PDA

View Full Version : You're Hired!

Torphy
10-05-2012, 01:50 PM
So, Vince McMahon knocks at your door, he's heard all about how you're unhappy with certain things with the WWE, he even chuckled at that sarcastic comment you made about John Cena's wrestling ability on the new fangled interwebs. You're shocked, confused and sweating profusely as he reaches into his pocket, it's a gun! No, of course it isn't, it's a piece of paper, it's a contract, with the words 'Head of Creative' at the top. He explains that he's fired everyone and he wants YOU to write for him, because that post you made about how WWE just isn't any good anymore really inspired him to change things up. You signed on the dotted line and he whisks you away in a limousine and straight to his private jet, he's even got a work visa all set up for you (for non american members). You reach WWE HQ and he shows you your new office, you sit down and Vince just stares at you expectantly, the silence is awkward. Finally he speaks:

"Well?"

So, lets say this ridiculous scenario ever happened, and you became WWE's new head writer, what would be your FIRST order of business in terms of turning the WWE around?

My first order of business? I'd tell Vince to go find Shane, get down on his knees and plead with him to come back to the company, because Raw needs a GM that I can actually believe in!

Darkside Ron Garvin
10-05-2012, 02:17 PM
My first action would be to tell Vince that I will only write for a maximum of 4 hours of programming a week. 2 Hours for Raw, 2 For SD, 1 for SMS, 1 for NTX... Whatever format he wants would be fine, but only 4 hours of Wrestling programming a week. Anything else would be geared towards the WWE's YouTube section in order to help further characters on the roster. Even that wouldn't be me alone, but rather working with talent to find out what they would like to do with their character or their opinions on how they want their character to come across. Writing for 8+ hours of wrestling program a week (including promos, sequences, commentators) allows for me to just recycle my ideas far too many times and to not accomplish any sort of change in the direction of where the story is going. It's just going to make me repeat myself over and over and that's the reason the E fired their creative in the first place; repetition.

akbar
10-05-2012, 02:41 PM
Hire some guys from hollywood who knoW their wrestling, and their sole purpose is to work with the wrestlers, helping them cut promos, develop their characters and think of interesting storylines for them to be in.

Destruction
10-05-2012, 02:57 PM
Rehire Jericho

Edit: Head writer! Not head of talent relations! Instead I'd put the Divas Championship on Natalya, and Ziggler become WHC.

Then before Survivor Series, the SuperShow concept would end

thejman93
10-05-2012, 03:06 PM
Give Paul Heyman my job. Collect royalties. Jerk off.

eboy
10-05-2012, 03:22 PM
Hire some guys from hollywood who knoW their wrestling, and their sole purpose is to work with the wrestlers, helping them cut promos, develop their characters and think of interesting storylines for them to be in.

Does this person exist? :D haha and if so...
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/20627085.jpg

In all seriousness I think there's a bad history with anyone having creative direction within a wrestling company, that isn't a "Wrestling guy". My first move would be to return RAW to 2 hours long, closely followed by the return of JBL to full time commentary.

akbar
10-05-2012, 03:28 PM
Does this person exist? :D haha and if so...
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/20627085.jpg

Wha... What?

eboy
10-05-2012, 03:41 PM
Wha... What?

Haha, I don't no really, in Media Studies we've been talking alot about Pulp Fiction and I've got it in my head.

akbar
10-05-2012, 03:52 PM
Haha, I don't no really, in Media Studies we've been talking alot about Pulp Fiction and I've got it in my head.
You didn't get it. lol

Tell me you've seen Pulp Fiction and that scene in particular?

eboy
10-05-2012, 03:55 PM
Wha... What?

You didn't get it. lol

Tell me you've seen Pulp Fiction and that scene in particular?

Oh of course- how stupid of me haha- I get it now, that's what happens to a tired mind on a friday evening.

Tommy Thunder
10-05-2012, 09:33 PM
Wha... What?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SPpEFlpkMY

SouthernBlood
10-05-2012, 10:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SPpEFlpkMY

Love this...It was on a old Snoop Dogg and 50 cent song way back when I was younger...The Intro to it actually I loved it every time...That dude just goes off on em all the way...

eboy
10-06-2012, 01:40 AM
It appears this thread has been...DeRAILED!!! Sorry Toprhster, back on topic please people :D