PDA

View Full Version : ...And still no Velvet. TNA lying?

OneTimePosterShorry
11-01-2012, 08:58 PM
This is a response from yesterday's post. I am really beginning to wonder if she really signed a new deal or not. This is really not making any sense because if she were to return, why would she leave in the first place? Wouldn't she just say she's taking a break?

I just checked her Twitter page & she is still accepting Indy bookings. I also just seen some info on a couple of her upcoming events & she is still listed as a "former TNA talent". If she were under contract with TNA, wouldn't TNA be the place to contact if they wanted her to appear at their show? A little curious...

If she is under contract, they practically own her. They'd assign her to return to the Impact Zone & appear on TV, & they would be the one's regulating her Indy appearances, and I was informed there was a limit to how many for a period of time. Sky for the past month or two has been going to event after event after event with Angel in the NY area each weekend. Why would TNA allow her to appear so very often in that case?

It's been nearly a month ago that some news report said she's going to return to TNA, & that was days later when an earlier report said she was "100% done" with TNA. However, if she has signed a new deal, wouldn't they announce it publicly? Wouldn't Dixie or somebody say on Twitter or she would be mentioned again on Impact or something? If she means that much to their little show I doubt they would keep it a surprise.

I highly doubt it's a work like Matt Morgan or Devon. Morgan and Devon weren't going to Indy events, Sky still is. Morgan and Devon publicly teased WWE returns, Sky hasn't. Both of them made surprise returns at BFG. Sky was at NYCC that day & they would have made her cancel that appearance knowing they wanted her to appear in Phoenix, if she really has sold her soul over to TNA again.

It's no surprise how much TNA has wanted her back & Dixie had been going head over heels to offer her whatever it would take be return, which leads me to believe her release was indeed legitimate. They never removed her bio afterall (they did for a short time but put it back up), but Sky was the one who said she asked for her release & is going on an Indy-spree with her OWN agent/booker. There are a number of reasons why TNA could possibly be lying about signing her and putting her content back up on their website. Impact's ratings have gone south as of late due to the NFL season & they may want an excuse for fans to keep tuning in & ordering their PPVs to keep looking for her. It could also be in defense of the earlier report that she was completely finished with TNA, so fans do not flood Dixie's Twitter inbox with negative feedback. It can also be to try to prevent WWE to not take a look at her when that opportunity arises. This does sound like something that TNA would do & it really seems to pain them to be losing her, but I don't get why.

Sky will not reveal anything what's next for her after the "reunion tour" with Angel (When is it over afterall?), so TNA has a strong advantage over that & can do whatever & she won't react regardless. Even if she is done with TNA for good, she won't publicly acknowledge it, because that would mean she's setting her sights on the evil empire, as that's the only step up from TNA in the Americas. She's not like Angel where she has a few other mini-careers with much broader speculation.

She's designed some shirts to sell to fans at her events that she attends, which begs the question of what's the point of doing so if she's returning to TNA who can make shirts for her? Earlier I thought that her "clothing line" was some pitch to WWE so she can increase her chances of getting signed if many fans buy her merchandise, the "Ryder Effect" so to speak. That or distance herself from being a TNA girl & more into an Indy girl to workaround the lawsuit. Afterall, she's 31, has mediocre abilities, & may not get in as easy as Angel can, but WWE has been a dream of hers & has her fanbase to help her with that.

If you ask me I really hope she does not go back to TNA. It would frustrate us to no end. It's for her & TNA's own good that she does not, unless she has nowhere else to go in her career. Why can't they just book the other women they don't use? Why do they "need" her so badly if they don't seem to need Madison or Rosita? What's left for her to prove there? What is she capable of doing there with Pritchard in charge? Either way, somebody is a rotten liar & it's her or Dixie. I've been asking women on Twitter which should I lose my respect for.

Watch now every time I write a wall of text explaining something, something else different happens very soon.

