PDA

View Full Version : AJ Styles' promo last night...

Xpacfan
11-02-2012, 10:07 AM
Did anyone else catch the obvious jab to WWE during the promo he cut with Bobby Roode? It was something to the effect of:

"Quit complaining. I had people taking pictures of me in bed with people, trying to wreck my life...that seems to be happening a lot to people by the name of AJ lately".

Can't say that I feel one way or the other about the statement but it was definately a "WOW" moment when I heard it. Thoughts?

Cabers
11-02-2012, 10:14 AM
Yeah it was TNA calling out WWE for "stealing" if you will a storyline that had just finished in TNA. (Claire Lynch Storyline) Ironically the majority thought it was a horrible storyline and yet WWE have done a version of it.

Xpacfan
11-02-2012, 10:17 AM
Its funny how that was mentioned last night and Kurt Angle had tweeted something earlier to the effect of WWE ripping off ideas from TNA.

alcrissam
11-02-2012, 10:32 AM
Personally i enjoyed that storyline, the only problem for me was how annoying Claire lynch could be at times >.<

MachoManFan
11-02-2012, 10:57 AM
I was just on my way here to start this thread! for those he didn't see it this is the promo in question. Skip to 2:30 for Aj shooting on AJ about the AJ storyline being copied from the AJ storyline with AJ in! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3f-pYIDWVU4&amp;feature=share&amp;list=UUOp8wkVqdrWbFYHjDv946 QQ

Nexus n' Eights
11-02-2012, 11:05 AM
There are people on the internet who have been outspoken of the fact that WWE stole a storyline from TNA.If you know any of these people,please inform them that they were correct.

So Robster,cat got your tongue?........................................... ........or have WWE stolen that too? hahaha

Darkside Ron Garvin
11-02-2012, 11:13 AM
It blew up on twitter. AJ Styles was trending worldwide for about 30 mins or so because of it. Definately had people talking. I thought it was a funny jab but don't see how it affects anything one way or another. Kinda like when Cena took his "I'll go somewhere else... *Hogan voice* Brother" jab at TNA.

Dennis
11-02-2012, 11:14 AM
There are people on the internet who have been outspoken of the fact that WWE stole a storyline from TNA.If you know any of these people,please inform them that they were correct.

So Robster,cat got your tongue?........................................... ........or have WWE stolen that too? hahaha
are you really calling out a mod? :rolleyes:
I don't think anyone thought the wwe aj storyline was super original... but as long as it's done well who really cares... though good jab from aj styles.... he made it very obvious what he was doing as well lol.

Nexus n' Eights
11-02-2012, 11:15 AM
It blew up on twitter. AJ Styles was trending worldwide for about 30 mins or so because of it. Definately had people talking. I thought it was a funny jab but don't see how it affects anything one way or another. Kinda like when Cena took his "I'll go somewhere else... *Hogan voice* Brother" jab at TNA.

why can't we just have 1 WWE/TNA interaction storyline,we all know both companies could use the ratings boost.

magglis
11-02-2012, 11:16 AM
Hahaha yes i loved that moment

magglis
11-02-2012, 11:17 AM
are you really calling out a mod? :rolleyes:
I don't think anyone thought the wwe aj storyline was super original... but as long as it's done well who really cares... though good jab from aj styles.... he made it very obvious what he was doing as well lol.
And the biggest heel mod EVER

Dennis
11-02-2012, 11:21 AM
And the biggest heel mod EVER
robstar is quite the heel. I kind of want to start an aj lee appreciation thread just for him :)

magglis
11-02-2012, 11:23 AM
robstar is quite the heel. I kind of want to start an aj lee appreciation thread just for him :)
We already had one:p

Darkside Ron Garvin
11-02-2012, 11:29 AM
why can't we just have 1 WWE/TNA interaction storyline,we all know both companies could use the ratings boost.

We did at one time... It was called "ECW invades RAW is WAR" back in the 90's. They tried it again with the Invasion angle, but that became a "How many problems do the McMahons have that they can put on air" angle instead.

Trust me, I can see NUMEROUS dream matches I would love to see out of it (Number 1 being Tyson Kidd vs. AJ Styles - Fuck the Punk/Joe rehash!) but ultimately, it would be Vince's way of making everything NOT WWE look horrible. WCW wasn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be due to the WWE propaganda of WCW. WWE had just as many bad storylines and characters as WCW, but they never talk about the stupid shit WWE did, and play up the successful things they had. WCW did give us the Dungeon of Doom but followed with the nWo. WWE gave us an OJ Simpson car chase scene on WrestleMania 12, but the only thing that WWE pushes about WM 12 is the Ironman match. That's what gets me about all the hate given to WCW and TNA. Watch it yourself and judge for yourself; don't go off of what you are told. WCW had some excellent wrestling, but that history is currently being re-writen by the WWE, so 15 years from now, no one will remember outside of what you find on YouTube.

