PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Aries facing Hardy and recent BFGs

TheGreatOne
09-18-2012, 09:58 PM
I've been a fan of TNA since 2004. BFG began in 2005 obviously. Didn't believe 2005 was a good BFG mainly because Nash/Jarrett didn't happen and Rhino won the title. Not a big fan of Rhino nor see him as a main event talent. TNA than started to have solid main events w/stellar undercards. You had Sting in the main event every year facing the world champion. I started to have a problem with it in 08, but Joe vs Sting was a solid fued that I looked forward to. 2009 in my opinion was the best BFG mainly because AJ retired Sting in the main event making him the man. That is the type of main events I want where at the end of the night, vet gives a rub to a young gun. That is what I wanted this year for BFG. I like many want to see Aries reign continue because he hasn't held the belt that long. I wanted him to face Joe, Angle, or AJ. Joe because he been held back for so long since that debacle at Slammiversary. Joe and AJ like Aries dominated the X-Division and eventually rised to the top as the man in the company. Stories are similar which would create a good storyline if you ask me along w/Joe wanting to get back where he once was. AJ being the TNA original. Angle is still the man in TNA if you ask me. What better way to give a rub to Aries than to beat Angle on the biggest event of the year saying he is the man. If he beat Storm or Bully Ray, it wouldn't have been the same impact if you ask me. Jeff is still a WWE guy in my eyes. I think a win over Hardy would be good for Aries, but not bring that kind of impact that a win over Angle or AJ would. TNA isn't providing the biggest main event they could book if you ask me as they did in the past. 4 BFGs in a row they did it solid. Sting vs Jarrettt; Angle; Joe; AJ. 2010: Angle vs Anderson vs Hardy? None of them hated each other. It was like all faces facing each other. Let us throw together a bunch of guys and see how the fans respond. 2011 main event was good, but not as good as the 4 I mentioned. Roode vs Storm again doesn't intrigue me. Same goes for Orton vs HHH at WM 25. They have faced too many times for me to be intrigued to want to see who wins.

What are your thoughts on Aries facing Hardy at BFG? Thoughts on Storm vs Roode again at BFG? What other matches do you expect or you would book to make it the biggest show of the year?

Dennis
09-18-2012, 10:01 PM
it makes total business sense for tna to put aries against hardy, that being said I'm not a fan of the match because many other talents deserve the push other than hardy.

Sahu
09-18-2012, 10:32 PM
Hardy vs Aeries as I have mentioned somewhere is like Cena vs Punk; The highest Merchandise seller of the company vs The internet darling World Champ...so it is a great deal of money...a win over Hardy will definitely give the needed rub for Aeries....

Storm Vs Roode...no need to get annoyed...that would be a gr8 brawl....

I feel AJ/Angle/Joe/Ray will be involved with A&Es....

Y2JLionsault
09-18-2012, 11:11 PM
I'm not sure what I was hoping for here tbh. I mean Aries is great and I. Happy he is champ but I think I was expecting Roode to still be champ and Storm to have won the BFG just for the fact it is a year from when their career paths changed. To me there is nothing between Hardy and Aries to warrant the match. If it were AJ or Angle it would be a passing of the torch kind of thing. But two of the biggest faces that have no background? All I can say is that TNA better make a damn good storyline over the next few weeks.

doormatt412
09-19-2012, 02:04 AM
Potential matches and how i feel:

Hardy v. Aries - Better than Bully Ray, James Storm or Bobby Roode as far as competitors that match up for AA as far as im concerned but if AA drops the belt to Hardy I will not be happy. He has not served his time for his ridiculous 'match' against Sting yet to me...

Storm v. Roode - Honestly could see this goin for 4-5 minutes tops before A's and 8's interrupts and we get the big reveal on at least a few members (aka luke gallows, brisco, masters and who knows)

Angle/AJ/Joe/Daniels/Kaz/Sting/Ray/Morgan - number one contenders match for TNA title. If this happened it could be a great match. If AA retains like he should then Joe, Angle or Daniels winning this could be great. Could see a Daniels screwing Kaz angle to this for the Daniels win. Also believe this could be our first sighting of A's and 8's giving their leader (who i believe is Sting) the win. On top of that we find out Morgan and Bully Ray are part of A's and 8's and JJ comes out as their 'eric bischoff' of nWo.

Dr. Death
09-19-2012, 07:13 AM
I personally don't like Jeff Hardy in the Main Event at TNA's biggest PPV of the year, even if it is against Aries. Granted their styles are similar and the match should be good, but to me it just don't have that "Main Event' feel to it. Some other matches I'd like to see @ BFG are:

1) TNA Heavyweight Title - (already announced)
Austin Aries vs. Jeff Hardy

2) TNA Tag Team Titles
Daniels & Kazarian vs. Chavo & Hernandez

3) Singles Match
James Storm vs. Bobby Roode

4) Lethal Lockdown
Aces & 8s vs. Bully Ray; Samoa Joe; Kurt Angle; AJ Styles; Sting & Abyss (Maybe Hogan)

5) Knockouts Title Match
Miss Tessmacher vs. Mickie James (Just threw this in)

These are just some matches I think would work.

Playboy Stevie V
09-19-2012, 12:57 PM
My only concern about Jeff Hardy being in this big of a TNA PPV main event, as I stated in another thread, was that TNA is taking a big gamble on him after that crap he pulled with Sting at another ppv.

If he is, sober and on his A game it will be a fantastic match.

Dubs
09-19-2012, 05:39 PM
I don't mind Jeff Hardy in the BFG main event. Hes pretty much over like crazy with the TNA fans and hes the top merchidise seller in TNA. I think him and Aries will put on a great match and it will be interesting to see how they work with each other in the ring as they never really faced one another before.

Poot-Hair
09-19-2012, 07:08 PM
Since I'm obviously not going to get Joe/Aries like I had wanted, Hardy/Aries is a decent second. I would have love to see Bully Ray win the big one but again I'm asking for too much.

It'll probably be a spot fest and definitely have some "holy sh*t" moments

Dennis
09-19-2012, 07:12 PM
Since I'm obviously not going to get Joe/Aries like I had wanted, Hardy/Aries is a decent second. I would have love to see Bully Ray win the big one but again I'm asking for too much.

It'll probably be a spot fest and definitely have some "holy sh*t" moments
if bully ray was to face aries at bfg the iwc would of marked the freak out.

Cabers
09-20-2012, 02:20 PM
Its a big draw lets be honest only way the would have topped it would have been AJ Styles vs Aries.

Automatic
09-20-2012, 02:37 PM
Its a big draw lets be honest only way the would have topped it would have been AJ Styles vs Aries.

Or Storm vs Roode for the TNA WHC with a 1 year build.