PDA

View Full Version : All that build up. Wasted. For nothing.

Wrestling_Deluxe_08
11-22-2010, 12:06 AM
I know most of you saw the ending to Survivor Series ..... WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP!

I am VERY disappointed in how the PPV ended. I can't believe WWE could not pull the trigger with John Cena. Damn. They had a perfect opportunity to have him screw over Orton and present himself in a new light as like a bad ass face, but no. They took the coward route, had Barrett lose, and got him "fired" when we ALL know Cena is not going anywhere. What the fuck? What was the point of all that build up? All that hype for nothing.

I realize that they could still do something with this tomorrow, but still, it does not mask the disappointment I feel right now with how this turned out. In a way, I shouldn't be disappointed. I should have expected something like this to happen.

SilverGhost
11-22-2010, 12:10 AM
They couldn't do it since Cena is a good guy and a role model.

But either way....I was expecting a different ending.

Rich Cranium
11-22-2010, 12:28 AM
So what now, does he go away for a little while or does he come back seeking revenge or...?

SilverGhost
11-22-2010, 12:29 AM
So what now, does he go away for a little while or does he come back seeking revenge or...?

I vote for a little while.

JDfromNY
11-22-2010, 12:41 AM
I agree...that was the worst ending to a PPV all year. I am so glad I didnt order this garbage...I swear to god, WWE writers are the most stupid and cowardly people I know..I waited 3 hrs to see a half ass match and then John Cena hug fans and give high fives? Where was R Truth? The Miz? I was hoping as Orton was on the ramp he would come back to the ring and Cena would give him the Attitude Adjustment and then the Miz would come out and cash in and save us from this garbage...they NEEDED to go the route of controversy, give Cena the biggest hell turn in the history of wrestling...it was a PERFECT setup, but WWE failed again and creates below medicore television...I cant even complain anymore...this entire company needs one huge overhaul...

TheMadThinker
11-22-2010, 12:59 AM
The only thing that could make RAW good tomorrow would be if HHH returns.

If I see some half ass angle tomorrow that causes Cena to get his job back I really give up.

I really do not care about the whole PG thing, but WWE please do not assume that everybody who watches WWE programming is an 8 year old girl who wants a signed Cena t-shirt. All of this simplistic Candyland writing is really getting insulting.

SilverGhost
11-22-2010, 01:05 AM
The only thing that could make RAW good tomorrow would be if HHH returns.

If I see some half ass angle tomorrow that causes Cena to get his job back I really give up.

I really do not care about the whole PG thing, but WWE please do not assume that everybody who watches WWE programming is an 8 year old girl who wants a signed Cena t-shirt. All of this simplistic Candyland writing is really getting insulting.

What do you really want from the WWE?

PG isn't going anywhere. Cena will be missed by the kids since they believe that this crap is real. So BS first then the good stuff.

I wanted Barrett to win. WWE having a British champ is not a bad outlook.

TheMadThinker
11-22-2010, 01:19 AM
What do you really want from the WWE?

PG isn't going anywhere. Cena will be missed by the kids since they believe that this crap is real. So BS first then the good stuff.

I wanted Barrett to win. WWE having a British champ is not a bad outlook.

Yeah, WWE seems content to do the most predictable things. The only real surprise this year was the initial Nexus invasion story. I was just expecting a little bit more. Seems like they left a lot of loose ends though.

SilverGhost
11-22-2010, 01:21 AM
Yeah, WWE seems content to do the most predictable things. The only real surprise this year was the initial Nexus invasion story. I was just expecting a little bit more. Seems like they left a lot of loose ends though.

Its dumbed down for kids. So yeah. Its not going to be a head scratcher. The only time they did its with Nexus. Thats it.

Scottland
11-22-2010, 01:43 AM
Did people seriously expect Cena to turn heel at Survivor Series? Come on people...a Cena heel turn at Survivor Series was clearly not in the cards. If Cena is going to turn heel expect it around the Elmination Chamber PPV. It's been mentioned that if WWE would turn Cena heel it would be around Wrestlemania.

SilverGhost
11-22-2010, 01:52 AM
Did people seriously expect Cena to turn heel at Survivor Series? Come on people...a Cena heel turn at Survivor Series was clearly not in the cards. If Cena is going to turn heel expect it around the Elmination Chamber PPV. It's been mentioned that if WWE would turn Cena heel it would be around Wrestlemania.

