PDA

View Full Version : TNA PPV vs WWE PPV

westy
11-22-2010, 09:41 AM
Just seen a comment left from a WWE fan who watched this years Survivor Series, he mentioned that there were only 71 minutes of wrestling on a 180 minute PPV. Hmmm... now I have made this thread for all those TNA haters that keep saying Impact has too many angles, and not enough wrestling. Isn't that how it's supposed to be?

TV shows are there to build up the next PPV. But the PPV is there to showcase the matches, I would feel cheated if I only got that amount of wrestling for a 3 hour show.

Now I never watched Survivor Series so I can't critise it that much. But I know any TNA PPV will have far more minutes of wrestling than 71, I mean that is ridiculouse.

Silverdust
11-22-2010, 09:47 AM
SS PPV offered promos by the Miz and interview time with Orton, Barret, and Cena and video packages of what led to the matches. Are you discontent about WWE video packages?

westy
11-22-2010, 10:28 AM
Well yes if they take up over half of the PPV, fans don't pay for that. WWE fans are always complaining about TNA not having enough matches on their shows. But when you have a PPV you get your moneys worth, that's for sure.

SilverCena
11-22-2010, 10:34 AM
I know right! I feel like its a commercial break when they air these videos! I think we know the backgrounds or why would we order the PPV? Do you guys watch these lame videos? I dont!

Rassling_Fan
11-22-2010, 11:00 AM
Let's see how this this different from one another...

WWE PPV gave us 71 minutes in 180 minutes. TNA TV gave us 26 minutes for 120 minutes. Of those 120 minutes, commercials were shown in between those talking segments so they were longer periods of time with no wrestling. And to screw with those who DVR TNA, the main event flows to their third show which isn't recorded together.

Try comparing the TNA PPVs to the WWE PPVs and see how close the numbers match up.

Now I never watched Survivor Series so I can't critise it that much. But I know any TNA PPV will have far more minutes of wrestling than 71, I mean that is ridiculouse.
So you didn't see how they spaced out the time. That's pretty bad to even make this topic without seeing it for yourself.

el gabo
11-22-2010, 11:16 AM
Let's see how this this different from one another...

WWE PPV gave us 71 minutes in 180 minutes. TNA TV gave us 26 minutes for 120 minutes. Of those 120 minutes, commercials were shown in between those talking segments so they were longer periods of time with no wrestling. And to screw with those who DVR TNA, the main event flows to their third show which isn't recorded together.

Try comparing the TNA PPVs to the WWE PPVs and see how close the numbers match up.

So you didn't see how they spaced out the time. That's pretty bad to even make this topic without seeing it for yourself.

I watched SS last night and saw plenty of wrestling. I really don't know what people are bitching about.

I know that the promo videos are repetivive but, they are kind of necessary even if you know the whole story. It kind of like jumping into the action without foreplay. Women don't like that.

westy
11-22-2010, 11:50 AM
I watched SS last night and saw plenty of wrestling. I really don't know what people are bitching about.

I know that the promo videos are repetivive but, they are kind of necessary even if you know the whole story. It kind of like jumping into the action without foreplay. Women don't like that.

Hahaha brilliant about the foreplay mate.

If all of you were happy with the show and enjoyed it great, like I said I didn't see it, but when I read from a WWE fan that they had 71 mins of wrestling. I couldn't believe that.

As for Rassling_Fan if TNA play out all their angles and storylines on Impact then that's when it should be done no? Leave the main fight for the PPV. I do watch PPV's from TNA and you really do get your moneys worth, sure you have little videos to hype the match. I did say I can't critise the show because I didn't see it, but you need to understand how many WWE fans we get on here complaining about Impact not having enough wrestling on. Yet this is how to works is it not, TV shows are for hyping the match, building the feud, so that on the PPV you can get a good 20 min match or longer. Looking at some of the match lenghts especially the womens match, I can't believe how little wrestling time there was for a big WWE PPV.

el gabo
11-22-2010, 11:56 AM
Hahaha brilliant about the foreplay mate.

If all of you were happy with the show and enjoyed it great, like I said I didn't see it, but when I read from a WWE fan that they had 71 mins of wrestling. I couldn't believe that.

As for Rassling_Fan if TNA play out all their angles and storylines on Impact then that's when it should be done no? Leave the main fight for the PPV. I do watch PPV's from TNA and you really do get your moneys worth, sure you have little videos to hype the match. I did say I can't critise the show because I didn't see it, but you need to understand how many WWE fans we get on here complaining about Impact not having enough wrestling on. Yet this is how to works is it not, TV shows are for hyping the match, building the feud, so that on the PPV you can get a good 20 min match or longer. Looking at some of the match lenghts especially the womens match, I can't believe how little wrestling time there was for a big WWE PPV.

to be honest, I don't think it had just 71. I think each match hit the 10-15 minute marker. I wasn't keeping count but, they seemed long.

Necroyeti
11-22-2010, 12:56 PM
Turning Point: 1 awesome match, 2 good matches, 5 crap matches
Survivor Series: 2 awesome matches, 1-2 good matches, 4-5 crap matches (not sure on the Kane/Edge match yet)
(Glory By Honor IX: 4 awesome matches, 3 good matches, 1 crap match)

I thought both were dud PPVs, but I honestly wouldn't say either of them lacked wrestling. Say what you will about Impact or Raw though.

Rassling_Fan
11-22-2010, 01:27 PM
As for Rassling_Fan if TNA play out all their angles and storylines on Impact then that's when it should be done no? Leave the main fight for the PPV.
The thing is TNA is throwing away PPV level matches on Free TV. MCMG Vs Beer Money series was PPV quality on TV. They had PPV Quality matches so they could do their own ECW Reunion show and that sucked compared to the FPV they gave us.

