PDA

View Full Version : If YOU fixed TNA (Impact Wrestling)

Rockstar83
10-20-2012, 11:21 PM
Let's just say you just bought TNA Wrestling from Dixie Carter and as the title says If YOU fixed TNA (Impact Wrestling) what would you do different? Who would be Champions? What would the Roster look like? Would you name a GM? If so who would it be? Would you even change the format to TV MA?

In other words how would you make the Ratings go threw the roof and expand and actually give McMahon a run for his money.

AWrestlingGod
10-20-2012, 11:29 PM
Bring more attention to the X-Division in hire top indy stars, Sami Callihan, PAC, Jack Evans, while also start bringing in more global stars such as KENTA, and Aerostar. I would hire better storyline writers, and I would try to take Impact on the road.

There will be a world heavyweight championship tournament with 5 top TNA Stars and top 5 independent stars chosen by the fans with the winner of the tournament facing Jeff Hardy. It will be exciting and you never know what can happen. Imagine matches with Austin Aries Vs Kenta, Samoa Joe Vs Sami Callihan. Will get new stars and new story-lines and a more exciting show.

Bralon23
10-21-2012, 12:45 AM
They were moving in the right direction when they first got cable syndication on Fox Sports Net. The only thing that is stopping TNA, to me, is that it's presented in a way that makes it seem like a poor man's WWE. I wish they'd go back to the 6 sided ring, get rid of the ex WWE guys and Sting and just push their homegrown talent like they used to. I don't want to see RVD, Hogan, Kennedy, etc. taking up so much of the tv time. Bully Ray is really the only ex WWE guy that they're using correctly. Bring back the high flying tag teams and Petey Williams just so he can do the Canadian Destroyer every week. Bring back the two entrances that they used to have in the Impact Zone. Get rid of Taz and bring back Don West on commentary, who actually made it bearable. The X Division should be featured almost as much as their Heavyweight Title because obviously they don't respect it enough to let Jeff Hardy defame it even more than he has in previous years, by showing up wasted for title matches, and also by putting his face on it. The X Division is for smaller guys, but they could almost use it as a stepping stone for the World Title, somewhat like they did with Aries this year.

The gut check thing is cool, but they're featuring a guy who didn't even "get picked" to earn a contract more than any of the kids that have actually made it. Stop prolonging the Aces & 8s storyline and bring back Abyss. Have AJ Styles, who's contributed almost more than anybody to TNA besides Jeff Jarrett, have a long, prestigious title run. Induct actual people that deserve to be in the TNA hall of fame in the hall of fame. They inducted Sting first, which is basically spitting and slapping Jeff Jarrett in the face for what he's done for the company. I don't take it seriously because I know they're going to bring in a WWE guy, who has either left or been released, and make them the star of the company. The only time it's worked has been with Christian, but after that, it's just made me not want to watch it. Bring back Awesome Kong and have her feud with Gail Kim. And have another girl feud that doesn't involve ODB and Eric Young. It's ridiculous and some of the stuff they do is flat out just an embarrassment to wrestling. Feature Madison Rayne and actually do innovative things with the girls like they used to.

They really just need to get away from the Bischoffs and the Hogans of the world and just be themselves. I love Hogan, but his time is well past due. I don't want to see him anymore. Sorry for the rambling, but these are the things that I think could make TNA the alternative that it should strive to be. I watch WWE for WWE. I don't enjoy watching TNA trying to recreate WWE, especially knowing the things that they're capable of.

Peter Kaymakcian
10-21-2012, 02:18 AM
1.) Go back to the six sided ring like said earlier

2.) Fire Hogan and Sting because they don't offer enough to TNA at the moment

3.) Put the Austin Aries World Heavyweight Championship back as the World Championship

4.) Scrap the Television title and repackage it as the Breaking Point Championship(a championship that can only be won by submission)

5.) Take away two PPVs

6.) End the BFG Series two weeks earlier to give the champion and challenger a good amount of time to hype up their feud

7.) Have more title changes on television to let fans know that anything can happen on an episode of Impact!