Sicksnuff17
11-02-2012, 11:39 AM
WWE is showing TNA how a crappy storyline is done, at least Aj Lee isn't a horrible actress

Wrestling Realist
11-02-2012, 11:43 AM
We did at one time... It was called "ECW invades RAW is WAR" back in the 90's. They tried it again with the Invasion angle, but that became a "How many problems do the McMahons have that they can put on air" angle instead.

Trust me, I can see NUMEROUS dream matches I would love to see out of it (Number 1 being Tyson Kidd vs. AJ Styles - Fuck the Punk/Joe rehash!) but ultimately, it would be Vince's way of making everything NOT WWE look horrible. WCW wasn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be due to the WWE propaganda of WCW. WWE had just as many bad storylines and characters as WCW, but they never talk about the stupid shit WWE did, and play up the successful things they had. WCW did give us the Dungeon of Doom but followed with the nWo. WWE gave us an OJ Simpson car chase scene on WrestleMania 12, but the only thing that WWE pushes about WM 12 is the Ironman match. That's what gets me about all the hate given to WCW and TNA. Watch it yourself and judge for yourself; don't go off of what you are told. WCW had some excellent wrestling, but that history is currently being re-writen by the WWE, so 15 years from now, no one will remember outside of what you find on YouTube.

yeah that one thing (one of many) that I hate about WWE is they make WCW seem like could do nothing thing right and ruin every thing but seeing as they were kicking WWE ass what does that make WWE then a huge joke? If I were them I would make them look like the best thing ever and then the WWE beat them making WWE even better

magglis
11-02-2012, 11:44 AM
WWE is showing TNA how a crappy storyline is done, at least Aj Lee isn't a horrible actress
I don't find her good

Darkside Ron Garvin
11-02-2012, 12:01 PM
yeah that one thing (one of many) that I hate about WWE is they make WCW seem like could do nothing thing right and ruin every thing but seeing as they were kicking WWE ass what does that make WWE then a huge joke? If I were them I would make them look like the best thing ever and then the WWE beat them making WWE even better

I wouldn't have taken it that far. I think the Monday Night Wars DVD did a good job painting both companies in a positive light at parts; especially when Vince McMahon was talking about the "fight" he was in, he showed just how real of a threat WCW was and that they were a producing a solid product. Putting the goofy cheap shots at Ted Tuner being in the "Rasslin" business and some of the other jabs he took, they at least admitted that the company was competition, even if they will only admit to the time that they were "leading" the ratings as the time in which they were competition. If anything, WCW was the alternative to WWF for many years before hand. WCW was the "Rasslin" show and WWF was the "Superstars" show - I am not complimenting WWF here because in my mind "Superstars" = Male Soap Opera that people typically refer to wrestling as these days.

DK Wrestling Savior
11-02-2012, 12:14 PM

I was waiting for something like this. Bash TNA for the AJ affair with Dixie angle, but then praise WWE for doing the same thing...even though their version is worse. As annoying as Claire Lynch was, I'd watch her acting for 48 straight hours before I'd lower myself to having to stomach 5 or 6 segments a week involving Vickie Guerrero.

Love these people with their heads embedded deep in the crevice of WWE's ass.

Sicksnuff17
11-02-2012, 12:15 PM
I don't find her good

Better than Claire Lynch i mean

Sicksnuff17
11-02-2012, 12:16 PM
I was waiting for something like this. Bash TNA for the AJ affair with Dixie angle, but then praise WWE for doing the same thing...even though their version is worse. As annoying as Claire Lynch was, I'd watch her acting for 48 straight hours before I'd lower myself to having to stomach 5 or 6 segments a week involving Vickie Guerrero.

Love these people with their heads embedded deep in the crevice of WWE's ass.

Im not bashing TNA he storyline for both companies is dumb, I cant stand Vickie but u have to admit WWE does it better and Claire Lynch was so horrible

magglis
11-02-2012, 12:17 PM
Better than Claire Lynch i mean
OK then.:)

MachoManFan
11-02-2012, 01:23 PM
Im not bashing TNA he storyline for both companies is dumb, I cant stand Vickie but u have to admit WWE does it better and Claire Lynch was so horrible

I'd disagree with that. Vickie came across as a stupid child while she was accusing Cena, "oh but you got in the same elevator", "Do friends have dinner together?" YES VICKIE! Yes they bloody do, it's a pretty normal human interaction. For all the failing of TNA's version of this story they at least had photos of AJ going into a hotel room with Dixie, they had an ambiguous phone call recording and ultimately nudey pics of a comatose and date raped AJ in bed. WWE have this crazy older woman, acting very out of character, telling tales on other people. It's as if they've employed 9 year olds and asked them to write about a sex scandal.

