PDA

View Full Version : So tired of the Big Show getting jobbed

JimmytheBlack
11-24-2010, 12:38 PM
That's pretty messed up how everyone thinks that Del Rio is going to be put over the Big Show. He has been on a tear since took care of CM Punk. There is no reason why they can't keep him at the main event level. Last time he got a title shot was when Swagger was the champ. He didn't even get a remacth. Usually when a champ keeps the belt via DQ. They're fueding for at least 2 months. Am I the only one who feels the Big Show isn't getting the respect he deserves?

Necroyeti
11-24-2010, 12:41 PM
Are you serious?

Bodom
11-24-2010, 12:43 PM
Eh..Never been a fan of Big Show.

He can have a ok match, but after 5 minutes it just gets boring and repetitive.

JimmytheBlack
11-24-2010, 12:45 PM
Size has it's limitations. How technical or high flying can a guy his size get?

el gabo
11-24-2010, 12:46 PM
That's pretty messed up how everyone thinks that Del Rio is going to be put over the Big Show. He has been on a tear since took care of CM Punk. There is no reason why they can't keep him at the main event level. Last time he got a title shot was when Swagger was the champ. He didn't even get a remacth. Usually when a champ keeps the belt via DQ. They're fueding for at least 2 months. Am I the only one who feels the Big Show isn't getting the respect he deserves?

Don't really think losing to Del Rio is jobbing. He's whats being said these few days, a breath of fresh air. Show has gotten kind of boring to me. He is a team player though. Big props for that.

Bodom
11-24-2010, 12:47 PM
I don't expect Show to chain wrestle or put on a clinic.

Just entertainment, and I don't feel Big Show can put on an entertaining match longer than 5 minutes

Stihltygre
11-24-2010, 12:49 PM
i actually Like show, he's go great mic skills, i'd like to see him in better shape but hey he does what he does well, which is to be a seemingly insurmountable obstacle, his work in the ring is about reaction and being a spectacle not a wrestler.

problem is if he wins the belt how do you take it off him? If he's at the top of performance then with his size being defeated becomes unbelievable, so they keep him looking like he could take the title any time he wants but keep him busy in the upper mid card for feuds. What better way to hype a new star by having him overcome the insurmountable.

JimmytheBlack
11-24-2010, 12:54 PM
i actually Like show, he's go great mic skills, i'd like to see him in better shape but hey he does what he does well, which is to be a seemingly insurmountable obstacle, his work in the ring is about reaction and being a spectacle not a wrestler.

problem is if he wins the belt how do you take it off him? If he's at the top of performance then with his size being defeated becomes unbelievable, so they keep him looking like he could take the title any time he wants but keep him busy in the upper mid card for feuds. What better way to hype a new star by having him overcome the insurmountable.

Alberto is a more enjoyable version of JBL, but as a fan of the Paul White. I want to see him do more than being the trump card in a tag team elimination match.

el gabo
11-24-2010, 01:18 PM
Alberto is a more enjoyable version of JBL, but as a fan of the Paul White. I want to see him do more than being the trump card in a tag team elimination match.

No no no. Please don't call Del Rio a version of JBL. The only thing similar in their character is the car. He is pompous and arrogant but, heels are like that.

SaberToothTigerz
11-24-2010, 01:26 PM
No no no. Please don't call Del Rio a version of JBL. The only thing similar in their character is the car. He is pompous and arrogant but, heels are like that.

exactly both have still alot of diferences
jbl was a brawler and alberto is a technical striker.

JimmytheBlack
11-24-2010, 01:29 PM

It's not just the car entrance. The whole thing is play on JBL all the way down to his fued with Rey. Alberto Del Rio is the mexican JBL.

el gabo
11-24-2010, 01:39 PM
It's not just the car entrance. The whole thing is play on JBL all the way down to his fued with Rey. Alberto Del Rio is the mexican JBL.

Why? (other than the car intro) A feud with Rey means nothing here.

el gabo
11-24-2010, 01:40 PM
exactly both have still alot of diferences
jbl was a brawler and alberto is a technical striker.

Yes! Thank you.

Robstar
11-24-2010, 01:42 PM
If you recall, Kane was basically jobbing for 2 years - then they put the big belt on him

JimmytheBlack
11-24-2010, 01:43 PM
They only difference you've been able to show is in ring performance. He's a knock off.

el gabo
11-24-2010, 01:45 PM
They only difference you've been able to show is in ring performance. He's a knock off.

Still not answering my question. How is he similar other than the car entrance?

