PDA

View Full Version : Does Sting deserve a WWE run as Champion???

Ruggy
08-30-2010, 05:30 PM
Subject I bet you have all be talking about....

Our beloved Sting..... Legend of the NWA and WCW....

Would he be deserving of a run in WWE and let the guy be the champion??

Yes is my view.

Forget the blonde hair and the "Road-Warriors" face-paint....

Could he for once please fall through the ring... Win the Royal Rumble and teach Sheamus or Kane a lesson.... Yes he could.

Vince, this is my plea to you and yes I know your guys read these..... Please for the love of god, let this guy come into the company and re-ignite the flame which is almost dead in your company and get the old style fan watching again. We are all tired of this rubbish u put on every week. Show the normal wrestling fan some respect for once and bring back "The Legend" that your company never had.

Rant over.

Russ

jwt15
08-30-2010, 05:34 PM
Sting has said he will never work for Vince because of what Vince did with WCW when he brought it Im sure Vince would love to have him but sting wants no part in it there is a video on youtube were Sting tells why he's never going to WWE

Ruggy
08-30-2010, 05:40 PM
Vince could buy sting to have on last shot.... WCW did some pretty rubbish stuff towards the end. Sting could just put the fire in the belly of any old school wrestling fan..

jwt15
08-30-2010, 05:41 PM
Vince made an offer to Sting, Sting wants NOTHING to do with Vince or WWE

DirtySteal
08-30-2010, 05:43 PM
I doubt it. If he ever did leave TNA, i doubt he'd go to WWE. Plus, I dont think WWE would want somone that has been so heavily connected with TNA, they couldnt re-brand him like they would a less know superstar, I think sting has too much of a connection to TNA nowadays.

jwt15
08-30-2010, 05:45 PM
Thats another thing Sting is an extremely loyal person and I think he'll be with TNA until he is done with the wrestling business

Ruggy
08-30-2010, 05:52 PM
Sting is loyal, but..... Come on, the lure off WWE gold, this would put his name amougst the stars... He needs to has his name in the WCW(NWA)/WWE hall of fame.

Robstar
08-30-2010, 05:52 PM
The only thing I think that would make Sting EVER consider a WWE run would be if Nash gave in and decided he could do one last run there and convinced Sting himself to do it. No other way.

Ruggy
08-30-2010, 06:05 PM
Nash shouldn't be considered in it..... Lets get Luger back eh lol

TLK
08-30-2010, 06:11 PM
The likelyhood of Sting ever going to work for Vince is zero percent. In the youtube video that one of the other forum members put he clearly stated he would never work for Vince or the WWE as he knows in his heart that their creative team would alter parts of his character and misuse him. Also some of the EX WWE talent who were acquired when WCW and ECW folded unless their ring names were trademarked then their Ring names are property of the WWE. Classic case is Hardcore Justice PPV when some of the ECW allumini such as Balls Mahoney (kahoneys) Tony Mamaluke (Tony Luke) Justin Credible (PJ Polaco) and of course the Dudleys and Spike (Team 3D and Brother Runt) where WWE own the original names.

And also Sting has never needed the WWE to get over with the fans. the fans know who he is and followed him for years so never needed or wanted to be part of the WWE circus. Also when he had an interview with Mike Tenay. Vince McMahon's name was mentioned and alongside with Hogan's name being mentioned. sting gave the same answer for both of them. greatest chess player in wrestling.

*BRET_THM_HART*
08-30-2010, 06:13 PM
I hope he never joins WWE, and neing at the age, i dont think WWE would want to sign a long term contract, the most( if he joins WWE) a one big match at Wrestlemania.

he has gharned everything a legend ever needs outside of wwe adn should stay out to set a example that wwe is not everything.

djsoulslayer
08-30-2010, 06:59 PM
I love Sting but his time is clearly come and gone... I don't really think that Sting has enough left to have a run with the WWE title. That's just my opinion.