8.) Recreate the tag team division to really build it up again

9.) Stop with having giant stables every year

10.) Create a John Cena, Hulk Hogan, Stone Cold, or Rock(Top Face)

11.) Create a HHH, Edge, Roddy Piper, or Ric Flair(Top Heel)

12.) More emphasis on promoting my product and stars(talk shows, commercials, other TV Shows)

13.) Try and move to another channel like TBS which gets a lot more viewers

14.) Move out of the Impact! Zone

15.) Cut one third of the roster

16.) Bring in a heel authority figure

17.) Make my show appeal to the teen market

18.) Pay my superstars better and give them guaranteed to contracts so they perform better

19.) Create multiple superstars like in the Attitude Era

20.) Stop with the push one week, stop the next

21.) Emphasize every championship and make sure it is a point of the show

22.) Stop having celebrities punk my superstars

23.) Try and get a working partner ship with ROH

24.) Use ROH like WWF used ECW

25.) Fire anyone who thinks there bigger then the company

Poot-Hair
10-21-2012, 06:41 AM

3.) Put the Austin Aries World Heavyweight Championship back as the World Championship

4.) Scrap the Television title and repackage it as the Breaking Point Championship(a championship that can only be won by submission)

5.) Take away two PPVs

6.) End the BFG Series two weeks earlier to give the champion and challenger a good amount of time to hype up their feud

7.) Have more title changes on television to let fans know that anything can happen on an episode of Impact!

12.) More emphasis on promoting my product and stars(talk shows, commercials, other TV Shows)

18.) Pay my superstars better and give them guaranteed to contracts so they perform better

25.) Fire anyone who thinks there bigger then the companyFull of win. BUH GAWD WE HAVE IT!!!

Automatic
10-21-2012, 07:28 AM
If only it were so easy.

Awesome Bomb
10-21-2012, 08:22 AM
The former WWE stars are a necessary evil. Nobody is going to buy a PPV or go to a show when they don't recognize a single name on the card.

Keep Hogan and Flair but get rid of Bischoff. Nobody gives two shits about Eric but plenty of people know the name Hulk Hogan. He really does suck as GM (or whatever he is) so stick him as a manager. Ric is 10 times better on the mic so make him the GM.

AJ STyles is a natural top face and Samoa Joe would be awesome as top heel. Hardy is great as a face because he never needs to talk and is a recognizable name for the late teen/early adult market. RVD is an amazing wrestler when he gives a shit but that is a rare occurrence. Robert Roode and James Storm are the next big stars of that roster.

Stop doing stupid gimmick matches and spots. The reverse battle royal and Sting KOing himself on a chair are the two dumbest things I've ever seen an a wrestling show.

Cabers
10-21-2012, 08:43 AM

5.) Take away two PPVs

That is simply perfect especially the bolded part!

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
10-21-2012, 08:51 AM
Things that could (somewhat) realistically be accomplished:

- Bring back 6 sides
- Bring Xplosion to all markets where Impact is shown. Throw it on Saturday or Sunday morning for an hour.
- Get on the road for one impact a month (later can expand from there if successful)
- Change the TV title to be defended once and month ONLY on championship Thursday.
- Give Lockdown and BFG a 6 week buildup and hopefully the increase in these buys make up for the cost of cutting two B-PPVs
- Get rid of Hemme if she is really making over $100,000
- Have one X-Div match a week and always have them open the PPV (except for Dest-X)
- Change the X-Div weight limit back to no limits
- Pick up Awesome Kong and/or Johnny Morrison and/or Benjamin/Haas
- Hire a solid marketing team (their house show promotion team seems to be doing a good job)

Honest question: Is there a need to cut the roster if many guys and gals are contracted for a pay-per-appearance scale? If there are not being used, it's not costing TNA anything. Plus it is good to have some depth when they are running 100 or so house shows.

