PDA

View Full Version : Meeting room

VanHooliganX
09-13-2012, 03:00 PM
Thank you for joining me gentlemen in this meeting today. Feel free to make yourself a coffee as beverages are to your left.

...Sorry.

Seriously though. I'd like to bring up the state of EFedding again here. Now I despise these threads and much as you people do probably but it needs to be brought up.

Now this probably doesn't effect anyone who is just in WWE, TWE, EWNCW or JBW. Which is good. But for a good bunch of us we're not like that.

HWA, EWA and ICW had a lot of people who weren't in any other feds or were just more pro-HWA or pro-ICW. So naturally these people have either gone to these 4 or not gone anywhere whatsoever.

Why not just move to 1 of those 4 feds then?

Good question italic-man! Simples.

WWE is a great EFed, but not everyone is for being a real wrestler and you cannot take your created 1 there.

Whilst not everyone is for joining JBW and/or EWNCW/TWE. Those are your options.

Now I can account for damn near everyone who said, even when we had too many that HWA, the 3rd EFed, was fine and having 5 EFeds was a good number. So basically, if you can't guess what I'm saying is. Should a separate third EFed be made?

I don't mean an EFed that'll run for a handful of months. I mean an EFed that'll have committed creative members, a decent sized roster and a place that was just as fun to be in as ICW, EWA and HWA was.

No_1eddiefan
09-13-2012, 03:04 PM
Thank you for joining me gentlemen in this meeting today. Feel free to make yourself a coffee as beverages are to your left.

...Sorry.

Seriously though. I'd like to bring up the state of EFedding again here. Now I despise these threads and much as you people do probably but it needs to be brought up.

Now this probably doesn't effect anyone who is just in WWE, TWE, EWNCW or JBW. Which is good. But for a good bunch of us we're not like that.

HWA, EWA and ICW had a lot of people who weren't in any other feds or were just more pro-HWA or pro-ICW. So naturally these people have either gone to these 4 or not gone anywhere whatsoever.

Why not just move to 1 of those 4 feds then?

Good question italic-man! Simples.

WWE is a great EFed, but not everyone is for being a real wrestler and you cannot take your created 1 there.

Whilst not everyone is for joining JBW and/or EWNCW/TWE. Those are your options.

Now I can account for damn near everyone who said, even when we had too many that HWA, the 3rd EFed, was fine and having 5 EFeds was a good number. So basically, if you can't guess what I'm saying is. Should a separate third EFed be made?

I don't mean an EFed that'll run for a handful of months. I mean an EFed that'll have committed creative members, a decent sized roster and a place that was just as fun to be in as ICW, EWA and HWA was.

It's a great idea but it would need a creative team and a writer and there's not that many guys that would want to do that.

If I didn't have commitments to all three feds already, I'd definitely start up one though, so I think it's a brilliant idea.

Torphy
09-13-2012, 03:09 PM
This time around I would be supportive of a new fed as long as commitments were made and guarantees were given that it wasn't going to be a flash in the pan. A lot of planning would need to go into this and I believe a creative team would have to be established of already well known EWN fedders, not unknown quanities (IWF anyone?).

Perhaps something new should be trialed, maybe have a rotating creative team of 4 or so people, and have one person take the load for 2 weeks, then the next guy, and the next, and the next and so on to prevent burn out?

wrestlingfan66513
09-13-2012, 03:19 PM
Asher's rookie show was great and fun to read, maybe if 2 or more people worked together, then it would be a great short show for newer members to come in and learn. After the show, the other feds recruit. It can be a mix of new efedders and more experienced guys who want to test a new character.

S.E. Zero
09-13-2012, 03:20 PM
AYS had mentioned in lieu of HWA being gone he'd try to make a new fed. He could make it pending the mods approval but with only those limited options, approval may be omitted and any fed could begin and be as Van put a 3rd separate fed. So it may come to down to first come, first served (not the best to do things).

Whoever does this better be prepared to undergo the stress of writing on a weekly time frame to get the shows out on time, requesting and waiting endlessly for promos at times, sitting around looking on youtube for matches and so on that really is the daunting behind the scenes aspect of running a fed, so if they are not ready, they should not be running a fed.

No_1eddiefan
09-13-2012, 03:24 PM
AYS had mentioned in lieu of HWA being gone he'd try to make a new fed. He could make it pending the mods approval but with only those limited options, approval may be omitted and any fed could begin and be as Van put a 3rd separate fed. So it may come to down to first come, first served (not the best to do things).

Whoever does this better be prepared to undergo the stress of writing on a weekly time frame to get the shows out on time, requesting and waiting endlessly for promos at times, sitting around looking on youtube for matches and so on that really is the daunting behind the scenes aspect of running a fed, so if they are not ready, they should not be running a fed.