Cena turning heel would be too soon at Survivor Series.

I didn't expect that anyways.

But the Miz cashing in and winning the WWE title WOULDN'T fit the story.

TheMadThinker
11-22-2010, 02:01 AM

I think what everybody expected is exactly what happened, another boring Super Cena conclusion. I think many people were hoping things would go down in a different way to shake things up.

Splattered-Dreams
11-22-2010, 02:38 AM
This was always going to happen. He'll have a month or so off, then the GM will reveal himself and rehire Cena. obvzlol

SilverGhost
11-22-2010, 02:39 AM
This was always going to happen. He'll have a month or so off, then the GM will reveal himself and rehire Cena. obvzlol

Obvious BS is obvious!

Hesterica
11-22-2010, 02:39 AM
I did not like the ending simply because it had little impact. It showed what was expected. But, I don't think WWE dropped the ball here...yet. The suspense of what would happen in the future is stronger than ever.

Splattered-Dreams
11-22-2010, 02:52 AM
Obvious BS is obvious!

O rly? :p:p

SilverGhost
11-22-2010, 02:55 AM
O rly? :p:p

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_JQQplR9PGkw/S0yaBzVvtdI/AAAAAAAABZY/PYlrDDU2iLc/s400/Dodger_YA_RLY.jpg

SevenCagedTigers
11-22-2010, 03:06 AM
They couldn't do it since Cena is a good guy and a role model.

But either way....I was expecting a different ending.

People had been looking to TNA to be the alternative to WWE's "crap" programming, but I feel that this ending did much to provide me, personally, with something that TNA is currently lacking. And that is, titles with meanings.

Roddy Piper cut a promo saying that if Cena handed the title over to Barrett, that the title would lose all its meaning. And he's right. In a time when TNA has a paper champion with a phony belt, lacking any history or respect for its predecessors, the WWE managed to craft a story that paints the WWE title in a meaningful light. This proves that not only is WWE willing to hold its championship in high regards, but that its also willing to "fire" its biggest breadwinner in order to maintain the honor that the title holds.

Of course, I'm sure some loophole will be revealed tomorrow night on RAW, but for the moment, I am very pleased that TNA = garbage championship and WWE = a title that Cena was willing to give up his career for to maintain its credibility. Balls.

Splattered-Dreams
11-22-2010, 03:07 AM
http://images.sodahead.com/polls/000972487/offended_answer_4_xlarge.png

SevenCagedTigers
11-22-2010, 03:10 AM
Cena will be missed by the kids since they believe that this crap is real.

You and I had a good role model growing up. Hulk Hogan was someone we looked up to and I count that as a contributing factor to my education.

We had Hogan, now the kids have Cena. Maybe were just too far removed from the importance of role models to see the bigger picture.

maar13
11-22-2010, 03:42 AM
Come on. You are all pissed because the PPV didn't ended like you wanted it, but guess what? That Cena turned heel and left Barret win was the most predictable thing from the set up and they did the opposite (Does not matter how much you say you all knew it will go the way it did because the forum is full will most people saying Barret was winning, almost none saw Orton winning, not in any forum) And we all know Cena won't go away but who tells you he won't turn later? If he does he has all the right to do so now, none came down to help him and none really cares for John in the Back (storyline wise), so why he should still be the good guy?

If he remains good, well that is fine too, for most people and casual fans he still is a hero for not selling out, which is a good thing and a good example for the kids, Heros shouldn't sell out, does not matter how many times it happened in the 90s and beginning of(attitude era and NWO era). Yes Superman might be boring sometimes but he is a hero to look up to and that is what they are doing with Cena, which is not that bad.

Splattered-Dreams
11-22-2010, 03:52 AM
Come on. You are all pissed because the PPV didn't ended like you wanted it, but guess what? That Cena turned heel and left Barret win was the most predictable thing from the set up and they did the opposite (Does not matter how much you say you all knew it will go the way it did because the forum is full will most people saying Barret was winning, almost none saw Orton winning, not in any forum) And we all know Cena won't go away but who tells you he won't turn later? If he does he has all the right to do so now, none came down to help him and none really cares for John in the Back (storyline wise), so why he should still be the good guy?