John Lonce
10-21-2012, 09:55 AM
Let's just say you just bought TNA Wrestling from Dixie Carter and as the title says If YOU fixed TNA (Impact Wrestling) what would you do different? Who would be Champions? What would the Roster look like? Would you name a GM? If so who would it be? Would you even change the format to TV MA?

In other words how would you make the Ratings go threw the roof and expand and actually give McMahon a run for his money.

1) I would take Impact out of the Impact Zone and on the road.

2) Drop a call to Chris Jericho. He may not be interested in TNA but, who knows, offer him the right deal with ample time for him to do the whole Fozzy thing, maybe he'd be interested.

3) Get rid of the Knockouts Tag Titles

4) Give Bully Ray a World Title run

5) Bring back the 6 sided ring

6) Work with ROH like WWE worked with ECW in the 90s

Dubs
10-21-2012, 09:58 AM
I'm surprised people want the 6-sided ring back. I honestly hated it and thought it was too gimmicky.

Dubs
10-21-2012, 10:02 AM
1) I would take Impact out of the Impact Zone and on the road.

2) Drop a call to Chris Jericho. He may not be interested in TNA but, who knows, offer him the right deal with ample time for him to do the whole Fozzy thing, maybe he'd be interested.

3) Get rid of the Knockouts Tag Titles

4) Give Bully Ray a World Title run

5) Bring back the 6 sided ring

6) Work with ROH like WWE worked with ECW in the 90s
I agree with the bolded ones. Especially Bully Ray getting a run with the TNA World title. I see him being a TNA World champion early next year.

Rockstar83
10-21-2012, 10:31 AM
Bully Ray honestly has done alot for TNA if you think about it, last Thursday you heared the fans chant Bully to face Devon. This shows that they (The Fans) are ready now for Bully to be TNA Champion....he's like molded into it now. And about 6 sides I thought it was cleaver because they were different and they didnt want to be the same. I think the only ring with 6 sides now is Triple A on a spanish Station. Of course I think there Ref's in AAA dont even know what they are doing

CM Rock-Austin
10-21-2012, 01:35 PM

5.) Take away two PPVs

Beside the bolded part, I 100% agree with this!!

RedDevilSativa
10-21-2012, 03:27 PM
i don't really think there is anything wrong with tna at the moment ive only been watching it for 6months and its a nice change from wwe. but if i owned it i would

1.take it on the road so you get more fans interested
2. nake ric flair as a vince mcmahon type personality who owns the company
3. have eric bischoff as gm
4. fire brooke hogan
5. make bully ray and samoa joe and bobby rhoode and austin aeries the top heels
6. make aj styles kurt angle james storm jeffhardy as top faces
7. repackage the tv title so it more important like the intercontinental used to be
8. make more tag teams

lewism173
10-21-2012, 06:55 PM
since when does TNA need fixed ?,it's not prefect but a wrestling company can't be prefect , a wrestling company has never been prefect. If I was to change thing's I would personally take in indy guys for the x division and if any are really good hire them.

I would rotate more in the world title scene, for example we haven't had Joe, AJ or Anderson around there a while, but Aries, Hardy, roode have had a lot of time to work with the title or chasing the title and should take a step back for a while.

The Knockouts need to go back to having more involved. For the last year TNA has replied on Mickie James, Madison Rayne, tessmacher and kim to keep the division going (mostly ODB has done her bit same with tara and tiffany) But we need to actually use the knockouts tag titles again, use girls like rostia, sarita and hopefully taylor Hendricks when she gets promoted to the full roster.

I think the TV title is being mad more important already thanks to Joe.

The Tag division seems alright but they have had there little fantasy teams for long enough back to real tag teams (hernandez and chavo, Daniels and Kaz, Gunner and kash,the robbies ) that's not to say they can't give crimson a tag partner but they need to make it another guy on his level and keep them together for a good time. A team doesn't have to start in the company together , beer money, mcmg , aj and Daniels all got together cus they needed a tag partner and the chemistry came along after.

