PDA

View Full Version : What If AJ Styles signed that contract with the WWE in 2002?

Jay Gravity
09-01-2010, 05:52 PM
What do you think if AJ signed with the WWE in 2002?

viva la deceased
09-01-2010, 06:30 PM
i see him 8 years later still as a mid-carder. wwe mid-carder=tna main eventer.

lucky7pointman
09-01-2010, 06:49 PM
What do you think if AJ signed with the WWE in 2002?

Well if aj got a gimmick that make him look good and still got the same wrestling skill then right now I see him being push to main event but not winning the world title yet

Hesterica
09-01-2010, 07:55 PM
Or he could have been released as a mid carder, went to TNA, and made a Chris Jericho like impact when Chris appeared on WWF/E for the first time.

Warmachine
09-01-2010, 09:38 PM
He would get the kofi kingston treatment ....ic title, main eventer, no world title repeatedly ...the other posibilitiy is released along with other cruiserweights after their title went defunct

westy
09-02-2010, 08:15 AM
Interesting post. For TNAs sake they are happy that he never signed. I'm sure he wouldn't have been used right in the WWE.

TheDevilsAdvocate
09-02-2010, 11:26 AM
They didn't even use Kevin Thorn(Mordecai) an Sean O'haire right. Why'd they use AJ Styles right? I could see him getting the Scotty 2 hotty treatment an going on to win a title or two before being permantly frozen in the midcards. vince doesn't care about talent. He just cares about people who are willing to step on others for their own gain.

The Doorman
09-02-2010, 12:24 PM
His name probably wouldnt be AJ Styles. It would be something like Ryan Gagglethone. And he'd only wrestle on Superstars, if that.

wrestlingfan316
09-02-2010, 03:13 PM
They didn't even use Kevin Thorn(Mordecai) an Sean O'haire right. Why'd they use AJ Styles right? I could see him getting the Scotty 2 hotty treatment an going on to win a title or two before being permantly frozen in the midcards. vince doesn't care about talent. He just cares about people who are willing to step on others for their own gain.

that in addition to his body builder physique fetish

Tommy Thunder
09-02-2010, 05:36 PM
If AJ Styles had signed with WWE in 2002, he would have had a mild push, to IC/Cruiserweight/European/Light-heavyweight/US title contention (possibly even winning one of them!). The he would have been gradually relegated down the ranks, and eventually released. He would then have been picked up by TNA, and would be in the position he is in now!

Rangers_Chosen_Hun
09-02-2010, 05:59 PM
if he had signed in 2002 i think he would be the mid carder/main event guy like rey, jericho and punk have been last few years if he was given the right gimmick to do so or he could be what john cena is now which would hve been a hell of a lot better to see

TheRealTCB
09-02-2010, 06:33 PM
honestly, i think that would depend on AJ. He has charisma, in ring skills, and the look he could've been pretty good. I believe he would be on Smackdown right now fighting for the World Heavyweight Championship. I have that much faith in him. Overall, I think TNA may have been the best place for him. I didn't start watching TNA until a couple of years ago but before that I knew who AJ Styles was. That has to say something.

The Pike
09-02-2010, 06:57 PM
success is more than just a gimmick or push... a lot of it is luck and timing. AJ would have been lost in the shuffle. He's a phenomenal wrestler and pretty good on the mic but so were alot of guys at that time. WWE was the only game in town. about 5% of the WCW roster had been taken by WWE and many GREAT talents were lost to indy's and forced retirements. These weren't just mid-carders buy guys who were really over with the fans... go take a look at the WCW roster just before WWE bought them out. AJ would definetly have been, at most, a mid-card wrestler in 2002. And really, at the end of the day, it's up to the fans. the FANS decide who becomes a star or not. Guys get pushes all the time and for whatever reason it doesn't catch. For every Rock, Orton, Edge, Austin, etc there are hundreds of guys who COULD'VE been the next big thing and just WEREN'T. TNA is perfect for AJ...and a LOT of other wrestlers. It gives them a showcase and allows them to gain fans, but it's not the same as WWE. Look at the Main Events in TNA... These are guys who either WERE midcarders in WWE or were main eventers 15 or 20 years ago. With the exception of maybe Kurt Angle, their main eventers aren't on par with the WWE's... though that is seemingly changing. WWE is confusing YOUTH with fan interest or talent. let's look at the recent battle for the "vacated" World Title... Kurt Angle (As I said, the only really legit Main Eventer of the bunch.) Mr. Anderson (Mr. Kennedy-Mid-carder) D'Angelo Dinero (Elijah Burke-Mid-carder) Jeff Hardy (didn't win the BIG one until 10 years into PRO career, though I'll give it to him. he won the world heavyweight belt twice and the wwe belt once.) Matt Morgan (do I need to really say anthing?) Rob Terry(?) Jay Lethal (?). This is not an indictment of their TALENT...they are all VERY talented performers but they are all, effectively, mid-carders.... for whatever reason. The term "Big Fish in a small pond" comes to mind, and good for them. I'm glad they are getting the chances they are getting to show what they can do but let's face it, they are not household names (Angle and Hardy being the obvious exceptions.) AJ is a great wrestler but he is not Steve Austin or the Rock or HHH... He's not Orton or Cena, either (Say what you will about Cena but he's a draw. Some of the greatest wrestlers of all-time weren't the best IN-RING... Hell, Austin and the Rock were pretty terrible "Wrestlers" but that never really mattered.) AJ is best served where he is... In TNA and he knows it. AJ can be a superstar in TNA, he would NOT be in WWE... Just ask Christian.

