PDA

View Full Version : Similar Austin/Orton and Rock/Cena

Havoc2015
11-22-2010, 02:42 PM
Does it seem wierd that the similarities between Rock/Cena and Austin/Orton? Rock and Cena were the crowd favorite while Randy and Austin go both ways. I mean Randy and Austin have those traits that nobody is their friend and they can turn on you in any minute, while The Rock and Cena are those people who try to make the fans happy, (excluding 2003 Rock) am i the only one to see that? They both (Austin/Rock Orton/Cena) have fond respect for each other but a violent rivalry. Correct me if you think different.

Xpacfan
11-22-2010, 03:42 PM
^ Bullshit

Thewoodcutter
11-22-2010, 03:57 PM
I can't stand the Orton Stone cold comparison. I don't know were people continue to get this from

Cena
11-22-2010, 04:02 PM
Stone Cod and Orton are 2 different people. Cena and Rock no same person!

Bodom
11-22-2010, 04:02 PM
People see "mega over tweener" and think "austin"

Thewoodcutter
11-22-2010, 04:10 PM
Austin had some of the best promos ever, Orton I don't know I fall asleep when e starts talking.

Cena
11-22-2010, 04:12 PM
Austin bringing swagger to table for you but otron bring sleepy snake

Bodom
11-22-2010, 04:12 PM
Orton's never cut a decent promo...hell most of matches are boring too

Thewoodcutter
11-22-2010, 04:21 PM
Orton's never cut a decent promo...hell most of matches are boring too

Totally agreed

Necroyeti
11-22-2010, 04:25 PM
Austin? Nooooooo, Randy Orton is more like Xerxes from 300

http://www.intellirex.com/myspace/images/americancorn/history/Xerxes.jpg

AndherestheJ
11-22-2010, 04:44 PM
Does it seem wierd that the similarities between Rock/Cena and Austin/Orton? Rock and Cena were the crowd favorite while Randy and Austin go both ways. I mean Randy and Austin have those traits that nobody is their friend and they can turn on you in any minute, while The Rock and Cena are those people who try to make the fans happy, (excluding 2003 Rock) am i the only one to see that? They both (Austin/Rock Orton/Cena) have fond respect for each other but a violent rivalry. Correct me if you think different.

I can see the attraction to find similarities between Orton and Stone Cold. You know Viper/Rattlesnake, RKO/Stone Cold Stunner. But the truth of the matter is they are to very different beings.

For this let's balance the playing field:
Put them both on a PG rating. Meaning Stone Cold can't drink beer and swear yadda yadda yadda

Still in the end we have Stone Cold still being more verbal about his emotions and doing whatever he feels like. While Orton is more of a "silent stalker" type and waits for his opprotunity to strike. I mean have you really ever seen Randy say more than two words at any given mic time. Stone Cold looking back spent A LOT of time on the mic.

For the Cena/Rock comparison use this chart:
Cena = Crap
Rock = Awesomeness

'nuff said.

Bodom
11-22-2010, 04:45 PM
Cena = Crap
Rock = Awesomeness

You could have just left it at that lol

Cena
11-22-2010, 04:47 PM
Cena not crap as cena good! Rocky is just ok imop.

Thewoodcutter
11-22-2010, 04:52 PM
Cena used to be sorta entertaining now is really is just crap

jcagosto
11-22-2010, 05:14 PM
John Cena is the result of the one time that The Rock didn't flush the toilet in the locker room.

Finally..
11-22-2010, 05:31 PM
no comparison. austin owns orton. rock totally owns cena. its insulting to the veterans to even make that comparison.

wallyman
11-22-2010, 05:32 PM
lol orton is so scripted up the asss...while austin was just natural nothing felth force about him...plus he didnt twitch...also no way is cena near the rocks level...the closes thing to rock is jericho and the pope from tna///

Mr. Man
11-22-2010, 05:33 PM
John Cena is the result of the one time that The Rock didn't flush the toilet in the locker room.

