PDA

View Full Version : Something I've Noticed

The Hipster
11-21-2010, 09:07 PM
Watching the last PPV's from WWE, something just hit me. I have been watching professional wrestling for the past 30 years from NWA, WWF, ECW,WCW, and WWE (occasionally TNA). Going to the old school days, there was a lot of true wrestling. Now-a-days the high impact moves get the biggest pops and cheers. I just saw three really good mat wrestling matches and the fans were silent. Sure they may not be as exciting but the technique is good and it shoulod help push the mid-carders to a higher status. We as fans need to remember that it truly is wrestling. Yes, I love teh mic work and love good (and cheesy) story lines but the in ring action should be ust as cheered. Sorry, I'll get off my soap box now.

SilverCena
11-21-2010, 09:17 PM
That's evolution for ya!

The Hipster
11-21-2010, 09:48 PM
It is true, but can't we still appreciate it? Love your signature.

Bodom
11-21-2010, 09:52 PM
It is true, but can't we still appreciate it? Love your signature.

You also need to take into consideration that 90% of the crowd are under 13 and dragged their non-wrestling fan parents to the show.

The Hipster
11-21-2010, 10:23 PM
I'm not sure about that. There are many 20+ years olds watching, teens too.

The Hipster
11-21-2010, 10:24 PM
P.S. I really do love your signature. I keep laughing, it's good stuff!

Robstar
11-21-2010, 10:26 PM
Just another sign of the instant gratification right now throwaway culture we have helped build around us. We're all partially guilty, whether through action or inaction

Kashdinero
11-21-2010, 10:29 PM
The crowd were so quiet during the Kaval v Ziggler match tonight. I felt sorry for them both ; (

Robstar
11-21-2010, 10:31 PM
The crowd were so quiet during the Kaval v Ziggler match tonight. I felt sorry for them both ; (

I've said it elsewhere - fucking wrestling fans are their own worst enemy!

The Hipster
11-21-2010, 10:32 PM
Great point Robstar. Still I hate hearing guys dissed on because they do the mat wrestling when Ric Flair was/is praised for it and now is a 3 trick pony.

Kashdinero
11-21-2010, 10:45 PM
I've said it elsewhere - fucking wrestling fans are their own worst enemy!

I heard a faint Lowki chant that lasted about two and a half seconds but that was it.... That's what happens when they job him out for eternity then give him a title shot after one fluke win. It's like it was designed to fail. Let's hope it's not the end of their program. It could still have legs ~crosses fingers~

El_Phenomenal
11-22-2010, 12:00 AM
For me i liked that "Kaval" vs Ziggler match, heres hoping for a rematch. Oye Hijo!

Splattered-Dreams
11-22-2010, 02:42 AM
For me i liked that "Kaval" vs Ziggler match, heres hoping for a rematch. Oye Hijo!

Definitely. I agree with the original post too, the best wrestling matches last night gained the least pops, which is kinda sad, but I guess a PPV is for ending/building storylines, so those kinda matches (Orton/Barrett etc) will be selling the tickets.. most 12 eyar old kids couldnt get into a Bryan or Ziggler match

SilverGhost
11-22-2010, 02:48 AM
Definitely. I agree with the original post too, the best wrestling matches last night gained the least pops, which is kinda sad, but I guess a PPV is for ending/building storylines, so those kinda matches (Orton/Barrett etc) will be selling the tickets.. most 12 eyar old kids couldnt get into a Bryan or Ziggler match

I agree with OP too. The Bryan/Ted match was very enjoyable and so was the Kaval/Ziggler match.
Though I shake my head at current "fans".....Thank you John Cena for making kids know nothing in pro wrestling.

Splattered-Dreams
11-22-2010, 02:51 AM
I agree with OP too. The Bryan/Ted match was very enjoyable and so was the Kaval/Ziggler match.
Though I shake my head at current "fans".....Thank you John Cena for making kids know nothing in pro wrestling.

Haha, I guess his moveset couldnt cause any injuries when kids "try it at home.":p