PDA

View Full Version : TNA throws $18,000 away on a piece of crap!

xAzureSkye
11-21-2010, 04:52 PM
The newly created TNA Immortal Championship was a belt specifically made for Jeff Hardy and thus will not replace the actual TNA World Heavyweight Championship over the long run. The assumption of many within the company is that the longtime belt will return once Hardy loses the Immortal Championship.

Though the purple belt has been panned online, a number of people within the organization are high on its appearance. One TNA source deemed it "beautiful" and raved about the designer's attention to detail.

The word amongst the locker room was that the belt cost the company roughly $18,000.

$18,000?!?!?!?! WHAT THE HELL?

SilverCena
11-21-2010, 05:48 PM
They should of used the 18 grand and hired some real writers and bookers! BTW, does Kevin Sullivan still work there? I thought he was pretty crafty, ya know Boiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

2bluntsup
11-21-2010, 05:59 PM
18 GRAND!!!! on a belt for a guy who is goingto prison!!! Real smart TNA.... AJ STYLES SHOULD LEAVE NOW!!!! B4 WWE HAS A 1 NIGHT STAND PPV FOR THE TNA ORIGINALS!!! IS IT ME OR COULD JAMES STORM B A MAIN EVENT PLAYER???

nrb6304
11-21-2010, 06:06 PM
They should of used the 18 grand and hired some real writers and bookers!

Like NRB6304? Yeah that would be an awesome signing bonus

Robstar
11-21-2010, 06:16 PM
You can see why Taz is pissed off about money. All TNA are concerned with is keeping their overpaid WWE-Lite stars happy. I consider TNA to be WWE's third brand actually.

And what's more, it looks ridiculous! I hope he paid for it himself with the money he was paid to job to his brother during their feud in WWE. So, you reckon he's snorted lines off that monstrosity yet? He probably 'designed' it himself to with all that 'artistic talent' he claims to have. Never thought I'd say or think this but the spinner belt is finally looking the goods!

SilverCena
11-21-2010, 06:21 PM
Hardy theme song while carrying that belt should be "Blinded by the light" from the movie Blow!

Bodom
11-21-2010, 06:25 PM
$18,000?

For that money it better have some holsters for straws.

Robstar
11-21-2010, 06:27 PM
$18,000?

For that money it better have some holsters for straws.

And syringes. And glass pipes. And a beer helmet

Bodom
11-21-2010, 06:32 PM
And syringes. And glass pipes. And a beer helmet

And a mirror on the back?

TheBeardOfZeus
11-21-2010, 06:46 PM
For $18,000 i'd want it to be like the fucking batman utility belt.

Bodom
11-21-2010, 06:50 PM
Hell, for $18,000 I expect to get f'n laid.

Rich Cranium
11-21-2010, 07:00 PM
For $18,000 i'd want it to be like the fucking batman utility belt.

In Hardy's case, it would be more like Inspector Gadget! Hardy: "Gadget crackpipe!, Gadget Lighter!"

Bodom
11-21-2010, 07:01 PM
Go go Hardy crack pipe!

TheBeardOfZeus
11-21-2010, 07:05 PM
Haha i love that, ever so much.

Necroyeti
11-21-2010, 07:11 PM
But is $18,000 actually a lot of money for TNA? I mean, yeah, it's probably equivalent to yer average Knockout's yearly salary and a shitload to most of us, but surely they shell out this kinda dough to guys like Sting and Kurt Angle on a weekly basis?

I'm genuinely interested in how much TNA makes and what they spend their money on, if anyone has any kinda links to that kinda info.