I do watch PPV's from TNA and you really do get your moneys worth, sure you have little videos to hype the match. I did say I can't critise the show because I didn't see it, but you need to understand how many WWE fans we get on here complaining about Impact not having enough wrestling on.
I bet you get the same numbers if you count the wrestling from the promos. In fact, counting up the time for Bound For Glory and you got 100 minutes of wrestling for their 3 hour PPVs. It's a little over half the time of 180 minutes.

Yet this is how to works is it not, TV shows are for hyping the match, building the feud, so that on the PPV you can get a good 20 min match or longer. Looking at some of the match lenghts especially the womens match, I can't believe how little wrestling time there was for a big WWE PPV.
Do you mind linking us to this guy's time. Because I feel there are inaccuracies.

As for the purpose of TV shows, yes they are for hyping up matches and building feuds. The thing is, TNA doesn't do this well. For example: in two weeks, Matt Morgan got a face turn and a number one title shot at Jeff Hardy. This came out of left field considering the reason he turned was for Anderson's concussion when he himself gave Hernandez a concussion.

Or how they built on EV2.0 Vs Fortune 5 on 5 to fire someone. They didn't. They just have RVD being tricked by a guy known for lying thinking one of his own was betraying him. And of all of them, he didn't expect Rhyno but the die hard ECW man Tommy Dreamer or his best friend Sabu?

The only match from their last PPV with a good build up was the only good match from that PPV, MCMG Vs Team 3D, which had a few minutes of promos hyping Team 3D and MCMG proving themselves worthy to take them on by beating other teams. It made the supposed last Team 3D match interesting because it was going to be their last but also made the MCMG look capable of taking them on.

That's the thing you don't realize. You can build up a PPV and a storyline in matches. And if the two parties involved are just that good, you don't even need to build it up.

el gabo
11-22-2010, 01:46 PM
The thing is TNA is throwing away PPV level matches on Free TV. MCMG Vs Beer Money series was PPV quality on TV. They had PPV Quality matches so they could do their own ECW Reunion show and that sucked compared to the FPV they gave us.

The only match from their last PPV with a good build up was the only good match from that PPV, MCMG Vs Team 3D, which had a few minutes of promos hyping Team 3D and MCMG proving themselves worthy to take them on by beating other teams. It made the supposed last Team 3D match interesting because it was going to be their last but also made the MCMG look capable of taking them on.

That's the thing you don't realize. You can build up a PPV and a storyline in matches. And if the two parties involved are just that good, you don't even need to build it up.

That was just being plain old lucky. They aren't smart enough to think of that.

Robstar
11-22-2010, 02:29 PM
The weekly tv shows should be for all that crap, PPV's should be about wrestling IMO.

I do agree that TNA throw away PPV matches in their tv shows a little too readily

Cena
11-22-2010, 03:03 PM
every time do show MCMG/Beer Money or Gen ME is PPV quality

IPEEINTHESHOWER
11-22-2010, 03:07 PM
If you all haven't noticed, TNA doesn't do shit right, yeah they have a couple of great tag teams but that's it. There show's are confusing and half of the storylines either don't make any sense or they just pretend it never happened. Dixie has lost her mind, and if she thinks her product is any good, she needs to be in a http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTtqqpk3yMlEaIkeI4my0hNEZxPIbsIl uHGhW8ej9lnHKekttsKhA immediately.

A wise man once said 'There is no failure. Only feedback." Is Dixie listening, that's the real question.

Cena
11-22-2010, 03:08 PM
If you all haven't noticed, TNA doesn't do shit right, yeah they have a couple of great tag teams but that's it. There show's are confusing and half of the storylines either don't make any sense or they just pretend it never happened. Dixie has lost her mind, and if she thinks her product is any good, she needs to be in a http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTtqqpk3yMlEaIkeI4my0hNEZxPIbsIl uHGhW8ej9lnHKekttsKhA immediately.

A wise man once said 'There is no failure. Only feedback." Is Dixie listening, that's the real question.

Dont blame the Dixie Carter. She do good but she no fan of wrestling. She got Hogan and Eric b. in her pocket to do her things so that is story

Kashdinero
11-22-2010, 03:51 PM
Survivor series may have only had 71mins (sure felt like more so I won't take that as gospel) but it was far superior to anything TNA puts out on PPV. Cena being fired may be bull shit but at least we wasn't bombarded with swerves, retirements and all round stupidity. coming out of BFG we had Angle ready to retire, team 3D ready to call it a day and Abyss had to quit due to his loss to RVD. Have any of those stipulations/claims been honoured? hmmm. Can you say overkill!

Remember kids less is ALWAYS more.

Cena
11-22-2010, 04:10 PM
ss was 71 min but not 1 hour so dont understand why you keep deceiving us to believe you recorded official time.

JimmytheBlack
11-23-2010, 05:07 PM
Just seen a comment left from a WWE fan who watched this years Survivor Series, he mentioned that there were only 71 minutes of wrestling on a 180 minute PPV. Hmmm... now I have made this thread for all those TNA haters that keep saying Impact has too many angles, and not enough wrestling. Isn't that how it's supposed to be?

TV shows are there to build up the next PPV. But the PPV is there to showcase the matches, I would feel cheated if I only got that amount of wrestling for a 3 hour show.

Haven't been able to catch a ppv in a while. When I read the spoilers, a lot of the WWE PPV events have some random promo. Maybe it's their own fault for not building up enough storylines to support their events. Seems like you have the main title match that's a given. Then at the last minute, they just throw two guys in a match. Dibiasie vs Bryan, Ziggler vs Kaval. Decent mash ups, just no delivery. Like giving a punchline without telling the joke.