Working with ROH would be nice but honestly I doubt ROH would do it. But other promotions working with them is possible.

Obviously go on the road ALOT more.

Start using gut check guys more to make it mean something.

Obviously you can tell from the way I started this that all these thing's won't happen. The ones I see being more likely to happen are. Tag teams been used better, rotation in the main title picture and more focus on gutcheck guys. Knockouts and going on the road will happen at one point but both will be slower processes. Working with other company's and using more indy guys are the long shots.

lewism173
10-21-2012, 07:02 PM
Beside the bolded part, I 100% agree with this!!
a lot of those are not possible, for example to just make a huge heel or face is impossible , you can't just fire people left right and center like this guy, first of all to fire sting or hogan could cost a lot using them less until there contact is up is a lot more realistic. Also if you fire half the roster and hire a new roster the chemistry you had is gone , work with talent don't fire them if it ain't working.

I don't think you can go on the road and pay the roster more and throw the money around. If they need to pay a bit more to James storm, Aj , Joe or anyone who they fear mite leave do it. But it's more important to go on the road than give all you're roster a pay raise

Playboy Stevie V
10-21-2012, 08:46 PM

I was just discussing this particular subject with my brother. Without going into too much details, if I bought TNA and wanted to give WWE a run for It's money, for me It's pretty simple. I would hire Paul Heyman, if he would do it and have him run the whole damn thing from top to bottom. He did wonders with ECW, so imagine if he had more money to play with.

Lucas Chapel
10-22-2012, 01:52 AM
1.) Go back to the six sided ring like said earlier - YES, this needs to happen ASAP.

2.) Fire Hogan and Sting because they don't offer enough to TNA at the moment - I enjoy seeing Hogan and Sting as authority figures as they are now. They don't take up too much TV time any more and they're not wrestling much either; so that's all good.

3.) Put the Austin Aries World Heavyweight Championship back as the World Championship - A brilliant idea, TNA need to cement Aries as World Champ again.

4.) Scrap the Television title and repackage it as the Breaking Point Championship(a championship that can only be won by submission) Not thought of this before; I like the idea of it.

5.) Take away two PPVs - Good idea for a little while whilst TNA find their feet.

6.) End the BFG Series two weeks earlier to give the champion and challenger a good amount of time to hype up their feud God yes. No where near enough build.

7.) Have more title changes on television to let fans know that anything can happen on an episode of Impact! - All ways a good one.

8.) Recreate the tag team division to really build it up again - I miss the glory days of TNA's tag team division.

9.) Stop with having giant stables every year - I like Aces & Eights; so I don't mind this giant stable, providing it's the last one for a few years.

10.) Create a John Cena, Hulk Hogan, Stone Cold, or Rock(Top Face) This is a must

11.) Create a HHH, Edge, Roddy Piper, or Ric Flair(Top Heel) This is a must

14.) Move out of the Impact! Zone - So important. This could make TNA.

15.) Cut one third of the roster - Anyone over 40 could go, maybe except Daniels. To be fair I don't really think TNA needs to cut the roster, providing they're pushing the right people.

16.) Bring in a heel authority figure - No I don't think TNA needs a heel authority figure, it's been done to death so many times over the past 10 years in pro wrestling. I'd like to have Hogan as the "Vice President/ GM" and Sting as the "Director Of Authority", but make them impartial, like Jack Tunny used to be.

17.) Make my show appeal to the teen market - I think TNA should be that little bit more edgey. Doesn't have to be ECW round 2 or CZW or anything like that, but what I'd like to see his the odd swear word hear and there, not all the time just once a month or so. Again, blood used realistically and generously in grudge matches where it means something (ie Storm - Roode). What's wrong with a little female frontal nudity every couple of months? This is wrestling; it happens you know. What about gripping storylines that whilst keep you tuning in for more, don't insult your intelligence (a la Claire Lynch)

18.) Pay my superstars better and give them guaranteed to contracts so they perform better - Sounds good to me

20.) Stop with the push one week, stop the next - TNA need to have their top 5 babyfaces and top five heel and run with that for a couple of years without loads of face/ heel turns all the time. And big pushes/ non pushes need to stop.

