PDA

View Full Version : AJ Styles. The Greatest Wrestler in TNA History?

AWrestlingGod
10-30-2012, 06:51 PM
AJ Styles will always be one of my favorite wrestlers. He has been part of some of the greatest matches in TNA history, and some would say of all time. His classics with Kurt Angle, his classic moments in the Ultimate X match, and matches with X-Division stars like Samoa Joe, and Christopher Daniels. He is also the first TNA Triple Crown winner, and one of only 3 Grand Slam Champions in TNA. I feel AJ Styles is a future TNA Hall of Famer (in my opinion should have been the first) and I feel he deserves one last run as TNA World Champion, and should be next years TNA Bound for Glory Series. I wanted to share some of AJ Styles greatest matches/moments and wanted your guys opinions on the phenomenal one and if you guys feel he should be World Champion again, and when he should be inducted into the hall of fame.

Classic Cage match with Abyss

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1QCgwpIqKc

AJ Styles Vs Kurt Angle which went over 30 mins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wseirQsFf68

AJ Styles most recent World Title Win

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wseirQsFf68

AJ Styles Vs Daniels Vs Samoa Joe 3 way classic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgltXfVJlC4

Steve Austin
10-30-2012, 07:18 PM
I don't watch TNA anymore but I used to watch it now and again back in the day and he never had a match I didn't enjoy. Would of liked to of seen him come to WWE but it sort of makes his legacy. Definitely TNA's best ever.

THE HEARTBREAK KID
10-30-2012, 07:22 PM
He's one of the few reason's I watch TNA now and then.. awesome wrestler and has put on some great matches, I would also agree he was TNA's best wrestler in there history.

I'm with Steve and would have loved to have seen him in the WWE, can't help but feel he would be wasted though so makes sense for him to stay in TNA and continue his legacy.

AWrestlingGod
10-30-2012, 07:26 PM
He's one of the few reason's I watch TNA now and then.. awesome wrestler and has put on some great matches, I would also agree he was TNA's best wrestler in there history.

I'm with Steve and would have loved to have seen him in the WWE, can't help but feel he would be wasted though so makes sense for him to stay in TNA and continue his legacy.

He almost went to WWE, he had a few tryout matches back when the WWE was WWF with The Hurricane and Rico. He could have done wonders if the X-Division. Imagine AJ Styles Vs Chris Jericho or Rey Mysterio.

Robstar
10-30-2012, 07:30 PM
He almost went to WWE, he had a few tryout matches back when the WWE was WWF with The Hurricane and Rico. He could have done wonders if the X-Division. Imagine AJ Styles Vs Chris Jericho or Rey Mysterio.

AJ could have worked in WWE with a manager to talk for him. He's on a Randy Orton level when it comes to mic work. He's certainly the stand out TNA original. He would likely have been wasted in WWE but who knows?

AWrestlingGod
10-30-2012, 07:33 PM
AJ could have worked in WWE with a manager to talk for him. He's on a Randy Orton level when it comes to mic work. He's certainly the stand out TNA original. He would likely have been wasted in WWE but who knows?

I could have seen him as a former intercontinental and cruiser-weight champion, but it all depends on the crowd reaction. If given the same entrance he has in TNA he could have sold merchandise but for all we know his gimmick could have been completely different.

Marx
10-30-2012, 08:14 PM
AJ is the greatest TNA wrestler.. or Kurt (Angle) is. One of those two guys. They did it all, had great matches with almost anyone they've worked with, won the gold there is to win, never became irrelevant.

AJ is a bit sidetracked at the moment, for the last year - since Hogan came in actually - but still stays relevent due to match performance.

Rick BoA
10-30-2012, 10:38 PM
Angle is the best wrestler in either TNA or WWE, and until he retires it will remain that way.
Many TNA guys are better than AJ.

Sahu
10-31-2012, 01:09 AM
I still remember..when TNA came in..my first impression was like a D-grade wrestling show where Jarett beats all washed out guys...

but one day, I saw a new face...that is AJ n announcers are hyping him a lot..so I just waited n watched him..n I should say...I became an instant fan of AJ...that match was AJ vs Daniels n till now they r my most favorite wrestlers on TNA with Joe as close 3rd followed by Storm n Roode....

