PDA

View Full Version : Remember when Smackdown was watchable?????

2bluntsup
11-24-2010, 08:20 PM
146From the start of the program to the end..SMACKDOWN now is like pulling teeth with the same....everything!!!From the moment they did the brand split smackdown was something u didnt want to miss. Remember when Brock Lesnar, Undertaker, Kurt Angle, Chris Benoit,Eddie gurrero, and a DECENT cruiserweight divison, was all u needed on a thursday night (as far as wrestling goes). Hell to me B4 Cena left for raw, Smackdown was the better show for wrestling... Will Smackdown ever b more than a glorified sunday night Heat???

CMhuw24
11-24-2010, 08:20 PM
I stil enjoy SD.
I beleive it has more talent than Raw does at the moment.

Robstar
11-24-2010, 08:26 PM
Fair go - Smackdown is a glorified Nitro, if anything

TheDevilsAdvocate
11-24-2010, 08:29 PM
I completely agree with just about every thing you said. I am still in shock that SD! went from having Marilyn Manson as their theme to using Green day. It just seems so unfitting...

evilgenius780
11-24-2010, 08:46 PM
I think Smackdowns been great, a lot of good matches coming from the mid card. And I have always been a Kane mark

CMhuw24
11-24-2010, 09:02 PM
Actually since Kane has been WHC is been pretty entertaining.
Del Rio is coming along well.
Kofi seems to be getting better.
and rhodes is looking very good.

alexrules01
11-24-2010, 09:14 PM
and rhodes is looking very good.
You could say, he's been looking... Dashing!
But i dont know what your talking about, out of every wrestling show on TV (between WWE and TNA), Smackdown! is the only show that still seems like a wrestling entertainment show. It hasn't really changed, just the roster has. You still have either an awesome opening match or a promo from different people, not the same storyline. Then the show will go through, with matches and segments.
Instead of Brock, Kurt, Chris and Eddie you have Del Rio, Swagger, Ziggler and Kofi. Sure the latter names arn't nearly as big as the former, but they could be... and put on a great show! And instead of Undertaker... you have.. well The Undertaker!

Cena
11-24-2010, 09:22 PM
Cody need time to learn rope. Del Ripo is gaining trust. Kofi and Swagers are ok by me!

2bluntsup
11-24-2010, 09:24 PM
I stil enjoy SD.
I beleive it has more talent than Raw does at the moment.

But r they utilizing the talent??? Hell no!!! Kofi stuck at mid card. Jack Swagger has a weak Kurt Angle gimmick. Big show is just the Big JOBBER. Edge is the Rated PG SUPERDUD. MVP should b somewhere near the Main event. Lay cool takes up to much screen time with the poor Beautiful people gimmick. while they got Chris masters-who to me should b a huge heel loses to any and everybody.lol the good thing about smackdown is christian-who should feud wit edge when he returns. rey mysterio, cody rhodes, albert del rio, and there all mid card.

Bodom
11-24-2010, 09:33 PM
I completely agree with just about every thing you said. I am still in shock that SD! went from having Marilyn Manson as their theme to using Green day. It just seems so unfitting...

And thats the only thing wrong with Smackdown.

Smackdown may not be as good as it was a couple years ago, but its still better than that variety show called Raw.

TheDevilsAdvocate
11-24-2010, 09:41 PM
And thats the only thing wrong with Smackdown.

Smackdown may not be as good as it was a couple years ago, but its still better than that variety show called Raw.

It seems that everything went to crap after Eddie Guerrero passed away. Smackdown! had this special charm about it when Eddie was there in 05 (Or did he die in 04?). When I watched SD! I suddenly had a different mindset. As with Raw it also had its own feel. But lately they seem to be just running together that at times I feel the need to yell out, "WHY NOT END THE BRAND SPLIT ALREADY?!" xD <3

Bodom
11-24-2010, 09:49 PM
It seems that everything went to crap after Eddie Guerrero passed away. Smackdown! had this special charm about it when Eddie was there in 05 (Or did he die in 04?). When I watched SD! I suddenly had a different mindset. As with Raw it also had its own feel. But lately they seem to be just running together that at times I feel the need to yell out, "WHY NOT END THE BRAND SPLIT ALREADY?!" xD <3

True that a huge hole was left after Eddie passed, but Smackdown didn't go downhill.

Freaky Styley
11-24-2010, 10:37 PM
Smackdown has a great Midcard roster, that's the reason I still watch it.

SilverGhost
11-24-2010, 10:43 PM
Smackdown is still watchable in my opinion.

I mean....I saw the first Smackdown as a kid and never complained about its shows. Even now, I find SD way better than Raw.

SilverCena
11-24-2010, 10:49 PM
Smackdown is still watchable in my opinion.

I mean....I saw the first Smackdown as a kid and never complained about its shows. Even now, I find SD way better than Raw.

lol, Smackdown better than Raw. You got to be kidding! Raw is WWE's flagship show homie! So, basically you would trade last Monday's Raw for Smackdown? Nah! But ok Boiiiiiiiiii!