Wow...just wow...ROFLMAO!

lucky7pointman
11-22-2010, 06:06 PM
I can't stand the Orton Stone cold comparison. I don't know were people continue to get this from

both austin and orton do heel shit that the fan cheer for and both act like sob

Bodom
11-22-2010, 06:09 PM
So? People cheered for heel Jericho and nobody compared him to Austin.

Thats horrible reasoning.

Thewoodcutter
11-22-2010, 06:18 PM
The fact people even compare them makes me hate Orton and Cena even more then I already do. There will neveerrrrrr evvvvvvvvvver be another Stone Cold or The Rock Agaaaaiinn

Belzova
11-22-2010, 06:58 PM
The one wrestler I believe can NEVER be replaced is Chris Jericho. He was truly one of a kind. He stayed with the company that made him bigger than he was while Austin an Rock abandoned the industry to work on crappy movies. Though, I think 'Faster' might be a good movie. MAYBE. But if you think about it Rock an Austin were like two John Cena's.. Great on the mic.. BAD IN THE RING! It is just easier to hate on specific wrestlers an 'things' these days. The horrible creative do John Cena no justice an his character is getting REALLY stale which is obviously nothing new to you guys.

Randy Orton has always wrestled the same way as he always has. Just because he adopted this ridiculous snake like persona is when all of the talk began. He is in ways like Austin... SORRY guys!! But he really is. His finisher closely resembles the stunner.. He stomps all over his opponent like a fat lady does when she sees a roach on the floor, and only has 2 effective moves in his arsenal which is the back breaker an his RKO finisher. But their mic skills are worlds apart. Randy sounds like a bored out of his fucking mind robot while Austin sounded like an every mans-man. When he spoke everybody shut up. When Ortons talks you can still hear the crowd. That is where THEY are different.

Scottland
11-22-2010, 07:08 PM
lol orton is so scripted up the asss...while austin was just natural nothing felth force about him...plus he didnt twitch...also no way is cena near the rocks level...the closes thing to rock is jericho and the pope from tna///

Wait a minute...The Pope from TNA? Yeah...The Pope ISN'T by ANY MARGIN close to The Rock. The Pope isn't even 1% close to what The Rock was. That's just an out-and-out insult to The Rock even Jericho.

Necroyeti
11-22-2010, 07:11 PM
Agreed, but The Pope is still pretty decent on the mic

Scottland
11-22-2010, 07:13 PM
But if you think about it Rock an Austin were like two John Cena's.. Great on the mic.. BAD IN THE RING! It is just easier to hate on specific wrestlers an 'things' these days. The horrible creative do John Cena no justice an his character is getting REALLY stale which is obviously nothing new to you guys.

The Rock & Austin where NOT BAD in the ring by any margin. Your credibility just went out the door let alone saying Austin & Rock were like two John Cena's...yeah, my ass they were. John Cena has more in common with the Brooklyn Brawler then Austin or Rock.

Belzova
11-22-2010, 07:19 PM
The Rock & Austin where NOT BAD in the ring by any margin. Your credibility just went out the door let alone saying Austin & Rock were like two John Cena's...yeah, my ass they were. John Cena has more in common with the Brooklyn Brawler then Austin or Rock.

Do not get me wrong... I still like those guys. An I never had credibility. Sorry for voicing my own opinion on what I thought about The Rock an Steve Austin.

Necroyeti
11-22-2010, 07:25 PM
Stone Cold was only really a "bad" wrestler towards the end of his run with WWE, as the troubles with his neck and knees started to catch up to him. But if anything, that shows just how incredible he actually was.... If I remember, it looked as if he was struggling to walk to the ring half the time, yet he still managed to put on enjoyable matches.

