PDA

View Full Version : The Real Actual Official King Of The Ring Thread

Robstar
11-23-2010, 01:58 PM
:rolleyes: Wanted to start a thread concerning KOTR, that wasn't about a single entrant(who's still yet to qualify);)

Who do you think will make the best King Of The Ring?

Do you think they should play up the horrible 'King' angle, alá Harley Race or King Booker or worst of all, gawd it was so bad I can barely utter it.....*retch* 'Macho King'??? Complete with 'royal' style music (blech)

My money is on Sheamus. It would help maintain his push, while not involving the holding of an actual title. I refer you to the below picture; take away the belt and give him a crown! It would also set up a King vs King Of Kings scenario for HHH's return (I'm not counting Haitch out of KOTR quite yet either - a possible substitute for an 'injured' finalist at the GM's behest?):confused:

IPOOPINTHEBATH
11-23-2010, 02:03 PM
I say Morrison. I don't think Sheamus will win simply because HHH is due back soon, and he wouldn't attack him after he won, he'd screw him out of winning.

el gabo
11-23-2010, 02:07 PM
:rolleyes: Wanted to start a thread concerning KOTR, that wasn't about a single entrant(who's still yet to qualify);)

Who do you think will make the best King Of The Ring?

Do you think they should play up the horrible 'King' angle, alá Harley Race or King Booker or worst of all, gawd it was so bad I can barely utter it.....*retch* 'Macho King'??? Complete with 'royal' style music (blech)

My money is on Sheamus. It would help maintain his push, while not involving the holding of an actual title. I refer you to the below picture; take away the belt and give him a crown! It would also set up a King vs King Of Kings scenario for HHH's return (I'm not counting Haitch out of KOTR quite yet either - a possible substitute for an 'injured' finalist at the GM's behest?):confused:

Heeyyyy. My thread isn't official?????

Just kidding. I too would put my money on King Sheamus. I really didn't think much of him when he first burst the scene but, he has gotten better since he arrived about a year and a half ago.

Plus, you made an excellent point by getting a huge push without the having to use the title.

SgtGohan
11-23-2010, 02:08 PM
my money is on morrison aswell

SaberToothTigerz
11-23-2010, 02:09 PM
sheamus or alberto del rio for king of the ring winner

JimmytheBlack
11-23-2010, 02:10 PM
You're right, he has the look. Why else would Sheamus get pushed so hard if he didn't have the look. Each week he's picking up a little more attitude with each match. I like how he's trying to make the repeated knees to the back of the head his trademark. Reminds me of Stone Cold stomping a mudhole, or Orton's garbage stomp. If Sheamus did win. That would open things up for Triple H to come back. King Sheamus bragging about taking out the king of kings. I would be just like King Booker vs. HHH. Just with more potential to get over.

My pick from Raw is going to be Daniel Bryan. Only because they're intentionally holding back big Zeke, that's my real pick. You go buffer Bobby Lashley!

(Mod note - I fixed that for you. It's BRYAN not Bryant. ;))

Robstar
11-23-2010, 02:12 PM
Oh god, not sure I could stand a King JoMo!!! I like the guy, but it's a much better heel gimmick IMO. (now what'shisface from the other thread is gonna call me a Morrison 'homer'! oh no!)

I like the idea of HHH screwing Sheamus out of it. If not Sheamus, I'd put it on Swagger - with the same reasoning. I can also see why people are tipping Del Rio.

JimmytheBlack
11-23-2010, 02:14 PM
Oh god, not sure I could stand a King JoMo!!! I like the guy, but it's a much better heel gimmick IMO. (now what'shisface from the other thread is gonna call me a Morrison 'homer'! oh no!)

I like the idea of HHH screwing Sheamus out of it. If not Sheamus, I'd put it on Swagger - with the same reasoning.

Screw Jack Swagger, he has no mainevent ability what so ever. I would rather see the Swagger Soaring Eagle become king of the ring.

Rassling_Fan
11-23-2010, 02:16 PM

What, no mention of King Mabel?

As for who I want to win, I'm hoping for Danielson. Make him look even more impressive then he does now.

Robstar
11-23-2010, 02:16 PM
Screw Jack Swagger, he has no mainevent ability what so ever. I would rather see the Swagger Soaring Eagle become king of the ring.

Yes! Chavo - FTW!!! But Chavo can't....because Vickie is already QUEEN of Everything and she his aunt so....y'know. Just saying(!)

IPOOPINTHEBATH
11-23-2010, 02:18 PM
@Jimmy, I doubt Bryan wins. He's already US Champ and has been used pretty well and there's no way he's getting that monster of a push.

