488-9050-t.jpg

Or they could just go back to a classic look for the title. Think about it. miz could win at Maina (fingers crossed) Then come out the next night on Raw and cut a promo saying something like "So when it was confirmed that I would be defending the WWE championship at wrestemania I contacted Vince and I said boss we need a new title now that you have a new all star WWE champion, a title with some class, and he told me that if I could beat the man who changed the title in the first place at Mania that I could have my wish. So with out further adue. Let me introduce you to the title that you will still see around my waist next year after I become the first man to scuessfully defend the title in back to back wrestelmainas" (Pulls out new title) "Cuz I'm The Miz and I'm AWEEEEEESOOOOOOME"

I know, I should be a writer lol.

The Brown One
03-01-2011, 03:33 AM
Or they could just go back to a classic look for the title. Think about it. miz could win at Maina (fingers crossed) Then come out the next night on Raw and cut a promo saying something like "So when it was confirmed that I would be defending the WWE championship at wrestemania I contacted Vince and I said boss we need a new title now that you have a new all star WWE champion, a title with some class, and he told me that if I could beat the man who changed the title in the first place at Mania that I could have my wish. So with out further adue. Let me introduce you to the title that you will still see around my waist next year after I become the first man to scuessfully defend the title in back to back wrestelmainas" (Pulls out new title) "Cuz I'm The Miz and I'm AWEEEEEESOOOOOOME"

I know, I should be a writer lol.

That is indeed a good way to reveal the title. But I feel that after what we have seen from The Miz, we will get a title like the one SaberToothTigerz posted.

Trips88
03-01-2011, 04:56 AM
That is indeed a good way to reveal the title. But I feel that after what we have seen from The Miz, we will get a title like the one SaberToothTigerz posted.

Yea but with the exception of the last portion, that would be a good set up for anyone to reveal a new title. I really hope Miz doesn't get a personalzed title though

xtremetothemax
07-14-2011, 08:41 PM
Do you guys think there will be a new wwe championship coming in the wwe? If punk does win, and he does take the title, i think they will introduce a new title belt. Thoughts on this?

Joey Bats
07-14-2011, 08:55 PM
If Punk stays, yes. If they decide to make him their top guy and give him full creative control, he will make it a Pepsi symbol or an X. This will put him way over just like Austin & Cena as they both changed the appearance of the title.

Tay Moran
07-14-2011, 08:56 PM
If he does leave chicago with the title (which i dont think he will), and dosent resign with the wwe i think the title would just be vacated and theyed use the same title

Tomsta666
07-14-2011, 08:59 PM
If Punk stays, yes. If they decide to make him their top guy and give him full creative control, he will make it a Pepsi symbol or an X. This will put him way over just like Austin & Cena as they both changed the appearance of the title.

So it's Cena we have to 'thank' for that fugly belt then? ...figures :)

clrj3514
07-14-2011, 09:02 PM
So it's Cena we have to 'thank' for that fugly belt then? ...figures :)

Yea it fit his thug gimmick but it should've been a Cena exclusive like the Smokin' Skull belt was for Austin.

As far as a new belt, I'd love to see it & Punk hinted at it on Raw.

Russo swerve
07-14-2011, 09:11 PM
Yea cena's belt is hidious idk y they got rid of the other one

Rich Cranium
07-14-2011, 09:15 PM
This is all obviously a storyline and Punk is going nowhere so win or lose the title stays. It is time for a makeover though!

Rockstar83
07-14-2011, 09:19 PM
there was a hint on RAW this past monday when Punk said how bad the title looks on Cena...maybe a new title design I hope its better then the spinning one or non spinning current one....maybe the 2nd ugliest belt ever. I hope they also dont do something stupid like how MIZ did his by flipping the W to an M....

andre_walrus
07-14-2011, 09:49 PM
This is all obviously a storyline and Punk is going nowhere so win or lose the title stays. It is time for a makeover though!

Nah dog, its been pretty much confirmed in all ways shapes and forms that CM Punk aint coming back.

Now as for the topic at hand, i would have to say that the best idea here is for Punk to win and wwe make it a one belt organization. It fits better AND it could help solve the smackdown rating crisis. Because people would have to watch it to follow rivalries for said title. (even though spoilers already do that job)

jethro
07-14-2011, 09:58 PM
World heavyweight champion title design > WWE champion title design

Tomsta666
07-14-2011, 10:08 PM
Winged Eagle > Everything else! ;)

pgarcia79
07-14-2011, 10:22 PM
Haha! I've always wondered what it would have been like if someone had told WCW back in the 90's that one day their crown jewel championship belt would be relegated to become the title belt for the second rate show of their competition. lol.