Bodom
11-21-2010, 07:15 PM
I think iv heard that they just BARELY make a profit

sysop
11-21-2010, 07:19 PM
I'm not sure the $18K is thrown away. The design of the belt is questionable, but it was transitioned properly. In wrestling past, and we all know TNA creative is re-recycling content with new performers, belts have been literally thrown in trashcans or large bodies of water. I didn't see the belt switch because I don't watch it all anymore, but I'm guessing they didn't completely disrespect the old belt and it's heritage like we've all seen in the past. If they did, I was expecting a news blippit on it. :)

Secondly, the spinner belt (also of questionable design) has turned out to be a merchandising boom for WWE. It too capitalized on popular culture with the bling bling. The new belt also fits that alternative existence motif that seems to be popular these days. We're coming into Spendmas season and Hardy was or maybe still is very popular and known to be associated with merch that sells. I bet they'll have replicas available soon if they do not already. They should.

I think the real reason the posters here don't like the cost is that we all know TNA doesn't pay some performers crap while it pays others relatively huge sums of money. Then some of the high dollar players turn in substandard performances or and the $200 a match people blow the place up. Except thats how we feel, not how contracts are negociated or overall storylines manipulated. I think TNA may be seeking to address this with their budget cuts. You can't have Johnny Highdollar paid $$$ and not use him in a marqee position. This prevents the low rent performers from getting elevated for real because the company would look foolish internally to waste money on talent who isn't performing. So they keep drinking the cool-aid and hope something sticks with the fans they can capitalize on. This belt is just a way to try and leverage an asset they have at this time and not a bad one at that.

This belt's value is TBD in my opinion, although this could be too deep of thought and it will turn out to totally suck.

SilverLace
11-21-2010, 07:36 PM
You should of made a blog about the $18,000.

wallyman
11-21-2010, 07:41 PM
The newly created TNA Immortal Championship was a belt specifically made for Jeff Hardy and thus will not replace the actual TNA World Heavyweight Championship over the long run. The assumption of many within the company is that the longtime belt will return once Hardy loses the Immortal Championship.

Though the purple belt has been panned online, a number of people within the organization are high on its appearance. One TNA source deemed it "beautiful" and raved about the designer's attention to detail.

The word amongst the locker room was that the belt cost the company roughly $18,000.

u guys really believe its 18k lol...just bcuz the sites report that i dont think its that much...my god guys it doesnt even diamonds and stuff..i think that best is more like 8k not 18k...its a belt that wont b used after jeff hardy loses the belt...so relaly dont buy into this

wallyman
11-21-2010, 07:43 PM
I think iv heard that they just BARELY make a profit
they dont make a lot of money but they cut even...at least ryan clark said that..they do make money but its not alot...

Necroyeti
11-21-2010, 07:43 PM
Secondly, the spinner belt (also of questionable design) has turned out to be a merchandising boom for WWE. It too capitalized on popular culture with the bling bling. The new belt also fits that alternative existence motif that seems to be popular these days. We're coming into Spendmas season and Hardy was or maybe still is very popular and known to be associated with merch that sells. I bet they'll have replicas available soon if they do not already. They should.
Y'know, I think you could be on to something here. I never really thought about it that way.

Robstar
11-21-2010, 07:44 PM
I'm not sure the $18K is thrown away. The design of the belt is questionable, but it was transitioned properly. In wrestling past, and we all know TNA creative is re-recycling content with new performers, belts have been literally thrown in trashcans or large bodies of water. I didn't see the belt switch because I don't watch it all anymore, but I'm guessing they didn't completely disrespect the old belt and it's heritage like we've all seen in the past. If they did, I was expecting a news blippit on it. :)

I think the real reason the posters here don't like the cost is that we all know TNA doesn't pay some performers crap while it pays others relatively huge sums of money. Then some of the high dollar players turn in substandard performances or and the $200 a match people blow the place up. Except thats how we feel, not how contracts are negociated or overall storylines manipulated. I think TNA may be seeking to address this with their budget cuts. You can't have Johnny Highdollar paid $$$ and not use him in a marqee position. This prevents the low rent performers from getting elevated for real because the company would look foolish internally to waste money on talent who isn't performing. So they keep drinking the cool-aid and hope something sticks with the fans they can capitalize on. This belt is just a way to try and leverage an asset they have at this time and not a bad one at that.

