PDA

View Full Version : eFed Show of the Month

Destruction
09-30-2012, 12:56 PM
Well, I was thinking about ideas for the site, and I thought of one simple one that doesn't need a new feature - a eFed of the month. The way it would work is you follow this template.

3: 3rd best show

2: 2nd best show

1: Best show

There would be a separate thread per month. You could only vote for one show per fed. It can be a weekly show or PPV. The third best show gets one point, the second best gets two, and the best gets three. No awards ceremony or anything - just the recognition the best fed deserves. For this though, you cannot vote for a fed you're on creative of.

Thoughts

Tommy Thunder
09-30-2012, 01:11 PM
It's a good idea, but, the one problem is biased voting. When it comes to e-fed recognition, some people have openly admitted that they're biased in their voting etc.
Perhaps if you included a rule where you can't vote for your own fed? I think that would eliminate that problem.

Destruction
09-30-2012, 01:14 PM
It's a good idea, but, the one problem is biased voting. When it comes to e-fed recognition, some people have openly admitted that they're biased in their voting etc.
Perhaps if you included a rule where you can't vote for your own fed? I think that would eliminate that problem.

Good point. I'll add that in.

TheDevilsAdvocate
09-30-2012, 01:14 PM
No. I'm against this idea since it could potentially kill the morale of a creative writer and or writers.

Tommy Thunder
09-30-2012, 01:16 PM
No. I'm against this idea since it could potentially kill the morale of a creative writer and or writers.

To counteract that, it could have the reverse affect; to motivate said writer/writers.
As a creative member myself, that's how I would interpret it.

SilverGhost
09-30-2012, 01:16 PM

I feel the same way and add in some other factors, like people not reading all of the shows. Like Tommy said, biased.

Destruction
09-30-2012, 01:23 PM
I feel the same way and add in some other factors, like people not reading all of the shows. Like Tommy said, biased.

But at the same time - a fed doing well in the aforementioned award would encourage others to read their shows and possibly join said fed.

TheJosephBanks
09-30-2012, 01:42 PM

Personally, I'd have it so that the creative writers themselves either:

Can't vote
or
Can't vote for their own thread.

Leaving the rest of the E-fedders to vote freely, otherwise, even if they DO think their show was the best written, they'd have to vote for something else.

Tommy Thunder
09-30-2012, 02:06 PM
There's pros and cons to this idea no doubt.
We'll see what happens.

VanHooliganX
09-30-2012, 04:34 PM

I think it's a good idea but the cons are quite bad compared to the pros.

With TDAs reason you also have the JBW peeps voting just JBWs, same for EWNCW, same for WWEs and same for SRWs people.

Plus I don't think everyone reads every brand of every fed.

Tommy Thunder
09-30-2012, 04:48 PM
I think it's a good idea but the cons are quite bad compared to the pros.

With TDAs reason you also have the JBW peeps voting just JBWs, same for EWNCW, same for WWEs and same for SRWs people.

Plus I don't think everyone reads every brand of every fed.

Bolded for truth.
There was a time that I did personally read all the shows available. But as new feds have started up and the current ones have expanded it's got too much to keep up with everything. I just read the shows I'm involved with now, unless a show gets rave reviews, then I'd take the time to read it.

Poot-Hair
09-30-2012, 09:19 PM
I went with no due to the simple fact that coming off of all the debacle(s) we've had here recently, having others scrutinizing your show while praising others could lead to the dreaded "eFed Butthurt Syndrome" and eBS comes in many shapes and forms here on eWN.

VanHooliganX
09-30-2012, 09:25 PM
Bolded for truth.
There was a time that I did personally read all the shows available. But as new feds have started up and the current ones have expanded it's got too much to keep up with everything. I just read the shows I'm involved with now, unless a show gets rave reviews, then I'd take the time to read it.

I'm kind of the same. Before I even joined I looked at a handful of posts from all feds to see what this was about since I was a complete newbie. No way in hell by the time I did begin I could of read all shows.

I doubt I could now if I really wanted too.

What's that saying? Not enough hours in a day lol