IrkenInvader
07-11-2011, 09:53 PM
http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/1002/new-cia-anti-terrorism-strategy-anti-terrorism-boyle-cia-al-demotivational-poster-1265733534.jpg

Juvenile Junkie
07-12-2011, 07:09 AM
spirit squad

Juvenile Junkie
07-12-2011, 07:10 AM
success is more than just a gimmick or push... a lot of it is luck and timing. AJ would have been lost in the shuffle. He's a phenomenal wrestler and pretty good on the mic but so were alot of guys at that time. WWE was the only game in town. about 5% of the WCW roster had been taken by WWE and many GREAT talents were lost to indy's and forced retirements. These weren't just mid-carders buy guys who were really over with the fans... go take a look at the WCW roster just before WWE bought them out. AJ would definetly have been, at most, a mid-card wrestler in 2002. And really, at the end of the day, it's up to the fans. the FANS decide who becomes a star or not. Guys get pushes all the time and for whatever reason it doesn't catch. For every Rock, Orton, Edge, Austin, etc there are hundreds of guys who COULD'VE been the next big thing and just WEREN'T. TNA is perfect for AJ...and a LOT of other wrestlers. It gives them a showcase and allows them to gain fans, but it's not the same as WWE. Look at the Main Events in TNA... These are guys who either WERE midcarders in WWE or were main eventers 15 or 20 years ago. With the exception of maybe Kurt Angle, their main eventers aren't on par with the WWE's... though that is seemingly changing. WWE is confusing YOUTH with fan interest or talent. let's look at the recent battle for the "vacated" World Title... Kurt Angle (As I said, the only really legit Main Eventer of the bunch.) Mr. Anderson (Mr. Kennedy-Mid-carder) D'Angelo Dinero (Elijah Burke-Mid-carder) Jeff Hardy (didn't win the BIG one until 10 years into PRO career, though I'll give it to him. he won the world heavyweight belt twice and the wwe belt once.) Matt Morgan (do I need to really say anthing?) Rob Terry(?) Jay Lethal (?). This is not an indictment of their TALENT...they are all VERY talented performers but they are all, effectively, mid-carders.... for whatever reason. The term "Big Fish in a small pond" comes to mind, and good for them. I'm glad they are getting the chances they are getting to show what they can do but let's face it, they are not household names (Angle and Hardy being the obvious exceptions.) AJ is a great wrestler but he is not Steve Austin or the Rock or HHH... He's not Orton or Cena, either (Say what you will about Cena but he's a draw. Some of the greatest wrestlers of all-time weren't the best IN-RING... Hell, Austin and the Rock were pretty terrible "Wrestlers" but that never really mattered.) AJ is best served where he is... In TNA and he knows it. AJ can be a superstar in TNA, he would NOT be in WWE... Just ask Christian.

good to see Joel gertner in good spirits

monctonvike
07-12-2011, 07:46 AM
If AJ Styles had signed with WWE in 2002, he would have had a mild push, to IC/Cruiserweight/European/Light-heavyweight/US title contention (possibly even winning one of them!). The he would have been gradually relegated down the ranks, and eventually released. He would then have been picked up by TNA, and would be in the position he is in now!

pretty much this, or he would have been jobbing on sunday night heat with jerry lynn

steveorton
07-12-2011, 08:05 AM
He would probably be fired, the guy has no mic skills so I doubt he would be able to cut it in the WWE for so long, I'm jus sayin...

Markedoutforlife
07-12-2011, 08:14 AM
He would probably be fired, the guy has no mic skills so I doubt he would be able to cut it in the WWE for so long, I'm jus sayin...

I agree while I still hate the catchphrase.

Tay Moran
07-12-2011, 08:51 PM
If AJ had gone to WWE he would have been used the same as Shelton Benjamin. A talented guy who would stay in the midcard because he dosent have decent mic skills, thats the only thing think that would have held AJ back in the WWE.

Y2Jryder
07-13-2011, 08:06 AM
spirit squad

lol^^^^^^^^