PDA

View Full Version : The Return Of KOTR

TheBeardOfZeus
11-25-2010, 05:57 PM
Its back this monday in a three hour special, and i wanted to see people thoughts/expectations/hopes for this tournaments return.

Ill not say the participants for the sake of spoliers in Friday's SD, but i think Sheamus will win, and I have a hope that Morrison wins.

Discuss.

Bodom
11-25-2010, 06:00 PM
Im tied between Sheamus and Del Rio.

CMhuw24
11-25-2010, 06:02 PM

I agree.
But i wish Jo-Mo would win, only for the sake of his push.
Del Rio can do it himself, and Sheamus is already a main eventer.

TheBeardOfZeus
11-25-2010, 06:24 PM
I agree.
But i wish Jo-Mo would win, only for the sake of his push.
Del Rio can do it himself, and Sheamus is already a main eventer.

Agreed. What about the other competitiors? Rhodes? Kingston? Zeke?

Robstar
11-25-2010, 06:44 PM
I'm afraid they'll put it on Zeke for the sake of an image for the big man, but that would be like a car crash in slo-mo. Didn't McIntyre make it in. I'd say him and Del Rio but most likely Sheamus

Necroyeti
11-25-2010, 06:50 PM
booyaka booyaka
my left knee
booyaka booyaka
burying everyone
booyaka booyaka
he won't job
booyaka booyaka
rey mysterio

SilverGhost
11-25-2010, 06:54 PM

I feel the same way.

TheBeardOfZeus
11-25-2010, 06:56 PM
I feel the same way.

Would you want either to win?

TheBeardOfZeus
11-25-2010, 06:57 PM
booyaka booyaka
my left knee
booyaka booyaka
burying everyone
booyaka booyaka
he won't job
booyaka booyaka
rey mysterio

haha i'm glad he isn't in, I like how its mainly fresh faces getting a chance at a push, except Sheamus of course.

SilverGhost
11-25-2010, 06:59 PM
Would you want either to win?

Sheamus would fit to get him back in the main event. HHH will kick his ass since Sheamus is unfit to be King.

Del Rio would fit as well because of his gimmick.

Bodom
11-25-2010, 07:00 PM
I like how the KOTR has an even number of faces and heels.

TheBeardOfZeus
11-25-2010, 07:03 PM
I like how the KOTR has an even number of faces and heels.

How very convineint of them.

Necroyeti
11-25-2010, 07:05 PM
haha i'm glad he isn't in, I like how its mainly fresh faces getting a chance at a push, except Sheamus of course.Oh goddamn spoilers, managed to avoid them so well too ;_;

I'll be looking forward to seeing if he loses cleanly. (PREDICTION: He won't)

TheBeardOfZeus
11-25-2010, 07:07 PM
Oh goddamn spoilers, managed to avoid them so well too ;_;

Sorry to ruin it for you dude, i assumed and assumed wrong. So i'll leave you in anticipation of the outcome of his match.

Robstar
11-25-2010, 07:08 PM
booyaka booyaka
my left knee
booyaka booyaka
burying everyone
booyaka booyaka
he won't job
booyaka booyaka
rey mysterio

Oh it's true, it's true!

Robstar
11-25-2010, 07:10 PM
Oh goddamn spoilers, managed to avoid them so well too ;_;

Oh hell, I never even considered that people don't read the weekly spoilers for WWE shows. Oops!

TheBeardOfZeus
11-25-2010, 07:15 PM
Oh hell, I never even considered that people don't read the weekly spoilers for WWE shows. Oops!

Neither did I, now I feel so bad for ruining part of his Friday night.

hollywoodrock
11-25-2010, 07:31 PM
it would make sense for shameus to win bc he can brag abotu being a king n shit then boom hhh comes back....thats upt unpredictable wwe is anymore...except for a few bright spots

Johnnygomez
11-25-2010, 07:33 PM
Jo-Mo for a nice set up title program with the Miz

Necroyeti
11-25-2010, 07:36 PM
Well I guess it IS a forum on a dirtsheet site after all, so it's my own fault for clicking on the thread lol

TheBeardOfZeus
11-25-2010, 07:41 PM
Jo-Mo for a nice set up title program with the Miz

I would like this, but it just seems so unlikely this close to 'Mania.

And welcome to the forum!

El_Phenomenal
11-25-2010, 11:04 PM
Del Rio should win this KOTR, i mean really how does WWE not know that. A superstar like him, psh. Oye Hijo!!

Tha Crows Nest
11-26-2010, 12:27 AM
I really see it being Sheamus and having the KOTR vs the King of Kings but I would much rather it be King Kofi and maybe have it go to his head not like it did with Booker T but just have him become alot more cocky and just walk around the back like he is the most talented superstar in the WWE. Culminate that with a win in the MITB match and the Kofi push is finally successful.

