PDA

View Full Version : Title Unifications.. Good or Bad Idea?

xAzureSkye
08-31-2010, 11:48 AM
soo yeah since WWE have already Unified the Tag Team Championships & are about to unify the Divas & Womens Championship, do you think it is a good idea if they unify ALL the championships?

personally i am torn, when there was only one Womens Championship, it was RAW inclusive, that meant the Smackdown Divas were wrestling for nothing.. i hope that doesnt happen again

what do you think, should some championships be unified.. or all?

DirtySteal
08-31-2010, 11:58 AM
I like the idea of merging the Womens titles and the new tag ones, I also think it would be good to see the Intercon and US Title merged too. As for the WWE and WHC, I think that could be a mistake unless superstars are no longer restricted to their individual shows.

I'm fed up of having people stuck on certain brands, I think they should span them out and have superstars jump back and fore, thus making more interesting rivalrys and also giving fueds more room to breathe. The fued posibilities would be ten times what they are now.

bcfccalum
08-31-2010, 12:10 PM
I think it could be a good idea, i think it could re-invent the tag team division because as there will be less people feuding over the world and intercontinental titles, there will be more people who have nothing to do, so the wwe could do something with all these extras, and seeing as the tag team division has lost its spark this could be the perfect way to make tag team wrestling interesting again by making it a lot more competitive, and pushing the lower card superstars who are crying out for one e.g. Evan Bourne, Christian, John Morrison

also its a good way to stop the world title roundabout; Cena, HHH,Sheamus,Orton, Cena, HHH, Sheamus etc

Tha Crows Nest
08-31-2010, 12:14 PM
I think it is a great idea. Now not every fued has to be about a Title. Now EVERY title can be defend on each PPV as it will only be 4 titles. Now they can add a crusierweight division as one more title being added would not be a bad thing. I think the possibilities for this are endless and I cannot wait for the Wrestlemania match to Unify the WWE and World Heavyweight Title.

justindlfox
08-31-2010, 12:17 PM
Am I the only person who hates this idea?

jcameron346
08-31-2010, 12:32 PM
To me, this seems really stupid. WWE will have 2 major shows and only 4 titles? Obviously, the unification of the tag team and womens championships are a good idea, because both divisions are dying and unifying them makes the divisions smaller and more respectable. But unifying the us and intercontinental titles is stupid, because it means that a bunch of wrestlers (Christian, Matt Hardy, Evan Bourne, MVP, Mark Henry, the wholes Nexus, Chris Masters, Ezekiel Jackson, etc.) who aren't main eventers or tag teamers don't have a real title to go after, which will ultimately lead to about 30 or more wrestlers competing over one title. The world title unification is not a bad idea, because a of now, smackdown's main event is pretty bland.

Tha Crows Nest
08-31-2010, 12:50 PM
Why now they have the opportunity to bring back a cruiserweight division which would be the most entertaining tv we have seen in a while. Kaval, Bryan, Bourne, Rey, Mercury and it would be a good division.

justindlfox
08-31-2010, 01:15 PM
So just bring back the Cruserweight title

Verdammung
08-31-2010, 01:32 PM
For the Tag Titles and the Women's championships, it's a must in my opinion, because having brands divides your available talent in half, which is too restricting on the possibilities for contenders for those two championships.
For the Mid-Card and World Titles, it's not an overwhelming good or bad idea. The good part of it is that it increases the prestige of the titles, which the WWE needs to do considering the number of people they advertise as multiple time champions, not to mention for the world titles it's not that big of a deal to win the title when there's another person in the company considered to be your equal. Also worth mentioning is that unifying these titles will allow for more story lines to be put forward for PPV's other than just buildups to title matches. The bad part of it is that it doesn't allow for as many people to get some time in the spotlight.
Overall, I'd say it's a positive decision, but WWE better do it right or it'll quickly change to a bad one.

justindlfox
08-31-2010, 01:44 PM
Its just a way of covering up their bad booking in regards to title prestige

How to fix :

WWE title: Give the champion a win
Heavyweight title: Don't put all the contenders on the other brand
Intercontinental: Stop doing the same match every week
US: Give it to some1 who will actually mention it
Tag: Actually give actual tag teams air time
Womens: Hire based on ability not looks

Tommy Thunder
08-31-2010, 01:45 PM
Here's what I think:

Before anything, end the roster split. Still have 2 shows (Raw and Smackdown), but have everyone eligible to take part on both shows.

Unifying the Womens/Divas title is a good move. End of story.