If he remains good, well that is fine too, for most people and casual fans he still is a hero for not selling out, which is a good thing and a good example for the kids, Heros shouldn't sell out, does not matter how many times it happened in the 90s and beginning of(attitude era and NWO era). Yes Superman might be boring sometimes but he is a hero to look up to and that is what they are doing with Cena, which is not that bad.

That is true. But in this case (touching on what Sean Waltman has been saying), two COMPLETELY seperate shows is a good idea - one for the PG demographic, and one for the 14+ demographic. Cena would appear on the former.

TheMadThinker
11-22-2010, 04:15 AM

To me the outcome was predictable because Cena/Orton/Barrett went into the match with the same attitude they left with. No one did anything out of character. Barrett tried to screw Orton, Orton defended his title, and Cena called the match down the middle. Totally cookie cutter ending.

Do not get me wrong there was a lot of anticipation for a screw job or swerve, but to me that would have been something unpredictable from WWE standpoint.

What people want to see and what they expect to see are two entirely different things.

Pittbull
11-22-2010, 06:22 AM
Storylines are constantly evolving.. so wouldn't surprise me if they changed it last minute for Orton to retain the title!

TNA 'The very best'
11-22-2010, 06:56 AM
People had been looking to TNA to be the alternative to WWE's "crap" programming, but I feel that this ending did much to provide me, personally, with something that TNA is currently lacking. And that is, titles with meanings.

Roddy Piper cut a promo saying that if Cena handed the title over to Barrett, that the title would lose all its meaning. And he's right. In a time when TNA has a paper champion with a phony belt, lacking any history or respect for its predecessors, the WWE managed to craft a story that paints the WWE title in a meaningful light. This proves that not only is WWE willing to hold its championship in high regards, but that its also willing to "fire" its biggest breadwinner in order to maintain the honor that the title holds.

Of course, I'm sure some loophole will be revealed tomorrow night on RAW, but for the moment, I am very pleased that TNA = garbage championship and WWE = a title that Cena was willing to give up his career for to maintain its credibility. Balls.

Phoney championship, with no meaning. are you talking about the champion himself or the belt,

Jeff hardy- One half of one of the most famous tag teams in history, former WWE champion, countless other championships, As much of an icon to children as John Cena, I've seen him live and he gets as much, if not bigger pop from the crowd than anyone,
so you can't be talking about Hardy.
The Belt- I gimmick belt that was given to Hardy to cement the storyline, The old belt will return once hardy loses it, are you aware Steve Austin has his on Belt or That Cena brought in a crappy bling belt that the WWE is still using today, Where is the meaning in that belt,

If your going to have a bitch about TNA on a WWE thread, atleast get some facts right before you do, and im sure your tv has an off button, a little tip, next time TNA comes on your tv, use the off button.

PEACE OUT!!!!

TNA 'The very best'
11-22-2010, 07:00 AM
I have said this in many threads before, Cena would get fired, take christmas off, come back and RR win and face Orton at WM, wouldnt surprise me if the Miz won the title tonight, keeps it until RR and orton wins it back, gives the Miz a title run and means Orton can go into WM with the belt after a small title run and not months and months and months,.

Pittbull
11-22-2010, 08:24 AM
I still think the Miz, will lose his Money in the Bank match!

el gabo
11-22-2010, 09:22 AM
Phoney championship, with no meaning. are you talking about the champion himself or the belt,

Jeff hardy- One half of one of the most famous tag teams in history, former WWE champion, countless other championships, As much of an icon to children as John Cena, I've seen him live and he gets as much, if not bigger pop from the crowd than anyone,
so you can't be talking about Hardy.
The Belt- I gimmick belt that was given to Hardy to cement the storyline, The old belt will return once hardy loses it, are you aware Steve Austin has his on Belt or That Cena brought in a crappy bling belt that the WWE is still using today, Where is the meaning in that belt,

If your going to have a bitch about TNA on a WWE thread, atleast get some facts right before you do, and im sure your tv has an off button, a little tip, next time TNA comes on your tv, use the off button.

PEACE OUT!!!!

Problem is that TNA is copying a STUPID idea. Yeah Cena bought in a new belt. It sucks ass!! So does Hardy's Immortal belt! Just because Vince made a stupid decision it doesn't mean Dixie isn't being guilty if being stupid. In fact, that makes her even dumber.

