PDA

View Full Version : Wrestlers in real life

jman
08-31-2010, 07:38 PM
just wondered peoples opinions on wrestlers they have meet. dont start using this an excuse to start slagging off but just wondered how people come across in person

eyehatecena
08-31-2010, 10:07 PM
Only one I met was a former WWE guy- John Hiedenriech while eating at a Pizza Hut. He was in town doing an indy show, plus he lived in the area at the time-New Orleans. He was actually pretty cool and made time for some people who reconizied him.

JLeeDude1892
08-31-2010, 10:08 PM
Hands down, nicest person I have met is Tommy Dreamer. One hell of a guy.
John Cena is also one of the nicest guys.
Santino is one of those Superstars that is just kinda there.
Animal from L.O.D. is also a super nice guy.
I met all of the NXT Season 2 Rookies, and they were all extremely nice, especially Lucky Cannon and Percy Watson.
IRS, Haku, Jerry Brisco, Jimmy Snuka and Ricky Steamboat are also really nice.
I've met a few others, including Divas, but these are the main ones.

eyehatecena
08-31-2010, 10:21 PM
A few of my classmates at college had met Cena while they were on a fieldtrip to New Orleans. Cena was in town filming 12 Rounds(I think thats the name, it was his second one), and they said he was very nice as were some of the other cast of the movie.

nrb6304
09-01-2010, 11:38 AM
Mick Foley, was one of the most awesome guys I've met. He took the time to write a letter to a wrestler that was in the hospital that he had worked with a couple of times in Japan. Took him about 3 or 4 minutes to write a full page letter to him.
Shawn Michaels is a super funny down to Earth guy, I live in San Antonio (well outskirts of it) and have bumped into him like 20 times lol.
Matt Striker, is up there with Mick Foley. I'll tell you, I cannot ever boo him for the class he showed to me and everybody. This was Royal Rumble weekend 2007? (Cena/Umaga LMS) And I was having all the superstars signing a shirt. And I had been ragging him all day so finally he takes a marker draws a tie on it sand says "Here's a tie from your favorite teacher! Now you're my #1 student!" lmao it was great.
Umm I've met The Hooligans and Ashley, they were just kinda...there.
Tommy Dreamer was extremly nice and talked to me for a while about the old ECW days.

By far the funniest and coolest guy I've met was Striker, he was just pure class and I can't ever boo him just because of it.

Tha Crows Nest
09-01-2010, 12:08 PM
I have met Kid Kash and even though he seems like a dick he is actually pretty cool. Same with Tracy Smothers. These two have been working and visiting at a local independent promotion a buddy of mine works for so I have met them all in the locker room and they are class acts and hella funny to fuck around with and goof off. Kash loves to do a little drinking also lol.

SgtGohan
09-01-2010, 12:39 PM
ive never actually met one, since i live in the netherlands.. i do hope to ever meet one.

pklee527
09-01-2010, 01:25 PM
RVD is a friend of mine so I can say hands down that he is a real cool guy. Very laid back.

When I was in HS, I met Sting, Nikita and Luger. Sting and Nikita were very cool and even took a photo with me backstage while taking down the ring. When I saw sting at the NWA reunion a few weeks ago, I walked in the room and he looked at me and pointed and said "Savannah, you took down the ring." I was so shocked because that was 22 years ago!

I also saw Nikita that weekend and spoke with him again and he is a Godly man.

I spent much time with skandor Akbar and he was so kind. We had breakfast with Ted DeBiase and talked a long time. Both men were kind and treated me as ifwe knew each other for years. Ted is also a Godly man. Very grounded.

I cought up with greg Valentine, the Patriot, and Tully Blanchard. All were extremely kind and took time with me. I was surrounded by greatness that weekend. Bryan Danielson flew home with me on the same plane, also very kind.

The Sandman, lets just say he has some issues that he needs to overcome.

Bodom
09-01-2010, 02:12 PM
Iv met AJ and Daniels, they were really cool guys. SoCalVal was a sweetheart too.

Awesome Kong was really down to earth too, only one that went out of her way to greet fans after an Impact taping and sign stuff

TLK
09-01-2010, 04:26 PM
As i work at major airport in London, I have only Met 2 wrestlers and a manager.

Ron Simmons was really polite and very friendly
Greg Valentine And Jimmy Hart also seemed to be 2 genuinely decent guys.

