PDA

View Full Version : Video Game Commentators ...

Vandarius
10-04-2012, 10:11 PM
Well, this is my first time posting a thread outside of the e-Fed forums! I figured I should spread my wings a bit ... So I have a question for you gamers out there!

Do you watch video game commentators (TobyGames, Pewdiepie, etc.) and if so, who do you enjoy the most?

Also ... Shameless advertisement :3 I started my own video game commentary channel during the summer and I'm getting it fired back up again! Check it out sometime! ;D

Channel: VandariusGaming

http://www.youtube.com/user/VandariusGaming/featured

Rehmix
10-05-2012, 12:26 AM
I love that those are the two that you mention. I do watch them, but they aren't even in my top ten for Game commentators.

The first one i ever started watching was Chuggaaconroy. This lead to watching SSoHPKC, Hutch, and Seananners. Watching SSoH lead me to watch most of The Creatures but mostly Nova. I also watch NintendoCapriSun and TheRunawayGuys.

LPer's
Chugga
SSoH
NintendoCapriSun
TheRunawayGuys
Nova
hankgames
TobyGames

Gameplay Commentators
Seananners
Hutch
OnlyUseMeBlade
WoodysGamertag

Griefers/Funny Gaming
BroTeamPill
GoodGriefing
LostInPlace
RandytheRobot

Tomsta666
10-05-2012, 04:45 AM
Don't really watch much of the commentaries. I do enjoy the reviewers though. Zero Punctuation and Angry Video Game nerd being my favourites :)

CGBigMan
10-05-2012, 04:47 AM
i used to exclusively watch CoD commentators but when they started playing more games i started watching more
Hutch
Seananners
Sam5000
Trout 91
AirJapes
there the main ones i watch

Vandarius
10-05-2012, 06:27 AM
I love that those are the two that you mention. I do watch them, but they aren't even in my top ten for Game commentators.

The first one i ever started watching was Chuggaaconroy. This lead to watching SSoHPKC, Hutch, and Seananners. Watching SSoH lead me to watch most of The Creatures but mostly Nova. I also watch NintendoCapriSun and TheRunawayGuys.

LPer's
Chugga
SSoH
NintendoCapriSun
TheRunawayGuys
Nova
hankgames
TobyGames

Gameplay Commentators
Seananners
Hutch
OnlyUseMeBlade
WoodysGamertag

Griefers/Funny Gaming
BroTeamPill
GoodGriefing
LostInPlace
RandytheRobot

^^ You have better memory than I do. I can only remember Toby, Pewdie, Nova, and Stez xD

Viperfish
10-05-2012, 10:46 AM
Angry Video Game Nerd only, but I don't know if that counts since it's more in a review style. I've never seen a point to those videos where it's just a guy playing and talking. I'd rather be playing the game myself, which is funny when I mention AVGN since he does bad games usually and that takes the element of "rather be playing the game myself" right out of it.

zapphoman
10-05-2012, 10:55 AM
I watch Two Best Friends Play on youtube. Those guys are freaking hilarious. I also watch Zero Punctuation and Angry Joe Reviews but I guess those last two don't count.

Iron Ape
10-05-2012, 02:45 PM
Angry Video Game Nerd only, but I don't know if that counts since it's more in a review style. I've never seen a point to those videos where it's just a guy playing and talking. I'd rather be playing the game myself, which is funny when I mention AVGN since he does bad games usually and that takes the element of "rather be playing the game myself" right out of it.
This.

The overwhelming majority of these commentators aren't nearly as informative, amusing, and/or entertaining as they seem to think they are, so the appeal is kind of lost on me. If I wanted to hear some people blather aimlessly while playing, I'd just invite my own friends over for some drunken game shenanigans.