PDA

View Full Version : Al Snow Vs Joey Ryan

AWrestlingGod
10-04-2012, 10:58 PM
I'm seriously looking forward to this match at Bound for Glory, I think even though Al Snow is kind of old he is a really underrated wrestler, and I've seen what Joey Ryan could do in PWG an he is great being a former PWG World Champion means a lot. This match might be a show-stealer. I'm pulling for Joey Ryan in this one.

Thoughts on this match

DK Wrestling Savior
10-04-2012, 11:16 PM
I'm seriously looking forward to this match at Bound for Glory, I think even though Al Snow is kind of old he is a really underrated wrestler, and I've seen what Joey Ryan could do in PWG an he is great being a former PWG World Champion means a lot. This match might be a show-stealer. I'm pulling for Joey Ryan in this one.

Thoughts on this match

I hoping for the best. I'm not sure it will be a show-stealer though, as I think Al Snow is gonna do something to allow him to win. Snow should manage him after that too.

Sexualchocolate
10-04-2012, 11:55 PM
Idk what it is, in the begining I kinda likes Joey Ryan but after past few Impacts especially tonights, I feel like he is still kinda green and needs more mic work. Or maybe not green, seems more like he is got a lot of nervous energy and is trying to hard to sell his character. As for original post. Al snow loses joey gets contract another young jobber on the roster.

Sicksnuff17
10-05-2012, 12:35 AM
I guess I missed the memo cuz im not digging this match

PSOjedi
10-05-2012, 12:55 AM
I'm not really interested in this match at this time. It may change during the match who knows. And for me it's obvious that Ryan will win, and if he does not, then all this thing would have been a waste of time. Of course I will watch it, but I'm not really interested actually.

Poot-Hair
10-05-2012, 07:16 AM
I would have rather watched a fat, out of shape, broke necked Tazz face Joey Ryan anyday than Al Snow. He was decent at best 10 years ago and watchable at best 15 years ago. Had it not been for "Head" he would have been jobbing to Spike Dudley and Crash Holly.

RED X
10-05-2012, 07:16 AM
I thought the build up was a little awkward, and I am not exactly digging Magnum P.I lite. BUTTTT... I am very excited to see Al Snow perform again because I absolutely loved the guy while I was growing up. I wonder if he will have those old saggy veteran man tits.

tupelojoe81
10-05-2012, 08:23 AM
I assume Al doesnt have similar music to his WWE days................WHAT DOES EVERYBODY WANT??????

Cabers
10-05-2012, 09:10 AM
I think its going to be a good match and the fact that it is Joey Ryan it should be fantastic!!

Darkside Ron Garvin
10-05-2012, 09:30 AM
What better way to bring in a guy who "Wants to bring Sleazey Back" to have him face a guy who "just wants a little head"?

johnnyvine
10-05-2012, 01:22 PM
The start of the storyline was a little strange.
Pritchard said NO and Tazz did too, while Al said Yes.
Joey then went after Tazz, who was never gonna get in the ring and wrestle again.
Six months later Joey and Al are going at it.
Shouldn't they have had Al say No? after all he was the only one of the three who could wrestle, and Tazz say Yes?

Automatic
10-05-2012, 01:41 PM
being a former PWG World Champion means a lot.

Legit laughed out loud.

But let's hope for the best. I wonder how Snow's body is doing these days.

SESAfro
10-05-2012, 02:33 PM
Legit laughed out loud.

Let's just hope he's been doing better than Billy Kidman.

AWrestlingGod
10-05-2012, 04:28 PM
Legit laughed out loud.

To be fair I go to the show ever month and I've seen Chris hero, A.J Styles, and Bryan Danielson win the PWG world championship so its a very prestigious title in my eyes.

TheJosephBanks
10-05-2012, 04:35 PM
Joey then went after Tazz, who was never gonna get in the ring and wrestle again.
Shouldn't they have had Al say No? after all he was the only one of the three who could wrestle, and Tazz say Yes?

That bothered me too.

Someone told me it was because Al Snow basically told him he was acting like a dick and kicked him out, or something.

That and the time between building it up, seemed to be very spacious. It seemed to die down, then pop back up, for a segment, then vanish - killing my interest in it, overall.