Rockstar83
07-14-2011, 10:36 PM
just bring back the Undisputed WWE Title back and everything will be fine, no more "Personal World titles"

SilverGhost
07-14-2011, 10:48 PM
I hope so. I'm tired of that model. It doesn't spin anymore so why bother. Oh.....being thug and street is so 07

SESAfro
07-14-2011, 11:00 PM
Winged Eagle > Everything else! ;)
This, this and this.

sincara
07-15-2011, 02:53 AM
thought miz would have given us a new title but he didnt and we never found out what was in rileys breifcase

Snair
07-15-2011, 04:09 AM
Any title belt looks great on Punk.

PureMetalftw!
07-15-2011, 05:57 AM
Attitude Era Belt > Spinning piece of shit

Blinker
07-15-2011, 07:38 AM
The problem with the current WWE belt is that it's thick, fugly, and gaudy. I really wanted them to use that as an exclusive belt for Cena. They did it for Edge (Rated R Belt) and Miz (M belt). If Punk gets it, he should get his own exclusive one. It should be throw back to the traditional styles. A thinner belt with no or little gems. Maybe have an imprint of his fists on it. I was a big fan of the Smoking Skull belt. Punk should have one like that with his own style. The WWE's new belt should be a remake of their early 90's belt. Make a few changes to give it a modern feel, but that's it.

johnnydropkicks
07-15-2011, 07:46 AM
Punk is gonna lose but then try to take the belt anyway. Cena will have won though thereby rendering the belt meaningless. He'll debut with the new championship. Just to be on the safe side Punk won't actually be able to take the old belt I don't think. He'll lose it somehow. Probably they all will. something will happen. and then everyone will be like :O but then they get the new one.

tupelojoe81
07-15-2011, 08:40 AM
http://ebid.s3.amazonaws.com/upload_big/4/5/4/1301330186-26740-0.jpg

nothing really wrong with this belt that they had before........i know you all want the winged eagle belt, but it says "world heavyweight champion" on it and they would have to modify it because Smackdown is the "heavyweight champion".

WWTNA Mark
07-15-2011, 08:44 AM
http://www.freewebs.com/tk0w/vivid-imaginations-wwe-title-belts--championship-spinning-belt.jpg
^^^The WWE spinner belt isn't ugly, it just looks better on certain people but i'll admit, this title DOES NOT fit most people on there roster. I'll say bringing the new belt could happen at MITB or Wrestlemaina. That's the only perfect time to do it.

Enforcer23
07-15-2011, 08:48 AM
Do you guys think there will be a new wwe championship coming in the wwe? If punk does win, and he does take the title, i think they will introduce a new title belt. Thoughts on this?

proble said but i think thats really there plan to introduce a new belt

they need something that is original and looks like its the top prize

midian
07-15-2011, 10:09 AM
Lets just hope they don't make it worse.like those horrible looking tag belts

Markedoutforlife
07-15-2011, 10:17 AM
I honestly smell a unification type situation... One world champ. No brands, and a jericho return to face punk at wreslemania.

Grind_Bastard
07-15-2011, 10:25 AM
I want a new belt, this one is horrible, I liked this one best:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/73/WWF_Championship_1998_-_2002.jpg

(I leave the link because image's too big)

Rich Cranium
07-15-2011, 11:03 AM
Nah dog, its been pretty much confirmed in all ways shapes and forms that CM Punk aint coming back.

Basically it's creative outsmarting the IWC. If anything, Punk may take a Jericho like break.

On Topic, no spinners or Hardy belts please.

AOF666
07-15-2011, 12:17 PM
Most like a new belt will be introduce, Punk hinted about. Let's just hope he is right. That belt is freaking ungly, it looks like a toy belt a kid would wear.

The Hit Man
07-15-2011, 12:35 PM
I honestly smell a unification type situation... One world champ. No brands, and a jericho return to face punk at wreslemania.

This would be brilliant but unlikely to happen in the forseeable future :( They do need a new belt, the current one looks like a toy. I doubt they'll change the belt while Cena's champ though seeing as he was the guy that brought the current one in.

tnawhat
07-16-2011, 07:42 AM
i really hope so the current one is ugly

Androo
07-17-2011, 04:33 PM
NO!!! They still need to go all out and completely fulfil my storyline that WWE borrowed from me, lol. :D

Miz needs to get massive and do it with him, a'la:
http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/showthread.php?3561-This-should-happen-for-The-Miz!!

