PDA

View Full Version : Why do you HATE on JOHN CENA?

SilverCena
11-22-2010, 10:47 PM
Like Cena said in his promo, every guy over 18 think he sucks. So why is that? Why do you hate him so much? Is it the lack of moves? Is it because he is always in the main event? I don't get it. I think he can be cool and quite funny at times.

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
11-22-2010, 10:52 PM
Like Cena said in his promo, every guy over 18 think he sucks. So why is that? Why do you hate him so much? Is it the lack of moves? Is it because he is always in the main event? I don't get it. I think he can be cool and quite funny at times.

I agree with you. If it's his moveset that people don't like, then that aint his fault, it's just how the WWE books him. As I've said before, Cena has the ability to perform 30+ moves, and probably more, it's just that the WWE wants him to look as strong as possible, so the 5 moves of doom were created.

Sydnister
11-23-2010, 12:15 AM
I think the reason people hate on Cena so much is because they miss the Attitude era so much that the clean cut champ that is Cena's character gives them hemorrhoids. That is the only thing I can come up with...

Bodom
11-23-2010, 12:16 AM
Is "John Cena" a valid answer?

Thewoodcutter
11-23-2010, 12:33 AM
Cena period. His looks, his moves, his talking, it's all just shit, pure shit

Cena
11-23-2010, 12:35 AM
but tonight was good shit, yes

IPOOPINTHEBATH
11-23-2010, 12:39 AM
The chant he started tonight, even though it took him too long to get it going, was the best thing he's done in years.

I agree, I don't hate him, I hate the booking. I can bitch about his in ring ability all I want, but there are a lot worse than him that I don't bitch about. It's just him constantly being in the spotlight, and "OVERCOMING THE ODDS!" every single time. I used to hate him, but his passion for the business really shines through and it's hard to despise someone for someone else's shitty booking ability.

Dameduse823
11-23-2010, 12:40 AM
I don't hate Cena, I'm just tired of this goody goody superman gimmickhe's been running with for, what, five years now? Tonight he proved he's still awesome on teh mic but normally he spends half the time making stupid jokes or hyping whatever city their in. He's just grown stale because nothing about him has changed for since he added teh STF to his moveset

IPOOPINTHEBATH
11-23-2010, 12:42 AM
Don't forget the dropkick.

Warmachine
11-23-2010, 12:45 AM
Well if you guys hate him overcoming odds n what no , why not hate rey mysterio too, the guy has made wrestling too predictable at most times when he steps in, is soooo clean cut , and appeals to the kiddies just as much as cena........i dunno what else, i used to think these guys were ight then their characters developed into everything stated above....
P.S. i root for del rio to rip rey apart as you can see i dont like mysterio's character

Lance Storm
11-23-2010, 12:51 AM
He's too clean for his own good. He's a wrestler with a gimmick that is so Hogan of the 80s and a very basic move set. That is why we can't stand him. I agree his chant tonight was one of the best things he has done in years. I would love to see him full heel again to bring new life to the gimmick. I can't stand the "Tweener" character. I liked the "Firing speech" tonight. Let's see how long he will be gone. I'm thinking Royal Rumble so he can film another shit movie that no one will see.

Necroyeti
11-23-2010, 12:52 AM
Well if you guys hate him overcoming odds n what no , why not hate rey mysterio too, the guy has made wrestling too predictable at most times when he steps in, is soooo clean cut , and appeals to the kiddies just as much as cena........i dunno what else, i used to think these guys were ight then their characters developed into everything stated above....
P.S. i root for del rio to rip rey apart as you can see i dont like mysterio's character
Rey Mysterio is on a whole other level of fail compared to Cena. I mean, Cena hardly ever loses, but Mysterio literally won't job to anyone anymore unless he's facing Taker or scheduled to go on vacation, yet is still booked like the underdog most of the time.

Both can put on GREAT matches when they want to, but it's usually just the same old spots over and over again.

On topic: JORTS.

Cena
11-23-2010, 12:55 AM
Rey Mysterio is on a whole other level of fail compared to Cena. I mean, Cena hardly ever loses, but Mysterio literally won't job to anyone anymore unless he's facing Taker or scheduled to go on vacation, yet is still booked like the underdog most of the time.

Both can put on GREAT matches when they want to, but it's usually just the same old spots over and over again.

