PDA

View Full Version : CM Punk - Is There ANYTHING He Can't Do?

Robstar
11-24-2010, 06:02 PM
I freaking love CM Punk. Adding him to the announce team is nothing short of brilliant. Did you hear him rating the Divas? He said Melina was a 2 - about time someone told the truth about that horseface. ;) He is completely unbiased in his match calling - you can tell, for him it's not about selling his character but the character of others and for that, my hat is off to him.

I'm in no hurry to see Punk back in the ring - in fact, he should be given his own Pipers Pit style segment.

Bodom
11-24-2010, 06:05 PM
Punk announcing is the best addition ever since JBL

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
11-24-2010, 06:20 PM
I mentioned this in another thread, but did you guys hear his dig at Alex Riley!! "He's gonna get in the ring with Ezekiel Jackson? What is he under the influence?" GOLD!

Bodom
11-24-2010, 06:24 PM
I mentioned this in another thread, but did you guys hear his dig at Alex Riley!! "He's gonna get in the ring with Ezekiel Jackson? What is he under the influence?" GOLD!

Everything that Punk touches turns to Gold.

His announcing is like sweet sweet music.

Silverdust
11-24-2010, 06:25 PM
Did you hear him rating the Divas? He said Melina was a 2 - about time someone told the truth about that horseface. ;)

Didn't Triple H call Lillian Garcia a horseface and get scrutiny for it?

Bodom
11-24-2010, 06:45 PM

Well she is a horseface.

TheDevilsAdvocate
11-24-2010, 06:56 PM

Yeah by Mick Foley I think it was.

@awesome1
11-24-2010, 07:31 PM
CM Punk &, The Miz are the best susperstars in WWE right now , The Miz becoming the WWE Champion is AWESOME ! &, CM Punk can do anything , he's the best wrestler in the company , best commentater today , this guy can do anything .

drumgod
11-24-2010, 08:08 PM
He cant.... ENTERTAIN ME...

When he was the SES, giving all those FOREVER long promos - i couldnt fast forward fast enough!!!!!

Good wrestler, stupid promos, not so good as an announcer either...

Just go ahead and rub one out - and your man crush will be over...

CMhuw24
11-24-2010, 08:23 PM
I think hes awesome on the announctable, his call on Alex Riley was classic, and suited his straight edge gimmick.
I'd rather listen to him than have Abraham Washington on the announcing.

Robstar
11-24-2010, 08:30 PM
He cant.... ENTERTAIN ME...

When he was the SES, giving all those FOREVER long promos - i couldnt fast forward fast enough!!!!!

Good wrestler, stupid promos, not so good as an announcer either...

Just go ahead and rub one out - and your man crush will be over...

Did World Of Warcraft and sci-fi conventions set your entertainment bar too high? That's ok, but I have to let you know Xena is not real.

You wouldn't know entertaining if it was right next to you, helping you double team your internet 'girlfriend'. Clearly. Run along and play in the road

IPEEINTHESHOWER
11-24-2010, 08:31 PM

On top of that every wrestler on shoot video's make a joke about her having a huge http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRBwm1HjelCkdYsCuJoepfer2D_Rnexb GPSI2e-qgPwBnUl3zf5qQ

I'm sure she is friends with Ric Flair, his famous quote " No hair, No Flair."

On topic
C.M Punk is awesome no matter what he does. I hope he not only announces but wrestles more as well. He really should be the "chosen One."

IPEEINTHESHOWER
11-24-2010, 08:35 PM
Did World Of Warcraft and sci-fi conventions set your entertainment bar too high? That's ok, but I have to let you know Xena is not real.

You wouldn't know entertaining if it was right next to you, helping you double team your internet 'girlfriend'. Clearly. Run along and play in the road

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Rob you just earned the http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR19EbKuIlQbeqN5bOOp0-326lmTMJ1aIETX7HxSNcLw0SSHTsY

congrats on a job well done, you earned it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CMhuw24
11-24-2010, 08:40 PM
I hope CM Punk gets a title push when he comes back.
Hell id love to see him vs Daniel Byran for US Championship at WM27, easily a show stealer.