Robstar
11-24-2010, 01:48 PM

JBL was a Texan and Del Rio is Mexican and they're both equally hated? lol They both have a scarf! Don't you see? The same! ;)

el gabo
11-24-2010, 01:50 PM
JBL was a Texan and Del Rio is Mexican and they're both equally hated? lol They both have a scarf! Don't you see? The same! ;)

I think its one of those things that you say "I can't quite put my finger on it but, I know they're the same".

JimmytheBlack
11-24-2010, 01:52 PM

Throwing around the fact that he comes from money. May not being be calling himself a "wrestling god". That's replaced with being the "decendant of royalty." Virtually picking right back up where JBL left off with his fued with Rey.

Robstar
11-24-2010, 01:55 PM
Poor Big Show is even jobbing in his own thread to Del Rio.

What's with the obsession of everyone being a 'new' someone else? Get over it!

Bodom
11-24-2010, 01:59 PM
Throwing around the fact that he comes from money. May not being be calling himself a "wrestling god". That's replaced with being the "decendant of royalty." Virtually picking right back up where JBL left off with his fued with Rey.

If anything, this is closer to The Million Dollar Man. JBL was a self made millionaire.

SilverLace
11-24-2010, 02:01 PM
I get what a lot of you are saying about Show only being entertaining the 1st 5 minutes of a match, but I have never seen another Giant (correct me I'm wrong) as versatile as him. Look at Khali, Andre, Gonzalez. Yes, Kane is a big fella but not as big as Show.

Bodom
11-24-2010, 02:04 PM
I get what a lot of you are saying about Show only being entertaining the 1st 5 minutes of a match, but I have never seen another Giant (correct me I'm wrong) as versatile as him. Look at Khali, Andre, Gonzalez. Yes, Kane is a big fella but not as big as Show.

Vader and Bam Bam Bigelow.

Robstar
11-24-2010, 02:06 PM
Vader and Bam Bam Bigelow.

Not giants. Just big, fat men. Like Bundy or One Man Gang. Giant = tall.

Bodom
11-24-2010, 02:07 PM
Not giants. Just big, fat men. Like Bundy or One Man Gang. Giant = tall.

Still big men. But ok, I'll go by your rules.

Matt Morgan.

Robstar
11-24-2010, 02:12 PM
Still big men. But ok, I'll go by your rules.

Matt Morgan.

Come on! Morgan is the modern version of John Studd. He's surviving on a thimbleful of talent and a couple of big moves, probably handed to him by Nash

Bodom
11-24-2010, 02:15 PM
Come on! Morgan is the modern version of John Studd. He's surviving on a thimbleful of talent and a couple of big moves, probably handed to him by Nash

Maybe. But i'd still pick him as the best giant in wrestling today.

IPEEINTHESHOWER
11-24-2010, 02:17 PM
Please allow the most stand out forum poster and person with the most votes in the most liked poll in the EWN community to give his infinite wisdom on this matter. I like the Big Show and I think he does pretty well in the ring for a man of his size. His job is to put over new talent, need I say more on that matter.
OFF TOPIC

infinite wisdom
JBL was JBL

Alberto Del Rio is Albeto Del Rio

THEY ARE NOT THE SAME PEOPLE. I wish JBL was back in the WWE, he would carry this sign to the ring and I would laugh my ass off.
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR17239zmPNU52zuXmTJwrbszJc07_T9 iAUWUGW1Kjy4kbMXIst6Q

Robstar
11-24-2010, 02:19 PM
Maybe. But i'd still pick him as the best giant in wrestling today.

Kane? He can move. Morgan is actuall 6ft8, just a fraction taller than Kane

Bodom
11-24-2010, 02:19 PM
Please allow the most stand out forum poster and person with the most votes in the most liked poll in the EWN community to give his infinite wisdom on this matter. I like the Big Show and I think he does pretty well in the ring for a man of his size. His job is to put over new talent, need I say more on that matter.
OFF TOPIC

infinite wisdom
JBL was JBL

Alberto Del Rio is Albeto Del Rio

THEY ARE NOT THE SAME PEOPLE. I wish JBL was back in the WWE, he would carry this sign to the ring and I would laugh my ass off.
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR17239zmPNU52zuXmTJwrbszJc07_T9 iAUWUGW1Kjy4kbMXIst6Q

Name one wrestler Big Show put over not named Brock Lesnar.

wallyman
11-24-2010, 02:20 PM
dude big show is a main eventer...he can job and comeback strong the next week...it doesnt hurt him to lose...cuz he can get his stance back so quick

IPEEINTHESHOWER
11-24-2010, 02:26 PM

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSFHwgWGZ1KscoFXb-_iwBhKCVGWS4KXn4xHiJF78LTWlgYyMYG8w

Bodom
11-24-2010, 02:30 PM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSFHwgWGZ1KscoFXb-_iwBhKCVGWS4KXn4xHiJF78LTWlgYyMYG8w

Was already established thanks to Kurt Angle and Eddie Guerrero. All before his feud with Big Show.