Rey dont where jorts but cena make them nice style for you to enjoy in sun

Necroyeti
11-23-2010, 12:57 AM
If Rey started wearing jorts I'd probably give myself stomach ulcers with all the rage.

Bodom
11-23-2010, 12:59 AM
If Rey started wearing jorts I'd probably give myself stomach ulcers with all the rage.

Rey's a midget.

Jorts would just be pants on him.

ed is dead
11-23-2010, 01:07 AM
bruno sammartino, hulk hogan, bret hart, stone cold steve austin, john cena... get over it, john cena is probably the hardest working wrestler out there, he never got anything handed to him on a silver plate, he worked his ass off, he has had great matches, he has charisma, he does a lot of work to promote the wwe and lots of charity work, love him or hate him he always gets a big reaction, whether they're boos or cheers or both, he's the biggest superstar since stone cold and sure to be a legend... oh yeah, he also sells shitloads of tickets and merchandise.

Bodom
11-23-2010, 01:09 AM
bruno sammartino, hulk hogan, bret hart, stone cold steve austin, john cena... get over it, john cena is probably the hardest working wrestler out there, he never got anything handed to him on a silver plate, he worked his ass off, he has had great matches, he has charisma, he does a lot of work to promote the wwe and lots of charity work, love him or hate him he always gets a big reaction, whether they're boos or cheers or both, he's the biggest superstar since stone cold and sure to be a legend... oh yeah, he also sells shitloads of tickets and merchandise.

All very true. I'll always give him credit for busting his ass.

But I still don't like the character.

Necroyeti
Rey's a midget.
Jorts would just be pants on him.
Short-jorts then. *shudder*

Cena

You said it best, thank you

Bodom
11-23-2010, 01:10 AM
Short-jorts then. *shudder*

Excuse me while I go vomit...

IPOOPINTHEBATH
11-23-2010, 01:12 AM

This.

I don't hate Cena, I do hate Rey.

Silverdust
11-23-2010, 01:21 AM
This.

I don't hate Cena, I do hate Rey.

Do you feel Rey doesnt put people over?

IPOOPINTHEBATH
11-23-2010, 01:24 AM
Do you feel Rey doesnt put people over?

Honestly, I haven't really watched Smackdown lately. I still hate him from 5 years ago when he used his friend's death to reach a level that he never otherwise would have reached. That and he's slowed way down since coming to WWE and he has the most cookie cutter matches on televised wrestling today.

maar13
11-23-2010, 01:31 AM
I don't hate the guy, used to despise long time ago him but that is because I was bitter about him beating my favorite wrestlers, but does not do that anymore.

I thing the biggest flaw he present is not having really one at all, at least that is what most people complain about, well the move set thing too but that is just to be picky since most wrestlers now a days only uses part of their arsenal, some moves cooler than others but if you star analyzing it most don't use more than 7 moves per match, not even Kurt Angle, AJ or Bryan Danielson.

I thing is the same defect most people see in Superman and therefore that is the comparison, too perfect and people (especially people from 18-30, were most are still searching for something to relate to) don't relate at all.

Looking at is as a parent is different because you are not looking just for you anymore and want a good example for your kids and well even if people don't like it Cena represents that, is a good superhero for kids.

Of course, for people after 13 they darker characters are way more appealing like Orton, who when is a heel is sadistic and cold-blooded or Edge, who as a heel was an over the top character and a great villain. Nowadays Villains are way more appealing than heros, and since Cena has been a hero since 2005, most teenagers and young adults don't relate to him at all.

And for the people with the face of the girl tonight as sign, wasn't she using a Orton's shirt? just asking.

Silverdust
11-23-2010, 01:35 AM
And for the people with the face of the girl tonight as sign, wasn't she using a Orton's shirt? just asking.

Are you suggesting that the girl was upset about Orton bad luck tonight?

Tell em hawk!"
11-23-2010, 06:01 AM
It's not that I hate John Cena, I just prefer an actual skilled wrestling match and care little for Backstage segments. To me, he is just this generations Hulk Hogan, Full of charisma and great on the mic but very little wrestling ability, and i did not care much for the Hulkster, his matches were all the same and they sucked!

"The Best there is, Best there was, and the best there ever will be!"

