PDA

View Full Version : Diva Division

kelltaylor777777
11-25-2010, 10:00 AM
With the current state of the Diva Division in WWE, which former Women's Champion would you like to see return to add depth to the division?

Kid_Gangsta
11-25-2010, 10:31 AM
Trish Stratus is my favorite Diva of all time, so i vote her...

kelltaylor777777
11-25-2010, 10:40 AM
Trish Stratus is my favorite wrestler of all time too! She was an amazing face and heel! When all the other divas where worrying about bra and panties, she was focusing on being the greatest Women's Champion of all time!

Rich Cranium
11-25-2010, 10:49 AM
Trish, Lita and I wish they would actually use Gail Kim.

SaberToothTigerz
11-25-2010, 10:53 AM
lita :D
or trish

xAzureSkye
11-25-2010, 11:15 AM
Trish Stratus or Molly.

Finally..
11-25-2010, 11:41 AM
torrie, stacy, lita and trish. those were the days =F

viperrtracing
11-25-2010, 11:44 AM
Lita FTW!!!

Jguy88
11-25-2010, 11:46 AM
It would definately be Lita or Trish and if her act ever gets better Chyna would be awesome to have back

Thewoodcutter
11-25-2010, 01:36 PM
Trish is the greatest woman wrestler ever period and Stacy's long legs need to strattle that middle rope one more time

Robstar
11-25-2010, 01:45 PM
I can't decide who to vote for. Almost all of that list would make the current divas look bad

IrkenInvader
11-25-2010, 02:08 PM
I can't decide who to vote for. Almost all of that list would make the current divas look bad

They look bad on their own.

cainecollin
11-25-2010, 03:50 PM
There should be an "other" option. As there were plenty of really great ones that weren't around during that era you chose for your poll choices and could still out perform the ones on that list, Alundra Blayze/Madusa being one of them. Also it would help if they were allowed to actually showcase their talent (as anyone that has seen some of the current "divas" in indy promos will tell you they were able to perform amazingly)

SevenCagedTigers
11-25-2010, 06:40 PM
Holy shit, I forgot Gail Kim was still with the company. LOL, thats so funny that they have one of the greatest women's wrestlers of all time and they refuse to use her. Just think back on all the great matches Gail Kim had in TNA. When Gail Kim left, it took them fucking YEARS to rebuild the women's division. This makes me LOL out loud that the WWE has someone who was a cornerstone of the entire Knockouts division and they refuse so use her.

TheBeardOfZeus
11-25-2010, 06:47 PM
Such a hard decision, but went for Trish over Lita, simply because I think she just edges on wrestling ability.

I'd do Lita in a heartbeat, I may add.

maar13
11-25-2010, 08:16 PM
I would love to see Lita again there, she may not be the most technical of them all but was a daredevil and she always geve her all.

The Litacanrana (Huracanrrana from the top turnbuckle) was one Hell of a move.

TheDevilsAdvocate
11-25-2010, 10:30 PM
There are so many great choices on this list but I voted on Lita. I think if all of these divas were to come back then the diva's division would be worth watching again. I think Lita has actually showed interest in coming back one day just for fun.

SilverGhost
11-25-2010, 11:01 PM
Trish and Lita for me!

Tha Crows Nest
11-26-2010, 02:00 AM
Lata & Trish are defenitly running away with this one but i gotta go trish one of my all time favorite divas to watch and shes canadian. Everything is better when its Canadian.

Kashdinero
11-26-2010, 07:14 AM
Trish is my favourite out of those on the poll. But I have to say I don't think any of these former Divas would make a blind bit of difference individually. The current Diva division is too far gone IMO. Never before have there been so many Divas on the roster and with the exception of a couple they're all completley fucking useless!! The division needs a compete facelift rather than an Ex-Diva to return just to get lost in the shuffle.

kelltaylor777777
11-27-2010, 05:03 AM
I really wish we could go back to the times where Gail Kim was properly used like she was in TNA! Where Trish Stratus and Lita carried a roster full of Divas that could actually wrestle and women like Torrie Wilson and Stacy Kiebler wrestled but were still sexy with it! Those were the times! We need to go back to the Attitude Era!

kelltaylor777777
12-01-2010, 09:34 AM
Oh where oh where has the good divas gone! Oh where oh where can they be? I looked high, I looked low, and there's no where to go! Oh where oh where can they be? Lol!

el gabo
12-01-2010, 09:59 AM
Trish. A landslide

Androo
12-02-2010, 05:22 PM
obviously lita and trish would be welcome back with bloody diamond encrusted gold dinosaurs. and aswell as candice for her looks i d like to see back. but i went for molly holly, shes very experienced and talented in the ring and deserved a longer larger push ther! peace!

SevenCagedTigers
12-03-2010, 03:18 PM
I really wish we could go back to the times where Gail Kim was properly used like she was in TNA! Where Trish Stratus and Lita carried a roster full of Divas that could actually wrestle and women like Torrie Wilson and Stacy Kiebler wrestled but were still sexy with it! Those were the times! We need to go back to the Attitude Era!

I think thats revisionist history. The older the memory, the greater the embellishment, because Torrie Wilson and Stacy Keibler were garbage in the ring. I remember always being angry with Torrie Wilson because she struggled with even the most basic moves, even after years of being involved in both WCW and WWE. Stacy Keibler, all 105 pounds of her, were worthless as a wrestler beyond her ring entrance.

The WWE had a roster full of women who could wrestle, but the majority of them were never used properly. Molly Holly was never allowed to be the centerpiece of the women's division, apparently for being too heavy for the role. Ivory apparently was too old, despite being one of the greatest and most underrated women's wrestlers. Jaqueline was a solid wrestler but again, never made the centerpiece. Tough enough winners like Jackie Gayda and Nidia were, I'm sorry to say, too ugly for television. And then you always had your eye-candy Divas like Maria and Kristy Hemme who just weren't good enough wrestlers.

If you consider Trish Stratus, Lita and Victoria the entire women's division then yes, the old women's division was better. But right now we have Beth Phoenix, Nattie Neidhart, Gail Kim and Melina, who are all solid women's wrestlers. Youve still got your worthless eye candy (Eve, Kelly Kelly, Vicky Guerrerro) and youve got your space-wasters like the Bellas and Rosa Mendez.

Personally, say what you wil about Michelle McCool sleeping her way to the top, I think she's entertaining and her aggressiveness is believable in the ring. She doesn't turn off her character when the bell rings. And I honestly think Maryse is solid in the ring as well, her character also comes through in the ring and I think its important to telling a good story.

Things are good now, I honestly don't see why everyone is so nostalgic. Just cut the fat like the worthless Bella Twins and Rosa Mendez, make way for some NXT season 3 goodness like Naomi and A.J. and the WWE's women's division will kill whats left of TNA's Knockouts. I'm not saying the Knockouts are bad, I'm saying their writers suck.

Cynicism
12-03-2010, 05:36 PM
Well using Gail Kim would in my opinion be better than any of the Diva's on that list. I voted for Lita though, I'd like her to have another run so she could have a proper send off

Taxi Driver
12-04-2010, 01:44 PM
Lita or Trish. Or Lita and Trish.