Automatic
11-01-2012, 09:01 PM
She isn't under contract, they are still in negotiations.
That was the last thing I read several weeks ago, especially if she is still taking bookings.

DK Wrestling Savior
11-01-2012, 09:51 PM
This is a response from yesterday's post. I am really beginning to wonder if she really signed a new deal or not. This is really not making any sense because if she were to return, why would she leave in the first place? Wouldn't she just say she's taking a break?

I just checked her Twitter page & she is still accepting Indy bookings. I also just seen some info on a couple of her upcoming events & she is still listed as a "former TNA talent". If she were under contract with TNA, wouldn't TNA be the place to contact if they wanted her to appear at their show? A little curious...

If she is under contract, they practically own her. They'd assign her to return to the Impact Zone & appear on TV, & they would be the one's regulating her Indy appearances, and I was informed there was a limit to how many for a period of time. Sky for the past month or two has been going to event after event after event with Angel in the NY area each weekend. Why would TNA allow her to appear so very often in that case?

It's been nearly a month ago that some news report said she's going to return to TNA, & that was days later when an earlier report said she was "100% done" with TNA. However, if she has signed a new deal, wouldn't they announce it publicly? Wouldn't Dixie or somebody say on Twitter or she would be mentioned again on Impact or something? If she means that much to their little show I doubt they would keep it a surprise.

I highly doubt it's a work like Matt Morgan or Devon. Morgan and Devon weren't going to Indy events, Sky still is. Morgan and Devon publicly teased WWE returns, Sky hasn't. Both of them made surprise returns at BFG. Sky was at NYCC that day & they would have made her cancel that appearance knowing they wanted her to appear in Phoenix, if she really has sold her soul over to TNA again.

It's no surprise how much TNA has wanted her back & Dixie had been going head over heels to offer her whatever it would take be return, which leads me to believe her release was indeed legitimate. They never removed her bio afterall (they did for a short time but put it back up), but Sky was the one who said she asked for her release & is going on an Indy-spree with her OWN agent/booker. There are a number of reasons why TNA could possibly be lying about signing her and putting her content back up on their website. Impact's ratings have gone south as of late due to the NFL season & they may want an excuse for fans to keep tuning in & ordering their PPVs to keep looking for her. It could also be in defense of the earlier report that she was completely finished with TNA, so fans do not flood Dixie's Twitter inbox with negative feedback. It can also be to try to prevent WWE to not take a look at her when that opportunity arises. This does sound like something that TNA would do & it really seems to pain them to be losing her, but I don't get why.

Sky will not reveal anything what's next for her after the "reunion tour" with Angel (When is it over afterall?), so TNA has a strong advantage over that & can do whatever & she won't react regardless. Even if she is done with TNA for good, she won't publicly acknowledge it, because that would mean she's setting her sights on the evil empire, as that's the only step up from TNA in the Americas. She's not like Angel where she has a few other mini-careers with much broader speculation.

She's designed some shirts to sell to fans at her events that she attends, which begs the question of what's the point of doing so if she's returning to TNA who can make shirts for her? Earlier I thought that her "clothing line" was some pitch to WWE so she can increase her chances of getting signed if many fans buy her merchandise, the "Ryder Effect" so to speak. That or distance herself from being a TNA girl & more into an Indy girl to workaround the lawsuit. Afterall, she's 31, has mediocre abilities, & may not get in as easy as Angel can, but WWE has been a dream of hers & has her fanbase to help her with that.

If you ask me I really hope she does not go back to TNA. It would frustrate us to no end. It's for her & TNA's own good that she does not, unless she has nowhere else to go in her career. Why can't they just book the other women they don't use? Why do they "need" her so badly if they don't seem to need Madison or Rosita? What's left for her to prove there? What is she capable of doing there with Pritchard in charge? Either way, somebody is a rotten liar & it's her or Dixie. I've been asking women on Twitter which should I lose my respect for.

Watch now every time I write a wall of text explaining something, something else different happens very soon.