AYS isn't on enough to make another fed man.

He hasn't been on since that day.

S.E. Zero
09-13-2012, 03:27 PM
AYS isn't on enough to make another fed man.

He hasn't been on since that day.

Hence the rest of my post :p Whoever does start a new fed better be ready for what it takes (it never is as easy it may look to those who don't know like we do) or let someone else do the job.

Destruction
09-13-2012, 03:29 PM
It's a great idea, but I think the minimum creative team should be 1 experienced creative member, and 1 more creative member - whether new or experienced.

VanHooliganX
09-13-2012, 03:33 PM
This time around I would be supportive of a new fed as long as commitments were made and guarantees were given that it wasn't going to be a flash in the pan. A lot of planning would need to go into this and I believe a creative team would have to be established of already well known EWN fedders, not unknown quanities (IWF anyone?).

Perhaps something new should be trialed, maybe have a rotating creative team of 4 or so people, and have one person take the load for 2 weeks, then the next guy, and the next, and the next and so on to prevent burn out?

Aye, I think that's a very good plan. If we could find people willing to do that I think we could get a very stable EFed :)

Asher's rookie show was great and fun to read, maybe if 2 or more people worked together, then it would be a great short show for newer members to come in and learn. After the show, the other feds recruit. It can be a mix of new efedders and more experienced guys who want to test a new character.

I was technically thinking that this could be the second show of the new EFed and then depending if the actual show could handle a few more people, add them to the roster.

Gosh darn it, Asher deserves to finish his show! lol

Shining Light
09-13-2012, 03:49 PM
I for one am in favour of a 5th and FINAL e-fed. I have now realised that having too many Feds mean that they are more likely to close down, therefore leaving people without a fed.

I would like to see something new though, maybe where the winner of the match is determined by who writes the better promo. That way people will be more willing to put more effort into them in the hope of winning their match or even a title. Promos are fun to read and all, but sometimes they seem as pointless as diet coke!

Krysys
09-13-2012, 04:05 PM
I am completely in favor of a new fed. This is assuming however, that whoever creates this fed is reliable (Pot meet kettle..) and is willing to deal with the ups an downs that come with running a fed. Whoever decides to do this better be prepared for long days and annoying messages from individuals wondering why they aren't getting pushed. This is not an easy task, and while it can be fun, there will be moments where you just want to say "fuck it" you need to be prepared for those moments.

These are just my own opinions. I am not saying I am right, just giving my 2 cents.

Good luck to whoever starts the task!

eyehatecena
09-13-2012, 04:08 PM
yeah, i really hated the fact that Asher didn't get to finish his show as he was doing great. And Punk was doing great with Redemption.

bearkg88
09-13-2012, 04:16 PM
So figured I'd post here. As most of you can guess, efedding(ICW) got to much. Im not having personal problems, my girlfriend hasnt broken up with me TTC, it just came down to a matter of when I sat down to write for Glory Days, I wasn't motivated, at all. Hell, I love writing promos. I loved being Punk and Orton and Divine, and while I did take a 24 hr sabbatical of silence to clear my head, I never said I wanted to drop any of those guys. i just have no interest in continuing on as an efed owner. It sucks your creative, it sucks your time, and it sucks your patience. While I would have loved for ICW to go out with a bang of a PPV, I just didn't see the point. Maybe that was wrong of me, but again, I just wasn't motivated for writing it. I'll also reiterate, that I love writing for Punk/Orton/Divine, and am totally willing to go on as them if you guys want me. Yes, I removed myself from the EWN group, and cut ties with people on FB, but that wasn't because I was trying to cut myself from EWN. I enjoy EWN. It gives me something to do while I'm at work running machines. Someone from EWN commented on a status or a picture, and I just found it odd, someone who only knows me from this aspect, would be touching on my personal life, so I thought it would be best to cut those proverbial ties. I don't plan on leaving EWN.

Torphy
09-13-2012, 04:27 PM
Alright, after a little encouragement, i've been told to come forward with an idea for a fed, and so here it is. I'm not saying i'm definitely gonna do this btw, it'd take a lot of planning and work.

E-Wrestling News League

The premise for this e-fed is going to be a little be different to what is usually seen as the norm, in terms of EWN anyway. For the first 3 months, the fed will be run in a league format similar to the BFG series, IE each wrestling match will be contested for points. The more points you have, the higher your league position. The higher your league position at the end of the season, the more likely your chances are of fighting for a title belt when the fed transitions into a more convention fed. Everyone will fight an equal amount of matches, the amount of matches is dependant upon how many wrestlers we have. Newcomers will not be permitted once the league begins, but will be once the season ends.