Mr Perfect
09-01-2010, 04:39 PM
I've meet a few wrestlers in my life such as.
Bob Backlund I was pretty young so I don't really remember it all that well. But he seemed very friendly, he also gave me an autograph.
Bam Bam Bigelow at a house show at a local arena. Meet him before the show seemed like a very down to earth guy.
Goldust & Marlena(Terri Runnels) didn't talk to either for very long, I was a little too busy looking at Terri ;)
King Kong Bundy at an autograph signing, he played into the crowed extremely well so he was a lot of fun.

I would have loved to have meet Mr Perfect and Owen Hart.. R.I.P

Bodom
09-01-2010, 04:57 PM
I've meet a few wrestlers in my life such as.
Bob Backlund I was pretty young so I don't really remember it all that well. But he seemed very friendly, he also gave me an autograph.
Bam Bam Bigelow at a house show at a local arena. Meet him before the show seemed like a very down to earth guy.
Goldust & Marlena(Terri Runnels) didn't talk to either for very long, I was a little too busy looking at Terri ;)
King Kong Bundy at an autograph signing, he played into the crowed extremely well so he was a lot of fun.

I would have loved to have meet Mr Perfect and Owen Hart.. R.I.P

Im jealous. I would have loved to meet BamBam

Jericho227
09-01-2010, 10:44 PM
when I lived in Reno, when SD came to town in May 2004. My friend at that time klnew where they were staying, If I had know the guys I was about to meet,I defiently would have brought my camera, now a lot of them were having drinks, so it was obvious that not all of them were going to be able to sign autorgraphs, but the ones who did:

the Dudley Boys: These guys were very nice, very down-to earth and took the time to catch up with some of the fans
Rey Mysterio: Very approachable, very cool, when he noticed that there was a group of us, he did come over to sign autographs

Now this next one is PERHAPS MY GREATEST WWE MEMORY

Now when I was getting Rey's autograph, a huge commotion occured behind me. It was Eddie Guerrero, Eddie was very nice and he clearly loved his fans, because instead of joining the otheer SD Stars at that time, who were at the bar, he went to the group of fans that had gathered. He just soaked it in, allowing us to meet him and talk to him. And yes I got to meet and shake his hand. At that time, I never thought I would ever get to meet someone like Eddie and I did. he was a true class act and my memory of meeting the guy will forever be in my memory.

Jaitsu
09-01-2010, 11:59 PM
Hacksaw Jim Duggan.

met him when he did a show for a small promotion in my hometown, he won the last match then did autographs, there was a large line but he was very nice, talking and laughing, joking and being very friendly with every single person in line, shook his hand. he was a very nice guy.

mgtstc
09-02-2010, 11:20 PM
I agree about Jim Duggan. Met him at a show once. He signed autographs and took pictures with everyone. A kid in a wheelchair came up and he took extra time with that kid. VERY CLASSY.

The Pike
09-03-2010, 03:20 AM
My buddy was dating Rick Fuller's daughter for awhile and said he was a scary son of a bitch... but a good guy (and his daughter is hot.)

AGEOFFALL
09-05-2010, 12:24 AM
Met Cena once. Say what you want to say about the Cena you see on television but in real life he is one of the nicest guys ever. Also Jericho is also a pretty nice guy.

SilverGhost
09-05-2010, 01:43 AM
I wish I can meet a wrestler in real life.

Rich Cranium
12-27-2010, 12:40 PM
I met Paul Orndorff as a kid being he grew up with my father and he was a gentlemen!

*I'd love to meet The Iron Sheik just for the laughs!

The Brown One
12-27-2010, 04:18 PM
I wish I can meet a wrestler in real life.

I thought you out of all people must have!

Flyyisha
12-27-2010, 08:49 PM
Edge total jack ass BOTH times I met him
Santino he was nice
Victoria sweethearrt
Chavo ice the 1st time bitch the 2nd.
Orton was a doll both times
Cena was a sweetie both times
Cody was nice 1st timne a bitch the 2nd.
Chuck Palumbo bitch i called hin a bitch 2 his face too and he walked away.
Val Venis was cool
Jesse & festus cool
Kizarny was totally cool
Matt Hardy Cool
Jeff Hardy was cool
RTruth was nice as pie
Jack Swagger was a sweetie
Ziggler was cool
Taker was cool
Mark Henry was cool
Pyscho Sid was cool
Jtg was the sweetest!!!

The Brown One
12-27-2010, 09:38 PM
Edge total jack ass BOTH times I met him

Really? What did he say?

Flyyisha
12-28-2010, 10:45 PM
Really? What did he say?