AJ is definitely THE BEST according to me in TNA (if we leave Kurt..he's the Best in the world)...I seriously hoped TNA to introduce Hall of Fame when Aj retires n inducts him as the first person...alas!! that will never happen now...

That cage match with Abyss is a real great match is highly under rated..it defined what AJ can do in a ring with bigger guys...

PSOjedi
10-31-2012, 02:51 AM
I don't know if AJ would need a manager to do the talking in WWE, perhaps you're right, but for me AJ Styles has better mic skills than Randy Orton.

Mr. Ziggles
10-31-2012, 05:46 AM
I know he hasnt been in TNA as long as Sty;es but to me AA is the best wrestler ever in TNA, but is yet to be elevated to a Styles level.

redbower
10-31-2012, 07:02 AM
AJ could have worked in WWE with a manager to talk for him. He's on a Randy Orton level when it comes to mic work. He's certainly the stand out TNA original. He would likely have been wasted in WWE but who knows?I think AJ is great. His stuff with Christian a few years back was epic and made me a fan. But, he would have never made it in the WWE. A small guy, regardless of wrestling ability, who is not a stand out on the mic would have never gotten over. (See Tyson Kidd). He does not pass the eyeball test or initial reaction test like Orton. He would have been discarded well before he could've cemented his legacy as he has been able to do in TNA.

alcrissam
10-31-2012, 09:44 AM
He is almost branded to TNA. In other words, when I think of TNA, I think of styles, angle, and sting (In no particular order.

Another thing about him though. His ability to create 5 star matches out of nowhere is unbelievable. When I watch iMPACT and I see Aj styles make an entrance, I know for a fact that the match up next is going to blow my mind.

Would he fit in the WWE: no! No! No! Because I doubt Vince McMahon would let him keep his character, and WWE's safe style of wrestling (limiting people's move sets) would see a restricted Aj styles wrestling with an unentertaining gimmick. Plus, there is no x division/cruiserweight division in the WWE currently, and some of aj's best moments come from versing the x division.

alcrissam
10-31-2012, 09:53 AM
The difference between Orton and styles is that Orton takes 30 minutes to get out what he has to say. Now I won't necessarily say that aj's accent helps him, but it definately degrades his promo style to a guy who doesn't have the same accent (ex: I'm from New York, so I think he speaks weird. The same can be said for people who have his accent, they think I speak weird) other than the accent, Aj definately gets his point across every time clearly and efficiently. So I would have to disagree about the comparision.

Sahu
10-31-2012, 10:05 AM
I don't know if AJ would need a manager to do the talking in WWE, perhaps you're right, but for me AJ Styles has better mic skills than Randy Orton.

Yes, AJ is better than Orton on mic n even in the ring...Orton's advantage is his size.....

The Phantom Menace
10-31-2012, 10:06 AM
There is a reason why he's referred to as the "Phenominal One"! Without A.J. TNA would've closed down years ago. I became an instant fan after watching the first Iron Man match with Christopher Daniels. A huge fan of both men's wrestling talnets!For me there are only a handful of dream matches in American wrestling. #1A.J. vs Shelton Benjamin #2 A.J. vs Davey Richards #3 A.J. vs Austin Aries #4 A.J. vs C.M.Punk....Some of the best pure wrestlers in(their prime) the business today.

Tommy Thunder
10-31-2012, 10:13 AM
If we're talking TNA originals, then yeah, AJ's up there. I'd hazard saying that I prefer watching Samoa Joe though.

However, Kurt Angle is hands down the best wrestler TNA has ever had. No question about that.

Nexus n' Eights
10-31-2012, 10:15 AM
He's so good,this past Monday,WWE stole 1 of his storylines

Nexus n' Eights
10-31-2012, 10:16 AM
I wonder how much Orton going to TNA was the reason WWE didn't fire him this year

Steve Austin
10-31-2012, 10:17 AM
Fan boys... :rolleyes:

Almost all the stories used have happened somewhere else before.