LUCIDFREUD
11-26-2010, 01:23 AM
Del Rio stated the case after killing mysterio the 1st time... "blah blah I'm the NEW REY"... BUT I'm sure the whole thing was brought back to hype up some muscle mountain of stupid.. *King zeke*
Though "Momentum" Morrison deserves something big, besides Melina's spiltastic booty

cato79
11-26-2010, 10:08 AM
Gimmick wise, Del Rio is the perfect fit... he has the attutude already...

Looking forward to WM27, Sheamus should be the winner, assuming a feud with HHH (The King of Kings)... If they are still looking to have him face The undertaker, it doesn't make sense to have him win KOTR... Just wondering...

I'd really like to see Morrison win this one, however, imo, can't see him using that in his current face run...

TheBeardOfZeus
11-26-2010, 10:15 AM
Out of everyone now, i'm not sure who i really want to win.

How about 'Dashing' King Cody? Kind of has a ring to it, or King Zeke?

Rich Cranium
11-26-2010, 10:18 AM
Only if Zeke is King and has a royal mouthpiece.

IrkenInvader
11-26-2010, 10:51 AM
I don't want some muscle bound moron who can't wrestle and runs out of gas in 45 seconds as king. So no Zeke. This sounds like a great way to get someone over, it launched Stone Cold like a space shuttle. So make it someone who deserves it Del Rio, Daniel, Sheamus, Morrison, or Kingston.
I can't see Rhodes or McIntyre in the main event with their current mic skills.

K2Jelly
11-26-2010, 10:55 AM
I don't want some muscle bound moron who can't wrestle and runs out of gas in 45 seconds as king. So no Zeke. This sounds like a great way to get someone over, it launched Stone Cold like a space shuttle. So make it someone who deserves it Del Rio, Daniel, Sheamus, Morrison, or Kingston.
I can't see Rhodes or McIntyre in the main event with their current mic skills.

I can see your point about McIntyre, but Rhodes has awesome mic skills. Remember his promo on brushing your teeth while SD was in the UK?

Anyways, the only three people that I could see winning would be Sheamus, Rhodes or Del Rio.

IrkenInvader
11-26-2010, 11:05 AM
I can see your point about McIntyre, but Rhodes has awesome mic skills. Remember his promo on brushing your teeth while SD was in the UK?

Anyways, the only three people that I could see winning would be Sheamus, Rhodes or Del Rio.

Yeah that was funny, but nothing else he's done really screams main event to me. My main problem is his gimmick, its mid-card only. Its like Simon Dean (remember him?), Val Venis (never got anything major), my point is if they are too gimmicky then they don't do well. Kofi from Jamaica?

K2Jelly
11-26-2010, 11:10 AM
Yeah that was funny, but nothing else he's done really screams main event to me. My main problem is his gimmick, its mid-card only. Its like Simon Dean (remember him?), Val Venis (never got anything major), my point is if they are too gimmicky then they don't do well. Kofi from Jamaica?

I suppose so. I can take Kofi more seriously now that he's not smiling all the time. If only they didn't drop the ball during his feud with Orton. I don't really think you have to be pushed into the main event when you win KOTR so I can still see some hope for Rhodes although I think having Alberto Del Rio win would make the most sense. They say he's from a descendant of kings, gimmick wise, so continuing the tradition by winning KOTR would be a perfect fit for him.

Kashdinero
11-26-2010, 11:35 AM
If I had to liken Cody to anyone it would be "the Model" Rick Martell... As has been said before on this thread, Cody's current gimmick is mid-card at best! Personally I can't see Cody advancing above mid-card anytime soon no matter what his gimmick is.
I really hope they don't go with Zeke, he may have the look but it ends there.
I'd go with either Sheamus or Del Rios as the obvious choices but the guy who needs it the most is McIntyre. It has to be a heel IMO, Especially if they're going to go with the winner having the king gimmick...
Then again both the champs are heels so we just might get a popular Jo Mo victory!

Obviously a Daniel Bryan win would be my favourite choice but as U.S champ I really can't see that happening.

NecroButcher187
11-26-2010, 02:50 PM
Alberto Del Rio!!!!! The Essence Of Excellence, descended from kings is now your WWE King of the Ring!!! I'm already salivating at the sheer thought of it. I see McIntyre as an outside chance, just to boost his stature...but Del RIo would be perfect.

TheDevilsAdvocate
11-26-2010, 03:15 PM
Alberto Del Rio!!!!! The Essence Of Excellence, descended from kings is now your WWE King of the Ring!!! I'm already salivating at the sheer thought of it. I see McIntyre as an outside chance, just to boost his stature...but Del RIo would be perfect.

I agree 98% with what you just said.