On a side note, I kinda miss Claire Lynch and her awful acting, she made the rest of the Impact roster look oscar worthy!

thedag
11-02-2012, 01:25 PM
this storyline been done like m6 times before TNA did it.

Playboy Stevie V
11-02-2012, 01:34 PM
I heard it. I laughed, because it was funny and because TNA thinks they invented the sex scandal storyline I guess. They should really watch more wrestling. This type of storyline has been done over and over again......in the WWE.

But whatever.

Sicksnuff17
11-02-2012, 01:44 PM
I'd disagree with that. Vickie came across as a stupid child while she was accusing Cena, "oh but you got in the same elevator", "Do friends have dinner together?" YES VICKIE! Yes they bloody do, it's a pretty normal human interaction. For all the failing of TNA's version of this story they at least had photos of AJ going into a hotel room with Dixie, they had an ambiguous phone call recording and ultimately nudey pics of a comatose and date raped AJ in bed. WWE have this crazy older woman, acting very out of character, telling tales on other people. It's as if they've employed 9 year olds and asked them to write about a sex scandal.

On a side note, I kinda miss Claire Lynch and her awful acting, she made the rest of the Impact roster look oscar worthy!

Oh the date rape, I forgot that's a valid point, it's still early in this cena/aj lee storyline we can only see where it goes but I don't really care either

Robstar
11-02-2012, 02:16 PM
What I find most hilarious is people arguing who did a shit storyline better. Who cares? Angles like this should have everyone involved hanging their heads in shame. And for the record Nexus & Eights, I never said anywhere that I didn't believe WWE never liberally lent from this storyline, I simply stated that when WWE does it, people actually watch it.

I seem to recall a myriad of threads in this section, ripping the shit out of the Claire Lynch angle, yet no sooner has WWE started something similar, certain members can't wait to try polish that turd up. Dixie is a horrible actress, worse even than AJ Lee, who everyone knows I think is terrible too. I cringe anytime they get women involved in larger storylines. It's a joke when WWE do it, it's a joke when TNA do it but if it's a useful tool to help some fans battle the 'small mans syndrome' attitude that being a TNA fan seems to inspire, you go for it!

lol :rolleyes:

MachoManFan
11-02-2012, 02:22 PM
Oh the date rape, I forgot that's a valid point, it's still early in this cena/aj lee storyline we can only see where it goes but I don't really care either

Quoted and bolded for capturing the zeitgeist. Bad storyline gets repeated badly. AJ's shout out was the highlight of an otherwise dull promo though.

Darkside Ron Garvin
11-02-2012, 02:38 PM
I seem to recall a myriad of threads in this section, ripping the shit out of the Claire Lynch angle, yet no sooner has WWE started something similar, certain members can't wait to try polish that turd up. Dixie is a horrible actress, worse even than AJ Lee, who everyone knows I think is terrible too. I cringe anytime they get women involved in larger storylines. It's a joke when WWE do it, it's a joke when TNA do it but if it's a useful tool to help some fans battle the 'small mans syndrome' attitude that being a TNA fan seems to inspire, you go for it!

And this is why you are my friend Robbie!!!

Heels tell the truth :rolleyes:

AlexWorldOrder
11-02-2012, 03:08 PM
I actually liked the Claire Lynch angle. If anyone sat there taking the angle with any seriousness, then it must be real to you dammit!
"Lynch" was a horrible actress; which made it annoying, but Kaz and Daniels just made it priceless TV. The baby shower segment was one of the funniest things I've seen in wrestling in years. When I see the AJ Lee/Cena affair thing, all I can think of is..."So what life lesson will John Cena be teaching the kiddies?". I can almost guarantee that this storyline would be funny and properly executed if Cena wasn't involved. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not a Cena hater.. I just happen to be smart enough to realize that ANYTHING Cena is involved with, will end in some pathetic, super hero, teeny way to keep the kiddies happy.

Nexus n' Eights
11-03-2012, 10:32 AM
this storyline been done like m6 times before TNA did it.

Yes,but don't do it 2 months after your rival did it.Its like getting married 2 months after your wife passes away

Nexus n' Eights
11-03-2012, 10:34 AM
AJ Styles vs Christopher Daniels should have done an Ultimate X match.............but I guess we can wait for WWE to do one with John Cena and Vickie Guerrero