Try again.

JimmytheBlack
11-24-2010, 02:32 PM

Yes. Look how big I am...Me want title shot

marc
11-24-2010, 02:34 PM
Actually Paul Wight put Rey over many many years ago in WCW. Just sayin'.

JimmytheBlack
11-24-2010, 02:38 PM
Actually Paul Wight put Rey over many many years ago in WCW. Just sayin'.

I will give Show that. He has the ability to build people up. He can perform better than all of those other big men in the ring, excluding Bam Bam.

Bodom
11-24-2010, 02:39 PM
Still wasn't pushed above lower mid card

To quote Mysterio.

The division kicked off to a certain point but they never put us on top, and when they unmasked us it all came tumbling down. Those in charge of WCW had the mindset that only big men could draw and didn't create new superstars. But wrestling now has changed so much. Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero and Chris Jericho have all been world champions, but back in WCW they were mainly cruiserweights. Also the top guys in WCW were scared that fans were more interested in watching luchadore action and high-flying moves than big men just going out there and stomping on each other for 10 minutes. But later on he was interrupted by rising superstar Iffah. But the heavyweights were getting into Eric Bischoff's ear, saying: "We can't let these guys be on top. They're small and wrestling has never been about this, we've got to keep the tradition going." It was stupid for Eric Bischoff, who was running a huge company like WCW, to listen to other people. Vince McMahon runs his own company and does what he wants to do, as did Paul Heyman. Wrestling is about what the fans want, not what the boys want.

Rich Cranium
11-24-2010, 02:59 PM
Still wasn't pushed above lower mid card

To quote Mysterio.

It's funny Rey complains but doesn't put anyone over unless he has to.

K2Jelly
11-24-2010, 03:04 PM

E.G Dolph Ziggler

Bodom
11-24-2010, 03:17 PM

Oh I agree completely.

wretlingrock392
11-24-2010, 03:23 PM

cena?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPlLr_jCNc8

JimmytheBlack
11-24-2010, 03:26 PM

It's understandable after all the bullshit he had to put up with in WCW. Once you get a taste of the good life you get a little spoiled.

Bodom
11-24-2010, 03:46 PM
cena?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPlLr_jCNc8

I'll give you that one.

JimmytheBlack
11-24-2010, 03:50 PM

Triple H. The fued where he smashed his hand with a sledge was insane.

K2Jelly
11-24-2010, 03:53 PM
Triple H. The fued where he smashed his hand with a sledge was insane.

Triple H was already an established main eventer by then.

JimmytheBlack
11-24-2010, 04:05 PM
Triple H was already an established main eventer by then.

Putting someone over is more than pulling them out of midcard

Bodom
11-24-2010, 04:07 PM
Putting someone over is more than pulling them out of midcard

But Trips was already a star by then

Robstar
11-24-2010, 04:52 PM
I'd say he put your mom over, but she's not a wrestler. Not in the classic sense anyway

Bodom
11-24-2010, 04:53 PM
Go for it.

Doesn't bother me.

Robstar
11-24-2010, 05:23 PM
Go for it.

Doesn't bother me.

Aaawwww, you're not playing Bods!

Ok, he put a bucket of fried chicken over

Bodom
11-24-2010, 05:26 PM
Aaawwww, you're not playing Bods!

Ok, he put a bucket of fried chicken over

What? Not going to pretend to care about someone that I haven't seen or spoken to in 5 years ;)

And he didn't put over a bucket of chicken. He squashed it!

Robstar
11-24-2010, 05:31 PM
What? Not going to pretend to care about someone that I haven't seen or spoken to in 5 years ;)

And he didn't put over a bucket of chicken. He squashed it!

I thought that was the burrittos in his back pockets! (at least he claimed it was burrittos!)

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
11-24-2010, 07:43 PM
How is Big Sow jobbing?? He is on a winning streak! Oh I get it, now you lose one match and your a jobber. He shouldn't be in the main event anyway. Opponents can only do so much in a match with him to make it look realistic.