You really seem to "know" a lot of what's going on. So, let me ask you a few things. Why would it be for her own good not to go back to TNA? And when you say it would frustrate "us", who else are you speaking for? And what does Bruce Pritchard being in charge have to do with anything?

I'll let you in on something. It's much much easier to just chill back, wait and see. Don't believe any more than like 5% of what you read online, as the news is every bit as fake as the wrestling itself.

AlexWorldOrder
11-02-2012, 12:38 AM
TNA lying? I honestly do not recall TNA ever claiming that she is returning; unless I missed it?!

Lowki
11-02-2012, 07:13 AM

Usually when they aren't ready to debut someone they sign, they tell them to act as normal as possible. There's been stories in the past where someone has signed for WWE/TNA, and even though they claim to still be taking bookings, it is well known to promoters that they won't be available (usually during negotiations with agents they are told it's a front, or something along those lines). They probably just want to keep things quiet until it's 100% signed, it's a normal procedure - i mean jericho signed before his promos started last year, but he denied it constantly, even though everyone already knew.

Darkside Ron Garvin
11-02-2012, 08:07 AM

Usually when they aren't ready to debut someone they sign, they tell them to act as normal as possible. There's been stories in the past where someone has signed for WWE/TNA, and even though they claim to still be taking bookings, it is well known to promoters that they won't be available (usually during negotiations with agents they are told it's a front, or something along those lines). They probably just want to keep things quiet until it's 100% signed, it's a normal procedure - i mean jericho signed before his promos started last year, but he denied it constantly, even though everyone already knew.

Didn't the same thing happen recently with PAC before he completed negotiations; telling fans to "Not believe everything they read online" only to announce like a week later or so?

Cabers
11-02-2012, 10:10 AM
Yeah they are in talks but nothing has been confirmed yet.

11-02-2012, 10:28 AM
they cant use the Knockouts they have now so what's the point in re-hiring old ones??

Xpacfan
11-02-2012, 10:33 AM
Um...how about "still no KO division"? Seriously, to say that the women are being underutilized as of late would be an understatement. ODB fighting Tara's boy toy, Jesse? Really, TNA? The KO tag titles still hasn't been defended since earlier this year. I'm disappointed, TNA!

I'm starting to believe the Prichard rumors...

Lowki
11-02-2012, 11:14 AM
Didn't the same thing happen recently with PAC before he completed negotiations; telling fans to "Not believe everything they read online" only to announce like a week later or so?
Yeah it's an old trick, people just don't want to jeopardize anything and that's okay. Once you've signed you can do what you want, but they usually tell you to be discreet until they announce it.

Darkside Ron Garvin
11-02-2012, 12:04 PM
Yeah it's an old trick, people just don't want to jeopardize anything and that's okay. Once you've signed you can do what you want, but they usually tell you to be discreet until they announce it.

Oh I know it is a common trick (found out about it when the Outsiders came over from WWF and would sit in the back away from even the boys in the locker room because it was supposed to be that big of a secret). I was just giving a recent example to use for your point.

OneTimePosterShorry
11-02-2012, 04:15 PM
She isn't under contract, they are still in negotiations.
That was the last thing I read several weeks ago, especially if she is still taking bookings.

& that's the last thing we've heard about her that involved TNA. Certainly we would have been informed about any progress or some timetable for her return in that time span. It doesn't seem certain what's going to happen next until she can't be with Angel anymore...

inkfan84
11-03-2012, 12:28 AM
Maybe the contract has been finalized, but maybe TNA is ALLOWING her to finish any and all bookings she has already made commitments too? Just a thought.

OneTimePosterShorry
11-04-2012, 02:16 AM
Or maybe someone at one of these dirt sheets decided to have some fun & recycle an article from August, & then somebody who's running TNA's website took its word for it. :rolleyes: Ah the internet.