1st time it was Orton, Edge adn Val. Me and my friend walk up to them. I tell themI enjoyed myself they had a great time and I really apprciate their line of work. Edge rolls his eyes at us and nastly asked how old we were.

2nd time it was Edge and Kizarny. Kizarny was a cool dude laughin talkking takin pics and signing autographs. That jackass edge yells in front of other wrestlers "WHY ARE YOU TALKIN TO THEM" and Matt hardy and Victoria was like relax they are fans

The Brown One
12-28-2010, 11:06 PM
1st time it was Orton, Edge adn Val. Me and my friend walk up to them. I tell themI enjoyed myself they had a great time and I really apprciate their line of work. Edge rolls his eyes at us and nastly asked how old we were.

2nd time it was Edge and Kizarny. Kizarny was a cool dude laughin talkking takin pics and signing autographs. That jackass edge yells in front of other wrestlers "WHY ARE YOU TALKIN TO THEM" and Matt hardy and Victoria was like relax they are fans

Weird. Wasn't Edge there to sign autographs and take pics in the first place?? It seems that he was being a real dick then. I'm surprised he wants to write a childrens book when he retires from wrestling.

tittle97
12-28-2010, 11:40 PM
When me and my girlfirend were driving through Lemont (Chicago suburb) we saw Cm Punk running. We pulled over and he was totally cool. I met Hall, Nash and Syxx they were really cool too. In May I went to a TNA house show in Hammond Indiana. Well my friends all got hammered and thought it was a great idea to try to sneak backstage since the Hammond Civic Center is as small as a high school gym. So we get backstage by the locker rooms and bump into AJ. He looks us up and down and asks "who are you all supossed to be? Are you lost?" Then D Lo popped his head around a corner and yelled GET OUT! They were both just messing with us and signed some stuff, it was just funny as hell.

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
12-29-2010, 12:03 AM
I met Doink the Clown (probably not the original, but one of them) and King Kong Bundy when I was a lot younger. They were both nice and sign autographs for me and Bundy actually took a picture with me with his hand around my throat, it was pretty cool. I don't attempt to meet any of the guys now because I don't want to bother them. I know us fans have a right to ask for autographs considering that we more or less pay their salaries, but I know if I were in their position, I would in all likelihood be a total dick and not want to sign autographs or meet and greet with anyone.

JohnnyPhantom
12-29-2010, 12:17 AM
I havent met many but Sabu was an odd one. There was a little indy fed traveling through Mid michigan (that wasnt ROH) and he happened to be one of the guest stars. He was nice but seemed really out of it... like all those chair shots may have scrambled his brains lol He signed some stuff and talked with fans for awhile so it was cool to see him in that element.

The Brown One
12-29-2010, 02:08 AM
I havent met many but Sabu was an odd one. There was a little indy fed traveling through Mid michigan (that wasnt ROH) and he happened to be one of the guest stars. He was nice but seemed really out of it... like all those chair shots may have scrambled his brains lol He signed some stuff and talked with fans for awhile so it was cool to see him in that element.

Sabus a stoner remember? Its a known fact.

AlterBridge
12-29-2010, 05:08 AM
I met MVP in Adelaide this year while I was visiting some family, and he was GREAT. He was a bit tired from the Smackdown! tour, but he took time to greet the fans, sign some stuff, and seemed genuinely happy to see us all cheering him. Real nice guy, it's a shame WWE don't have him anymore because from what I saw, he took time to connect with the fans.

Also, Stone Cold Steve Austin trained at my mum's gym for a few weeks as they were shooting his movie nearby, but they weren't allowed to ask for autographs or bother him during his workouts, which is fair enough. My ma got a few glimpses of him, and said he was HUGE. :D

Kashdinero
12-29-2010, 05:12 AM
When I was about 10 I met the Genius Lanny Poffo at the opening of this little wrestling shop. The next week in the local newspaper, There was a picture of the Genius with me and my friend in headlocks.... I still have his autographed book of poems.... Lol

I worked at the first Insurection PPV in Earls Court, London.... Met Bull Buchanon, Paul Bearer, (both nice guys) Big Show (he asked for a cigarette). Breifly met Davey Boy Smith who was too Busy/Stoned to talk and just mumbled something. Also saw Vince, Stephanie, HHH, Rikishi, Road Dogg (alone in the rafters), Crash Holly and a few others.... This was the event that The Kat Stacey Karter flashed the crowd... Man those were the days.