This belt's value is TBD in my opinion, although this could be too deep of thought and it will turn out to totally suck.

You make some good points. I think a lot of us, myself included are dirty on TNA's handling and treatment of their mainstay original stars. So it's silly to produce a belt with Hardy's bloody face on it! At least the spinner belt is used by others; I guess it's a rip off of Stone Cold's Smoking Skull belt.

Iron Ape
11-21-2010, 07:46 PM
Eric Young isn't going to have Thanksgiving because of that ridiculous belt.

Bodom
11-21-2010, 07:57 PM
Eric Young isn't going to have Thanksgiving because of that ridiculous belt.

They have Thanksgiving in Canada?

Necroyeti
11-21-2010, 07:59 PM
I thought they re-signed Eric Young?

Iron Ape
11-21-2010, 08:00 PM
They have Thanksgiving in Canada?

I don't believe in God, but I still celebrate Christmas. Besides, that clown lives in Tampa. And Canada disowned him the second he become one half of a team called Ice Cream & Caramel.

Iron Ape
11-21-2010, 08:00 PM
I thought they re-signed Eric Young?

His pay was significantly cut.

wrestlingfan316
11-21-2010, 08:01 PM
Usually I would defend TNA but this was a stupid move. I think that money could have been used on better things like maybe signing Petey Williams for a few appearances.( why did they get rid of him?)

Since they "missed the boat" on Chris Daniels(ROH signed him)

Bodom
11-21-2010, 08:06 PM
I don't believe in God, but I still celebrate Christmas. Besides, that clown lives in Tampa. And Canada disowned him the second he become one half of a team called Ice Cream & Caramel.

I can't stop laughing.

Thought it would take more than that to be disowned by Canada.

Iron Ape
11-21-2010, 08:09 PM
I can't stop laughing.

Thought it would take more than that to be disowned by Canada.

Ice Cream & Caramel go terrible with maple syrup.

Bodom
11-21-2010, 08:14 PM
Ice Cream & Caramel go terrible with maple syrup.

Never seen "terrible" and "maple syrup" in the same sentence before.

SevenCagedTigers
11-21-2010, 08:30 PM
[QUOTE=Real smart TNA.... AJ STYLES SHOULD LEAVE NOW!!!![/QUOTE]

Are you suggesting AJ Styles should leave TNA and go to the WWE? I'm sure the WWE would have a great place for him, just like they did for Monty Brown, Brayden Walker, and Lance Hoyt.

The WWE buries talent from other companies, and in effect, runs opposing companies out of business. Hasn't anyone noticed?

garebear11
11-21-2010, 08:45 PM

I think Hardy's TNA belt looks like the WWE Diva's Championship belt.

Silverdust
11-21-2010, 08:48 PM
Didnt EY just re-sign with TNA?

Iron Ape
11-21-2010, 08:52 PM
Didnt EY just re-sign with TNA?

Read back a couple of posts.

Iron Ape
11-21-2010, 08:53 PM
I think Hardy's TNA belt looks like the WWE Diva's Championship belt.

Congratulations! You're the one millionth person to make this same exact comment! :D

Bodom
11-21-2010, 08:54 PM
Congratulations! You're the one millionth person to make this same exact comment! :D

So can the TNA fanbois stop getting butthurt over it?

Iron Ape
11-21-2010, 08:56 PM

You'd think they would be conditioned to just deal with it by now. Fact is a fact is a fact.

SilverCena
11-21-2010, 08:59 PM

Yea Bodom, I'm straight up growing on you boiiiiiiii!

Bodom
11-21-2010, 09:04 PM

SilverCena
11-21-2010, 09:24 PM
what is .......................

Robstar
11-21-2010, 10:23 PM

Epic sig dude!