PDA

View Full Version : Does Heel vs. Heel Really Work?

K2Jelly
11-25-2010, 02:30 PM
When you have two guys feud over the main strap, it's usually a face over a heel. Sometimes it might be a face vs. face. But would a heel vs. heel over a world championship really work? For me it's a no. What'd you guys think?

TheBeardOfZeus
11-25-2010, 02:37 PM
When you have two guys feud over the main strap, it's usually a face over a heel. Sometimes it might be a face vs. face. But would a heel vs. heel over a world championship really work? For me it's a no. What'd you guys think?

I'm not really sure tbh, i don't think it does atm, but surely a very good writer could craft a story in a way which it did.

wallyman
11-25-2010, 03:07 PM
i think no one cares no more since everyone already knows its fake...i think everyone cares weather u can give a good match...thats all that matter

SilverGhost
11-25-2010, 03:08 PM
It does kinda work. There are those rare moments that people actually cheer for the favorite bad guy.

You get to see all the dark powers of the heel work in this match.

Necroyeti
11-25-2010, 03:33 PM
It works, assuming the heels in question have a deeper character/motivation beyond "OOOO I'M AN ASSHOLE, FUCK YOU FACE"

Post-script: That's probably the exception rather than the rule nowadays though, since LOLTNA and WWE equating "PG" with "dumbed down". (seems to be improving though, remember that awesome Miz promo at MITB?)

Robstar
11-25-2010, 03:49 PM
I think this topic is the perfect example of why it wouldn't work. Wrestling fans by and large, refuse to even attempt to think outside of the box. Stupid marks that go "why should I watch a match where I can't cheer for one guy?" Um, maybe for the WRESTLING?

Black. White. That's all. Duh. *smh* Absolutely one fucking dimensional.

Triple H/Angle - Royal Rumble 2001
HBK/Rick Martel - Summerslam 2002
Kurt Angle/JBL - 2004/5
Edge/Orton - 2007(?)
IPITS/Scottland - 2010

SilverGhost
11-25-2010, 03:51 PM
I think this topic is the perfect example of why it wouldn't work. Wrestling fans by and large, refuse to even attempt to think outside of the box. Stupid marks that go "why should I watch a match where I can't cheer for one guy?" Um, maybe for the WRESTLING?

Black. White. That's all. Duh. *smh* Absolutely one fucking dimensional.

Triple H/Angle - Royal Rumble 2001
HBK/Rick Martel - Summerslam 2002
Kurt Angle/JBL - 2004/5
Edge/Orton - 2007(?)
IPITS/Scottland - 2010

This is infinite wisdom in wrestling!

Nay_Than
11-25-2010, 04:32 PM
I always love seeing 2 really cocky heels in a match.

SilverGhost
11-25-2010, 04:36 PM
I always love seeing 2 really cocky heels in a match.

Same.

All the under handed tactics.... xD

cato79
11-25-2010, 05:02 PM
i think no one cares no more since everyone already knows its fake...i think everyone cares weather u can give a good match...thats all that matter

You would de amazed how many people doesn't realize that yet... so, that EVERYBODY is far from real....

Robstar
11-25-2010, 05:03 PM
I think it's great seeing them try to out-heel each other.

SilverGhost
11-25-2010, 06:01 PM

Wow...dude....it does matter for the wrestler....

evilgenius780
11-25-2010, 07:52 PM

Ive always wanted to see something like this. They never seem to give it a chance. If its done properly I think it could be something great, get Jericho involved, because anything he touches turns to gold

K2Jelly
11-25-2010, 09:12 PM
Interesting points, everyone, but what I mean is, if a heel were to be in a feud with a heel over a world championship, would it be appealing to EVERYONE? Not just IWC marks. Sure, wrestling could be a bonus, but it's not always a guarentee. What if two heels with sloppy ring work feuded? You might experience indifference as to who wins. But, even if a face and a heel went at it and they both sucked in-ring wise, then you might want to see who will win based on their alignment. Even with face vs. face, there's usually a mutual respect thing. Also, since faces get over with more of the audience than heels, there will be a lot of fans on both sides thus making more tension for the overall result. That's why I feel heel vs. heel won't work. So with that in mind, do you STILL believe it would appeal to a majority of the audience if it were heel vs. heel?

Bodom
11-25-2010, 09:15 PM
Difficult for me to really answer.

I think it just depends on the talent.

SilverGhost
11-25-2010, 09:21 PM
Interesting points, everyone, but what I mean is, if a heel were to be in a feud with a heel over a world championship, would it be appealing to EVERYONE? Not just IWC marks. Sure, wrestling could be a bonus, but it's not always a guarentee. What if two heels with sloppy ring work feuded? You might experience indifference as to who wins. But, even if a face and a heel went at it and they both sucked in-ring wise, then you might want to see who will win based on their alignment. Even with face vs. face, there's usually a mutual respect thing. Also, since faces get over with more of the audience than heels, there will be a lot of fans on both sides thus making more tension for the overall result. That's why I feel heel vs. heel won't work. So with that in mind, do you STILL believe it would appeal to a majority of the audience if it were heel vs. heel?

Heel vs Heel can work.

I remember that it was Edge vs Orton...both heels and cheered Edge. I am guessing its due to popularity.

"Honor amoung thieves?"

SaberToothTigerz
11-26-2010, 03:25 AM
i think so too heels vs heels work it could get boring faces squaring off but heels bring on the most hatred
now if u ask a little kid "hey wanna see jack swagger defending his american pride over alberto del rio who is a rich mexican?"
the kid will say "but i dont like them...they are meanies.."
so there ya go kids hate the heels and they are not smart enough to understand a match's quality by its wrestling.