PDA

View Full Version : Another 2nd Generation Wrestler to WWE

Rich Cranium
11-22-2010, 04:37 PM
Wes Brisco, son of Jerry Brisco, will soon be brought up to the WWE roster. I have never seen him wrestle but of course he has the family genes via his dad and uncle, former 2x NWA champ and 1st Native American NCAA champion out of Oklahoma - Jack Brisco.

For those of you who were watching wrestling 20 years ago, would you have ever thought the stars you saw in the ring then would have sons in the spotlight now?

Robstar
11-22-2010, 05:02 PM
Don't think it ever occured to me TBH. I remember Ricky Steamboat bringing his baby son to the ring though! The Brisco's retired before I got to see them. Still, makes you feel old!

SilverLace
11-22-2010, 05:25 PM
Yes, I remember watching Ric Flair bring in his son Reid to wrestle Eric Bischoff on Nitro when he was like 7 or so. Now, I hear he is on TNA's roster although not used as of yet.

Bodom
11-22-2010, 05:28 PM
Yes, I remember watching Ric Flair bring in his son Reid to wrestle Eric Bischoff on Nitro when he was like 7 or so. Now, I hear he is on TNA's roster although not used as of yet.

This the same Reid that's been arrested for cocaine?

CobraNightviper
11-22-2010, 05:38 PM
yes it is...

Sydnister
11-22-2010, 07:51 PM
I have been watching wrestling for 30+ years and it is cool to see the kids of the stars that I grew up on in the ring today. Who would have thought that I would still be watching Orton, Rhodes, Dibiase, etc... all these years later.

JLeeDude1892
11-22-2010, 08:53 PM
I go to a bunch of FCW Events, and I have seen Wes wrestle on many occasions. I believe that he is a very talented wrestler and that he could be a great new face on either Smackdown or RAW.

Kashdinero
11-22-2010, 08:58 PM
This the same Reid that's been arrested for cocaine?

I thought it was heroin (I could be mistaken)..... If it was he's in trouble!

Rich Cranium
11-22-2010, 08:58 PM
Now that I think about it, when I posted this thread I stated "sons" of former stars. I now realize I should have said sons/daughters as in Nattie Neidhart and dare I say Lacey von Erich who is now a former knockout. Hey, at least should was better than David Arquette:)

Iron Ape
11-22-2010, 09:04 PM
I thought it was heroin (I could be mistaken)..... If it was he's in trouble!

No, you're right. Reid is a heroin user.

Kashdinero
11-22-2010, 10:01 PM
There seems to be a never ending supply of 2nd gen superstars (male and female) waiting in the wings. Its kinda cool in a nostalgic way to see the offspring of the wrestlers I grew up watching but it stops there. Most of them arrive at fcw with little or no experience where they learn how to wrestle the WWE way before getting thrown on to Raw or SD. How can these 2nd gen wrestlers ever expect to fill their fathers boots this way. Experience should be the first thing WWE looks for when hiring, instead it's mocked by their lead announcer on live TV. WTF! I'm not saying that they won't grow into great wrestlers but why should we have to put up with all their growing pains along the way.
It's no coincidence that Daniel Bryan, Kaval, the Hart Dynasty and Punk (to name a few) have great matches. They've taken what they learned on their considerable journey to the big league and applied it to the WWE style and have worked wonders from the start of their WWE careers (long ones I hope)
The same can't be said for the likes of Tamina, Cody, McGuilicutty (ugh), Huskey and now Wes.
I'm not saying having a rookie or two on the roster is a bad thing at all. But it's ricockulous (Y2Jism) to fill nearly half your roster with these newbies. It's hard to even consider it the big leagues when some of these cardboard cutouts are in the ring.

The reason things are like this is the WWE is a business and these guys come cheap! More experience equals more money the company have to fork out. I bet the wages of the current roster is lower than it's ever been. Still they can't waste money on talent when theres elections to be lost.

Kashdinero
11-22-2010, 10:09 PM
No, you're right. Reid is a heroin user.

Then I'm willing to bet that he'll never get to the WWE.

SilverCena
11-22-2010, 10:10 PM
Makes you wonder what 2nd, 3rd, etc. gen star we'll see 20 years from now! Hopefully, Cena will have a bucketload of kids so we can have a CENA Stable Boiiiiiiiiiii!

Iron Ape
11-22-2010, 10:26 PM
Then I'm willing to bet that he'll never get to the WWE.

Oh, hell no. Besides, as far as talent goes, he's his father's son in pretty much name only.

Kashdinero
11-23-2010, 12:00 AM
Oh, hell no. Besides, as far as talent goes, he's his father's son in pretty much name only.

I've seen him. His look is ghastly and his ability is worse than Davids!

Probably a future TNA main eventer! This time next year he could be feuding with Bischoffs son lol.

Spear-O-Matic
11-25-2010, 01:19 PM
Makes you wonder what 2nd, 3rd, etc. gen star we'll see 20 years from now! Hopefully, Cena will have a bucketload of kids so we can have a CENA Stable Boiiiiiiiiiii!

Dear lord... You are a mad man. How could you wish such a thing on the industry? And what? Would Darren Young be the Wade Barrett/Ric Flair/Triple H of this new stable?