Unifying the Tag titles was also a good move. WWE don't have enough tag teams as it is, 2 titles was too much. They should now go on to build with the tag teams they have now, add a couple more, and they'll have a good competitive tag division.

Unifying the WH/WWE championships is also a good move. With no roster split, all the 'big guns' will be vying for places in the main event.

Unifying the IC/US title is a bad move. WWE have so many mid card wrestlers, they'll have nothing to fight for if there isn't a title for them. If you end the roster split, WWE will have about 40 wrestlers idle! I would like to keep both of these separate, and I would also be in favor of adding another title to the mid carders. I would bring back the Light-Heavyweight or preferably the Cruiserweight title back. WWE have enough talent to compete in a cruiserweight division; Evan Bourne, Daniel Bryan, Chavo Guerrero, Kaval, Rey Mysterio, Yoshi Tatsu, Christian, Matt Hardy (if he gets back in shape) etc. Then you have plenty of guys to compete for both the IC and US belt (Cody Rhodes, Ted Di-Biase, Drew Mcintyre, Zach Ryder, Mark Henry, William Regal, Goldust, MVP, Jack Swagger, R-Truth, John Morrison etc), and even the 'big guns' that are not involved in the world title picture at the time can compete for these.

AGEOFFALL
08-31-2010, 02:45 PM
Unifying the tag titles was a good idea. Unifying the Women's titles is a good idea. Unifying the world titles is a good idea. Unifying the mid card titles not a good idea, they should keep both titles or if they want to drop the us title then at least replace it with another title, like a world tv title. And then what happens with NOC, they can'y have a ppv with so little title matches.

hystrix
08-31-2010, 03:18 PM
Unifying the tag titles was a good idea. Unifying the Women's titles is a good idea. Unifying the world titles is a good idea. Unifying the mid card titles not a good idea, they should keep both titles or if they want to drop the us title then at least replace it with another title, like a world tv title. And then what happens with NOC, they can'y have a ppv with so little title matches.

True. But a NOC PPV could consist of some #1 contender matches in addition to the title matches...

MachoMime
08-31-2010, 03:42 PM
It is good and bad. I think that soon, the Undertaker, Edge, Rey Mysterio, and pretty much most of the main-eventers will retire. The brands are also very rigid and predictable with a primary, secondary and womens title each. If they were unified, it would double the divisions, and possibly make new ones. The Cruiserweight title is a great idea. The only problem is it could bury the mid-carders and semi-main-eventers and get rid of all momentum. They should get rid of the brands and make it divisions, but not too rigid. The Intercontinental division, Cruiserweight division, tag team division, and world title division. The cruiserweight title could be to mix main eventers and midcarders, and the IC could be for some midcarders and undercarders, and tag team could be anyone. If they do it right, then it could be great.(keep two shows, but don't make superstars brand exclusive.)

maddogg336
08-31-2010, 05:13 PM
I love how everybody thinks they know everything its so hilarious yall arent happy with nothin y dont yall start yall own wrestling company since u know so damn much

maddogg336
08-31-2010, 05:16 PM

Hum genius did u eva think they might be getting rid of NOC omg yall r so dumb u swear u know everything

Sho
08-31-2010, 05:17 PM
why not bring back the European championship...some of the best matches back in the day were between Xpac, DLo Brown, Jeff Jarrett, etc for this title...only a fan of wrestlers not being on a specific brand if they are going to treat Smackdown like Raw's equal like it was back when Smackdown was first created

PunkIsDead
08-31-2010, 05:32 PM
Most of there superstars make appearances on both shows either way so make it official. I like that they unified the Tag team Champions, They should give Divas the women's division a Tag team Division (makes sense for teams already Lay-Cool &The Bella twins) I think they should bring back the Lightweight/Cruiserweight division (best for the smaller guys instead of putting them in squash matches) and hell the Hardcore title.

Ruggy
08-31-2010, 05:34 PM
Sine you have 2 "brands" it would be silly to unify the titles. This is where Vince should have kept WCW seperate.

Sho
08-31-2010, 05:43 PM
I would love for the 24/7 Hardcore title to come back but...cant have good hardcore matches with PG rating

SilverGhost
08-31-2010, 10:13 PM
I feel that they are going back to 2001 or 2002.

AGEOFFALL
08-31-2010, 10:35 PM
Hum genius did u eva think they might be getting rid of NOC omg yall r so dumb u swear u know everything

O how i love sarcasm. Yeah I kinda figured they would get rid of it but the reason i asked it was because the NOC ppv practically sells itself and I wanted to hear what other people thought about it. And who the hell said we all know everything. It has never been implied that anyone knows everything. And OMG, really? This isn't a texting conversation, last time I checked there is not limit to the number of characters you can type, so why don't you go ahead and type everything out.