Sahu
10-31-2012, 10:18 AM
He's so good,this past Monday,WWE stole 1 of his storylines

lols...yeah true...but at least Claire Lynch rivalry gave us some fantastic matches b/n the ppl involved....AJ/Daniels/Kaz/Angle...but I can't expect the same in the WWE version..:D

Nexus n' Eights
10-31-2012, 10:19 AM
Fan boys... :rolleyes:

Almost all the stories used have happened somewhere else before.

Ya but come on,not 3 months after another company did it,wait a while,plus WWE's creative team is bigger in size than TNA's,surely someone could have come up with something fresh.Raw is the flagship programme of wrestling,they should be the innovators not the imitators

Nexus n' Eights
10-31-2012, 10:21 AM
lols...yeah true...but at least Claire Lynch rivalry gave us some fantastic matches b/n the ppl involved....AJ/Daniels/Kaz/Angle...but I can't expect the same in the WWE version..:D

woah woah woah............are u saying Cena can't wrestle like AJ Styles and Chrsitopher Daniels?? haha,lol

Sahu
10-31-2012, 10:22 AM
woah woah woah............are u saying Cena can't wrestle like AJ Styles and Chrsitopher Daniels?? haha,lol

Any Doubts??:D

Nexus n' Eights
10-31-2012, 10:25 AM
Any Doubts??:D

No not at all........imagining Cena in an Ultimate X match.......

Nexus n' Eights
10-31-2012, 10:27 AM
but wwe fan boys see nothing wrong with them copying that storyline a mere 2 months after TNA did it

Wade Barrett 1979
10-31-2012, 11:44 AM
The last couple of pages in this thread are precisely the reason why I struggle to get new fans to try TNA as a good alternative because of the persecuted mentality of those who spend more time caning WWE rather than trying to promote TNA. Do you realise how hard it is trying to get new fans when they despise the existing fans so much?

I've been trying to get this point across here for over a year now and it's worse now than ever.

Darkside Ron Garvin
10-31-2012, 11:48 AM
but wwe fan boys see nothing wrong with them copying that storyline a mere 2 months after TNA did it

Everyone knows me as the defender of all things TNA, but this is a wrong statement. It is an angle based around an "affair" yes. But In order for this to be similar, Cena would have to be accused on sleeping with Linda or Steph to be on the same level. Plus, AJ is a proven talent whereas Claire was just some random actress. If you are saying they are both running "affair" storylines, then you are correct. But the story lines differ as Styles was accused of sleeping with the OWNER of the company, where as Cena is accused of dating what was the "active GM" at the time. Very different stories.

Darkside Ron Garvin
10-31-2012, 11:49 AM
The last couple of pages in this thread are precisely the reason why I struggle to get new fans to try TNA as a good alternative because of the persecuted mentality of those who spend more time caning WWE rather than trying to promote TNA. Do you realise how hard it is trying to get new fans when they despise the existing fans so much?

I've been trying to get this point across here for over a year now and it's worse now than ever.

^^100% this^^

Nexus n' Eights
10-31-2012, 11:50 AM

hahaha,alas

Wade Barrett 1979
10-31-2012, 11:53 AM
^^100% this^^

I'm convinced sometimes that some of these so called TNA 'fans' are in actual fact WWE 'super fans' who are trying to do a disservice to TNA by going on public forums, pretending to be TNA fans but being total douche bags about it to put people off TNA. :rolleyes:

Darkside Ron Garvin
10-31-2012, 12:02 PM
I'm convinced sometimes that some of these so called TNA 'fans' are in actual fact WWE 'super fans' who are trying to do a disservice to TNA by going on public forums, pretending to be TNA fans but being total douche bags about it to put people off TNA. :rolleyes:

I doubt the conspiracy goes that deep, but I do think that "fans" of TNA tend to take the whole "WCW vs. WWF" stand from back in 97-2001. It's not a "my company is better than your company" type thing in which you should fight tooth and nail to justify just how great you feel your company is. If TNA fans would direct their WWE watching friends to TNA as a way to see great matches on a weekly basis, and give them NO HYPE as to the promos, people would end up a LOT happier when they tuned in on Thursdays (or at least my friends I converted are happy). Unfortunately, everyone (especially in the IWC) would rather argue about who is right rather than direct people to an alternative on how to get their sports entertainment fix if they are burnt out on WWE.