Rassling_Fan
11-24-2010, 08:41 PM
The only thing he can't do is drink and smoke, because he's Straight Edge and that means he's better then us!

Though it's nice to see a third voice in the announcing. Though I hope it doesn't end up like Taz. Once he started announcing, he never returned to the ring.

Robstar
11-24-2010, 08:45 PM
On top of that every wrestler on shoot video's make a joke about her having a huge http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRBwm1HjelCkdYsCuJoepfer2D_Rnexb GPSI2e-qgPwBnUl3zf5qQ

I'm sure she is friends with Ric Flair, his famous quote " No hair, No Flair."

On topic
C.M Punk is awesome no matter what he does. I hope he not only announces but wrestles more as well. He really should be the "chosen One."

I did not know that. Looks like me and Naitch have something in common! ;) Oh yeah baby!!! A real woman!!!

Like they say down here - if there's grass on the wicket, go play cricket!!

2bluntsup
11-24-2010, 08:51 PM

I know what punk cant do?? Be a decent world champion. IMO his gimmick would have been gold as the piper for this generation bcuz as world champ it's a joke. and im a CM punk fan but as ECW, IC, AND TAG champion his matches where the shit-excluding the feud with Hardy. But as an play by play guy he's on point.>>>NKB

Bodom
11-24-2010, 10:03 PM

http://www.gifbin.com/bin/1233928590_citizen%20kane%20clapping.gif

TheDevilsAdvocate
11-25-2010, 12:42 PM
When CM punk gets better I hope to see him have a feud with The Miz. They both perform decently inside of the ring. The both of them have exceptionally superb microphone skills, and they both know how to tell a story an get underneath your skin.

SilverGhost
11-25-2010, 12:44 PM
When CM punk gets better I hope to see him have a feud with The Miz. They both perform decently inside of the ring. The both of them have exceptionally superb microphone skills, and they both know how to tell a story an get underneath your skin.

Wait.....CM Punk/Bryan fued would be fun to watch!

Starscreamer
11-25-2010, 12:49 PM
I was so hoping to see DB and CMP go at it for the title...but we will see...but he was awesome on the announcing team. Also the fact that he was saying he just wanted to do something instead of sitting out injured should keep him happy with the brass. But I wonder...if he then decides to break up the annoucing team would then Cole and King get released?

SilverGhost
11-25-2010, 12:52 PM
I was so hoping to see DB and CMP go at it for the title...but we will see...but he was awesome on the announcing team. Also the fact that he was saying he just wanted to do something instead of sitting out injured should keep him happy with the brass. But I wonder...if he then decides to break up the annoucing team would then Cole and King get released?

I wanna see this too. But that is way later since his ass is rehabing xD The future maybe.....expect kicks, high fliying and submissions applied!

Danny Des
11-29-2010, 04:49 AM
I freaking love CM Punk. Adding him to the announce team is nothing short of brilliant. Did you hear him rating the Divas? He said Melina was a 2 - about time someone told the truth about that horseface. ;) He is completely unbiased in his match calling - you can tell, for him it's not about selling his character but the character of others and for that, my hat is off to him.

I'm in no hurry to see Punk back in the ring - in fact, he should be given his own Pipers Pit style segment.

Wanna know what he cant do?

Keep his shitty underlings employed.

JimmytheBlack
11-29-2010, 12:47 PM

Lilian is a horseface, Melina is a hotie

JimmytheBlack
11-29-2010, 12:48 PM

lol CM Punk on the announce table is awesome. You could hear the king worrying about his job xD

KJ PUNK
11-29-2010, 10:05 PM
Punk is awesome...plus he's dated Maria, Lita and now Beth Phoenix which makes me jealous

Rich Cranium
11-29-2010, 10:08 PM
Punk is awesome...plus he's dated Maria, Lita and now Beth Phoenix which makes me jealous

So you want a woman that can kick your ass?

K2Jelly
11-29-2010, 10:09 PM

Why does it matter? It's Beth Phoenix!

Bodom
11-29-2010, 10:11 PM

Whats wrong with that?