Going back to the original topic unifying the titles has its ups and downs. I still think there you should only 1 world title, 2 mid card titles, 1 set of tag team titles, 1 divas title, and maybe another title. 5 or 6 championships at the most.

Tommy Thunder
09-01-2010, 05:53 AM
O how i love sarcasm. Yeah I kinda figured they would get rid of it but the reason i asked it was because the NOC ppv practically sells itself and I wanted to hear what other people thought about it. And who the hell said we all know everything. It has never been implied that anyone knows everything. And OMG, really? This isn't a texting conversation, last time I checked there is not limit to the number of characters you can type, so why don't you go ahead and type everything out.

Going back to the original topic unifying the titles has its ups and downs. I still think there you should only 1 world title, 2 mid card titles, 1 set of tag team titles, 1 divas title, and maybe another title. 5 or 6 championships at the most.

Totally agree with this. This format would ensure that there are enough titles to keep talent hungry to compete.

Bodom
09-01-2010, 08:17 AM

I only see them unifying the world title if they drop the brands, which isn't going to happen. One brand = less house shows = less money

lucky7pointman
09-01-2010, 09:43 AM
Am I the only person who hates this idea?

No I think it bad too it enough they release a lot people last yr it just going to give them more to release and push guys who was mainevent back to lowermidcard or midcard

The Amazing Sprinkle
09-01-2010, 09:59 AM
Unifying the women's titles great idea; tag titles moot point, lets see if and how the tag division revitalizes; mid card titles keep 'em seperate; World titles unlikely unless brand reunification which in itself is unlikely. As for bringing back a defunct title Crusierweight seems the obvious choice, but I don't see much talent stepping down from mid card or world (Rey) title hunt to contend for it. Lets get creative and bring back somehing like the 6-man tag titles, although extremely unlikely it would definately make the tag team division interesting. Women's tag titles would be cool, which I thought wwe was in the process of doing with the whole Lay-Cool angle untill the unification match came up. Night of Champions isn't necessarliy on the chopping block with less titles. Less titles = longer, more significant matches = greater meaning to the titles. I wish WWE would hold Night of Champions in the same esteem as the orginal 4 ppv's

AGEOFFALL
09-01-2010, 07:45 PM
I only see them unifying the world title if they drop the brands, which isn't going to happen. One brand = less house shows = less money

Yeah house shows are going to be another dilemma.

Ruggy
09-02-2010, 06:03 AM
I feel that they are going back to 2001 or 2002.

This is absolutely true. Unifying the titles would leave one brand without a champion i.e. World, Tag-team. This wouldn't be good for viewing figures.

Anti-Cena
09-02-2010, 07:16 PM
As long as they change that AWFUL F@#KING LOOKING SPINNER BELT.
It sucks.
Big Time.
Make a Hardcore Belt. Scew PG.

AGEOFFALL
09-06-2010, 06:35 PM
As long as they change that AWFUL F@#KING LOOKING SPINNER BELT.
It sucks.
Big Time.
Make a Hardcore Belt. Scew PG.

Hardcore belt won't work. And I agree on getting rid of cena's version of the wwe championship. i don't think it spins anymore.

SilverGhost
09-07-2010, 12:32 AM
I am fine with title unifications, just not the midcard titles. I think the shows need both IC and US titles.

AGEOFFALL
09-07-2010, 02:39 AM
Maybe even a third mid-card title. Say a tv title.

SilverGhost
09-07-2010, 11:27 AM
Maybe even a third mid-card title. Say a tv title.

No! No TV title! There are cruiserweights around so I say bring back the Light-Heavyweight title though it would be one belt as well.

AGEOFFALL
09-07-2010, 06:12 PM
No! No TV title! There are cruiserweights around so I say bring back the Light-Heavyweight title though it would be one belt as well.

In my opinion the cruiserweight title was never at the same level as the mid-cards. With a tv title the champion has to constantly defend the title and gets screen time.

Tommy Thunder
12-21-2010, 12:23 PM
The cruiserweight title is the most sensible one to bring back if anything. Look at the talented cruiserweights WWE have, and most of them are just being wasted as jobbers!! Also, people complain that Rey Mysterio shouldn't be competing for the WHC, so bringing back the cruiserweight title and re-creating the division would give a good reason to keep him away from the heavyweight title.

The light-heavyweight title or European title would be the next two choices to bring back for me.