Wade Barrett 1979
10-31-2012, 12:11 PM
I doubt the conspiracy goes that deep, but I do think that "fans" of TNA tend to take the whole "WCW vs. WWF" stand from back in 97-2001. It's not a "my company is better than your company" type thing in which you should fight tooth and nail to justify just how great you feel your company is. If TNA fans would direct their WWE watching friends to TNA as a way to see great matches on a weekly basis, and give them NO HYPE as to the promos, people would end up a LOT happier when they tuned in on Thursdays (or at least my friends I converted are happy). Unfortunately, everyone (especially in the IWC) would rather argue about who is right rather than direct people to an alternative on how to get their sports entertainment fix if they are burnt out on WWE.

Yup definitely needs to be a re-direction of people's efforts to get across TNA as a brilliant alternative. Put TNA across and leave the 'others' to deal with their own messes they've created.

Tommy Thunder
10-31-2012, 12:14 PM
Ok BOOOOOOORING.
Enough bitching and let's get the thread back to what it's originally about.

As far as TNA originals go, then AJ Styles is definitely up there. I'd hazard saying that I prefer watching Samoa Joe in the ring though.

However, the best wrestler that TNA have ever had is hands down Kurt Angle. No question about that.

Darkside Ron Garvin
10-31-2012, 12:38 PM
Ok BOOOOOOORING.
Enough bitching and let's get the thread back to what it's originally about.

As far as TNA originals go, then AJ Styles is definitely up there. I'd hazard saying that I prefer watching Samoa Joe in the ring though.

However, the best wrestler that TNA have ever had is hands down Kurt Angle. No question about that.

Redirect a derailed thread by restating what you already said, Tommy :confused:

Tommy Thunder
10-31-2012, 12:40 PM
Redirect a derailed thread by restating what you already said, Tommy :confused:

Well observed sir!
Sharp eye you have!

Lowki
10-31-2012, 02:49 PM
Ya but come on,not 3 months after another company did it,wait a while,plus WWE's creative team is bigger in size than TNA's,surely someone could have come up with something fresh.Raw is the flagship programme of wrestling,they should be the innovators not the imitators
Aj Styles was blackmailed because he was "dating" Dixie. It then turned out he was looking after a random drug addict, which was twisted to him "knocking her up" even though he was "drugged". Vickie Guerrero is using footage to gain power by exposing a relationship between a GM and a Wrestler. How is this copying a storyline exactly? If you want to talk about copying ideas, you should really look a bit closer at Austin Aries character and it's similarities to Punk (especially his promo before BFG).

I know he hasnt been in TNA as long as Sty;es but to me AA is the best wrestler ever in TNA, but is yet to be elevated to a Styles level.
He was in TNA for a while (2005-2007) and was released (asked for it), so it's not like he's new to the roster. (He was actually pretty good back then too)

On topic: I will go for Angle everytime. That guy is a wrestling machine for a reason. He is not just a great wrestler, but can talk! He has shown from his time in both companies that he has the ability to play both an effective heel, face and even comedic relief type character. It would be a travesty if he never made the WWE hall of fame down the line.

second_city_sinner
10-31-2012, 03:15 PM
his in ring work is great but I agree with AJ being on ortons level promo wise his accent is his main problem and he never gets a pop or any reaction when he says anything.
Angle is the best guy they will ever have.
and fanboys moaning about the wwe stealing ideas what do you think Aries is doing and the aces & 8's stuff big stable beating up everybody WOW REVOLUTIONARY I HAVEN'T SEEN THAT BEFORE IN ANOTHER COMPANY

imswm
10-31-2012, 03:44 PM
I could have seen him as a former intercontinental and cruiser-weight champion, but it all depends on the crowd reaction. If given the same entrance he has in TNA he could have sold merchandise but for all we know his gimmick could have been completely different.