It adds to the ummmm "excitement"

KJ PUNK
11-29-2010, 10:22 PM
like you still wouldn't motorboat her

Bodom
11-29-2010, 10:24 PM
like you still wouldn't motorboat her

I totally would.

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
11-29-2010, 10:33 PM
You guys all know my thoughts on Punk, but i think he has to clean it up a little if he doesn't want to get in trouble. KKK references, payback is a bitch, calling both Cody Rhodes and Pat Patterson gay aint exactly PG. Don't get me wrong, I love it, it's just that I don't think he is gonna keep this job long if he keeps doing all that.

Starscreamer
11-29-2010, 11:20 PM
"King Kofi Kingston, the initials are terrible, but the name sounds great"...oh dear lord I nearly did a spit take when he said that...

Bodom
11-29-2010, 11:23 PM
Might have been the line of the night.

AGEOFFALL
11-30-2010, 03:59 AM
To answer the question posted in the title. The one thing he can't do is drugs and alcohol. Not now and now ever.

captainmoonlight
11-30-2010, 05:31 AM
nothing wrong with the KKK line really is there. he didn't even say that and its 2010. he's good friends with kofi apparently and I don't think wwe will be bothered. plus kids wont even pick up on it.

the way I see it is anything that is not too pg the kids wont get anyway. kinda like the simpsons

AGEOFFALL
11-30-2010, 05:50 AM
nothing wrong with the KKK line really is there. he didn't even say that and its 2010. he's good friends with kofi apparently and I don't think wwe will be bothered. plus kids wont even pick up on it.

the way I see it is anything that is not too pg the kids wont get anyway. kinda like the simpsons

CM Punk is there to appeal to smarks.

Kashdinero
11-30-2010, 06:39 AM
CM Punk is there to appeal to smarks.

It's about time we had someone ; )

Anyone else remember his awesome announcing on the ROH DVD's?

el gabo
11-30-2010, 06:53 AM
Might have been the line of the night.

Not sure if it was Punk or Cole but, one of them said that Alex Riley had a new suit and that he was probably dressed for court. Now that was funny ass jab at the man.

Bodom
11-30-2010, 08:30 AM
Not sure if it was Punk or Cole but, one of them said that Alex Riley had a new suit and that he was probably dressed for court. Now that was funny ass jab at the man.

Had to be Punk.

Splattered-Dreams
11-30-2010, 08:35 AM
I like to hear Punk announcing. We actually get someone with a knowledge of the buisness for a change. Hell, stick him on SD! - he can teach Todd Grisham a few move names

Kashdinero
11-30-2010, 08:42 AM
I thought he carried himself well when it was just him left announcing

Bodom
11-30-2010, 08:47 AM
Punk announcing is probably the best addition to the booth since JBL

el gabo
11-30-2010, 08:56 AM

Really miss JBL in WWE. Retired young (comparatively).

Bodom
11-30-2010, 09:01 AM
Really miss JBL in WWE. Retired young (comparatively).

Never really cared for him as a wrestler, but the man could talk. I loved it when he was commentating.

Splattered-Dreams
11-30-2010, 09:03 AM

Glad you agree.. JBL was a great addition to the announce table - so damn enetrtaining. "I HATE Rey Mysterio!!"

Bodom
11-30-2010, 09:15 AM
line of the night....

Punk: "I am a wrestler..."

Cole: No your not...your a superstar

Splattered-Dreams
11-30-2010, 09:18 AM
line of the night....

Punk: "I am a wrestler..."

Cole: No your not...your a superstar

Was that last night? I really should be more aware of things around me - although Raw ends at 4am in the UK, I was probably too tired to notice :( I was listening out all night for a Hardy Boyz reference, didnt get one though!

Bodom
11-30-2010, 09:21 AM
Was that last night? I really should be more aware of things around me - although Raw ends at 4am in the UK, I was probably too tired to notice :( I was listening out all night for a Hardy Boyz reference, didnt get one though!

Damn. Nope didn't catch one either. I would have settled for a grape comment.

Splattered-Dreams
11-30-2010, 09:50 AM
Damn. Nope didn't catch one either. I would have settled for a grape comment.

Definitely, me too!