I say these "custom" championships should have been limited to Taz' FTW title because of what that specific title represented: F*ck the word! It was a type of "rebel yell".

TNA Ambassador
11-22-2010, 09:42 AM
This was a complete waste on part of WWE. Does Orton really need to be Champion? I dont think so, we need new blood and Wade Barrett has the momentum and will make a fine champion.

Silverdust
11-22-2010, 09:57 AM
Are you thinking Sheamus deserves another whc shot again?

arsenhole
11-22-2010, 10:19 AM
what exactly is that wwe promised to you that they did'nt deliver it's not they're fault that you hyped yourself up into thinking that cena was going heel cause they never promised that or built that up so you have ntn to be dissappointed about shoot i wanted cena to go heel too but that was not promised so i'm living with it not bitching

arsenhole
11-22-2010, 10:25 AM
this thread is exactly why internet fans are'nt taking seriously you know ntn about the business aspect of it all and don't seem to care as long as you get what it is you want even if it's not best for the business end of things you call wwe cowards for not turning cena heel ARE YOU NUTS! cena is going to go heel in wwe's time when they feel they have the maximum exposure to get him as much as possible as a heel not when you pisspants little whiners want

Mr. Man
11-22-2010, 10:29 AM
I believe WWE were attempting to showcase a so called "shock factor" with Cena being fired. I guess now its more of a wait and see kind of deal and what actually forms from here with him being "gone".

cubco
11-22-2010, 10:29 AM
Cena will be back in a TLC match at TLC against Barrett. If he wins, he gets to keep his WWE contract, if he loses, that is it! Something bullshit like that will happen.

Orton will get to defend the title in a singles match against another heel. Sheamus has had his shot and busy with JoMo. So they could have The Miz vs Randy Orton at TLC, other than that, the most credible heel is DiBiase followed by Primo/Ryder whilst Punk is out injured. But we all know that Punk is going into a feud with Bryan when he comes back (p.s. Punk vs Bryan will steal WrestleMania). So yeah thats all I can think of.

Unless Cena is really fired and Barrett gets another shot, but that would be boring now.

SilverCena
11-22-2010, 10:32 AM
You will all see Cena at the Royal Rumble! I know this thread is in mourning to our dearly departed Cena, but dry your tears Cenation, he'll be back quickly, Boiiiiiiiiiii!

SilverGhost
11-22-2010, 10:43 AM
You will all see Cena at the Royal Rumble! I know this thread is in mourning to our dearly departed Cena, but dry your tears Cenation, he'll be back quickly, Boiiiiiiiiiii!

Unfortunately......

Bodom
11-22-2010, 10:56 AM
No Miz. No heel turn. No new champ. What a disappointment.

Especially after that Old School Raw.

They set it up perfectly. Could have meant so much. So many ratings lost, so many tickets lost

PersonalPet98
11-22-2010, 11:27 AM
I don't think the WWE can have any surprise outcomes anymore, everyone knows that Cena was gonna be "vindicated" from the Nexus, i'm sure he'll be on t.v. tonight to rub the sorriness in our faces, well whoever watches anyway. That junk was sorry and useless, i'm just glad i didn't pay to see it.

Bodom
11-22-2010, 11:29 AM
I don't think the WWE can have any surprise outcomes anymore, everyone knows that Cena was gonna be "vindicated" from the Nexus, i'm sure he'll be on t.v. tonight to rub the sorriness in our faces, well whoever watches anyway. That junk was sorry and useless, i'm just glad i didn't pay to see it.

Hell, I even thought about buying a ticket!

Glad I didn't

Rich Cranium
11-22-2010, 11:43 AM
Should of kept Big Dick Johnson on payroll! Nah.