SgtGohan
11-23-2010, 07:47 AM
except that i never liked hogan in real life he usually was an asshole and cena isnt

captainmoonlight
11-23-2010, 08:41 AM
in all honesty I love Cena, WHEN he is used correctly, the superman thing does my head in a little and his moveset doesnt bother me coz i know he does more than 5 moves. like someone else said, rey has about 3 moves now.

the latest angle has been great and ss and raw last night were the best i've seen from wwe in a few years now. I just beg that they'll carry it on.

its always been great when there's been exciting matches and big angles. WWE finally has an immense under/mid card with the likes of bryan, morrison, ziggler, punk etc who can all step up to the main event. Not a massive fan of the miz but I still think he'll step up to it and offers something new.

if people are moaning at the minute they honestly dont know what they want themselves

CobraNightviper
11-23-2010, 08:50 AM
I don't hate Cena his segment on raw last night was almost as funny as that time at wrestlemania when he posed with the Cena haters lol and what the hell is a jort?(jean shorts mabey)what would you have him wear speedos?him and rey in speedos yeah I gotta go now I just threw up in my mouth.

Xpacfan
11-23-2010, 09:41 AM

I will give Cena credit in regards to his "parting" comments last night. At least he's not disillusioned about how people really feel about him...with that said I hope he goes back cleaning toliets :p

I have never liked Cena from the moment he showed up on WWE television. At first, I couldn't stand how generic his character was (which is like everyone on the WWE roster now) and the loud colored tights he would wear. Then, I couldn't stand the "wangsta" gimmick and the WWE trying to push him as a serious hip hop artist. Now, its simply because he sucks in the ring and has a cheesy gimmick.

He is the poster boy of everything that I hate in the WWE these days!

Taxi Driver
11-23-2010, 09:41 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJAJUrCqqSY

Xpacfan
11-23-2010, 09:43 AM

Tu Shea...I can't stand him either!

Danny Des
11-23-2010, 09:55 AM
I agree with you. If it's his moveset that people don't like, then that aint his fault, it's just how the WWE books him. As I've said before, Cena has the ability to perform 30+ moves, and probably more, it's just that the WWE wants him to look as strong as possible, so the 5 moves of doom were created.

his move set IS his fault. every wrestler decides how capable he is of doing moves. Cenas known as 5 move cena for a reason. and it IS his fault

Mikeyboy7777777
11-23-2010, 11:12 AM
i don't hate cena i hate the damn cena chants from the kids i mean they constantly talk shit about old time wrestlers didn't even give all of them a pop on the last old school raw it's all cena i know he's good but come on i enjoyed him yesterday and i think he deserves a long time rest hard working man especially from taking all those beatings for our entertainment but all those cenation fans don't talk shit unless you know what kind of shit you are talking about but i can't find another reason i don't hate cena he's a talent so the cenation though i do hate them

Lowki
11-23-2010, 11:54 AM
Well if most over 18s hate him, then i'd say his character must be one for starters. He's the face of the company but no adult can really relate to him (except americans to an extent). He tries too hard imo. His moveset but only because he hits 3 or 4 moves in sequence every time, besides the AA, nothing really gets reversed or countered. He's also pretty predictable. Pushed down our throats with everything. Rarely ever drops below main event. One of the notorious "buriers" HHH even drops to mid card fueds (DX for example) once in a while and has face and heel turns. Jericho is another who changes between face and heel and gets involved in lower fueds (JeriShow). He fully caters for kids to.
I don't mind cena but they are the reasons why i don't care for him either.

I do hate mysterio though. He's gone from an awesome spot monkey to Some little guy in a mask who has been an underdog for the past 5 years...He's like a puppy. Kids love him, but the adults eventually get over the "aww" factor.

CobraNightviper
11-23-2010, 12:03 PM
I wonder if most of the haters in this thread have kids(ones that live in the same home with them all the time)if so then you know where I come from I have a 6 year old son and a 11 year old daughter who like Cena I personally think he sucks but I have grin and bear it because I rember when I was a kid and I was a hulkamaniac so yeah I have to pretend to like Cena YEAH.........I will give him credit for last night though.

Xpacfan
11-23-2010, 01:18 PM
If I had kids/when I do and if Cena is still around, they will not be allowed to cheer for him. Years of footage from the Attitude era will be programmed into their minds, so once they see trash like Cena, they'll know to boo.

