PDA

View Full Version : has TNA gone the way of the dodo??

Firebrand
11-20-2010, 04:59 PM
Been seeing alot of "Im finished with TNA" posts. Im disapointed to admit they really have taken a nose dive lately. But the ratings seem steady, they lose a few then gain a few. I really had high hopes for this company but frankly they arent preforming at a level which will ever compete with the WWE. Thats what kills me because in my opinion they have as good or better talent than WWE. I cant blame Hogan or Bischof for all of it, they do bring in some viewers. The EV.2 story probably didnt help, pushing the young talent like Aj, Beer Money, Kaz, and the usual faces of TNA to the back of the line so the former WWE guys could get a better push definately didnt help as far as Im concerned. Frankly I dont see what they could do to rejuvinate this promotion short of signing Randy Orton or John Cena, and since thats not going to happen, what can they do to save TNA and put it on a level where it can give the WWE a run for its money? Or is it simply too late?

SilverGhost
11-20-2010, 05:04 PM
Been seeing alot of "Im finished with TNA" posts. Im disapointed to admit they really have taken a nose dive lately. But the ratings seem steady, they lose a few then gain a few. I really had high hopes for this company but frankly they arent preforming at a level which will ever compete with the WWE. Thats what kills me because in my opinion they have as good or better talent than WWE. I cant blame Hogan or Bischof for all of it, they do bring in some viewers. The EV.2 story probably didnt help, pushing the young talent like Aj, Beer Money, Kaz, and the usual faces of TNA to the back of the line so the former WWE guys could get a better push definately didnt help as far as Im concerned. Frankly I dont see what they could do to rejuvinate this promotion short of signing Randy Orton or John Cena, and since thats not going to happen, what can they do to save TNA and put it on a level where it can give the WWE a run for its money? Or is it simply too late?

The only way that TNA would be worth watching is to be ITSELF! Its own company. Its own vision and ways of pro wrestling.

Not a copy and paste crapfest trying to one up the WWE using WCW stuff.

It has potential, just remove the key factors(ie Hogan)

Bodom
11-20-2010, 05:07 PM
Im still not sure Hogan and everybody is bringing in viewers.

I mean, weren't they doing these same numbers before them?

Firebrand
11-20-2010, 05:08 PM
Dont you think that in this buisness where WWE has set the bar, that its nearly impossible for any company not to jump at a former WWE wrestler?? Thats who the majority of people see on tv every week, why not sign them and use em?

Firebrand
11-20-2010, 05:09 PM
Im still not sure Hogan and everybody is bringing in viewers.

I mean, weren't they doing these same numbers before them?

You might be right about that, Im not sure. I thought they had gone up a few decemals after they got there.

SilverGhost
11-20-2010, 05:14 PM
Dont you think that in this buisness where WWE has set the bar, that its nearly impossible for any company not to jump at a former WWE wrestler?? Thats who the majority of people see on tv every week, why not sign them and use em?

The trick is that some talent that WWE throws away HAS potential. I say get those people instead of everyone that WWE has "future endeavored".

Great example is Christian when he went to TNA.

Bodom
11-20-2010, 05:15 PM
You might be right about that, Im not sure. I thought they had gone up a few decemals after they got there.

When you have Hogan, Flair, and Jeff Hardy, who was the HOTTEST wrestler of 2009, there's no reason to be stuck at a 1.2 or 1.3

Bodom
11-20-2010, 05:15 PM
by all the comments from wat im seeing i guess everybody on this fourm hates tna. the only reason why i tune in to watch tna is for there tag team division. gen me and mcmg can put on a hell of a match.

Speaking for myself, its not so much hate as it is frustration.

SilverGhost
11-20-2010, 05:16 PM
by all the comments from wat im seeing i guess everybody on this fourm hates tna. the only reason why i tune in to watch tna is for there tag team division. gen me and mcmg can put on a hell of a match.

I don't hate TNA. I hate its direction. The tag team is the ONLY good thing they have going on. If TNA is based on tag team wrestling like what MCMG and the rest put up, IMO WWE has a run for its money.

