PDA

View Full Version : Since we're unifying things WWE how about we~

Belzova
08-31-2010, 04:56 PM
Unify the the Smackdown! an RAW brand as well?

Robstar
08-31-2010, 05:15 PM
They're all MY ideas they're stealing, dontcha know? lol ;) Those fuckers!:mad: We do all the hard yards and they go sell them to Vince! I suppose they'd be stupid not to check these sites and stupider still if they didn't try pass them off as their own ideas, otherwise, bye bye paycheck!

You're right of course. I was doing a bit of research into the size of the roster at the first brand split and it was ridiculously huge. Now they have probably just the right amount for a viable single roster. Sure, they're big enough to carry 2 shows - 3 if you include NXT. It might make Smackdown more popular if you didn't know who was showing up, at any time. They would have to get over the "not having 2 giants on one show" hang up they have, to name one.

Your friend is correct about the shows having different creative teams and you are right when you mention that they'd be much better together.

WoodenBulldozer
08-31-2010, 05:22 PM
I think one of the main issues in having wrestlers appear on both raw and smackdown has to do with the travel schedule. From what I read, it appears that the amount of traveling can take its toll on wrestlers and they opt to join a company(TNA) with a much lighter travel schedule. Its possible that upper management is worried that by increasing the travel schedule for the wrestlers might result in certain main eventers(especially the older ones) who have earned a ton of money over the years to take a pay cut and join TNA or straight up retire

TheDevilsAdvocate
09-01-2010, 10:15 AM
Or they could just bring people in from FCW an level out the playing field. =/

Bodom
09-01-2010, 04:03 PM
I don't want this to happen. One brand means less camera time for a lot of the guys and lost revenue from house shows and tours

Robstar
09-01-2010, 06:33 PM
No - one brand but still 2 shows. There is no way they'd give up having Smackdown! when you could just as easily maintain the two. It might mean the writers will have to do more creative writing, but hell, that's their job. If they can't do it I'm sure I can have a crack at it, lol

Ruggy
09-02-2010, 09:46 AM
I feel that there are simply too many "super-stars" for there to be one brand and one set of titles. I think back in 2001, they should have kept WWF(E) and WCW seperate companies, well "brands" if you will. People would have probably felt more comfortable with that idea. I'm saying this as ECW had its own identity, even though it had sod all to do with the "old" ECW.

AGEOFFALL
09-02-2010, 03:04 PM
The whole unifying the world titles and the brands is complicated. Don't know how wwe will fix this problem.

Rangers_Chosen_Hun
09-02-2010, 06:12 PM
the only thing i wanted to unifying was the divas and womans titles since there division wasnt big enough for 2. if they unify everything that means wwe is in for big changes and if its true that the world titles are getting unified then ill be looking forward to a new era of wrestling i hope lol

Innovation87
09-02-2010, 09:22 PM
they probably can't because of the television networks.

SilverGhost
09-02-2010, 10:20 PM
There is too many superstars if they wanted one brand. Seperate shows is good now. It wasn't like back then when it was one roster (attitude era)

IrkenInvader
07-03-2011, 10:23 PM
Bump...........