PHENOMINAL ENIGMA
08-03-2011, 03:03 AM
Note: This is in the event they dont create a new belt after the Undispuded champ is crowned

Just like edge did with his WWE title should every star that wins the WWE title put their logo where the WWE spinner is or will it not be as good without the WWE logo on it

The Brown One
08-03-2011, 05:16 AM
Bad idea. Personally I didn't like the Rated R belt, even though it looked much better than the current WWE belt. The only good one was when Stone Cold introduced the Smoking Skull design.

Eve's Arse No.1
08-03-2011, 06:20 AM
Bad idea. Personally I didn't like the Rated R belt, even though it looked much better than the current WWE belt. The only good one was when Stone Cold introduced the Smoking Skull design.

Yep i agree the Rated R Belt just looked cheap and the current WWE one has always looked bad. But the Stone Cold one was cool i also liked John Cenas US title.

PHENOMINAL ENIGMA
08-03-2011, 07:20 AM
Yep i agree the Rated R Belt just looked cheap and the current WWE one has always looked bad. But the Stone Cold one was cool i also liked John Cenas US title.

Really i thought the US was worse then the WWE spinner

AOF666
08-03-2011, 08:25 AM
There should be no personalized belts at all. If they loose it doesn't fit the new champ. Any belt designed for Cena sucked.

Eve's Arse No.1
08-03-2011, 08:30 AM
Really i thought the US was worse then the WWE spinner

I liked it because that was where Cena belonged it suited his character at the time.

Tay Moran
08-03-2011, 11:27 PM
Ive never seen anything wrong with the current wwe championship

KJ PUNK
08-03-2011, 11:54 PM
I just wish they would make a new one. It was cool when Cena first introduced it bc he put his own "spin" on it (pun intended), but now its gotten old and it doesn't even spin anymore. Just go back to a traditional looking belt. I, for one, would prefer it if they went back to the WWF Attitude era championship.

THE_CRIPPLER
08-04-2011, 12:12 AM
I never liked personally desinged belts..... the only one tha tI liked that was remotly close to personally desinged was When the Warrior changed the color of the strap to match his outfits that was pretty cool, but the actual Design of the medal of the belt should not be changed.

WPack911
08-04-2011, 12:13 AM
I hope they change it too, I have never have liked it's current design and besides that it is just time for a change. Maybe a CM Punk themed title with his logo on it, or even better IMO a more traditional belt that can stand the test of time.

dubb1386
11-19-2012, 12:07 PM
365 days Cm Punk has been WWE champion...the way i see it what better way to celebrate than to debut a new championship....the spinner title that doesnt spin is so played out and was made for John Cena....it looks stupid on everyone else.....i think a lot of u guys agree that its long overdue and its time for a new top prize....and i think tonight since its day 365 would be a good night to do it....

Dennis
11-19-2012, 12:12 PM
:rolleyes: I kind of hope cm punk does a pepsi logo spinner so I can get on here on Tuesday and hear a riot.

TheRealOutlaw
11-19-2012, 12:14 PM
From what I have read, Orange County Choppers is making a new WWE championship belt. Why them I have no clue since they build bikes and not belts. But it would be nice to have Punk come out this Monday and have a new belt.

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
11-19-2012, 12:21 PM
I hope he comes out with a purple belt with his face on it.

I feel like they missed a great opportunity to debut the new belt when Punk was complaining about not being in the main event and the champion being devalued. Better late then never.

PandaMassacre
11-19-2012, 12:45 PM
If Punk comes out with a new championship then that would be great. I just hope they do not turn it bronze.

K2Jelly
11-19-2012, 12:49 PM
:rolleyes: I kind of hope cm punk does a pepsi logo spinner so I can get on here on Tuesday and hear a riot.

^^^^^^^^^

Win. Full of win. Ironically, I was drinking Pepsi when I read this. Needless to say, it came out my nose.

Dennis
11-19-2012, 12:51 PM
^^^^^^^^^

Win. Full of win. Ironically, I was drinking Pepsi when I read this. Needless to say, it came out my nose.
I thought someone might get a laugh out of that... I'm glad you were drinking a pepsi and it came of your nose... that just adds to the win factor! :)

tigermask
11-19-2012, 01:00 PM
I am reckoning the celebration on Raw will not feature a new belt, just because the current belt is so marketable for the WWE. With that being said, a new belt would be great. I just hope its not personalised for Punk, I would prefer a belt with class and dignity. I just don't think personalized belts have that.

