PDA

View Full Version : Two Possibilities for HITC?

emeron01
10-23-2012, 06:52 AM
Random Thought,
Do you guys think there is any possibility of either of these two things happening at Hell In The Cell?:

1. Considering what has happened to Matt Striker over the last few weeks at the hands of Team Hell No and seeing as he is a fellow 'intellect', could you see striker trying to assist Team Rhodes Scholars in winning the tag team titles and becoming a third member?

2.Writers seem to be struggling with the end of the Punk Vs Ryback Match and Orton is bitching about wanting a heel turn, Could you see the following as a likely possibility?:

Randy Orton loses to Alberto Del Rio therefore cementing his claims as the 'New Apex Predator of The WWE'.
Later on in the main event, Orton comes into the cage appearing to help Ryback (considering the past between punk and orton) but instead hits him with the RKO and helping punk to retain.

That way we get:

1. A heel orton

2. Ryback losing but with a new main event caliber rival

3. Punk keeping his title.

What do you think?

Marx
10-23-2012, 07:39 AM
They've built Orton/Del Rio to be about the cross armbreaker. If Del Rio's wins, he'll win by submission, which should take Orton out of the ppv.

I love to see Orton turn heel, but I don't want them to rush it to fill the holes in other storylines. Orton as a heel can be one of WWE's biggest assets, so they'd better do it right. Make it a slow turn, let him be cranky and erratic, punting and rko'ing people left and right, until he steps over the line. For the last year people cheered him no matter what he did, so let's just find the fault line that turns him.

Let a soldier for hire mess up Ryback's shot. I've read that they're comtemplating Brock Lesnar, and I'd rather see that happen. It gives Ryback something to do for a while without the title involved, let him feud with Brock.

PSOjedi
10-23-2012, 07:52 AM
If Matt Striker help Rhodes & Sandow I would not be surprised. It's a possibility.
Also, as Hell No is almost losing everything these last days, I can see them retaining at HIAC.
But I can see the end of Hell No, leading to Rhodes & Sandow vs Rey Mysterio & Sin Cara.
Not so predictable......

For me it's obvious, Ryback will not win the WWE Championship at HIAC.

1. Punk destroys Ryback backstage before the match, then Cena takes his place
2. Brock Lesnar destroys Ryback during his entrance, then Cena takes his place
3. Ryback is in the match so maybe Ziggler, or The Miz, or even Brock Lesnar interfer and cost him the title.

If Ryback is in the match, I can see him winning by DQ, even if we're in a cell here.

Great One
10-23-2012, 08:00 AM
I don't think Orton will be involved in the WWE Championship match for several reasons, I strongly believe Brock Lesnar will attack Ryback

Steve Austin
10-23-2012, 08:35 AM
I like the first one, striker would fit nicely with them I think. I want a heel Orton but not like that, an attack on Sheamus and a world title feud. They've had a few matches with each other but not a proper feud. (I don't think)

THE HEARTBREAK KID
10-23-2012, 09:04 AM
I actually thought about the Striker idea myself too! :) I think that could very well happen.

Not sure about the rest.. I agree with Steve, I wan't Orton to turn heel but I would rather it be done differently personally.

Tomsta666
10-23-2012, 09:05 AM
I love how unpredictable this match is! Ryback majorly over with the casual fans. The smarks don't want Punk to lose. There really is no happy medium. Hopefully they don't fuck it up, and we get a good outcome! :)

TNA 'The very best'
10-23-2012, 10:28 AM
Striker as their manager is a good idea I think,

Orton involved in a match that has nothing to do with him and I can't see much of a story (other than the standard you attacked me for no reason lets feud) I don't like the idea.

Lowki
10-23-2012, 10:46 AM
I just feel ryback will win. On sunday, Punk will be at 343 days, which could see them cutting him short just days off a year long reign. There's also the possibility of Cena somehow being put in the match now he's 100%

TheJosephBanks
10-23-2012, 10:48 AM
Reading one of the dirt sheets; there were apparently talks of using Lesner to set up a Lesner/Punk vs Cena/Ryback Survivor Series.

TheRealOutlaw
10-23-2012, 12:18 PM
If Matt Striker help Rhodes & Sandow I would not be surprised. It's a possibility.
Also, as Hell No is almost losing everything these last days, I can see them retaining at HIAC.
But I can see the end of Hell No, leading to Rhodes & Sandow vs Rey Mysterio & Sin Cara.
Not so predictable......

For me it's obvious, Ryback will not win the WWE Championship at HIAC.

1. Punk destroys Ryback backstage before the match, then Cena takes his place
2. Brock Lesnar destroys Ryback during his entrance, then Cena takes his place
3. Ryback is in the match so maybe Ziggler, or The Miz, or even Brock Lesnar interfer and cost him the title.

If Ryback is in the match, I can see him winning by DQ, even if we're in a cell here.

I didn't think you could win a HIAC match by DQ since there are no DQ's. Maybe end in a no contest.

Robstar
10-23-2012, 02:43 PM
Do Rhodes Scholars need a mouthpiece? No. Does Striker add anything, charisma wise to this team. No. Does he make them in any way more interesting? No.

Striker should take the AW spot for Prime Time Players. If anything.

I smell a cash in coming at HIAC.

Cabers
10-23-2012, 03:20 PM
The Matt Striker idea is interesting and definitely can't be ruled out.

But i don't see Orton turning heel at the ppv possible interference from cena and inadvertently costing Ryback the match.

imswm
10-23-2012, 05:09 PM
Eh, there's always the old steel cage finish where the powerhouse face nails the heel so hard, the latter goes flying and breaks through the cage door, being declared the winner because he escaped first. I know HIAC is supposed to be different, but it's not like promoters don't "re-invent" rules when it suits their needs. Look at how many times--including last night with Gabriel--someone wins a match clean and they "forget" to mention it's non-title, just to cite on example.

And, yes, this means Foley taking the insane roof bump and going to the ground should have been declared winner in that match, but like I said, rules can magically change. They could even have some sort of promo on Raw the next night saying how Punk outsmarted Ryback because he had the first-out stipulation written into his contract, never mind that Vince personally presented the contracts on Raw.

Just can't see a company as cautious as WWE giving the big strap to someone who can't even promo, so I expect Punk to retain...if they don't pull a substitution, as some have suggested above...which is bound to get them some disgruntled PPV buyers who are going to feel like they got a bait-and-switch since Ryback vs Punk may be why they ordered in the first place.