IE The top four in the league will then fight it out for the World Title, positions 5-8 will fight it out for a Mid Card title. The format of these matches would be decided under a public vote.

Once the fed reaches the end of the league format, and we have our first champions, we will then look to establish more lengthy and meaningful storylines and feuds, as well as branch out into tag team wrestling and showcasing PPV quality shows. The league format will be temporary and will not be repeated once it has run its course, it is simply a way for the creative team to decide where everybody stands within the roster.

As stated, points will be awarded for match wins, points will be split for a tie or no-contest. Promo quality and level of IC activity will help to determine how big of a push up the ladder your character will receive. Points will be deducted for DQ losses, drama and lateness of promos and/or not handing in a promo when requested to. There is no form of relegation, if you end up at the bottom of the league you will not be kicked from the fed. Wins and Losses will be appointed as fairly as possible, no one will lose every match and no one will win every match, expect your character to lose and expect me not to care if you cry about it. But suffice to say, the better your promo, the more likely you are to win, so put the effort in!

EWNL will be for CAW wrestlers only, with new and existing characters welcome, guest appearances for those not in the league will be permitted but will hold no bearing on the league. More wrestlers will be permitted to join once the league format had ended. Below is a summary of all the above and the rules of EWNL.

Summary

-EWNL will begin as a point structured ladder with the most successful at the top, and the least at the bottom.
-Points awarded for winning, exceptional promo and IC work. YOu will have a higher chance to win a match with a good promo.
-Points deducted for DQ losses, late promos or lack of a requested promo and OOC drama.
-Top 4 league members at the end of the year will fight it out for the EWNL World Title.
-Positions 5-8 will fight it out for the EWNL Mid Card Title.
-The league will last for 3 months, at which point we will have our champions, and storylines and feuds will begin properly, as well as tag teams and PPVs.
-The fed will consist of CAW wrestlers only.
-Unestablished and Established characters will be welcome to join before or after the league phase. Guest appearances would also be available.
-Fairness will be the utmost concern of the creative team, you WILL lose, but you WILL also win.
-The Show thread will be used exclusively by creative, the Discussion thread is open to each and every member of EWN as long as you adhere to the code of conduct of these forums.

Schedule

The format of the fed will be to put out weekly shows, the day will be confirmed once a creative team has been established. Each two weeks there will be a creative rotation, meaning one creative member will take full control of the fed for 2 weeks and then pass the torch to another and so on, this is to prevent burn out. Promos requests will be issued every friday to give ample time to fulfil obligations, no excuses.

Once the league is ended weekly shows will continue to be held on the same day, PPVs will happen every five weeks, with creative taking a week break after each PPV.

magglis
09-13-2012, 04:32 PM
Torphy that sounds a really good idea man and very organised

Shaz11
09-13-2012, 04:33 PM
Alright, after a little encouragement, i've been told to come forward with an idea for a fed, and so here it is. I'm not saying i'm definitely gonna do this btw, it'd take a lot of planning and work.

E-Wrestling News League

The premise for this e-fed is going to be a little be different to what is usually seen as the norm, in terms of EWN anyway. For the first 3 months, the fed will be run in a league format similar to the BFG series, IE each wrestling match will be contested for points. The more points you have, the higher your league position. The higher your league position at the end of the season, the more likely your chances are of fighting for a title belt when the fed transitions into a more convention fed. Everyone will fight an equal amount of matches, the amount of matches is dependant upon how many wrestlers we have. Newcomers will not be permitted once the league begins, but will be once the season ends.

IE The top four in the league will then fight it out for the World Title, positions 5-8 will fight it out for a Mid Card title. The format of these matches would be decided under a public vote.

Once the fed reaches the end of the league format, and we have our first champions, we will then look to establish more lengthy and meaningful storylines and feuds, as well as branch out into tag team wrestling and showcasing PPV quality shows. The league format will be temporary and will not be repeated once it has run its course, it is simply a way for the creative team to decide where everybody stands within the roster.

As stated, points will be awarded for match wins, points will be split for a tie or no-contest. Promo quality and level of IC activity will help to determine how big of a push up the ladder your character will receive. Points will be deducted for DQ losses, drama and lateness of promos and/or not handing in a promo when requested to. There is no form of relegation, if you end up at the bottom of the league you will not be kicked from the fed. Wins and Losses will be appointed as fairly as possible, no one will lose every match and no one will win every match, expect your character to lose and expect me not to care if you cry about it. But suffice to say, the better your promo, the more likely you are to win, so put the effort in!