21.) Emphasize every championship and make sure it is a point of the show - Every championship needs to have an interesting storyline relating to it. Remember when the X Devision and Tag Team championships used to be defended in the main events of iMPACT!?

22.) Stop having celebrities punk my superstars - Celebs on Impact is good as long as it's tasteful like Shaq was the other week.

24.) Use ROH like WWF used ECW - YES! This could bring TNA the next round of major stars it needs

25.) Fire anyone who thinks there bigger then the company - Again, another really good point.

You've hit the nail on the head with this. That's pretty much exactly what I'd do with TNA too; I also might invest in a wellness policy akin to WWE's one.

My main event picture would look like:

1. AJ Styles
2. Aries
3. Kaz
4. Magnus
5. Kurt Angle
6. Jeff Hardy
7. Pope
8. Bully Ray Dudley
9. Matt Morgan
10. Bobby Roode
11. James Storm
12. Mike Knox (as the leader of Aces & Eights)
13. Abyss

Not in any order, that's just who I'd have cemented as my main event level wrestlers over the next couple of years.

My upper mid card (TV Championship Division) would consist of:

1. Mr. Anderson
2. Samoa Joe
3. Rob Terry (split from Robby E)
4. RVD
5. Zema Ion
6. Doug Williams
7. Robby E
8. Gunner
9. D-Von Dudley and the rest of Aces and Eights (Luke Gallows, Wes Briscoe, Chris Masters, Garrett Bischoff, Crimson etc)
10. Hernandez and Chavo
11. Harry Smith

X Division would consist of:

1. Zema Ion
2. Chavo Geurrero
3. Chris Sabin
4. Kid Kash
5. Sonjay Dutt
6. Jay Lethal (for god sake bring him back)
7. Jesse Sorenson
8. Dakota Darsow
9. Kenny King (push him!)
10. Douglas Williams
11. Ultimo Dragon (I'm just a mark for this guy and want to see him back on TV)
12. Psychosis
12. Super Crazy
13. Teddy Hart
14. Divari

Tag Team Division:

1. Brisco Brothers
2. Young Guns
3. Kash and Gunner
4. World's Greatest Tag Team
5. Basham Brothers
6. Chavo and Hendandez
7. Teddy Hart and Harry Smith
8. Super Crazy & Psychosis

Hulk Hogan as Vice President, Brooke as head of Knockout and Sting as "Director Of Authority" (assistant GM) who is also a part time wrestler. These 3 don't need to be the focal point of every show, just need to show up once every 2 or 3 weeks to be an impartial GM role. I'd like for Eric Bischoff to be credited as being the Producer too because everyone knows he still works for TNA and it's insulting the fans intelligence by pretending he's nothing to do with the product.

With a bunch of ROH wrestlers and King Mo thrown into the mix, this would be my dream TNA portrait.

If I had enough money to buy TNA, they I'd probs also have enough to stick it on a decent TV network and give it enough promoting and advertising to get it noticed by the right target audience too.

PSOjedi
10-22-2012, 02:26 AM
1st thing I would do is creating a new brand, and have 2 shows just like RAW & SD, so the superstars would have more TV time. I would not introduce new Titles, and all the champs can be on both shows. Get rid of the Tag Team Knockout belts, they are useless.

DK Wrestling Savior
10-22-2012, 09:18 AM

I've blogged about this before during the half a billion dollar Powerball a few months back. If I won that, I would have bought TNA and changed just about everything. So, as a hypthetical, here's the changes I would make.

1. Get off Spike TV. Try for FX or another station with a more broad and diverse audience. On a station that consistently shows Manswers, 1000 Ways to Die, and Star Wars reruns, you have no reach.