Bodom
11-24-2010, 10:53 PM
lol, Smackdown better than Raw. You got to be kidding! Raw is WWE's flagship show homie! So, basically you would trade last Monday's Raw for Smackdown? Nah! But ok Boiiiiiiiiii!

Being considered the flagship automatically means it better?

Yeah ok buddy.

IPOOPINTHEBATH
11-24-2010, 10:57 PM
Needs to go live.

SilverGhost
11-24-2010, 11:04 PM

Smackdown=better talent that you can CLEARLY see growth. Better action as well. Decent and tolerant commentators.

I would go to Smackdown then Raw.

Besides....Smackdown got a push since switching to Sci Fi. Smackdown is the flagship show in my opinion

But hey....I am not telling you what you don't already know. ;)

TheDevilsAdvocate
11-24-2010, 11:06 PM
Smackdown=better talent that you can CLEARLY see growth. Better action as well. Decent and tolerant commentators.

I would go to Smackdown then Raw.

Besides....Smackdown got a push since switching to Sci Fi. Smackdown is the flagship show in my opinion

But hey....I am not telling you what you don't already know. ;)

I like what you did at the end there. ;)

Dyno-Orphin
11-25-2010, 01:09 AM
Eddie... I know this may well be considered blasphemy but I honestly thought Eddie sucked. Not because he wasn't talented. He had tons of in-ring ability. It's just that his entire gimmick was that he was Hispanic. It was like he got off on reinforcing every imaginable negative Latino stereotype he could think of. That's it? Your whole gimmick is that you're Mexican? Lame! It was "pappi" this and "la raza" that and cheating and stealing etc. I mean he actually came to the ring in a sombrero and a pancho once, for feck's sake. The only way it could have been worse is if he started firing a revolver into the ceiling and then sat down outside the ring for siesta. Melina doesn't do that crap. Why did Eddie? I'm not even Hispanic but I was embarrassed FOR Hispanic people when he was on screen. I'm sure he was a great guy and a loving family man and a dedicated performer. But his in-ring persona was utter "cabbage". The only thing I've ever seen in WWE that was more irritating has been John Cena and his stupid Vanilla Ice "I can't figure out how to operate a belt" routine. ...just sayin'.

qwerty704
11-25-2010, 02:25 AM
i think the real problem is that smackdown is on a friday!!!
if was on thursday or even better a wednesday ratings would sky rocket

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
11-25-2010, 03:20 AM
Is Smackdown as good as it was during the entertainment era? No. But as I've said before, I don't think any show wrestling show was as good as Smackdown was back then, and that includes the Attitude Era. SD! still puts on good matches though, and it's interesting to see where the talent they have on the roster takes them.

maar13
11-25-2010, 12:15 PM
Eddie... I know this may well be considered blasphemy but I honestly thought Eddie sucked. Not because he wasn't talented. He had tons of in-ring ability. It's just that his entire gimmick was that he was Hispanic. It was like he got off on reinforcing every imaginable negative Latino stereotype he could think of. That's it? Your whole gimmick is that you're Mexican? Lame! It was "pappi" this and "la raza" that and cheating and stealing etc. I mean he actually came to the ring in a sombrero and a pancho once, for feck's sake. The only way it could have been worse is if he started firing a revolver into the ceiling and then sat down outside the ring for siesta. Melina doesn't do that crap. Why did Eddie? I'm not even Hispanic but I was embarrassed FOR Hispanic people when he was on screen. I'm sure he was a great guy and a loving family man and a dedicated performer. But his in-ring persona was utter "cabbage". The only thing I've ever seen in WWE that was more irritating has been John Cena and his stupid Vanilla Ice "I can't figure out how to operate a belt" routine. ...just sayin'.

Well not to rant on you (I am Hispanic by the way) just to counter your point a little.

Each has his own opinion on the gimmick he used but lets go with yours, that the gimmick sucked...Well, that was the great thing about Eddie, he was given crap and made it work. I mean you can say the only thing going for him was "I am Mexican" but he made that go so good in and out of the ring that it translated into "I am not just Mexican...but World Champion Material" and he became World Champion, he was so over that he was usd to put others over when they could not do it by themselves, like in his feud with Mysterio. I mean the thing is that you can have a crappy gimmick and made it work into the next level, Eddie did.

Also I still thing Smackdown is the best of both shows, being taped is and advantage but most of the time the really entertaining feuds are over Smackdown, even the Divas division of Smackdown has been better than Raw's for years, I know is not saying much but it has being better.

The show is very watchable and there no real thing that take too many segments, even the Champion is not over exposed (who ever he is, even Rey) and hasn't being in years, that is usually why RAW used to get almost every meaninful star from that show, now not s much but still on the wrestling side Smackdown is better that RAW hands down.

El_Phenomenal
11-25-2010, 01:38 PM
Before the Brand split amd a little after the split was really the best material that Smackdown has had. After Eddie passed it didn't really seem right, as it slowly started to go downhill then the WWE-ECW show when it first began was the better show IMO even if it was for an hour at least it had Angle, at times reminded me of the original. Oye Hijo!!!