PDA

View Full Version : Austin Aries Heel Turn/Promo

AWrestlingGod
10-11-2012, 09:06 PM
Wow that was really well done, I love the way he brought up the fact that he is being forced to be a good guy when he is a natural heel, so I'm hopeful Austin Aries can get some time as world champion as a heel. Anyway everything he said about Jeff Hardy is probably true, and the brainbuster he gave him was nasty. Looking forward to there match.

Thoughts on this segment?

CrowOfMurders
10-11-2012, 09:18 PM
Just posted on this myself, I thought it was brilliant,and really raises the bar on their match, really plays on the "anything can happen"

Erroneous Fool
10-11-2012, 09:57 PM
I thought it was very Austin Aries, he should always say whats on his mind, he's the man and all Jeff Hardy is is a burnt out has been that has pissed away every opportunity thats been given to him.

Rockstar83
10-11-2012, 10:16 PM
Heels = Ratings

monctonvike
10-11-2012, 10:28 PM
Best impact in awhile it was a great night to watch wrestling!!!!

think the debate,new shows,football ect ect the rating won't be so hot, but I don't care I tuned into a wrestling show before the big ppv and it was a great watch

Sicksnuff17
10-12-2012, 12:36 AM
Had to work, upset i missed it

bcfccalum
10-12-2012, 05:18 AM
i thought it was great, i was a bit on the fence about Aries, but after a heel turn its put him in my fave 5 TNA wrestlers.

TNA 'The very best'
10-12-2012, 07:54 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4cluT7Up6U

I've been in and out of TNA for a few months now, haven't had a chance to keep up with everything but this really sounds like a certain someone in a certain company demanding respect that others are getting.

dub
10-12-2012, 08:30 AM
First off what an AWESOME Impact! I mean the matches we got were off the hook. Storm/Aries=Great, Bully,Sting/Kaz,Daniels=Great, Styles/Hernandez=Good, Hardy/Roode=Great, Heck even Tess/Kim was pretty good. That aside... I absoloutly loved the turn. I just wish they would have done it sooner. I think Austin has the ability to be a really good face in the future because so many fans (including me) like him. But if they wanted turn him to be face they should've done it ALL THE WAY and I think this is were the problem came for Aries. They tried to turn him into a tweener of some sort and it complicated things. TNA was trying to make him an arrogant, I'm the greatest man alive.... Face?????? That just didn't mesh well. I remember on one episode of Impact where he talked about a fan right before he had a match with Bully. But the thing is he was the face?!?!?!? Even the fans reaction was like: "HA HA... wait, was he supposed to be saying that?" So with all that being said I'm glad that Aries is 100% heel now. It is so much more natural for him.

RampantLion2010
10-12-2012, 10:58 AM
Yeah, good heel turn. Too bad they're probably going to take the belt off of him at BFG. As we ALL KNOW BY NOW, 90% of the time, the wrestler that gets the better of his opponent on the go home show loses at the PPV. With this being BFG, a face almost always wins, and the title almost always changes hands. Too bad.... he was just warming up!

TheGreatOne
10-12-2012, 11:16 AM
I'm excited about RVD facing Zema Ion for the X-Division title. Should be a good push for Ion.

Cabers
10-12-2012, 02:50 PM
Good promo not great but good and the brainbustahhhh as tazz calls it was the icing on the proverbial (i like) cake.

bearkg88
10-12-2012, 04:04 PM
Loved the heel turn. If i had the money to buy BFG, this would have sealed the deal for me. Hardy vs Aries looks epic!

Tomsta666
10-12-2012, 04:07 PM
Aires Heel Promo. Bully Ray Face promo.