Kenny Kaos
11-19-2012, 01:07 PM
I got two words for ya: Gold...Eagle

tigermask
11-19-2012, 02:11 PM
I got two words for ya: Gold...Eagle

Absolutely, it was a great belt, looked like a really championship title not a toy.
I like how northern Brits like us are on the same wavelength.

MachoManFan
11-19-2012, 02:19 PM
Absolutely, it was a great belt, looked like a really championship title not a toy.
I like how northern Brits like us are on the same wavelength.

Not just you Northerners! Gold Eagle for the win!

TheMizIsMichaelCole
11-19-2012, 03:49 PM
Eh count me in on that too ;) gold eagle over anything!

ToiletBowl
11-19-2012, 03:51 PM
I miss the title that Bret Hart wore... that later became the Hardcore Belt held together by tape.

Robstar
11-19-2012, 04:02 PM
There's plenty more on this subject I can find, none too different from the other. So, here they all are. Like a greatest hits package! ;)

SESAfro
11-19-2012, 04:12 PM
They could've made a new and improved version taking pieces from the Original Gold Eagle belt, the big Gold Eagle belt and the Undisputed belt. That's just me and my lack of nostalgia goggles. >.>

Robstar
11-19-2012, 04:18 PM
I didn't like that eagle belt. It looked like something you'd find on sale in the carpark before an indy show

Dubs
11-19-2012, 04:26 PM
http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z332/WWTNA/pepsi8bqfi.jpg?t=1353359975
That would be awesome if they did that. I also liked when Edge added the Rated R logo to the center-piece of the spinner belt. If I was to have CM Punk introduce a new WWE title, I would have him spray-paint an X on the current spinner belt, telling management that he's going to keep disrespecting the representation of the spinner belt until he gets a new WWE title design. It would make for an intriguing storyline.

Or, I would have CM Punk bring back the old Winged Eagle title to bring back prestige:
http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z332/WWTNA/tumblr_ly7jgfdKTr1qfjkvio1_500.jpg?t=1353360343

tigermask
11-19-2012, 04:30 PM
I just hope its not a sinner, it looks like a damned toy. I want prestige, and value to be the message the belt sends out, it makes it more of a prize and less of a prop. I think I was the only person who liked the ECW belt, bit that black metal belt had a look about it that I liked, it looked sleek and prize worthy.

Robstar
11-19-2012, 04:55 PM
I just hope its not a sinner, it looks like a damned toy. I want prestige, and value to be the message the belt sends out, it makes it more of a prize and less of a prop. I think I was the only person who liked the ECW belt, bit that black metal belt had a look about it that I liked, it looked sleek and prize worthy.

You mean the WWECW belt they made for Mark Henry, was it? I quite liked that one.

tigermask
11-19-2012, 05:55 PM
Yeah thats the one, it just looked like something you'd wanna fight a 400lb mastadon over,
The current WWE title looks like something kids fight over at preschool.
No title belt should have moving parts or ever look like an Essex Lass's vagazzled lady garden.

In my humble opinion.

Cabers
11-20-2012, 09:46 AM
As long as it doesn't look like the NXT Championship it will be an improvement!

Super_Dave
11-20-2012, 10:18 AM
As long as it doesn't look like the NXT Championship it will be an improvement!

I agree.... Even TNA's belt got ugly, well what do you expect, they're trying to keep Jeff Hardy in TNA.

jelle1809
11-21-2012, 06:42 AM
I believe that it'l either come past Royal Rumble or past Wrestlemania.

Regal>Cena
11-22-2012, 07:04 AM
I was idly looking at the article on wwe.com about longest reigns of the last 25 years; this currently stands at 380 days held by John Cena (surprisingly).

It made me wonder if CM Punk might "celebrate" passing this land mark by un-veiling a new belt? I think he would pass the landmark a week next Tuesday, so he could then unveil the belt a week or two before TLC - hopefully something closer to the "classic" belt as they did with the Intercontinental Title.

tigermask
11-22-2012, 08:04 AM
I think if punk was to unveil a new belt just before TLC, would be great, especially if he lost it. It'd be a bit like when he won the toy belt, WWE lost their emblem, their symbol. If punk was to unveil HIS belt, and then lost it...epic.

HCollins-TNA1
01-27-2013, 06:54 PM
If CM Punk beats the Rock or Rock beats Punk at the Royal Rumble I think we might see the new WWE title revealed.....