2. Create stars. They need to market their product. The reason nobody watches it now, is because nobody knows who these guys are. People are so hung up on the ex-WWE guys who they see as past their prime, that they don't even give the show a chance. They need to make true faces of TNA. Bobby Roode, Austin Aries, James Storm, these guys are perfect. They need to get them doing promotional appearances, talk shows, etc. Then when it comes time to do media blitzes, it should be these guys doing them.

3. Bischoff and Hogan have to go. Hogan is still a big time celebrity, but not in the wrestling world. He's known more now for sex tapes, his reality shows, his divorce, and sadly, his son's death. As for Bischoff, let him do something behind the scenes for the business aspect of it, but as far as having really anything to do with the wrestling side of things, NO. NO. NO. NO. NO!!!. He's got NWO and Goldberg to his name and both are approaching 20 years ago. He's good on the mic and can play a great character, but nobody wants to see him anymore. I think Dixie Carter has relied way too much on him and Hogan. They both gots to go.

4. A second show. Not only do they need a new station, they need a second show. They have too much young talent that they leave off their weekly show because of the need for segments involving Hogan. This week we have championship Thursday which means we'll have another 4 or 5 segments where Hogan is sucking away valuable TV time. They should do a second show, even if for only an hour, in an odd timeslot like WCW's Saturday Night used to be. Saturday at 6pm. Feature some X Division matches, some secondary storyline building, take some time recap Impact, and hold those tapings in the Impact Zone the way they used to. Film back to back episodes on consecutive days or something, to eliminate travel.

5. Get on the road. I cannot stress this enough. Tour college campuses. College kids love when events come to campus. $10 a ticket will sell out any college arena. Start small, and build a name for yourself. Hit some lower division schools like Florida Atlantic, Louisiana Monroe, UAB, etc. But not only that, get out and about more. Don't just limit yourself to the southeast corner. Do they want to be territorial, or do they want to become big time? Get up to the northeast. Get out west. Get into Canada, the native homeland of one of your top stars. There's so much potential, but they limit themselves. Sometimes, to succeed in business, you need to invest and take risks. This is one they should take.

6. Move to Monday Night. Take WWE on man to man. How many viewers would switch over to watch Impact if Alberto Del Rio came out, spewed on for 10 minutes prior to his match with Santion? Or If Brodus Clay were dancing around like a fool before his match against Yoshi Tatsu? Don't be afraid. How much worse can your ratings get?

There's so much more, but work comes first. These are just some major format ideas.

Los Conquistador
10-22-2012, 12:56 PM
since when does TNA need fixed ?

when ratings suffer, marketing plans fail and storylines just aren't paying off for the time invested in them

if i could fix it,
1. push young, hungry, homegrown talent, let older established stars take a step back and put these goes over in a clean way, NO more legends knocking themselves out on a steel chair.
2. stop spending so much on one off c-list celebrity appearances, they don't work
3. tone down the storylines, they over exaggerate and come across like that south park episode
4. take hogan off tv, he doesn't do anything except waste time. use him in a behind the scenes role occasionally have him make an appearance, if he knows as much about building a company as he claims, use him for that primarily
5. less gimmick matches, more actual wrestling. when gimmick matches finally do appear, they are more appreciated not overkilled (this counts double for wager matches)
6. officially change to Impact Wrestling because the "Total Non-stop Action" name sucks.

lewism173
10-22-2012, 02:57 PM
when ratings suffer, marketing plans fail and storylines just aren't paying off for the time invested in them

if i could fix it,
1. push young, hungry, homegrown talent, let older established stars take a step back and put these goes over in a clean way, NO more legends knocking themselves out on a steel chair.
2. stop spending so much on one off c-list celebrity appearances, they don't work
3. tone down the storylines, they over exaggerate and come across like that south park episode
4. take hogan off tv, he doesn't do anything except waste time. use him in a behind the scenes role occasionally have him make an appearance, if he knows as much about building a company as he claims, use him for that primarily
5. less gimmick matches, more actual wrestling. when gimmick matches finally do appear, they are more appreciated not overkilled (this counts double for wager matches)
6. officially change to Impact Wrestling because the "Total Non-stop Action" name sucks.
You work on things you can't just change everything and expect it too work, Matt Morgan just returned, Abyss will return or atleast his situation will be explained , aces and will hoefuly introduce new wrestlers.