Scottland
11-22-2010, 07:33 PM
First off, Austin/Orton have more in common then Rock/Cena ever do. Cena/Hogan is the better comparison then Rock/Cena. Second off, yes, there is some comparisons between Orton & Austin (deal with it) BUT NO ONE is saying Orton & Austin are the same character in which they are not. Austin is Austin & Orton is Orton. Orton doesn't need to cut a promo to get the crowd to pop which speaks volumes about his popularity. Orton is not one of those over-the-top promo guys like Rock, Austin, Jericho, HBK & so forth but that doesn't make him "bad" by any margin. Promos don't define everything by any means & if they did then guys like Benoit, Bryan, Morrison & so forth would be some of the worst in the industry. There have been alot of guys that don't do hardly any promos like Benoit, Taker, Lesnar, Bryan, Morrison & so forth & yes, they all have there weaknesses as well but that doesn't take away everything about them. I mean I don't find for example Daniel Bryan anything special by any means. Yeah, he's solid in the ring but he just out-and-out sucks as an entertainer (& bores me) which is something that is highly important in today's wrestling business. Orton, Taker & so forth my not be the best overall "wrestlers" like Bryan (who can be exciting at times) but they are hell of alot more entertaining & put on a show during there matches.

Scottland
11-22-2010, 07:35 PM
Do not get me wrong... I still like those guys. An I never had credibility. Sorry for voicing my own opinion on what I thought about The Rock an Steve Austin.

You have the right to say whatever you want but I'm just completely disagreeing with you on this particular matter.

Scottland
11-22-2010, 07:36 PM
Stone Cold was only really a "bad" wrestler towards the end of his run with WWE, as the troubles with his neck and knees started to catch up to him. But if anything, that shows just how incredible he actually was.... If I remember, it looked as if he was struggling to walk to the ring half the time, yet he still managed to put on enjoyable matches.

Austin had injury problems before he started hitting it big then of course, the neck injury didn't help down-the-road.

Havoc2015
11-22-2010, 07:46 PM
ok all four were good wrestlers but Cena was a bit overrated randy was just ridiculous with the psycho gimmick but great wrestler rock was just that damn good and Austin was just good in all ways

SaberToothTigerz
11-22-2010, 07:49 PM
bottom line is u cant compare austin with cena cena with orton orton with rock rock with cena its just impossible
cena is a poster child the face of wwe his gimmick appeals mainly to the younger and female audience, orton is a neautral guy no face or heel orton carries his role pretty damn well with a soft scent of attitude era but that's how he is however orton canot be compared to austin
austin is a redneck or should i say..a proud texan beer drinking lover and a tough sob nontheless the rock a pretty good solid face with the most pops from the crowd ever, whenever these two collided they stole the show and cena/orton now that gets old these two have feud inumerous times just like during the rock and austin era but then again wwe has done these long feuds time and time again remember edge and cena..but i get ur point cena/orton two young superstars in their prime to try rewrite history yea well..cena and orton arent our idols they are the kids idols who one day when they grow up will say to eachothers "man those were the days of cena vs orton i love every moment of it"
sure these kids grew up watching wwe when cena became wwe champion or a little bit afterwards but to them wwe is like how it was for us during the attitude era..

thejman93
11-22-2010, 07:58 PM
Orton may be the only main event guy in the business who can't cut a promo... Santino can hype a match better than "The Viper" and that, ladies and gentlemen, is sad.

Hesterica
11-22-2010, 08:03 PM
The one wrestler I believe can NEVER be replaced is Chris Jericho. He was truly one of a kind. He stayed with the company that made him bigger than he was while Austin an Rock abandoned the industry to work on crappy movies. Though, I think 'Faster' might be a good movie. MAYBE. But if you think about it Rock an Austin were like two John Cena's.. Great on the mic.. BAD IN THE RING! It is just easier to hate on specific wrestlers an 'things' these days. The horrible creative do John Cena no justice an his character is getting REALLY stale which is obviously nothing new to you guys.