Eh, in all likelihood, they would not let him do all his stuff, and thus he wouldn't have been all that "phenomenal" there. Believe it or not, when Sin Cara (just to use one example) was still Mistico in Mexico, he was really astounding; whereas, today, the only quotes I see about him nearly all make mention of the verb "botch." He didn't suddenly get uncoordinated, but he has been forced to adapt to the WWE style and it doesn't match what he's best at.

Robstar
10-31-2012, 03:53 PM
The difference between Orton and styles is that Orton takes 30 minutes to get out what he has to say. Now I won't necessarily say that aj's accent helps him, but it definately degrades his promo style to a guy who doesn't have the same accent (ex: I'm from New York, so I think he speaks weird. The same can be said for people who have his accent, they think I speak weird) other than the accent, Aj definately gets his point across every time clearly and efficiently. So I would have to disagree about the comparision.

The reason I compare the two is because they don't sell well on the mic. Like, I'm not buying what they're saying, they're in no way convincing. You can easily tell that they're simply repeating what they've been told to say. I'm not an Orton fan though.
Maybe a better comparison would have been Jeff Hardy. He gives it a red hot go but at the end of the day, his down home accent betrays him. And I'm Australian! ;)

Robstar
10-31-2012, 03:55 PM

There's a big difference between WWE doing it and TNA doing it. When WWE do it, more than 10 people will care

K2Jelly
10-31-2012, 03:57 PM
So, uh, Nexus N' Eights, I see your little "crusade" of blurring the similarities between WWE/TNA storylines is going rather...smoothly.

second_city_sinner
10-31-2012, 04:02 PM
there's a big difference between wwe doing it and tna doing it. When wwe do it, more than 10 people will care

oooohhhh!! Snap!!

Darkside Ron Garvin
10-31-2012, 04:06 PM
oooohhhh!! Snap!!

I take it you're the hype man?? :confused:

http://www.celebtricity.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/1-907.jpg

YEAHHHHHH BBOOOOOOOOOOYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

Robstar
10-31-2012, 04:26 PM
So, uh, Nexus N' Eights, I see your little "crusade" of blurring the similarities between WWE/TNA storylines is going rather...smoothly.

Haha, so get this right?

*TNA changed back to a 4 sided ring - obviously copying WWE
*Both companies feature wrestling - but I haven't worked out who's copying who, just yet.
*Both companies have someone named AJ - TNA is clearly the victim here!
*Both companies have womens wrestling that nobody gives two hoots about
*Karen Jarrett was a spectacularly huge and failed rip off of Vickie Guerrero - WWE wins on that one.
*The Beautiful People vs LayCool - we all know that was a blatant rip off :rolleyes:. Now, if anyone could have stayed awake long enough to really care...
*Zack Ryder vs Robbie E - WWE got there first and did it better!
*Both companies hired reputable indy talent. WWE - Daniel Bryan Danielson/CM Punk/Kassius Ohno etc TNA - Austin Aries/Doug Williams/Nigel McGuinness - what's up with that??? :eek:lol
*The referee storyline - WWE clearly ripping off TNA by having a ref get involved in a match controversially!!! One was an example of using a guy who was already a developmental wrestler and using him in several storylines with the champion - the other, an example of a guy who's not a wrestler but wants to be and trying to shoehorn him onto the roster by having him involved in a storyline with TNA's 'creative consultant' (or whatever he is) - who also happens to be HIS FATHER!!! Man, it's like the spitting image of the other!!!
*Both companies have annoying announcers that rattle on endlessly and needlessly.
*Josh Matthews is nothing but WWE trying to copy Jeremy Borash!

We could be here all day....

Darkside Ron Garvin
10-31-2012, 04:37 PM
Haha, so get this right?