Robstar
11-30-2010, 02:33 PM
Bless Punk and his boat rocking ways! He must be aware of how much Vince loves him, surely? I'm glad that someone in the organisation can get away with that stuff and even happier that it's Punk

Kashdinero
12-01-2010, 04:33 AM
Bless Punk and his boat rocking ways! He must be aware of how much Vince loves him, surely? I'm glad that someone in the organisation can get away with that stuff and even happier that it's Punk

You took the words out of my mouth!

It's great seeing him being embraced by the worlds largest wrestling promotion. He truly deserves it. When his time comes he will be remembered alongside the rest of the true great workers of our time.
I may be wrong but CM Punk may be the best in ring performer to excel at announcing as well.

Splattered-Dreams
12-01-2010, 05:30 AM

It's great seeing him being embraced by the worlds largest wrestling promotion. He truly deserves it. When his time comes he will be remembered alongside the rest of the true great workers of our time.
I may be wrong but CM Punk may be the best in ring performer to excel at announcing as well.

Behind Taz, imo

Kashdinero
12-01-2010, 05:11 PM
As much as I loved The Human Suplex Machine in ECW I feel punk is the better in ring performer, especially in WWE. obviously Taz has more experience at the announcing booth but he was awful when he started.

Taxi Driver
12-02-2010, 12:08 PM
CM Punk can't suck. Or totally suck. Or sucking.

SgtGohan
12-02-2010, 12:58 PM

your forgetting jericho

Splattered-Dreams
12-03-2010, 04:22 AM
As much as I loved The Human Suplex Machine in ECW I feel punk is the better in ring performer, especially in WWE. obviously Taz has more experience at the announcing booth but he was awful when he started.

If you're talking strictly WWE then Punk might have the edge, but Taz was f'ing great - not just in ECW, some of his stuff in Mexico and Japan is unbelievable. Punk's definitely a better announcer, although Taz is often given ridiculous things to say

Kashdinero
12-03-2010, 07:26 AM
If you're talking strictly WWE then Punk might have the edge, but Taz was f'ing great - not just in ECW, some of his stuff in Mexico and Japan is unbelievable. Punk's definitely a better announcer, although Taz is often given ridiculous things to say

Taz is one of my all time favourite's believe me. In ECW he was GREAT! His promos were so convincing I actually thought he was unbeatable. That Taz would choke Punk out in a New York minute BUT Punk is the better all rounder.
Although I haven't seen him in Mexico and japan (jealous). Any recommendation's?

Kashdinero
12-03-2010, 07:28 AM
Mr perfect also had a spell at announcing but didn't really set the world on fire.

Bodom
12-03-2010, 09:37 AM
Mr perfect also had a spell at announcing but didn't really set the world on fire.

Kinda hard when you have Gorilla Monsoon and Bobby Heenan.

el gabo
12-03-2010, 10:08 AM
Humanoides. Best insult to the fans by an announcer ever.

Splattered-Dreams
12-03-2010, 10:11 AM
Taz is one of my all time favourite's believe me. In ECW he was GREAT! His promos were so convincing I actually thought he was unbeatable. That Taz would choke Punk out in a New York minute BUT Punk is the better all rounder.
Although I haven't seen him in Mexico and japan (jealous). Any recommendation's?

I'm really bad at finding old wrestling, but there were some classic matches that spring to mind - Tazmaniac vs "Surfer" Ray Odyssey, for the IWCCW Light Heavyweight belt.. it was a hometown match for Taz so the crowd really helps him out a bit. Great match, hope you can find it.

There were some great matches with Kevin Sullivan from NJPW as well, good stuff. I've heard he worked some classics in WWC in Puerta Rico, but I havent seen any of them

Kashdinero
12-03-2010, 03:55 PM
I'm really bad at finding old wrestling, but there were some classic matches that spring to mind - Tazmaniac vs "Surfer" Ray Odyssey, for the IWCCW Light Heavyweight belt.. it was a hometown match for Taz so the crowd really helps him out a bit. Great match, hope you can find it.

There were some great matches with Kevin Sullivan from NJPW as well, good stuff. I've heard he worked some classics in WWC in Puerta Rico, but I havent seen any of them

I will find them.