*Bodom, you made a wise decision to not waste your money on a ticket

chibo777
11-22-2010, 11:47 AM
the wwe really dropped the ball on this one.. there was so many angles they could have gone..

the 2 obvious ones
1) cena fired
2) cena heel

then unobvious ones to an extent
3) miz cashes in.
4) R truth interferes

then for the even more obsurd ones.
5)HHH reveals himself to be real leader of nexus.
6) undertaker comes and interferes and goes after barrett
7) otunga leads a rebellion and attacks barrett and cena turns heel..

any of them would have been better than cena getting fired...

however saying that i didnt expect orton to win cos the cena fired scenario i belived to be to far for the kiddy orientated scene

Wrestling_Deluxe_08
11-22-2010, 01:25 PM
this thread is exactly why internet fans are'nt taking seriously you know ntn about the business aspect of it all and don't seem to care as long as you get what it is you want even if it's not best for the business end of things you call wwe cowards for not turning cena heel ARE YOU NUTS! cena is going to go heel in wwe's time when they feel they have the maximum exposure to get him as much as possible as a heel not when you pisspants little whiners want
First off, WWE did not promise me anything. You missed the point of this topic, completely. I'll admit I expected John Cena to have somewhat of a heel turn and it did disappoint me that they did not happen, but that is not what I am upset about. What I am upset about is what was the point with ALL that build up they had for this throughout the month? They teased and teased Cena to do something crazy, had Piper put it over like a million bucks, and caused all this drama with the stars over it, not to mention all the promos ...... only for Cena to call it down the line like a typical match, beat up Nexus, and walk away. That is just straight up crap! How can you end a PPV with that after all that build up? I am not 'whining' over Cena not turning heel because everyone knows what a big role model he is right now.

So once again, it is not Cena turning heel I am upset about. It is the result of the build up that pissed me off. Which is why I asked the question ... what was the whole point of all that build up?

Now, hear me out. If WWE can somehow manage to create a way to keep this going into TLC, then I'll come back on here and apologize for what I said.

Bodom
11-22-2010, 01:30 PM

Mocking people and calling them "pisspant little whiners" doesn't help your point of view

It makes you come across as a pompous ass

el gabo
11-22-2010, 01:44 PM
Mocking people and calling them "pisspant little whiners" doesn't help your point of view

It makes you come across as a pompous ass

Yes because we know nothing of the business apsect of wrestling.

SevenCagedTigers
11-22-2010, 09:58 PM
When I say "phony champion", I mean that storyline-wise. Hardy is only champion right now because of his Alliance with Immortal, as well as their loose alliance with Fortune. It makes Hardy look like a weak champion when someone who is in a heel stable relies on cheating and run-ins to remain champion. It weakens the value of the championship, because it makes it look like the worthless result of a theft, not something prized that was legitimately earned.

By not handing over the title to Barrett, Cena proved that the championship and the prestige that it holds means more then the means one took to attain it. I am by no means knocking down Hardy, either as a performer or as a human being despite his mistakes. I am just saying that storyline-wise, TNA has a paper champion who stole the belt over a Hogan-Bischoff screwjob. It makes their champion look weak that he can't get the job done himself.

SevenCagedTigers
11-22-2010, 10:03 PM
the wwe really dropped the ball on this one.. there was so many angles they could have gone..

the 2 obvious ones
1) cena fired
2) cena heel

then unobvious ones to an extent
3) miz cashes in.
4) R truth interferes

then for the even more obsurd ones.
5)HHH reveals himself to be real leader of nexus.
6) undertaker comes and interferes and goes after barrett
7) otunga leads a rebellion and attacks barrett and cena turns heel..

any of them would have been better than cena getting fired...

however saying that i didnt expect orton to win cos the cena fired scenario i belived to be to far for the kiddy orientated scene

You forgot 8) Mae Young rises from the grave and stinkfaces everyone in the crowd for witnessing such a shitty PPV

SevenCagedTigers
11-22-2010, 10:09 PM
If anything, the WWE proved that they can write compelling stories in the main event. The women's division and Tag division be damned, you have to admit that that was a well-written month of main event television. Its the fact that all of the characters had conviction, and something to do. Miz, Cena, Barret, Orton, even Truth and Nexus all had important roles to play. Compelling television is when you don't know WHAT will happen. Everyone is saying, "The most obvious thing happened". But was it really that obvious that Cena would actually be fired?

Admit it, most of you were thinking, "There is ZERO chance Cena will be fired, Barrett will probably win."

The WWE has proven time and again that once the "Road to Wrestlemania" starts at the Royal Rumble, their writing really peaks in excellence. I have no doubt that plans are underway for the Rumble. Even if the writers turn to crap, I know that Miz, Orton, Barrett and Cena can continue to pull off compelling promos to keep this storyline going through.