Darkside Ron Garvin
10-05-2012, 04:40 PM
To be fair I go to the show ever month and I've seen Chris hero, A.J Styles, and Bryan Danielson win the PWG world championship so its a very prestigious title in my eyes.

Good point, as I see the IWC Super Indy Title as a "somewhat" prestigious title having been held by AJ Styles, Johnny Gargano, Chris Sabin, Low-Ki... But that doesn't mean everyone thinks of it that way. But if it means something to you, and you see something in the rising stock of Joey Ryan then buy into it fully; I do. But that doesn't mean that all people see that the same way when it comes to PWG. I think they do well with their shows, but I can't say that I would put the term "prestige" with the title, regardless of how much I like the promotion.

AWrestlingGod
10-05-2012, 10:32 PM
Good point, as I see the IWC Super Indy Title as a "somewhat" prestigious title having been held by AJ Styles, Johnny Gargano, Chris Sabin, Low-Ki... But that doesn't mean everyone thinks of it that way. But if it means something to you, and you see something in the rising stock of Joey Ryan then buy into it fully; I do. But that doesn't mean that all people see that the same way when it comes to PWG. I think they do well with their shows, but I can't say that I would put the term "prestige" with the title, regardless of how much I like the promotion.

True, I just thought the PWG title means something haha

eboy
10-06-2012, 01:47 AM

The storyline is based on the fact that Al Snow WAS the one who said yes, and when Joey Ryan kept turning up and verbally attacking Tazz, Al Snow gets angry and wants to teach the little kid some respect, Snow says "I said YES to you and know you come here and act like a jerk, well I have had enough of it" (paraphrasing here). Perhaps Tazz was toying with the idea of a ring return or perhaps this storyline wasn't planned from the begining, but either way the reasoning is sound to me, whether you have it at your BIGGEST PPV of the year or not is another question.

AWrestlingGod
10-06-2012, 02:58 AM
The storyline is based on the fact that Al Snow WAS the one who said yes, and when Joey Ryan kept turning up and verbally attacking Tazz, Al Snow gets angry and wants to teach the little kid some respect, Snow says "I said YES to you and know you come here and act like a jerk, well I have had enough of it" (paraphrasing here). Perhaps Tazz was toying with the idea of a ring return or perhaps this storyline wasn't planned from the begining, but either way the reasoning is sound to me, whether you have it at your BIGGEST PPV of the year or not is another question.

Yea got to admit it sounds like a match for Genesis or something.

eboy
10-07-2012, 11:32 AM
Yea got to admit it sounds like a match for Genesis or something.

Agreed, perhaps TNA are under the misconception that the Joey angle is shit hot, I mean it's ok, it's fresh but it's not hot enough to justify a Bound For Glory debut, and although I have no fear that Al Snow can still give a passable match, it shouldn't be a BFG, they should of had it Turning Point or even on an Open Fight Night.

Automatic
10-07-2012, 04:39 PM

That's great. But on a national level, indy titles mean nothing.

Darkside Ron Garvin
10-07-2012, 06:56 PM
On a side note - Anyone who uses twitter to follow wrestling stories, the jabs Ryan and Snow are taking are helping to get me more into the match. What's amazing is the amount of supporters Al Snow still has.

TheGreatOne
10-09-2012, 07:30 PM
Started off nice and hot, but the fued was totally mishandled. Why Taz or guys in the back thought it was a good idea to use him in a situation where you knew he would have to wrestle and couldn't obviously hurt this fued for me. Especially when are suppose to forget Taz is the one who he started the fued with. Recently when Joey Ryan threw water in the face of Al Snow's Taz walked off like Ryan wasn't there. If Taz doesn't give a crap, why should I? Al Snow wasn't a favorite of mine when he was in the WWE. Didn't watch original ECW so, but of course the moment of all the heads in the ring rings a bell to us all. The gut check joke of a challenge has been terrible because all the talent does is lose in the amount of less than 5 minutes. Than you try to tell me he is tough enough and belong on the TNA roster? You also have the fact the majority of the wrestlers make the roster. It should be the other way around. I'm probably the minority when I say, I'm not a big fan of Ryan's however, he is probably the best guy they ever had on gutcheck. What am I suppose to be anticipating at BFG? With Taz, I could look forward to Joey Ryan getting choked out. Al Snow only has "head" to look forward to. That is a huge difference. Which is probably why I could care less about the match.