Had some drinks and talked wrestling in a nightclub, with Alex Shane, Bryan Danielson and Cary Silken. Nuff said :cool:

The Brown One
12-29-2010, 05:44 AM
When I was about 10 I met the Genius Lanny Poffo at the opening of this little wrestling shop. The next week in the local newspaper, There was a picture of the Genius with me and my friend in headlocks.... I still have his autographed book of poems.... Lol

I worked at the first Insurection PPV in Earls Court, London.... Met Bull Buchanon, Paul Bearer, (both nice guys) Big Show (he asked for a cigarette). Breifly met Davey Boy Smith who was too Busy/Stoned to talk and just mumbled something. Also saw Vince, Stephanie, HHH, Rikishi, Road Dogg (alone in the rafters), Crash Holly and a few others.... This was the event that The Kat Stacey Karter flashed the crowd... Man those were the days.

Had some drinks and talked wrestling in a nightclub, with Alex Shane, Bryan Danielson and Cary Silken. Nuff said :cool:

You got to work at a ppv? Doing what? And I don't believe the thing in the nightclub.

Bodom
12-29-2010, 08:47 AM

You lucky bastard.

Rated_R(ob)KO
12-29-2010, 09:29 AM
Here goes...

ECW PEOPLE:
Sabu - COMPLETELY burnt out. He's an awesome guy though. Funny, funny man when you hang around him for more than 15 minutes.
Rob Van Dam - Obviously, another stoner. He's a VERY philosophical man. He seems like he ponders the meaning of life alot.
Raven - Complete asshole. I guess it's to be expected right? I saw him a couple times at old school ECW shows in Philly and he was a dick towards me. I later saw him again at a Wizard World convention and he was even MORE of a dick if that were possible.
Sandman - Nutjob. Complete whacko.
The Dudley Boys - Awesome people. When they were selling shirts after the shows, they gave a couple to me for free because I volunteered to help ECW make some profit by helping out. They signed the shirts and got Joel Gertner and Joey Styles to sign them as well.
Joel Gertner - Fucking hilarious. I think he's on a lot of coke though. And not the caffeinated beverage.
Joey Styles - Actually is a VERY serious, dry witted man. He'll tell three jokes and you only catch the first.
Tommy Dreamer - Awesome guy. Will talk your ears off about his wife and daughters if you let him. Not to mention some of his stories are brutal as hell!
Rhyno - Dickbag.
Mike Awesome - He was a weird one. He acted like Roddy Piper does in the ring, out of the ring. Completely eccentric and aloof.
Shane Douglas - Bitter, bitter man.
Francine - Niceish. She seems like she can be a real bitch but I guess when guys just want you to suck them off or show them your tits, you tend to get apprehensive about their motives.

I've met and interacted with damn near every member of the ECW roster. I went to the shows a lot in Philly and it was a pretty close knit group of people. I was young then and I obviously have more from them but, this post is going to be long enough when I'm done.

WCW PEOPLE:
Spice - I love her. She's a VERY Bohemian kind of woman. Laid back and very chill.
Lex Luger - Dick.
Sting - Very nice man. FIRM handshake. And like a previous writer said, memory like a friggin' elephant. I hadn't seen him in almost 5 years and he remembered who I was. It was fantastically weird.
DDP - Asshole.
Kimberly - Slut. She was on a lot of different guys a lot of different times.
Ric Flair - He may be a God in the ring but, he's an ant of a person.

WWE PEOPLE:
EDGE - I had a completely different experience with him. My son is a HUGE "Edgehead" and we took pictures of him and my son both doing the "Rockstar" pose like he does on the ramp. My son and him both had their Championships, it was a pretty damn awesome moment! I met him a couple other times as well and same reaction every time. He's a very nice guy and seems to love kids no matter WHAT his in ring persona may portray.
Randy Orton - He was a dick. Then again, this is when he was a dick. I heard he's mellowed out and actually knows how to handle his fame now.
John Cena - EXTREMELY nice person. Seems like he'd give you the shirt off his back, and he did do just that for my son. It was a class experience. I may hate him in the ring but unlike Flair, he is not an ant of a person.
"Stone Cold"Steve Austin - Hell of a human being. I saw him help someone out of a snow bank at an arena one time. He's pretty cool.
Mick Foley - Great, great, great, great man. He's personally signed all of my books. I order them from him directly and usually get them a day or two before they hit store shelves. I value him a ton.
The Honky Tonk Man - Class A weirdo. All the way. I met him at a local show and my what a character.
Ryan Shamrock - Ditz. Trashy and uncouth. She had one of her kids there while some dude was talking about doing her after the show. She was into it a ton and letting her kid run around and rip wires out of the ground. There was a point where the kid was left alone for about 10 minutes, clearly we can all make assumptions as to what happened... Apparently she couldn't wait.
Sunny - Another whore. She definitely used her sex appeal. Rubbing up on everything in sight. It was sad to see really.
Owen Hart - He called me a fag and then kissed me and gave me an autograph saying "Love Always" and winked at me. I miss him. =(

