PDA

View Full Version : Evan Markopoulos

Cabers
09-22-2012, 01:37 PM
The most recent contestant on Gutcheck is a young 18 year old from Massachusetts, Evan Markopoulos let your opinions be heard!!

I was actually impressed with him first off he did a brilliant dropkick early on in the match and it was a nice free flowing match i think i would give him the contract he is only 18 and is easily the 2nd best wrestler to have participated in Gutcheck to date.

He gets my Seal of Approval.

Disagree, Agree leave your opinion!

Automatic
09-22-2012, 01:42 PM
He is 18. That should warrant them signing him.
He can stay in OVW for 7 years and still be young.

Darkside Ron Garvin
09-22-2012, 01:44 PM
Does anyone else have any other film on him? I can't find anything on Youtube or Dailymotion for the kid outside of his vignette and match with Doug Williams.

Cabers
09-22-2012, 01:49 PM
Does anyone else have any other film on him? I can't find anything on Youtube or Dailymotion for the kid outside of his vignette and match with Doug Williams.

I only found this on him

http://www.cagematch.net/?id=2&nr=8428

The Piper
09-22-2012, 02:00 PM
I liked him, although Doug looked a little stiff during their match, don't know if it was just me, though.

Darkside Ron Garvin
09-22-2012, 02:04 PM
I liked him, although Doug looked a little stiff during their match, don't know if it was just me, though.

Williams actually tweeted about that. He was getting so much crap from the fans about it. He said something along the lines of "there's a difference between something being stiff and looking stiff." I'm guessing no one else complained about it because from what I gathered, they were all pleased in the match as a whole. The only comment that was made that I liked was that he (Williams) felt that Evan should have gotten some more offense in, but the match as a whole served the purpose of seeing how the 18 year old would preform on live TV.

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
09-22-2012, 02:08 PM
I think he could use a year or two in OVW but he has some potential.

alcrissam
09-22-2012, 03:57 PM
If that cagematch site is correct, he actually jobbed to Ryback back in June on smackdown. Looking at his W/L's, he has lost A LOT of matches, which means he must job to people even on the indie scene. He showed little to no offense in his TNA match, BUT he shows a lot of potential in my eyes. A long time in OVW and he can come back as a true wrestler.

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
09-22-2012, 04:42 PM
If that cagematch site is correct, he actually jobbed to Ryback back in June on smackdown. Looking at his W/L's, he has lost A LOT of matches, which means he must job to people even on the indie scene. He showed little to no offense in his TNA match, BUT he shows a lot of potential in my eyes. A long time in OVW and he can come back as a true wrestler.

I think he's only 19 or something so he has a long way to go before he earns his dues. I think he even said he needs to earn his dues in his little pre-match video package.

Rockstar83
09-22-2012, 04:55 PM
I didn't like this Markopoulos kid. When the match started I thought he was gonna start to sing.

inkfan84
09-22-2012, 07:22 PM
The kid is 18. Established fact. In his match I felt that he showed too much green behind the ears. Personally I' like to see the kid use the foreign contacts that TNA has like Ra Ka King or their Japanese contacts and experience those feds. Broaden his skills. Learn different styles of wrestling. I think that will help him a whole lot better than spending time in OVW.

Sahu
09-23-2012, 08:38 AM
TNA should sign him..he's just 18yrs kid n I feel got talent...they should sign him n train him...as the person above me said, he should be used in TNA's foreign obligations so that he can earn some great exp...He should tour Japan, Europe, Mexico n where ever they have contacts....

Cabers
10-04-2012, 12:37 PM
50/50 on EWN and a no From TNA cya kid!

Until the next Gutcheck later haters!!

Darkside Ron Garvin
10-04-2012, 03:32 PM
50/50 on EWN and a no From TNA cya kid!

Until the next Gutcheck later haters!!

Honestly, I think it was the right decision. This was the first GutCheck I was actually invested in (outside Sam Shaw getting jumped by A&8) since Joey Ryan. I thought the kid showed promise and Williams made the match look brutal with the kid doing a good job selling some shots that "appeared" to be be stiff (according to Williams). By them saying No to this kid that the Impact Zone seemed to be behind, it actually made the segment appear to have some credibility which it hasn't had since giving Silva the first contract.