NickerBaucker
08-30-2010, 07:11 PM
In my own opinion, I wouldn't want Sting to have a WWE title run. In fact, I don't want him to have any more title runs at all. Look, I fully respect Sting and all of his accomplishments. I grew up watching the guy, every week, just waiting for him to drop down from the ceiling and clear the ring single handedly. I loved the guy. I still do. But I personally don't think he should be that involved any more. Especially when it comes to actually competing. Now, I know a lot of, if not all of you, are going to say, "but he can still wrestle. Why shouldn't he compete?" Well yes, I guess technically he can still wrestle. But so can Ric Flair, and I haven't been entertained by any match I've seen him in since long before he "retired" from the WWE. Nash is slow, and in my mind doesn't have the same appeal he had when I was growing up. Just because a wrestler is a legend in the business doesn't mean they should be wrestling up until a week before they keel over. There are so many young and amazing talents out there that deserve a shot in the spot light but aren't able to get it because of the camera time the older guys take or even due to the amount of money they're getting paid simply because they're legends. You can respect these guys all you want for what they've accomplished in the business, and believe me, I do, but there comes a time when they need to stop. I'm not saying they have to leave all together, but they are no longer able to carry the same weight they once were and therefore, in my opinion, do not deserve any title run regardless of where they are.

Enlgish_TNA4LYF_FAN
08-30-2010, 08:47 PM
ure wrong, sting is a legend and deseves a title run but it not what 2 yr olds are lukin 4 in wwe but he shud defo stick around like now he not wrestling buyt makin appearances i love the guy

eyehatecena
08-30-2010, 09:54 PM
I am a Sting fan from his days inWCW, and while he still can do it in the ring- I would not want to see him in a WWE ring chasing after a title. 10 yrs ago, maybe, but not now. I hope he retires in the TNA- I am sure they will give him a deserving sendoff- WWE would not

NickerBaucker
08-30-2010, 10:27 PM
ure wrong, sting is a legend and deseves a title run but it not what 2 yr olds are lukin 4 in wwe but he shud defo stick around like now he not wrestling buyt makin appearances i love the guy

I understood about half of that. Spell check works wonders bro.

justin sane
08-31-2010, 01:00 AM
just to comment on sting thinking wwe would not understand and manipulate his "character" and whatnot...I have been completely confused with the Sting character in TNA. I hear hes only paid to show up a certain amount of times, so hes used sparatically...He's a good guy, he's a bad guy, he shows up as part of a storyline, disappears, shows up again in an unrelated storyline, disappears again, now he's wolfpack again? I just don't get it. He's not much of a "character" at all these days. Put him in a WWE ring for a short term deal...Sting's last run. Have him show up, like someone previously said at a royal rumble out of the blue, repel, win the thing, go into a fued with Taker at Wrestlemania, only lord knows who else can follow the Taker Michaels fued with any similar interest (maybe Cena?) so that would be a perfect pairing. 2 old school guys. 2 demonic characters who would run mind games on each other given a good script and it could be golden. Taker wins, Sting loses but gets his face on WWE tv and gets his ass in the hall of fame some day, its a win win and die hard fans would cream their pants to see it.

Ochomonkeybrain
08-31-2010, 01:09 AM
I can't remember where I saw or read it so I can't provide a source-- but I recall once that there was a time where Sting had a WWF offer (I believe it was still the WWF at that time) and almost accepted it. What stopped him was a segment between The Rock and Booker T where The Rock looked at Booker T and said, "Who the hell are you?" To Sting, this was a slap in the face to Booker T. It degraded everything he accomplished in the WCW. Sting didn't want his accomplishments degraded like that.

Now, in the next-coming years I could see the WWE signing Sting to some sort of Legends Contract (though I realize they're trying to do-away with them). They would do this mostly for DVD purposes, an autobiography, clothing, etc. They might have him in a storyline, but I doubt if they would give him the belt. But that's just my opinion.

Mr Perfect
08-31-2010, 01:37 AM
I'm a huge Sting fan, but the man is 51 years old. He has no business being in the ring anymore.

Mr Perfect
08-31-2010, 01:42 AM
http://www.examiner.com/wwe-in-national/wwe-wants-wcw-and-tna-icon-sting-the-wwe-hall-of-fame

AGEOFFALL
08-31-2010, 02:12 AM
Not right off the bat but he would never do it.