@Rob, KOTR could be what Morrison uses to turn heel.

JimmytheBlack
11-23-2010, 02:24 PM
Yes! Chavo - FTW!!! But Chavo can't....because Vickie is already QUEEN of Everything and she his aunt so....y'know. Just saying(!)

It's sad that Vickie gets a bigger reaction from the crowd than Chavo. She doesn't even have entrance music. They probably just have a sound bite of booing.

Tha Crows Nest
11-23-2010, 03:16 PM
If he qualifies I could see Drew McIntyre winning KOTR. The Sinister Scottsman King McIntyre.

Tommy Thunder
11-23-2010, 03:28 PM
I think it's going to be a heel winning it. I can only see 1 from the qualified RAW guys winning, and that's Sheamus. It would be a perfect setup for a match with HHH. As for Smackdown, we'll have to see who qualifies, but IMO, Del Rio, Swagger and McIntyre are the front runners.

Thing is, Sheamus is going to be feuding with HHH when he returns, and that will probably end up with HHH winning, so it would kill the momentum of Sheamus winning KOTR. Del Rio also has a feud with Rey Mysterio coming up, so maybe he won't win it. Swagger isn't doing much at the moment, nor is McIntyre, so I'm going to say one of those 2 will be the eventual winners. Although, I'd rather see Sheamus or Del Rio winning.

Bodom
11-23-2010, 03:32 PM
Daniel Bryan for the win.

TheAwesomeCarpet
11-23-2010, 04:22 PM
Del Rio or Sheamus are the top picks for the KOTR. IMO I think that either Sheamus or Zeke needs to win this. Sheamus could win and start trashing HHH saying that he's bigger than the King of Kings and Burger King. That or continue with Zeke's dominance and make him a true threat.

JimmytheBlack
11-23-2010, 04:39 PM
Daniel Bryan for the win.

Put him up against Ezekiel Jackson. Eat a whole lot of punishment. Finish with the labell lock, giant push for Bryan as a giant killer.

JimmytheBlack
11-23-2010, 04:41 PM
Ezekiel Jackson should win. No one can really face him in the ring. He looks sloppy, but no worse than Mark Henry or the Big Show.

Freaky Styley
11-23-2010, 05:50 PM
My pick to win is Drew. He could go with a "last King of Scotland" gimmick

IrkenInvader
11-23-2010, 05:56 PM
Santino ftw.

JimmytheBlack
11-23-2010, 05:59 PM
Hornswoggle is gonna win this time I know it! He made it to the finals last tournament.

REAL MVP 2010
11-23-2010, 06:38 PM
"Don't worry, I won't 'Billy Gunn' my King of the Ring win" - Edge

Classic lol

Robstar
11-23-2010, 06:46 PM
"Don't worry, I won't 'Billy Gunn' my King of the Ring win" - Edge

Classic lol

Too funny! I must have missed Edge saying that

CMhuw24
11-23-2010, 07:33 PM
Del Rio or Sheamus are my picks.
Jo-Mo is too nice for a KOTR title.

TheDevilsAdvocate
11-23-2010, 08:38 PM
The 5 guys I think have a chance of coming out on top are,

1. Sheamus (Being my top)

2. Jack Swagger

3. Cody Rhodes (Since they are doing this youth movement thing)

4. Alberto Del Rio (Same as Cody)

5. Drew McINTYRE (By some miracle)

But who I would most like to see win the KOTR tournament would have to be Drew McINTYRE! It would help his Characther a lil' bit. An lord knows he needs it.

SilverGhost
11-23-2010, 08:42 PM
The 5 guys I think have a chance of coming out on top are,

1. Sheamus (Being my top)

2. Jack Swagger

3. Cody Rhodes (Since they are doing this youth movement thing)

4. Alberto Del Rio (Same as Cody)

5. Drew McINTYRE (By some miracle)

But who I would most like to see win the KOTR tournament would have to be Drew McINTYRE! It would help his Characther a lil' bit. An lord knows he needs it.

King.....SWAGGA!

Bodom
11-23-2010, 08:43 PM
King.....SWAGGGA!

I can just picture him announcing himself as The All American...American...American...King Swagger

SilverGhost
11-23-2010, 08:50 PM
King Cody has a ring to it.

King Sheamus=epic

TheDevilsAdvocate
11-23-2010, 08:53 PM
King Cody has a ring to it.

If Cody won then he would just be one more step toward becoming completely

wait for it...

Wait a lil' more!

<3 DASHING!

SilverGhost
11-23-2010, 08:56 PM
It would be funny to see Cody win. King Dashing.....

"You must be this beautiful to look at the Dashing King...."