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
11-23-2010, 02:27 PM
his move set IS his fault. every wrestler decides how capable he is of doing moves. Cenas known as 5 move cena for a reason. and it IS his fault

I don't think you know how the WWE works. They script about 95% of every moment of every match they put on. Sure, maybe a few moves here or there are improvised, but for the most part the wrestlers are to do as they are told, and the WWE wants Cena to "overcome the odds" in every match.

Xpacfan
11-23-2010, 02:51 PM
I don't think you know how the WWE works. They script about 95% of every moment of every match they put on. Sure, maybe a few moves here or there are improvised, but for the most part the wrestlers are to do as they are told, and the WWE wants Cena to "overcome the odds" in every match.

I'll agree with you about this when it comes to "overcoming the odds" but besides this, the WWE just gives its wrestlers what they call "spots". Meaning, they want the match began a certain way...at some point of the match do "this"...end the match like "this" or by using "these moves"...and the referee is being produced while the match is going on to provide any impromptu changes and to decide when to execute certain spots.

However, the meat of the majority of matches is totally determined by the wrestlers and the referee. John Cena has plenty of room to perform other moves, put the opponent over during the match by doing a good job of selling their hits, and doing anything to put on an exciting charismatic show. His lack of doing this shows his lack of ability and talent to do so.

IPOOPINTHEBATH
11-23-2010, 03:00 PM
I'll agree with you about this when it comes to "overcoming the odds" but besides this, the WWE just gives its wrestlers what they call "spots". Meaning, they want the match began a certain way...at some point of the match do "this"...end the match like "this" or by using "these moves"...and the referee is being produced while the match is going on to provide any impromptu changes and to decide when to execute certain spots.

However, the meat of the majority of matches is totally determined by the wrestlers and the referee. John Cena has plenty of room to perform other moves, put the opponent over during the match by selling their hits, and doing anything to put on an exciting charismatic show. His lack of doing this shows his lack of ability and talent to do so.

Ahaha, can you imagine what went through the wrestler's head who took the Cena dropkick the first time? Cena: *Locks up and whispers* "Dropkick". Other guy: O_O

Bodom
11-23-2010, 03:00 PM
Ahaha, can you imagine what went through the wrestler's head who took the Cena dropkick the first time? Cena: *Locks up and whispers* "Dropkick". Other guy: O_O

hahahahahahahahah

Xpacfan
11-23-2010, 03:01 PM
lol, I know right

JimmytheBlack
11-23-2010, 03:02 PM

LMAO. Other guy: wtf did he just say to me?!

JimmytheBlack
11-23-2010, 03:04 PM
When Cena gave his "goodbye" speech I just fast forwarded though the whole thing. No one really cares about what Cena has to say. It's not like when Shawn Micheals left. Cena will be the only poeple's champion that could not become an Icon.

IPOOPINTHEBATH
11-23-2010, 03:05 PM
When Cena gave his "goodbye" speech I just fast forwarded though the whole thing. No one really cares about what Cena has to say. It's not like when Shawn Micheals left. Cena will be the only poeple's champion that could not become an Icon.

That sucks. You missed out on him starting his own "Cena Sucks" chant. Probably Cena's best promo in years.

JimmytheBlack
11-23-2010, 03:07 PM
That sucks. You missed out on him starting his own "Cena Sucks" chant. Probably Cena's best promo in years.

We'll be able to put this all behind us. Now as long as Cena doesn't become one of the Immortals. I think we can rebuild wrasslin.

Bodom
11-23-2010, 03:07 PM

Is that like dividing by zero?

Necroyeti
11-23-2010, 03:08 PM
It was actually a pretty awesome speech, and I'm not a Cena mark. If I weren't so cynical I'd be convinced it was pure shoot.

Danny Des
11-29-2010, 04:53 AM

Not true, alot of matches are mostly done on the fly by the wrestlers as they wrestle. thay pick what they can do, its wwe that pick the key points of the match

Cynicism
11-29-2010, 03:57 PM
NPSTF! Man the STF used to be an amazing submission hold, now it's a joke. I don't mind that he only does 5 moves, hell Austin when he was at his highest level had 6 if you didn't include stomping on people in a few different ways, but couldn't he at least have moves he could do well? His no sell bugs me too, he's not the only person who cant sell, but at the top of the company he should be able to. Yeah Hogan couldn't sell either, which is why I laughed my ass off when Michaels oversold that whole match.

Ray is just like the LoD were in the end. Selfish and unwilling to put anyone over clean clinging to a legacy made by other people selling their moves