PDA

View Full Version : The Core Horsemen

JimmytheBlack
11-23-2010, 02:28 PM
They finally broke fortune down to they way it was suppose to be from the beginning. I would have taken Douglas Williams over Kaz, but he's a TNA orginal, which is what fortune is made of.

sysop
11-23-2010, 02:35 PM
The only storyline I'm interested in seeing Kaz in is either a loser leaves town match or something with adultery and womanizing to tie in to his known in-discretions. I never thought his look or skills were that great. When he was suicide and got hurt, Daniels looked better playing the part.

Past that, take a look at how the Fortunemen line up:

AJ - Ric
Beer Money - Arn and _____ (whichever partner AA had at various times)
Kaz - the Lex/Windham/Benoit/Mongo position
Ric - JJ Dillon

I can buy everybody except Kaz. "Big" Rob Terry would have been a much better bad ass enforcer type in my opinion.

JimmytheBlack
11-23-2010, 02:40 PM
Kaz - the Lex/Windham/Benoit/Mongo position

Kaz will never be on Benoit's level.

U MAD???

Murphdogg4
11-23-2010, 02:43 PM
Rob Terry? The horsemen were best when all four guys were great workers.

JimmytheBlack
11-23-2010, 02:47 PM
Rob Terry? The horsemen were best when all four guys were great workers.

Kaz is the worst member of Fortune. I remember when they tried to push him for king of the mountain. Then after that, no more Kaz. If Fortune were Baskin Robbins. All the other members would be these cool inventive original flavors. Then you have Kaz......plain ole vanilla.

sysop
11-23-2010, 02:53 PM
I'm saying that Kaz doesn't fit the traditional four horsemen position. I agree he's not on the same level of intensity as Benoit (who is?). He's closest to Mongo in a talent sense, except without the size or notoriety.

I think Rob would have fit. When Lex was green and went against Nikita in the cage he looked like a bad ass. Before they started calling Rob a freak and were still calling him Big Rob and keeping his greenness at bay he also looked like a bad ass. Rob in a suit about to rip out of it, awesome. Kaz in a suit...have him stand in the back and throw a few hand signs. He can have the mic during intermission.

JimmytheBlack
11-23-2010, 02:58 PM
Giving him the title of "The Freak" wasn't too bad. He was nothing more than a side show. I like him, he's just not entertaining, on the mic or in the ring. I could see him in a muscle building contest and still be just as impressed with him as I am now. Now much.

sysop
11-23-2010, 03:09 PM
Giving him the title of "The Freak" wasn't too bad. He was nothing more than a side show. I like him, he's just not entertaining, on the mic or in the ring. I could see him in a muscle building contest and still be just as impressed with him as I am now. Now much.

His welsh could have been entertaining if kept very limited. As far as his ability, I agree. Nothing special compared to anybody in the X division. But if it were done right you could protect a greeny like him in a group. Have him tip over some cars with his raw strength. Have him literally go through walls. Have him play that silent enforcer type. Eventually re-cycle the WcW content where the NWo turned on the giant. There are options. I thought he was the best out of 3D's school that have been on TNA in terms of look and size.

I'd perfer that to Kaz trying his best GQ handsignals and looking like the backstreet boy that never grew up. If you act like a bad ass, but you don't look like a bad ass and you dont perform stiffly like a bad ass you look like a backstreet boy (no disrespect to 3count).

JimmytheBlack
11-23-2010, 03:11 PM
Did you seem him on Impact last week. At first glance I thought that one of the knockout was in the ring wearing a suit....Oh wait it's Kaz.

CobraNightviper
11-23-2010, 06:59 PM
I think the reason sysop(sorry if I spelled your name wrong)compared Lex Luger to Rob Terry is because in his prime Luger was a musle head he had the looks but in the ring he was a fumbling oaf I watched a old nwa match(Luger vs Arn Anderson was the opponent I think)and luger russian leg sweeped himself yeah most meat heads can't wrestle worth a damn.

Lowki
11-24-2010, 07:03 AM
I'm saying that Kaz doesn't fit the traditional four horsemen position. I agree he's not on the same level of intensity as Benoit (who is?). He's closest to Mongo in a talent sense, except without the size or notoriety.

I think Rob would have fit. When Lex was green and went against Nikita in the cage he looked like a bad ass. Before they started calling Rob a freak and were still calling him Big Rob and keeping his greenness at bay he also looked like a bad ass. Rob in a suit about to rip out of it, awesome. Kaz in a suit...have him stand in the back and throw a few hand signs. He can have the mic during intermission.

Joe is the only decent "enforcer" that has intensity and can wrestle that fits that role.
I was thinking hernandez but he just wouldn't fit.

colonyink
11-24-2010, 07:24 AM
What other TNA original could have been chosen instead of Kaz?
Eric Young could have been a good fit. He was entertaining as the leader of the World Elite, but that went nowhere.
Looking at the current roster, the only other viable option would be a heel Samoa Joe. Which goes to show that weakened the TNA roster has become recently.

JimmytheBlack
11-24-2010, 12:19 PM
OMG yes Eric Young would have been perfect for Fortune. He was always complaining about how he was always a clown and wanted more respect. He was pretty bad ass when he was leading World Elite.

Rich Cranium
11-24-2010, 12:27 PM
I don't think Fortune should be compared to the Horsemen at all. The Four Horsemen were NWA which was far greater than TNA and the Horsemen themselves were much greater skilled wrestlers. Now, if Kurt Angle were in Fortune with Styles, Samoa Joe, and (can't think, you decide), it would be more believable.

JimmytheBlack
11-24-2010, 12:30 PM
I don't think Fortune should be compared to the Horsemen at all. The Four Horsemen were NWA which was far greater than TNA and the Horsemen themselves were much greater skilled wrestlers. Now, if Kurt Angle were in Fortune with Styles, Samoa Joe, and (can't think, you decide), it would be more believable.

They can only be compared because of Rick Flair. Being a founding member, I think it gives him the right so say, "I'm Rick Flair and I approve this stable." Just like when Evolution was around. That was another neo-horseman faction.

Bodom
11-24-2010, 12:34 PM

Maybe not, but it's difficult to NOT think of the Horseman when you have Flair leading a stable of guys

JimmytheBlack
11-24-2010, 12:39 PM
Without Flair, they would all just be knock offs. He just makes them a spin off....which is kind of better. Sounds better anyway.

Lowki
11-30-2010, 01:03 PM
I can accept spin off. Fortune are like the "Joey" to the Four Horsemen's "Friends".

Kashdinero
12-01-2010, 03:54 AM
Favourite Fourtune moment?
Mine was when Flair told them all that theyre not as goog as the Four horsemen! Ha!