TLK
08-31-2010, 03:55 AM
[QUOTE=justin sane;3467]just to comment on sting thinking wwe would not understand and manipulate his "character" and whatnot...I have been completely confused with the Sting character in TNA. I hear hes only paid to show up a certain amount of times, so hes used sparatically...He's a good guy, he's a bad guy, he shows up as part of a storyline, disappears, shows up again in an unrelated storyline, disappears again, now he's wolfpack again? I just don't get it. He's not much of a "character" at all these days. Put him in a WWE ring for a short term deal...Sting's last run. Have him show up, like someone previously said at a royal rumble out of the blue, repel, win the thing, go into a fued with Taker at Wrestlemania, only lord knows who else can follow the Taker Michaels fued with any similar interest (maybe Cena?) so that would be a perfect pairing. 2 old school guys. 2 demonic characters who would run mind games on each other given a good script and it could be golden. Taker wins, Sting loses but gets his face on WWE tv and gets his ass in the hall of fame some day, its a win win and die hard fans would cream their pants to see it.[/QUOTE
]

As to the current situation with Sting in TNA is he is probably on a pay per appearance deal so you wont see him as much or on a like Flair and RVD on a set amount of days per year deal. As to his current heel run and the confusion. This is probably the typical Vince Russo balls up. Start an angle and desert it quietly. remember Samoa Joe being abducted. What happened? No one knows.

The Watcher
08-31-2010, 04:14 AM
The real question brought up by this topic is: Why do people think he needs to go to WWE to cement his place as a legend?

DirtySteal
08-31-2010, 08:58 AM
The real question brought up by this topic is: Why do people think he needs to go to WWE to cement his place as a legend?

Exactly, he doesn't.

Its probably because WWE is the top dog in pro wrestling and the one with the most publicity, people think that in order to become a famous legend, you must finish there.

Ruggy
08-31-2010, 05:29 PM
I don't think we were saying he should finish there, just get a run

SilverGhost
08-31-2010, 11:10 PM
Sting has done alot. The man is a legend. And I understand Stings point of view. Vince would screw Sting like what he did to Bret or something. Though if Sting were to go to the WWE, it should be because of the Undertaker. Sting VS Undertaker.

MrNolan
09-01-2010, 02:57 PM
Hes old and barely wants to wrestle in TNA. Its pointless to think of him in a WWE ring at this point. Its about as likely as Fedor going to the UFC.

Hesterica
09-01-2010, 08:07 PM
I agree that Sting doesn't need WWE. Someone said that he is an example to everyone that you do not need to be with the big E to become a legend. But I would have loved to see him get a run during the attitude era in WWF but today, he should stick with TNA, help the organization grow and become competitive with WWE which would lead to better products from both sides.

The Pike
09-03-2010, 03:18 AM
There is no way sting would ever get a title shot in WWE. Plain and simple, it wouldn't happen. Do you think Bret's going to get one? no. So why would they EVER give one to "Sting". MAYBE ten years ago (and he was old then) but NEVER now. his time is WAY past. But it is true that he does need a WWE run to "Cement" his career. Sting is great... but he's comparable to the greatest Canadian football player... he might be great but he isn't a great NFL player. If Sting had gone to WWE years ago, in the attitude era, then he WOULD'VE been champ and WOULD be in the HOF... but as it stands now he never will be. too bad, really, but it's the truth. He serves a purpose in TNA, at least he has that. Even if he came to WWE anyway it would not make a difference to the fans. Who's going to get excited? not me. If those fans still existed they'd be watching TNA... and they're not.

ctaz
09-04-2010, 12:48 PM
Sting does not deserve crap from the WWE. He is like Shawn Michaels. Shawn never needed WCW and he was extremely loyal to Vince. Sting does not and will never need the WWE to be famous. And even if Vince cracked a little bit and let sting in, he would never push him like all the old WCW fans would hope. WWE does not need him and I am shore he is happy where he is.

Firebrand
09-04-2010, 10:19 PM
Sting does not deserve crap from the WWE. He is like Shawn Michaels. Shawn never needed WCW and he was extremely loyal to Vince. Sting does not and will never need the WWE to be famous. And even if Vince cracked a little bit and let sting in, he would never push him like all the old WCW fans would hope. WWE does not need him and I am shore he is happy where he is.

