PDA

View Full Version : wwe 14: the selling point

bearkg88
10-28-2012, 12:16 PM
So we are just a few days from the release of wwe 13, and the big selling points of it are the biggest roster ever, revamped universe mode, and the biggest point, the attitude era mode. I got to think about wwe 14 when i read an article saying they were going to start work on it in the next few weeks. The thing though is, what will be the selling point? What is there that they could do to make fans go "that sounds awesome". After the shitty road to wrestlemania mode in wwe 12, they went a diff route with the attitude mode for wwe 13. Obviously they cant...or atleast shouldnt, re-hash that idea for wwe 14. I think bringing back the gm mode but combining it to make 1 mode in the game that pretty much allows you to do everything and anything would be amazing, but asides from that, i cant think of what they could do to out do this years big selling point. Everyone elses thoughts?

Automatic
10-28-2012, 12:20 PM
WWE'14: FEED ME MOAR.
At least at the way they are pushing him.

Shining Light
10-28-2012, 12:41 PM
I think that the main basis of WWE 14 will be decided on how well WWE 13 does. If it fails, then they'll need to revamp (yet again) the whole game, whilst if it does well then they could possibly take their foot off their pedal a bit and just work on making it even more realistic

Wade Barrett 1979
10-28-2012, 01:15 PM
IWC mode: Where grown ass men bitch and moan after every show and PPV and they get bonus points for saying the following:

1: Calling someone else a Mark
2: Saying sick of Cena being shoved down our throats
3: Saying Randy Orton is boring
4: Saying Punk stole the GTS from Kenta
5: Saying PG sux
6: Asking for the Attitude Era back
7: Blaming everything on Linda McMahon
8: Saying they will never watch again but still watch and comment on every episode
9: Saying WWE sux and they love TNA but never actually say anything about TNA just berate WWE every chance they get
10: Saying TNA will fold in a year
11: Saying Hulk and Bischoff are ruining TNA, overlooking the fact they are enjoying one of their best ever periods
12: Create a list of top 5 or 10 of something or other
13: Calling other people idiots or stupid or saying their top 5/10 sux because they don't agree or how have they left out such and such not realising it's a top 5/10 and not a list of everything in wrestling ever
14: Undertaker at Wrestlemania

:D

THE HEARTBREAK KID
10-28-2012, 01:35 PM
IWC mode: Where grown ass men bitch and moan after every show and PPV and they get bonus points for saying the following:

8: Saying they will never watch again but still watch and comment on every episode
9: Saying WWE sux and they love TNA but never actually say anything about TNA just berate WWE every chance they get
11: Saying Hulk and Bischoff are ruining TNA, overlooking the fact they are enjoying one of their best ever periods
13: Calling other people idiots or stupid or saying their top 5/10 sux because they don't agree or how have they left out such and such not realising it's a top 5/10 and not a list of everything in wrestling ever

LOL! well played man, well played. :D

magglis
10-28-2012, 01:39 PM

That's the best post EVER

TheDevilsAdvocate
10-28-2012, 01:42 PM
They need to stop releasing these games every year. I don't even get to enjoy them long enough.

I still play Raw 1, Raw 2, Shut your mouth and Here Comes the Pain.

magglis
10-28-2012, 01:44 PM
They need to stop releasing these games every year. I don't even get to enjoy them long enough.

My favorite wrestling game:)

Dameduse823
10-28-2012, 01:54 PM

If they rereleased this for ps3 and xbox with some updated graphics and a dlc roster it would be the greatest wrestling game ever

akbar
10-28-2012, 02:02 PM
A storymode where you can actually be a casual fan, and you basically go GTA and them motherfucka's. You can shoot wrestlers you don't like, steal ADR's cars, have sex, kill, or rape and kill the divas you don't like and then finally meeting the McMahon's where you would have the ultimate showdown in a game of wink murder.

Y2Jryder
10-28-2012, 02:12 PM

Well played:p

SESAfro
10-28-2012, 02:17 PM
Why do we have to try and predict everything wrestling related? *flips table*

Wade Barrett 1979
10-28-2012, 02:22 PM
Why do we have to try and predict everything wrestling related? *flips table*

That will get you bonus points in IWC Mode.