SilverCena
11-20-2010, 05:17 PM
No Worries, Vinnie MAc has a one yr no compete clause! Maybe he will jump ship and...WAIT A MINUTE! A captain always goes down with his ship and that is the WWE! Oh well, nice fantasy, Boiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

Firebrand
11-20-2010, 05:19 PM

Far from it. I love TNA and my wife and I watch it religiously. But there is no denying that they have been living in the shit can lately.

@ SilverGhost - Even if it is a mistake, you dont see how a company like TNA would not only want to sign but believe that it would be foolish not to sign someone like Hulk Hogan?

SilverGhost
11-20-2010, 05:24 PM
Far from it. I love TNA and my wife and I watch it religiously. But there is no denying that they have been living in the shit can lately.

@ SilverGhost - Even if it is a mistake, you dont see how a company like TNA would not only want to sign but believe that it would be foolish not to sign someone like Hulk Hogan?

A few good legends would be good but I think they shouldn't around TV. Just backstage. Giving the future of TNA some great pointers.

Signing Hulk was a good move but look at TNA now and tell me honestly is it was worth it considering how they blew BFG and TP.

SilverCena
11-20-2010, 05:34 PM
A few good legends would be good but I think they shouldn't around TV. Just backstage. Giving the future of TNA some great pointers.

Signing Hulk was a good move but look at TNA now and tell me honestly is it was worth it considering how they blew BFG and TP.

If Hogan only came out on special ocassions, it would be fine, but having his ass out there week after week is STALE, Boiiiiiiiiiiii!

Allison
11-20-2010, 06:08 PM
The only way to watch any wrestling show now is to record it, watch the 2-3 parts you like, and skip the rest. When TNA does a show where I (or anyone else) doesn't skip 90% of the show.... that will be a good thing. I used to watch a LOT of Impact. Now I watch the Knockouts. This started about the time Hogan/Bischoff showed up.

CobraNightviper
11-20-2010, 06:28 PM
If you guys rember when Bishoff got to be head of wcw thats when the getting fired wwe wrestlers started and since he's been the head of tna(one of people in charge anyway)the same damn thing thats why alot of people think tna=wcw.

Allison
11-20-2010, 06:31 PM
Bischoff will have the Shockmaster in TNA before long o_O

Silverdust
11-20-2010, 06:52 PM
Bischoff will have the Shockmaster in TNA before long o_O

Are you excited to see the Shockmaster?

Bodom
11-20-2010, 07:24 PM
Are you excited to see the Shockmaster?

Shockmaster = next TNA World Heavyweight Champion

Thoughts?

Silverdust
11-20-2010, 07:36 PM
Shockmaster = next TNA World Heavyweight Champion

Thoughts?

Is he going to do the barreling through the wall finishing move

Bodom
11-20-2010, 07:39 PM
Is he going to do the barreling through the wall finishing move

Its a must!

Thoughts?

Silverdust
11-20-2010, 07:42 PM
Its a must!

Thoughts?

I think it would be ok, who is going to do his voiceover?

SilverGhost
11-20-2010, 08:25 PM
If Hogan only came out on special ocassions, it would be fine, but having his ass out there week after week is STALE, Boiiiiiiiiiiii!

It would be but this is HOGAN we are talking about.

He needs the spotlight to save his life.

Necroyeti
11-20-2010, 09:53 PM
TNA seems to have a notoriously rabid fanbase so they'll probably hang on for a few more years, at least. But honestly, it's as if someone is actively trying to sabotage the company at this point.

SilverGhost
11-20-2010, 10:28 PM
TNA seems to have a notoriously rabid fanbase so they'll probably hang on for a few more years, at least. But honestly, it's as if someone is actively trying to sabotage the company at this point.

Why sabotage a company that is going down?

Bodom
11-20-2010, 10:31 PM
Why sabotage a company that is going down?

So they can make the inevitable WWE produced "The Rise & Fall of TNA" DVD even funnier?

SilverLace
11-20-2010, 10:40 PM
So they can make the inevitable WWE produced "The Rise & Fall of TNA" DVD even funnier?

That's right! its all a setup by Vince secretly pretending to be advising Dixie how to run TNA but for his own benefit. I read this in People Magazine!

