PDA

View Full Version : Whatever happened to creative tag team names?

Peter Kaymakcian
10-18-2012, 07:51 PM
How'd we go from Motor City Machine Gus and Beer Money Inc. to just Daniels and Kash, Chavo Guerrero and Hernendez, and Kash and Gunner? Where are the creative tag team names that used to be there?

Dameduse823
10-18-2012, 07:54 PM
How'd we go from Motor City Machine Gus and Beer Money Inc. to just Daniels and Kash, Chavo Guerrero and Hernendez, and Kash and Gunner? Where are the creative tag team names that used to be there?

Unfortunately thats what happens when two guys are shoved together just because theres nothing else for them to do

HOTDwwwyki
10-18-2012, 08:15 PM
Dameduse823 is right on the money.

THE HEARTBREAK KID
10-18-2012, 08:28 PM
Unfortunately thats what happens when two guys are shoved together just because theres nothing else for them to do

Pretty much this ^^

Rockstar83
10-18-2012, 09:26 PM

Couldn't said it better.

Nexus n' Eights
10-19-2012, 02:56 AM

Agreed.When was the last time 2 geniune brothers or atleast ''brothers" where a top tag team in WWE or TNA?

Cabers
10-19-2012, 01:56 PM
They stopped about the same time that creative stopped coming up with new storylines.

Lowki
10-19-2012, 03:45 PM
Agreed.When was the last time 2 geniune brothers or atleast ''brothers" where a top tag team in WWE or TNA?
Why do tag teams have to be "related"? Just because people aren't related, doesn't mean they are thrown together. Besides the Hardyz, Edge and Christian and Dudleyz, are among the best "relative tag teams" that were a top team in WWE, and their names are hardly creative...
There's also Uso's, Epico and Primo; again not creative.

A lot more "non-relation" teams got names, compared to relative teams, that seem to just take the family name (or have each others first name). Hart Foundation and british bulldog were probably one of the few that actually got a name.

Anyway, to answer your question; for WWE it was the basham brothers and team 3d in TNA. (Uso's haven't won the belts so can't be the top team)

TheGreatOne
10-19-2012, 03:45 PM
They just kind of threw guys together like they are doing now. Tattoo guys like Kash/Gunner; Hernandez/Chavo mexican history

Dubs
10-20-2012, 09:30 AM
They just kind of threw guys together like they are doing now. Tattoo guys like Kash/Gunner; Hernandez/Chavo mexican history
They've always done that though. They've done that with the MCMG, Beer Money, and Ink Inc. It works if they have chemistry with one another (like Christopher Daniels and Kaz) but I don't see any chemistry with teams like Chavo and Hernandez along with Kash and Gunner which is why those teams are clicking for me.

HCollins-TNA1
10-20-2012, 10:27 AM
In TNA case as someone said they only have 2 writers, then 5 or 6 excuctives or producers... You only can do so much with what you have.... Not every tag team needs a name... although it is nice if some are for the characters to relate to the fans....

Cobra Commander
10-20-2012, 10:40 AM
I agree that it suck not to have real tag team names anymore. I think Kaz and Daniels is a good enough team to have a name though. The rest of them is like one of the first poster said and they are just sticking people together.

While I am here I really don't like Chavo and Super Mex being the tag champions. I think they both need to be singles competitors. Put Chavo in the Z division and put Super Mex in the TV title division. They both could win the gold there. In a matter of fact I thin Hernandez could be in the World title run if they gave him a good constant push.