*Both companies feature wrestling - but I haven't worked out who's copying who, just yet.
*Karen Jarrett was a spectacularly huge and failed rip off of Vickie Guerrero - WWE wins on that one.
*The Beautiful People vs LayCool - we all know that was a blatant rip off :rolleyes:. Now, if anyone could have stayed awake long enough to really care...
*Both companies hired reputable indy talent. WWE - Daniel Bryan Danielson/CM Punk/Kassius Ohno etc TNA - Austin Aries/Doug Williams/Nigel McGuinness - what's up with that??? :eek:lol
*The referee storyline - WWE clearly ripping off TNA by having a ref get involved in a match controversially!!! One was an example of using a guy who was already a developmental wrestler and using him in several storylines with the champion - the other, an example of a guy who's not a wrestler but wants to be and trying to shoehorn him onto the roster by having him involved in a storyline with TNA's 'creative consultant' (or whatever he is) - who also happens to be HIS FATHER!!! Man, it's like the spitting image of the other!!!
*Both companies have annoying announcers that rattle on endlessly and needlessly.

I disagree with this point. Obviously someone gives a hoot about it or else we wouldn't have 257,938 blogs about "how to restore the womens/knockout/divas division" weekly

Cabers
10-31-2012, 05:29 PM
Definitely agree fantastic wrestler!!

True Sinister
10-31-2012, 06:36 PM
Aj is a great wrestler. He is like TNA's cena...but the fans don't hate him and he can wrestle better. He always gets pushed to the side.

I would not say that he is their best wrestler. I prefer aries, angle, dainels, and joe off the top if I had to name better wrestlers.

The Phantom Menace
10-31-2012, 07:55 PM
TNA bashing? Come on guys grow up! Wrestling is wrestling. WWE is one of the biggest companies on earth, Vince is'nt sweating TNA. WWE or TNA I watch both & at times totally discussed by both. I wish I could watch ROH just so I could once again have the power of choice. Back in the early 90's we had WWF, WCW & ECW to choose from. The same in the 80's we had WWF, NWA &AWA. After the millennium for a while all that was left was WWF/E, with that being said I'll continue to be a wrestling fan & watch as much wrestling as I can no matter what company it is.

Stihltygre
11-01-2012, 06:53 AM
ok topic, AJ Styles, Angle, Joe, Aries, Daniels, Devon and Bully Ray, all kind of sit in a top tier for me (Devon and Bully more for working their character and making the audience want what they want them to). I don't have a problem with AJ's accent i miss they days when people had accents on tv, but that's just me. we can all say yes Angle is the best "wrestler" in the world... that said I'd rather watch a styles match, or a Joe match ( ironically not a Styles VS joe Match) i think AJ Styles is possibly one of the most talented people this industry has ever seen, and if only we can get TNA to a size where the average wrestling fan would see him we could see some changes having to be made in other companies.

Nexus n' Eights
11-01-2012, 10:50 AM
Haha, so get this right?

No TNA's woman's division is relevant and they can actually wrestle.Karen Jarrett/Vickie guerrero makes no sense.

I've just relised this site is moderated by people who obviously are biased.Big sigh,oh Robster,where do it all go wrong?

Darkside Ron Garvin
11-01-2012, 11:09 AM
No TNA's woman's division is relevant and they can actually wrestle.Karen Jarrett/Vickie guerrero makes no sense.

I've just relised this site is moderated by people who obviously are biased.Big sigh,oh Robster,where do it all go wrong?

*Konnan voice* Yo, yo, yo... Lemme speak on dis!

Just because someone doesn't agree with your point of view does not make them "biased" towards something. I can say that I have had numerous conversations with Rob about wrestling (which is funny because he's the only Mod who talks about wrestling on a regular, imo) and he is FAR from biased towards anything in the wrestling world. If you'd have a conversation with him, you would understand this. Maybe you should take time to have a conversation with him about it, rather than making radical statements :confused:

Nexus n' Eights
11-01-2012, 11:13 AM
*Konnan voice* Yo, yo, yo... Lemme speak on dis!

Just because someone doesn't agree with your point of view does not make them "biased" towards something. I can say that I have had numerous conversations with Rob about wrestling (which is funny because he's the only Mod who talks about wrestling on a regular, imo) and he is FAR from biased towards anything in the wrestling world. If you'd have a conversation with him, you would understand this. Maybe you should take time to have a conversation with him about it, rather than making radical statements :confused:

relax,i was just joking,winding Robster Evanderlloyd Simpson-Daniel(if I may use hs full name) up.