Randy Orton has always wrestled the same way as he always has. Just because he adopted this ridiculous snake like persona is when all of the talk began. He is in ways like Austin... SORRY guys!! But he really is. His finisher closely resembles the stunner.. He stomps all over his opponent like a fat lady does when she sees a roach on the floor, and only has 2 effective moves in his arsenal which is the back breaker an his RKO finisher. But their mic skills are worlds apart. Randy sounds like a bored out of his fucking mind robot while Austin sounded like an every mans-man. When he spoke everybody shut up. When Ortons talks you can still hear the crowd. That is where THEY are different.

Austin is a good wrestler. You could see this especially during his days with Brian Pillman as the Hollywood Blondes. It was his brawling style which made him famous. But, when he needed to, SCSA could go toe-to-toe with any wrestler. I remember one Raw when the Radicalz just came into the WWF. Chris Benoit berated Austin for not knowing how to wrestle. Then, they had a pretty awesome WRESTLING match.

The Rock on the other hand is very versatile. He could brawl, go off the top, go slow pace or fast pace. He too had a great match with another prominent wrestler in the form of Kurt Angle. Plus, he is one of the best in-ring sellers there is. Some might argue that he overdoes it but that's what makes it great since it translates well on TV.

Cena
11-22-2010, 08:06 PM
Austin is a good wrestler. You could see this especially during his days with Brian Pillman as the Hollywood Blondes. It was his brawling style which made him famous. But, when he needed to, SCSA could go toe-to-toe with any wrestler. I remember one Raw when the Radicalz just came into the WWF. Chris Benoit berated Austin for not knowing how to wrestle. Then, they had a pretty awesome WRESTLING match.

The Rock on the other hand is very versatile. He could brawl, go off the top, go slow pace or fast pace. He too had a great match with another prominent wrestler in the form of Kurt Angle. Plus, he is one of the best in-ring sellers there is. Some might argue that he overdoes it but that's what makes it great since it translates well on TV.

I agree all but Autin, he more of brawling style and he nose no mat stuff

Scottland
11-22-2010, 08:42 PM
Orton may be the only main event guy in the business who can't cut a promo... Santino can hype a match better than "The Viper" and that, ladies and gentlemen, is sad.

Santino can't hype s***. Santino's gimmick is just plain stupid & annoying let alone when has Santino ever had to hype a match to begin with? Never. Santino is just a lame SNL skit figure for Brain Gerwitz's obsession about being an SNL writer & that, ladies & gentlemen, is sad.

Orton may be the only main event guy in the business who can't cut a promo? Dude, are you new to the wrestling world? I'm guessing you are with such a misguided perception.

chaos75
11-22-2010, 08:55 PM
Santino can't hype s***. Santino's gimmick is just plain stupid & annoying let alone when has Santino ever had to hype a match to begin with? Never. Santino is just a lame SNL skit figure for Brain Gerwitz's obsession about being an SNL writer & that, ladies & gentlemen, is sad.

Santino can't hype shit. Yeah, that's right, I don't use * like you do. Are you deaf, cuz' it sounds like you've never heard the crowd when he cuts a promo.

But I got to agree with you that Orton isn't the only person with bad mic skills. Gice him some Microphone Skill Training for a bit.

Santino=yay for me
People that don't like Santino= boo from me

Finally..
11-23-2010, 01:43 AM
rock was unpredictable in the ring. he had the agility, the strength and the ability to work the crowd. a spinebuster out of nowhere in the middle of the ring and the crowd would be on their feet for the most electrifying move in sports entertainment.

cena has the 5 moves of death wtf

Scottland
11-23-2010, 01:53 AM
Santino can't hype shit. Yeah, that's right, I don't use * like you do. Are you deaf, cuz' it sounds like you've never heard the crowd when he cuts a promo.

But I got to agree with you that Orton isn't the only person with bad mic skills. Gice him some Microphone Skill Training for a bit.

Santino=yay for me
People that don't like Santino= boo from me

I've heard the crowd & yeah, he gets some minor chuckles from the crowd but he's nothing great by any means & again, Santino has never hyped a match to begin with. I just find him annoying & his whole act is just stupid. He's just a weak SNL skit figure.