Rated_R(ob)KO
12-29-2010, 09:30 AM
There's a ton more but honestly, it's a lot to type and I apologize for not wanting to. Maybe another time.

Kashdinero
12-29-2010, 03:16 PM
You got to work at a ppv? Doing what? And I don't believe the thing in the nightclub.

I worked in catering at Earls Court Exhibition for years. Was well excited when WWF came to town!

And

It was in a club called Heavan. It was the night after the brutal Title unification (world and pure) match between Danielson and McGuiness.... Be Jealous!

You lucky bastard.

It's one of my fondest memories! Danielson was so cool! He was with these two hot chicks.... Damn!

The Brown One
12-29-2010, 04:57 PM
It was in a club called Heavan. It was the night after the brutal Title unification (world and pure) match between Danielson and McGuiness.... Be Jealous!

Arghhhh REALLY lucky bastard! Just out of curiousity, did Bryan have a drink?

Kashdinero
12-29-2010, 05:06 PM
Arghhhh REALLY lucky bastard! Just out of curiousity, did Bryan have a drink?

I believe he had a drink but can't honestly remember what. It was like 5 years ago...

The Brown One
12-29-2010, 05:25 PM
I believe he had a drink but can't honestly remember what. It was like 5 years ago...

Lol hes not as pure as I thought then. But hes still a good boy.

Flyyisha
12-29-2010, 07:12 PM
Weird. Wasn't Edge there to sign autographs and take pics in the first place?? It seems that he was being a real dick then. I'm surprised he wants to write a childrens book when he retires from wrestling.

EXACTLY!!! Your in a public place people are going to come up and talk to you if they recognize you. Since then I haven't cared for him 2 much. However I do give props when props are do he's one hell of a wrestler but his personality I'm not to fond of.

jman
12-30-2010, 11:07 PM
I'd have loved to have meet owen :( my friend got his book signed by bret recently said very nice guy

Flyyisha
01-01-2011, 03:00 PM
Thursday night I met more wrestler

Tyler Rek - jerk

Alberto Del Rio - asshole

Drew Mcintyre - asshole

Edge was a bitch for teh 3rd time

Chao actually spoke he said hello and w said hello and that was that

Kane was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!! He signed autographs and took pictures!!!

Jtg the sweetest wrestler EVER

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15GKVP6Ws_s <------ youtube me meeting JTG :-)

jethro
01-01-2011, 03:24 PM
You guys are very very lucky to have a chance to get close up in person with the wrestlers while I never got that chance...I hope i can meet Kobashi,the only wrestler I have contact was Claudio castagnoli via email(I hope Claudio actually replied me)back in 2006.

Splattered-Dreams
01-01-2011, 03:31 PM
I met Gangrel on one of his stupid kids tours. The show was really bad (not his fault, booking sucked) but I briefly stopped him and we had a chat for 2 minutes or so. I think he was happy that I recongised him, if I'm being honest. When I left I kinda felt sorry for him, he seemed kinda ashamed for performing on such a silly tour

Allison
01-01-2011, 03:47 PM
I have met a few and have had no bad experiences with any.

The very coolest person from wrestling I've ever met was Joel Gertner. I met him outside the building after an indy show and me, him and a friend of mine talked about ECW for what seemed like 30 minutes.

The Brown One
01-01-2011, 07:51 PM
Thursday night I met more wrestler

Tyler Rek - jerk

Alberto Del Rio - asshole

Drew Mcintyre - asshole

Edge was a bitch for teh 3rd time

Chao actually spoke he said hello and w said hello and that was that

Kane was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!! He signed autographs and took pictures!!!

Jtg the sweetest wrestler EVER

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15GKVP6Ws_s <------ youtube me meeting JTG :-)

OMG you are lucky.

Flyyisha
01-01-2011, 11:13 PM
Thanx! I considerate it a blessing

SaberToothTigerz
01-02-2011, 10:12 AM
u guys are all lucky
i live in portugal so no fame for me :c