Check yourself....Vince has nearly got on his knees to bring in Sting. Sting does not need nor does he desire to be apart of the WWE. And my hats off to him for sticking to his guns. He is a legend, and a hall of famer weither the WWE recognizes it or not. That hall of fame the WWE has....its a ass kissing club for WWE employees. The real legends.....guys like Sting, who have never and will never compete in the WWE do not need Vince McMahon's nod of approval to be what they are.

merhardt03
09-30-2013, 05:55 AM
I can't remember where I saw or read it so I can't provide a source-- but I recall once that there was a time where Sting had a WWF offer (I believe it was still the WWF at that time) and almost accepted it. What stopped him was a segment between The Rock and Booker T where The Rock looked at Booker T and said, "Who the hell are you?" To Sting, this was a slap in the face to Booker T. It degraded everything he accomplished in the WCW. Sting didn't want his accomplishments degraded like that.

Now, in the next-coming years I could see the WWE signing Sting to some sort of Legends Contract (though I realize they're trying to do-away with them). They would do this mostly for DVD purposes, an autobiography, clothing, etc. They might have him in a storyline, but I doubt if they would give him the belt. But that's just my opinion.
I remember reading this myself but I cannot recall where either. Yea I specifically remember that segment where Rocky said that and I thought wtf was that about? It was kind of isulting

CricketTragic
09-30-2013, 10:50 AM
I remember reading this myself but I cannot recall where either. Yea I specifically remember that segment where Rocky said that and I thought wtf was that about? It was kind of isulting

I think to many guys read into that segment, how many times has Rock said Who in the blue hell are you?

Tommy Thunder
09-30-2013, 11:26 AM
At this point? No. No chance. The only thing I want to see Sting do in WWE now is face Undertaker, but even that proverbial ship has sailed now IMO.
10 years ago I'd have been open to seeing Sting have a run in WWE coupled with a WWE title run, but he'd have had to jump ship to do that, and that's not going to happen according to the own man's words. But now, I think even seeing Sting in a WWE ring is unlikely, let alone a run with the company or the title belt.

crimsondynamo1
10-01-2013, 11:36 AM
Sting would be great in WWE. He could still feud with The Undertaker or Kane. A feud with the Wyatt family would be exciting because of their lights-out antics.

Cam Pain
10-02-2013, 12:32 PM
yeah sure a feud with: Undertaker, Kane, The Wyatt Family, HHH, Punk, you can go on and on and make a big ol' mighty list of who would make a great matchup against Sting from the E...But the Fact is the man is now officially OLD and SLOW. He will always be a money-drawing machine...don't get me wrong...But IMO will NEVER be up to par again, to be a champion, ESPECIALLY WWE Champ. I am in no way shape or form a "WWE" guy, but i do believe that is the top of the totem pole...and i do believe the fans deserve someone who is at THE VERY BEST of their game to call their champion...I would love to see over a 6 Month period time Sting and whoever build a storyline directly after Mania, after that ends around Summerslam or so, have him start feuding with Taker, saying now its time for him to "Take Out" Taker, which was is goal in the first place, building a nice long feud into WM...then have them both retire there somehow. BOOM. You'll get Sting on the 2 BIGGEST E PPVs of the year, have him face TWO E superstars, and have a real "once in a lifetime" match, and two legends, who have done so much can go out, against each other at the biggest PPV all year....seems nice and realistic, IF Steve B. were to ever join up....but lets not get our hopes up, this is the world of pro wrestling!:p

HCollins-TNA1
10-09-2013, 08:05 PM
I feel if he would leave TNA and come for the WWE.... he will either get one of 2 things.... A WWE title run, or win or a draw against the Undertaker at Wrestlemania.....
Which I don't think the latter will happen so the WWE title run seems more possible.... But if Sting do sign with the WWE, it will be a 2 to 3 year run with time off much like Undertaker and other veteran superstars contracts... with probably 4 or 5 different feuds....

chunkkynutzzz
10-20-2013, 11:47 AM
Hell Naw, what can he bring to the table as champion. With so many other guys that are in there prime and can go in the ring to deliver a main event caliber match.

I think a wwe run would be great , and its purpose should be to lead to WM vs Taker. Thats it.

I like sting , but hes old now and the match ups arent Dream matches besides sting v taker.
Sting vs hbk, sting vs bret hart submission match, austin vs sting, etc.

Too much time has passed for it to be as special as it wouldve and could've been.