SESAfro
10-28-2012, 02:28 PM
That will get you bonus points in IWC Mode.

Quiet Wade! Are you suppose to be yelling at some kids stepping on your lawn?

Wade Barrett 1979
10-28-2012, 02:30 PM
Quiet Wade! Are you suppose to be yelling at some kids stepping on your lawn?

Don't have to since I put in the electrified fences, spotlights, gun towers and rabid dogs.

magglis
10-28-2012, 02:36 PM
Don't have to since I put in the electrified fences, spotlights, gun towers and rabid dogs.
Gran Torino 2:rolleyes:

Robstar
10-28-2012, 02:46 PM
That's the best post EVER

Try not to encourage him. :rolleyes:

They should have -
Bruno Sammartino mode - where the arenas are smoky, kayfabe is king and you can't lose the title.
David Sammartino mode - where the arenas are empty, the concession stand is king and you never win a title
AWA mode - where you're constantly losing great talent to other promotions
David Arquette mode - where you can use C list celebrities to try reviving you failing promotion
Teddy Long mode - every match a tag team match, playa

Seriously, the only place left to go is being in charge of different promotions. Choose from WCW, WWF, AWA etc and try poaching talent and managing a set budget and trying to "win" the ratings war

magglis
10-28-2012, 02:48 PM

They should have -
Bruno Sammartino mode - where the arenas are smoky, kayfabe is king and you can't lose the title.
David Sammartino mode - where the arenas are empty, the concession stand is king and you never win a title
David Arquette mode - where you can use C list celebrities to try reviving you failing promotion

Seriously, the only place left to go is being in charge of different promotions. Choose from WCW, WWF, AWA etc and try poaching talent and managing a set budget and trying to "win" the ratings war
But its the truth:D

SESAfro
10-28-2012, 02:50 PM

They should have -

They did the rating things on a smaller scale a few years ago with GM mode. Which I thoroughly enjoyed.

Bodom
10-28-2012, 02:55 PM
I would totally buy a WWE '14 if they add a David Arquette Mode.

Viperfish
10-28-2012, 03:24 PM
I'd be mortified if they added social media as the focus. You give it your Facebook and Twitter accounts and it just spams shit constantly.

KJ PUNK
12-14-2012, 03:01 PM
Why not have a "Monday Night Wars" mode like the Attitude mode? You get to play with WCW legends like the 4 horsemen, nWo, the cruiserweights, ECW "legends" and then add some more Attitude moments that didn't get featured in this years game.

Bodom
12-14-2012, 03:27 PM
I would totally buy a WWE '14 if they add a David Arquette Mode.

I would still totally buy WWE '14 if they throw in this feature.

vinnienfg
12-14-2012, 03:29 PM
Attitude Era mode was brilliant and I really enjoyed it. I guess they could go with Invasion mode next time, with the WWE vs. WCW and ECW rosters. Obviously It wouldn't be as big as this years Attitude mode and some of that roster is now with TNA but it could work.

I would like to see the NXT roster be added next time.

Asherdelampyr
12-14-2012, 06:08 PM
Invasion seems the next logical choice, something where you could book how it all went down would be EPIC!

Iron Ape
12-14-2012, 11:25 PM
I'd dig on a WWE: Generations title that involved developing and running one's own territory (and, in turn, altering a burgeoning industry). Something that involved completely rewriting history, and causing ripple effects that would carry through a decades-spanning campaign would be the sort of innovation and kick in the ass that the genre so desperately needs.

A complete overhaul of the wildly overrated "predator technology" would appeal to me in a massive way, too, as the gameplay on offer in the last two installments hasn't quite revolutionized the gameplay for me in any real meaningful ways.

vinnienfg
12-15-2012, 03:21 AM
I'd dig on a WWE: Generations title that involved developing and running one's own territory (and, in turn, altering a burgeoning industry). Something that involved completely rewriting history, and causing ripple effects that would carry through a decades-spanning campaign would be the sort of innovation and kick in the ass that the genre so desperately needs.

I really like that idea. If it is something they don't include in WWE '14 then I could see it being released as a separate game which could include a PC/Mac version aswell and be something similar to the Football Manager series. Also making it a separate game would be better for business.