I hope BFG is good!! ;)

Dubs
10-12-2012, 07:12 PM
That was a wonderful promo from A Double and had a lot of valid points too. Aries vs Hardy at Bound For Glory is going to be a great match. Although I'm more excited for Storm vs Roode, Aries vs Hardy is going to be another match that I'm going to look forward to this Sunday. The Bound For Glory PPV card looks great and I cannot wait for it.

monctonvike
10-12-2012, 07:35 PM
That was a wonderful promo from A Double and had a lot of valid points too. Aries vs Hardy at Bound For Glory is going to be a great match. Although I'm more excited for Storm vs Roode, Aries vs Hardy is going to be another match that I'm going to look forward to this Sunday. The Bound For Glory PPV card looks great and I cannot wait for it.

I am pumped for both of those matches, I think the tag match might quietly steel the show, and it would seem that it might be building to an AJ vs Angle feud. Which is awesome!! especially for people who love the wrestling aspect of pro wrestling.

Dubs
10-13-2012, 10:12 AM
I am pumped for both of those matches, I think the tag match might quietly steel the show, and it would seem that it might be building to an AJ vs Angle feud. Which is awesome!! especially for people who love the wrestling aspect of pro wrestling.
That would great if it's leading up to an Angle vs Styles feud. I can never get tired of them putting on an amazing performance. I also would love to see a Chavo vs Styles feud.

FXK2I
10-14-2012, 12:33 PM
A-Double's promo reminded me somewhat of CM Punk's worked-shoot back in 2011.

raevin
10-14-2012, 02:35 PM
A-Double's promo reminded me somewhat of CM Punk's worked-shoot back in 2011.
Somewhat? Lol. It was essentially the same thing except:

1. It was tailored to fit TNA instead of WWE
2. Aries wasn't sitting down at the top of the ramp
3. CM Punk didn't get into the ring while delivering the promo

Besides that, the content was essentially the same.

Automatic
10-14-2012, 02:51 PM
It was actually a fine promo, but the second he said he wen't off script, it just became really, really lame for me.
There is nothing lamer than to say you are going off script. I suppose it's meant to be cool, but it's just a major turn off for me. Way to tell the people watching (me) that you're watching fake stuff. I HATE that kind of stuff.

I don't get why he is playing CM Punk #2. He also didn't have to turn, he could just play the subtle heel and stay face. He just turned a few months ago.

Dubs
10-14-2012, 04:09 PM
I don't get why he is playing CM Punk #2. He also didn't have to turn, he could just play the subtle heel and stay face. He just turned a few months ago.
I think Aries will turn back as a face once his feud with Jeff Hardy finishes, or at least I hope. Makes no sense keeping him a heel post-Hardy feud since they need more fresh faces in the main event scene and Jeff Hardy may not be with TNA long-term.

Lowki
10-14-2012, 06:56 PM
I just watched it (in UK) and the first thing that run through my head was "CM Punk".
I mean he's turning turning heel because he's sick of the other main face "being catered for";
he's tired of asking for things and not receiving them even though he's the champion;
he's self-righteous and claims to be the best; he "went off script";
he breaks kayfabe by saying "and now they are telling me to cut it short";
he's even sneak attacking when people's backs are turned like Punk has been doing.

Like someone has already mentioned though, it does remind me of his 2011 "shoot" promo, mixed in with CM Punks current "respect" angle; especially with the whole "jealousy" of another face because they are getting more than him (him being the champion).

The whole storyline reeks of what they are doing with CM Punk and I think Aries is far better than to be labelled a copy. Unfortunately, the similarities are uncanny and unbelievably obvious. I can see him winning though, or it would be a waste of time.

Automatic
10-14-2012, 06:58 PM
I think Aries will turn back as a face once his feud with Jeff Hardy finishes, or at least I hope. Makes no sense keeping him a heel post-Hardy feud since they need more fresh faces in the main event scene and Jeff Hardy may not be with TNA long-term.

That would be more reason to not turn him.
Too much turns in a too short period of time and you get a Mr. Kennedy.

Bodom
10-14-2012, 08:57 PM
This is the kind of promo Aries should have given weeks ago. Not the final segment of a go home show.

It also came off like Aries was rushing through a script.