Bodom
11-20-2010, 10:42 PM
That's right! its all a setup by Vince secretly pretending to be advising Dixie how to run TNA but for his own benefit. I read this in People Magazine!

Vince kept ECW alive its last year, no reason he can't be doing the same

lucky7pointman
11-21-2010, 01:22 AM
The only way that TNA would be worth watching is to be ITSELF! Its own company. Its own vision and ways of pro wrestling.

Not a copy and paste crapfest trying to one up the WWE using WCW stuff.

It has potential, just remove the key factors(ie Hogan)

☆LL☆ tna did use ur way and rating was 0.5 ad kurt who former wwe rating go up lil by lil so since old wwe rating been going up lil by lil

the wrestling shade
11-21-2010, 02:01 AM
its simple what tna needs... is more wrestling and less talking, and with that i refer to their weekly impact show thats contain only one good match each week and its usually the tag team match , and the rest of the show is just building the storylines i mean dont get me wrong storylines needs to be build each and every week but not on the expience of wrestling air time. i remember untill 2009 tna was producing great wrestling in the ring each and every week, beside we dont need to see a huge build up for tna because most of its original talent ( the ones who desierve to be in the main event) are strong and experienced wrestlers and they can do their talking in the ring to build up a storyline, but instead of this we see jeff hardy who is a main event wrestler in my openion but past his time i mean he is 33 years old and he's acting like this is his rise to the top and to be a great superstar i mean we all know who jeff is and we all know what he did to help the bussiness so why he is in the main event this spot is for younger more talented on the rise superstars. and jeff needs to be at his prime right now developing and helping the new talent to break threw the main event picture. tna is pushing old talents and that is very bad because the fans want to see the old talent but they also want to them putting over younger talent and not holding their spot like they are right now tna is all missed up

IPEEINTHESHOWER
11-21-2010, 02:17 AM
TNA needs more http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTgeC2PzofE2Z0Q3IcC_emd_rjK9Bh88 qAAjTT0vdR2ubtgtR6j

SilverGhost
11-21-2010, 02:40 AM
TNA needs more http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTgeC2PzofE2Z0Q3IcC_emd_rjK9Bh88 qAAjTT0vdR2ubtgtR6j

Ratings will skyrocket/sarcasm

t34mplayer
11-21-2010, 03:46 AM

And thats the FISHIN' LINE...

With you 100%

eboy
11-21-2010, 04:46 PM
real shame with tna it seems to have lost its life its soul its passion i am still a fan and am going to give them a chance and will see what happens when they kick hogan and bischoff out the door next october i hope they rebuiled the x division and the brand then they can challenge the wwe in the future

doug williams = english ganster face= awesome

therockiswwf
11-21-2010, 05:15 PM
Why does everyone love TNA tag division so much? As of right now the only tag teams I can thing of are Ink Inc. (which I don't like), Gen Me (don't like), MCMG (I do like), Ey and OJ (good lord), and Beer Money (meh for me, never really got why people liked them so much). I don't know if London brawling counts because I don't know if Wolfe is still injured. That makes for 4 tag teams and the guns are stuck with Gen Me. I just don't get why everyone likes their tag division even though its not that good.
And I don't even know why I watch TNA. I tape it on my dvr and end up fast forwarding through it almost every time. They have a lot of potential but they just do crap with it.

Silverdust
11-21-2010, 05:19 PM
Why does everyone love TNA tag division so much? As of right now the only tag teams I can thing of are Ink Inc. (which I don't like), Gen Me (don't like), MCMG (I do like), Ey and OJ (good lord), and Beer Money (meh for me, never really got why people liked them so much). I don't know if London brawling counts because I don't know if Wolfe is still injured. That makes for 4 tag teams and the guns are stuck with Gen Me. I just don't get why everyone likes their tag division even though its not that good.
And I don't even know why I watch TNA. I tape it on my dvr and end up fast forwarding through it almost every time. They have a lot of potential but they just do crap with it.

