PDA

View Full Version : The Future of WWE....In Trouble?

DKO Killa
11-20-2010, 02:44 AM
Let's tell the truth shall we. I got for words for ya"MIC SKILLS MEANS EVERYTHING". Lets be for real, John Morrison is a great example. A really great wrestler, but his mic skills suck. Lets face it The Miz has good Mic Skills, and has truly grown over the past few years. He's not the only one, Ted Bibiase, Daniel Bryan, Evan Bourne, Ziggler, Swagger, and many more really need to step their game up in mic skills. I really like these guys, but they're in trouble. What do u think?

Scottland
11-20-2010, 03:13 AM
Let's tell the truth shall we. I got for words for ya"MIC SKILLS MEANS EVERYTHING". Lets be for real, John Morrison is a great example. A really great wrestler, but his mic skills suck. Lets face it The Miz has good Mic Skills, and has truly grown over the past few years. He's not the only one, Ted Bibiase, Daniel Bryan, Evan Bourne, Ziggler, Swagger, and many more really need to step their game up in mic skills. I really like these guys, but they're in trouble. What do u think?

You bring up a valid point. Mic skills have clearly become a significant key in climbing to the top. The mic skillset became even more of an importance when guys like Rock (especially him), Austin, HBK, HHH, Jericho, Angle, Foley & so forth really showed that's a key factor & element into attracting the crowd to a individual wrestler. The "E" in WWE stands for entertainment & in entertainment you have to be able to have solid communicational assets that include charisma, quick-wittedness, memorable & captivating catchphrases, sharp one-liners, the attitude & so forth. Truth be told, the mass majority don't have alot of these aspects.

bcfccalum
11-20-2010, 06:42 AM
Key word here is 'future'. The superstars you mentioned that need to step up their game still have a long future ahead of them to work on mic skills. So i wouldn't say they're in trouble

jethro
11-20-2010, 09:35 AM
If they given more airtime to cut a promo and to test whether they got the crowd reaction or not....they must possess the skill of grasping crowd on their grip,such wrestlers able to do that are The Rock,Stone Cold,Miz,Punk,Edge,Jericho,Santino to name a few well known wrestlers.

PersonalPet98
11-20-2010, 03:11 PM
John Morrison is a perfect example of what's wrong with Wrestling nowadays, young flash in the pan type of wrestler who showed potential, but his character went no where fast. Now they got him running to the rescue of Santino every week at the hands of Sheamus. Vladimir was his protector but the last few weeks he has been kicked in the head by Sheamus, leaving John Morrison to come to the aid of Santino, this is the worst story line ever. Why the hell does Santino needs protecting from another wrestler, I thought he was one....If WWE thinks this is funny it certainly is not!!!! There is just no one to match up to Stone Cold, HBK, Flair, Hogan, Sid Vicious, Lex Lugar, Kevin Nash, and all those other great wrestlers. Miz, R-truth, Tyson Kidd sure doesn't. The writers at WWE have wrote off all the good talent, and there are only a few old timers left: Undertaker, Cane, Edge, Christian, and the Big Show. Jericho is now gone, I think they'll be gone soon and all we'll have left is the Miz, Cena and Hornswaggle, what a pay per view that would be....This SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!

Firebrand
11-20-2010, 04:47 PM
dont forget guys, before Chris Benoit went psycho, he was renowned for his in ring skill but hardly ever did anything on the mic. And the fans still loved him and had mad respect for him because of his skill as a wrestler. Kane is another who untill somewhat recently didnt use the mic very much. I think the fans who spend the money on shows and whatnot can appreciate the ability of the guys in ring as much if not more than their skills on a mic.

lucky7pointman
11-20-2010, 04:52 PM
John Morrison is a perfect example of what's wrong with Wrestling nowadays, young flash in the pan type of wrestler who showed potential, but his character went no where fast. Now they got him running to the rescue of Santino every week at the hands of Sheamus. Vladimir was his protector but the last few weeks he has been kicked in the head by Sheamus, leaving John Morrison to come to the aid of Santino, this is the worst story line ever. Why the hell does Santino needs protecting from another wrestler, I thought he was one....If WWE thinks this is funny it certainly is not!!!! There is just no one to match up to Stone Cold, HBK, Flair, Hogan, Sid Vicious, Lex Lugar, Kevin Nash, and all those other great wrestlers. Miz, R-truth, Tyson Kidd sure doesn't. The writers at WWE have wrote off all the good talent, and there are only a few old timers left: Undertaker, Cane, Edge, Christian, and the Big Show. Jericho is now gone, I think they'll be gone soon and all we'll have left is the Miz, Cena and Hornswaggle, what a pay per view that would be....This SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!

U love morrison so shut up cuz u right wat u saying but if wwe did wat u say wat the fuck morrison will be doing it a good thing cuz he is in a feud with a mainevent who is a former world champion

lucky7pointman
11-20-2010, 05:26 PM
dont forget guys, before Chris Benoit went psycho, he was renowned for his in ring skill but hardly ever did anything on the mic. And the fans still loved him and had mad respect for him because of his skill as a wrestler. Kane is another who untill somewhat recently didnt use the mic very much. I think the fans who spend the money on shows and whatnot can appreciate the ability of the guys in ring as much if not more than their skills on a mic.

If u think about it after chris lost the world title he was back in the midcard and never got a one on one world title shot after his rematch the night after losing the title

SilverCena
11-20-2010, 05:32 PM
WWE WILL bounce back, believe that! They have the longevity and certainly the money and backers, so dont fret, it ALL GOOD Boiiiiiiii!

CMhuw24
11-21-2010, 03:39 AM
Well they still have the Miz and CM Punk.
And lets not forget this isnt entirely true, Randy Orton hardly speaks and when he does its robot voice, but hey the crowd love him...

Splattered-Dreams
11-21-2010, 06:44 AM
I, personally, find it sad that you guys seem to be disappointed by this. The first post in the thread mentions a bunch of great wrestlers, some of the best we've seen in years, and you guys are pissed because they can't talk? Sure, promos hype matches and matches sell tickets/PPVs, but when I see a bunch of talent coming through who's best skills are WRESTLING skills, I see that as a good thing and a step in the right direction. Truely great matches wouldn't need months of promos. I'm a wrestling fan, that's it, I love seeing guys ply their trade and giving a stellar in-ring performance - that's what they're payed to do.

Maybe I'm being delusional, b ut in ten years WWE could be like ROH but on a larger scale. How awesome would that be? In short, support the guys with the best wrestling talent - they're the ones who're gonna give you value for your rasslin' buck.

/rant

Firebrand
11-21-2010, 02:47 PM
If u think about it after chris lost the world title he was back in the midcard and never got a one on one world title shot after his rematch the night after losing the title

Actually beore he off'd his family and himself he was set to be ECW champion (if you can recall he was drafted by ECW two weeks before), which technically is a world title if you want to strech it that way.

Spear-O-Matic
11-25-2010, 02:02 PM

You want to watch 90's and early 00 stars? Turn on TNA. They've nested all of their retro, out-dated granny slams there. Get over the fact that new people are getting pushes and that the industry is changing, because The Taker, HHH, Edge, Kane (that's the correct spelling), and Christian won't be around forever.