I don't think you under stand, TNA is the brand, impact wrestling is the show. Like wwe and RAW so you don't just take away the TNA completely because that ruins a heap of merc etc.

Also weather us on the internet like it or not Jeff Hardy as champion Is a huge draw. Let TNA grown and stop try to change it and it mite be better if wwe had been changing the name, firing people and getting rid of people who like it or not draw casual fans I doubt wwe would be around today

Los Conquistador
10-22-2012, 10:01 PM
You work on things you can't just change everything and expect it too work, Matt Morgan just returned, Abyss will return or atleast his situation will be explained , aces and will hoefuly introduce new wrestlers.

I don't think you under stand, TNA is the brand, impact wrestling is the show. Like wwe and RAW so you don't just take away the TNA completely because that ruins a heap of merc etc.

Also weather us on the internet like it or not Jeff Hardy as champion Is a huge draw. Let TNA grown and stop try to change it and it mite be better if wwe had been changing the name, firing people and getting rid of people who like it or not draw casual fans I doubt wwe would be around today

1. do it gradually, not all at once, obviously
2. they are doing well with returns but Jeff hardy champion over Aries, i don't like that, neither do a lot of people here
3. in order for TNA to have brand names, they should establish more than just the one, there's a lot they could do with that extra hour other than TNA rewind
4. The name still sucks, and merchandise can be changed and sold at discount as a prelude to ushering in change. its not that crazy an idea as the guys in charge almost did it recently
5. like you said, Jeff hardy is a huge draw, the top draw, why would he need the extra exposure of the world title, couldn't they use it to try bring someone else up to hardy's level also

your last sentence is incomprehensible, your grammar is need of spell-check like a diabetic needs insulin and this is a thread on what we personally would feel would help TNA, irrelevant for someone to tell us we are wrong or try to breakdown our personnel opinions. you're just wasting your own time

Ozzy Mandias
10-23-2012, 03:47 AM
I wonder how much TNA would cost?

magglis
10-23-2012, 04:10 AM
People you only "FIXING" TNA the way you like it

lewism173
10-23-2012, 07:49 AM
1. do it gradually, not all at once, obviously
2. they are doing well with returns but Jeff hardy champion over Aries, i don't like that, neither do a lot of people here
3. in order for TNA to have brand names, they should establish more than just the one, there's a lot they could do with that extra hour other than TNA rewind
4. The name still sucks, and merchandise can be changed and sold at discount as a prelude to ushering in change. its not that crazy an idea as the guys in charge almost did it recently
5. like you said, Jeff hardy is a huge draw, the top draw, why would he need the extra exposure of the world title, couldn't they use it to try bring someone else up to hardy's level also

your last sentence is incomprehensible, your grammar is need of spell-check like a diabetic needs insulin and this is a thread on what we personally would feel would help TNA, irrelevant for someone to tell us we are wrong or try to breakdown our personnel opinions. you're just wasting your own time

I don't know why you are trying to insult me.

You didn't say it would be gradual so no it was not "obvious"

Why put the title on him ? well one it keeps hardy happy, 2 it keeps kids happy and 3 they give him the custom belt to sell merch.

Also if you can't handle someone debating with you or disagreeing with you're opinions I don't think a forum site is right for you

Automatic
10-23-2012, 08:59 AM
People you only "FIXING" TNA the way you like it

This is all just fantasy booking. It has almost nothing to do with fixing anything.

body slam
10-23-2012, 12:49 PM
One thing I would do a little different is I would go for shock factor and bring in the biggest free agents available. But only for short term use 2 maybe 3 PPVs.

Reduce the roster to a core group. Then use a revolving door of talent to keep things fresh. Again using short term contracts. If they are able to get over sign them long term.