Why don't you like GenMe? Are they not fast enough for your taste?

therockiswwf
11-21-2010, 05:52 PM
Why don't you like GenMe? Are they not fast enough for your taste?
LOL

No, I just don't like them. Are they good wreslters, yes. Are they fun to watch, yes. But do I care about them, no. I don't like someone just because they are good wrestlers. Like Jack Swagger, I hate Swagger but he is a good wrestler but I just hate his character. I need more reason to like someone other than (or else than?) they are good at wrestling.

SilverCena
11-21-2010, 05:57 PM
TNA needs to put more of the TNA that it once was back out there. I know they will never bring the 6 sided ring back but put Styles and Samoa Joe back in the ring against one another on top of the tag teams and hey, there you go!

P.S. Bring back Curry Man and Shark Boy FTW, Boiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

Iron Ape
11-21-2010, 07:40 PM

Considering what all of the bad press regarding his asinine family has done to his image, it actually was incredibly foolish to sign Hogan thinking that he was still a draw. The days of "Hogan = ratings" are long freakin' gone.

Spear-O-Matic
11-24-2010, 11:57 PM
I'm a rabid WWE fan, but even I will say that TNA's tag teams could wipe their collective asses with what remains of WWE's tag team division. At least TNA doesn't dissolve tag teams after a year or so. MCMG and Beer Money Inc. have been around for years, but what about WWE's big tag teams? The Uso's are too obscure, Legacy is a distant memory, The Hart Dynasty is dead.

SilverGhost
11-25-2010, 06:26 PM

TNA's tag team division can put up THE BEST MATCHES that we have ever seen. WWE has a destroyed tag team division so TNA is doing its job well ONLY on the tag team division since you see growth and action on the teams.

Rich Cranium
11-25-2010, 08:21 PM
TNA's tag team division can put up THE BEST MATCHES that we have ever seen. WWE has a destroyed tag team division so TNA is doing its job well ONLY on the tag team division since you see growth and action on the teams.

So WWE killed the tag team division and TNA killed the Singles division pretty much?

SilverGhost
11-25-2010, 08:30 PM
So WWE killed the tag team division and TNA killed the Singles division pretty much?

WWE killed the tag team division.

TNA killed everything BUT the tag team division.

Bodom
11-25-2010, 08:39 PM

A fairly accurate assumption.

Rich Cranium
11-25-2010, 08:47 PM
I wish I could get ROH, it would be nice to have a change.

Bodom
11-25-2010, 09:05 PM
I wish I could get ROH, it would be nice to have a change.

Same here.

Seriously wish I had that channel.

TheDevilsAdvocate
11-25-2010, 09:23 PM
Same here.

Seriously wish I had that channel.

It comes on on tv? I thought it was only on HDnet.com

SilverGhost
11-25-2010, 09:24 PM
It comes on on tv? I thought it was only on HDnet.com

HDNet has a channel in cable/satellite I think.

Bodom
11-25-2010, 09:25 PM
HDnet is a channel

Wasn't aware it had a website....

SilverGhost
11-25-2010, 09:26 PM
HDnet is a channel

Wasn't aware it had a website....

http://www.hd.net/

Bodom
11-25-2010, 09:27 PM
If it shows full episodes i'll be a happy man.

SilverGhost
11-25-2010, 09:28 PM
I don't think so....

Bodom
11-25-2010, 09:28 PM
.............fuck

SilverGhost
11-25-2010, 09:35 PM
I know....Is there a way to watch full eps without youtube?

TheDevilsAdvocate
11-25-2010, 09:41 PM
Dunno!

I am sure if you google full Roh episodes you will probably come across something eventually.

Necroyeti
11-25-2010, 09:43 PM
I know....Is there a way to watch full eps without youtube?
PWTorrents.

And somebody always live streams ROH on HDNet on justin.tv at 8pm est, not the greatest of quality though.

Bodom
11-25-2010, 09:44 PM
Dunno!

I am sure if you google full Roh episodes you will probably come across something eventually.

Well duh Ms. Know It All.

Im just too damn lazy ;)

SilverGhost
11-25-2010, 09:52 PM
Dunno!

Google: Everyones answer!

SilverCena
11-25-2010, 11:34 PM
TNA has a lot to learn and they better learn quick.