OneTimePosterShorry
11-04-2012, 10:45 AM
Maybe the contract has been finalized, but maybe TNA is ALLOWING her to finish any and all bookings she has already made commitments too? Just a thought.

Nice point, but...

She is still taking bookings as you can see on her Twitter bio & has been getting added to events even after what had been reported the week before BFG, like with Maryland Championship Wrestling, TBP were a last minute inclusion to their Oct 27 event. She or her agent would give some notice that she is no longer accepting bookings for the time being if that were the case.

There are some articles on some of the sites that show her & Angel thanking Russo & saying that "TBP" are "as strong as ever". So it seems like there is no definite end to their run in the Indies until the opportunity comes for Love &/or Sky, whatever that may be.

Angel on Twitter said she's excited for her future & claims to be going in the "right direction" ever since she asked for her release. She is still competing at Indy events, nobody has heard about her auditioning for any roles or working on any more movie projects since her release, & in early August she told WrestlingINC "I have NO kinky plans or anything of that ridiculous nature" after being spotted at an adult con, so what would make a 31-year-old tattooed wrestler/actress say that? WWE seems to make the most sense for what has been provided to us, & this "reunion tour" could be the last time the 2 can get to be together before Angel sets off to battle Hoeskis & crazy chicks. Because of the lawsuit, we don't know how long it would take but she seems like she's guaranteed that shot.

But for what it worth, Sky has left TNA & I think she would have done the right, ethical thing & say she was taking a break from TNA to be around Angel or come out and tell the truth about her status. It doesn't make sense to _quit_ TNA just for that reason, so it might not be the only reason. But for now she's still a "former Knockout" until there's some official announcement or she actually appears on TNA programming again. We still have that other report to consider that said she was "100% done" with the company.

OneTimePosterShorry
11-19-2012, 02:10 PM
I heard TNA is posting Christmas photoshoots for the KOs. If she isn't in one of these than it's safe to say she definitely isn't coming back.

tigermask
11-21-2012, 06:48 PM
I miss her bum, I know its sexist and degrading but it was a great entrance with a lovely bum.
Oh well Naomi and Cameron's ass-to-ass entry will do for now:)

Rockstar83
11-22-2012, 12:42 PM
Forget Velvet I want to see Angelina Love and Bonnie Maxon on my Wrestling TV Show!

OneTimePosterShorry
11-22-2012, 03:08 PM
I miss her bum, I know its sexist and degrading but it was a great entrance with a lovely bum.
Oh well Naomi and Cameron's ass-to-ass entry will do for now:)

Both entrances bore me. Rosa's paprika shaking's where it's at.

OneTimePosterShorry
11-30-2012, 04:33 PM
Nope, still unconvinced.

Automatic
11-30-2012, 04:41 PM
& that's the last thing we've heard about her that involved TNA. Certainly we would have been informed about any progress or some timetable for her return in that time span. It doesn't seem certain what's going to happen next until she can't be with Angel anymore...

Read she will likely return early 2013.

OneTimePosterShorry
11-30-2012, 06:58 PM
Read she will likely return early 2013.

Me too. Still not convinced like I said though. I thought Dixie wanted her back right away because she meant so much to the company. Why would they wait in that case? It did state she "signed" a deal, yet she's still taking bookings through her own agent at an unlimited amount of appearances. If you sign a contract, you are obligated to appear for them. I'm certain they would have made her appear at BFG & still do photoshoots, if she's such "high demand" to their product. Plus, how could she be "quietly signed" if a source from TNA was willing to give them this information? This doesn't make much sense.

Not to mention, that was what the news line said they thought. "We think she will be back by early 2013, but we don't know for sure". Why would they have her under contract for such a long time and not be sure? It's still up in the air that it could be a subjective reporter or that TNA is too adamant in losing her. Just use the women you don't book, maybe they can market Rosita just as good if they dolled her up the same way Velvet is.

Rockstar83
11-30-2012, 07:34 PM
Velvet Sky is coming in 2013 to TNA