Do away with Lock Down ppv.

Los Conquistador
10-24-2012, 08:54 AM
I don't know why you are trying to insult me.

You didn't say it would be gradual so no it was not "obvious"

Why put the title on him ? well one it keeps hardy happy, 2 it keeps kids happy and 3 they give him the custom belt to sell merch.

Also if you can't handle someone debating with you or disagreeing with you're opinions I don't think a forum site is right for you
for this to be a debate, you would need credible rebuttals that would counteract my proposals, not pale in comparison under the weight of spelling errors, nonsensical sentences and getting so defensive about a hypothetical "What if" topic

and i'm not being insulting, i'm simply debating on higher level that dissects your opinions, as you trying to do mine

magglis
10-24-2012, 05:28 PM
This is all just fantasy booking. It has almost nothing to do with fixing anything.
That's what i wanted to say actually

Darkside Ron Garvin
10-24-2012, 10:28 PM
Booking aside,

(1) Top priority would be to get TNA out of the Impact Zone. We left the Asylum, now it's time to leave Florida more often. I'd say twice a month until a fan base is established full and hold only 1 PPV there a year, kind of an "in honor of" thing. TNA has done real well with the "College Campus" route. Slammiversary and BFG were both very successful.

(2) Strong arm Spike. If you are not going to try to leave the station, at least make Spike understand that they need you more than you need them. Impact does excellent numbers in the UK on Challenge (I believe) and with the threat of showing just how much backing the promotion has on a worldwide scale, they should be able to get Spike to actually promote the show, help to drop the monthly PPV down to 8 total, feature a "Clash of Champions" free, 3 hour event every few months (in place of the PPVs they drop they could host these at the Impact Zone... Only difference is that the fans would get a PPV quality event for free to help promote the show), and even grant another hour (or two) for a second show. This would be where you put these younger guys in their moment to try and make something of their characters. Not in a big group of people who haven't been introduced to the audience. Also, I'd like to see the Spin Cycle featured on this show. If anyone follows it on the internet, Borash has great chemistry with all his guests and it's a very entertaining aspect of TNA.

(3) Hopefully, those on the roster with TNA at the moment have the AJ/Daniels/Storm/Roode/Kaz mentality in that they want to do everything they can to make TNA as successful as possible. Anyone without that attitude needs to go. I love Hogan and think he plays a great role for where he is, but when I hear him on talk shows, he spends more time self promoting than pushing the company he currently works for. The man is and always will be a mainstay in the wrestling business, but he doesn't seem to push Impact as anything other than where he's currently employed. I think Sting in the GM position makes a better choice because Sting has always pushed the questions of HIS past aside and focused on Impact and how great he loves working for the company. I wouldn't have half hearted workers on my staff; I'd have those who wanted to make my product the most recognizable name in my field.

(4) I would hire a research team that screens my target audience. Interactive polls on Xbox live, PSN, or other medium to actually screen what my audience has a taste for and what they don't quite like. I know that in order to tell a proper story, I will have my ups and downs, but that's where I'd have to weigh the decision as to if I think the payoff is worth the build. I would also have this research team crunching the numbers for my minute by minute on ratings. I'd have as much research focused on my core product as possible, because I honestly don't think TNA knows what their audience likes or dislikes other than tweets sent by fans.

(5) I would allow my creative team to actually let the talent have more freedom with their characters. Not the dreaded "creative control" but rather allow them to have an input as to how the character they play would truly react to the interaction they are involved in. If you read some of the comments in regards to the "kidnapping" of Hogan and Sting, you could see that they didn't believe it to be a "smart" move. They understood that it was far too "hokey" and disagreed, but went along with it. With more creative input, there is more ability for characters to flourish. This would also require the product to steer FAR away from the reality TV feel that the show has. When the characters feel confident with what they are saying, the product feels much more authentic.

Ozzy Mandias
11-11-2012, 09:02 AM
Do away with Lock Down ppv.

Why would you do that exactly?