In my Ron Simmons voice............................................. ................DAMN!

Lowki
11-01-2012, 11:22 AM
There's a big difference between WWE doing it and TNA doing it. When WWE do it, more than 10 people will care
Simply brilliant.

Lowki
11-01-2012, 11:23 AM
Haha, so get this right?

In regards to the referee bit, WWE did it first; Sylvan Grenier!

Robstar
11-01-2012, 04:12 PM

Simply having an opinion makes you biased straight up.....towards your opinion. :rolleyes: Clearly there is a 'Moderators Handbook' that I haven't received in the mail yet. And I'm sure it's written strictly by non-moderators. lol
If you think it's a moderators job to simply patrol a site and never participate in discussions, ergo having no opinions on such topics, then clearly I'm a mod gone rogue. Homie don't play that. ;) I'm still a fan! It's still real to me dammit!
And if you can't see what a huge pisstake my previous post was, you need to see a doctor and get your humorous removed from your whatnot - STAT!

Rockstar83
11-01-2012, 06:44 PM
AJ Styles is the reason I started watching TNA

TheGreatOne
11-10-2012, 07:31 PM
Greatest non WWE talent they've ever had yes. He certainly is at the top of the list.

TheDevilsAdvocate
11-10-2012, 08:16 PM
Greatest non WWE talent they've ever had yes. He certainly is at the top of the list.

I strongly agree. AJ Styles is at a point in his career where he is a massive house-hold name without the help of WWE. Sure he appeared on their programming once or twice, but even then he was simply jobbing out to somebody. This is where TNA has scored a gold mine, but I feel as though AJ isn't exactly where he should be. I figured he would have been feuding with Austin Aries for the World Heavyweight Championship by now(my thought before the whole Jeff Hardy thing).

Darkside Ron Garvin
11-11-2012, 09:17 AM
I strongly agree. AJ Styles is at a point in his career where he is a massive house-hold name without the help of WWE. Sure he appeared on their programming once or twice, but even then he was simply jobbing out to somebody. This is where TNA has scored a gold mine, but I feel as though AJ isn't exactly where he should be. I figured he would have been feuding with Austin Aries for the World Heavyweight Championship by now(my thought before the whole Jeff Hardy thing).

I honestly think this is why they turned Aries heel. They are setting up for BFG in 2013. What bigger match could they have other than giving Aries a run from Lockdown until BFG. After AJ loses tonight, he is out of the title picture until the BFG series. If you have the climax of a 10 month hiatus from the WHC picture, only to have it culminate with a dream match for "wrestling" fans, what better way to have it gain quite a bit of talk then to have it be between Styles and Aries for the belt? If this was the case, I would give Lagana the credit of being a genius writer (like I haven't given him the credit for TNA 2012 already :rolleyes:) and knowing how to tell detailed stories that can go for a full year.

HCollins-TNA1
01-27-2013, 07:41 PM
AJ Styles is and always will be TNA's go to guy.... He is TNA's 1st Grand Slam Champion holding the X, World Tag, World, and TV title.... He had done it all in TNA.... What more can I say!!!!

Peter Kaymakcian
01-27-2013, 09:47 PM
I think the best wrestler in TNA history is Samoa Joe. Joe has really never been given the opportunities that AJ Styles has received which is unfair to Joe. If Joe was given the opportunities that Styles had we would have a whole different perception of who is the greatest TNA Original.

Darkside Ron Garvin
01-28-2013, 12:58 AM
I think the best wrestler in TNA history is Samoa Joe. Joe has really never been given the opportunities that AJ Styles has received which is unfair to Joe. If Joe was given the opportunities that Styles had we would have a whole different perception of who is the greatest TNA Original.

TNA Original = AJ Styles since he was there from the first PPV...

Joe got some notoriety from Zero1 and ROH before joining TNA in 2005.

Joe might be a great wrestler, but he never would have, and never will be the greatest "TNA Original", no matter how many more 'opportunities' he was given in the course of his TNA career.