EWNL will be for CAW wrestlers only, under the strict guidelines that no established characters may be used, guest appearances will be permitted but will hold no bearing on the league. Established wrestlers will be permitted to join once the league format had ended. Below is a summary of all the above and the rules of EWNL.

Summary

-EWNL will begin as a point structured ladder with the most successful at the top, and the least at the bottom.
-Points awarded for winning, exceptional promo and IC work. YOu will have a higher chance to win a match with a good promo.
-Points deducted for DQ losses, late promos or lack of a requested promo and OOC drama.
-Top 4 league members at the end of the year will fight it out for the EWNL World Title.
-Positions 5-8 will fight it out for the EWNL Mid Card Title.
-The league will last for 3 months, at which point we will have our champions, and storylines and feuds will begin properly, as well as tag teams and PPVs.
-The fed will consist of CAW wrestlers only.
-Only unestablished characters may enter the league, but established characters may request a guest appearance and will be permitted to join at the end of the league season.
-Fairness will be the utmost concern of the creative team, you WILL lose, but you WILL also win.
-The Show thread will be used exclusively by creative, the Discussion thread is open to each and every member of EWN as long as you adhere to the code of conduct of these forums.

Schedule

The format of the fed will be to put out weekly shows, the day will be confirmed once a creative team has been established. Each two weeks there will be a creative rotation, meaning one creative member will take full control of the fed for 2 weeks and then pass the torch to another and so on, this is to prevent burn out. Promos requests will be issued every friday to give ample time to fulfil obligations, no excuses.

Once the league is ended weekly shows will continue to be held on the same day, PPVs will happen every five weeks, with creative taking a week break after each PPV.

If anyone is willing to do this, count Shaz in.

magglis
09-13-2012, 04:35 PM
If anyone is willing to do this, count Shaz in.
And Angelo

NiallF96
09-13-2012, 04:58 PM
My guy Chris diamond, count him in please :)

wrestlingfan66513
09-13-2012, 05:22 PM
lol he said unestablished CAWs for the first part. But I had a brand new guy planned for ICW's second show I'd like to try out

magglis
09-13-2012, 05:26 PM
lol he said unestablished CAWs for the first part. But I had a brand new guy planned for ICW's second show I'd like to try out
Ok then count Magglis in

Rated_R(ob)KO
09-13-2012, 05:30 PM
I was thinking about taking SBW from the btb section and reviving it as an actual e-fed. I would have to get a few people to be on creative though. I'd do the overall direction of the company with creative members taking the load with myself. If it could fly and anyone wants to do it, hit me up and we'll get it in.

Torphy
09-13-2012, 05:45 PM
I was thinking about taking SBW from the btb section and reviving it as an actual e-fed. I would have to get a few people to be on creative though. I'd do the overall direction of the company with creative members taking the load with myself. If it could fly and anyone wants to do it, hit me up and we'll get it in.

I'd prefer this, i'm not sure if I could handle the day to day runnings of an efed, well I know I could but I don't know if I want to. So yeah if anyone else wants to start up a fed then i'll keep mine stored away if ever needed in future.

VanHooliganX
09-13-2012, 06:13 PM
I easily think that the roster and creative minds behind a new EFed would come easy. But committed creative/writers may not so maybe it's just now a case of finding a few good peeps to become creative writers :)

TTC
09-13-2012, 06:27 PM
How about IWF. IWF maybe?

Torphy
09-13-2012, 06:29 PM
How about IWF. IWF maybe?

I dunno bro, I think people are looking for something new.

On another note, if I do decide to go ahead with my idea, I have decided that allowing existing and established characters join the league phase would be fine. I wouldn't want to exclude anyone from joining anyway.

TheJosephBanks
09-13-2012, 07:25 PM
If either idea gets started, Kaige is in. :3

KJ PUNK
09-14-2012, 12:01 AM
Yeah, the writing is the parts that get ya. I LOOOOOVED writing Redemption. I hated waiting on assholes to give me shitty promos. I loved coming up with storylines and working with great writers (I'm looking at you Rehmix, Eddie and Jose). The rest of it sucked ass.

TheDevilsAdvocate
09-14-2012, 01:13 AM
Why not support JBW and EWNCW? Focus on existing feds, add on to them, build up the history. Jabe and EWNCW are packed to the brim with exclusive talents that you may or may not have been given the chance to face in other feds. I believe that the entire time those other feds were around JBW and EWNCW were over looked by HALF of the fedders and these two fed giants have been pumping out shows since 2010/2011. Kash, Dubs, Hawkes, MattElder, Tommy Thunder, Eboy, Torphy, Straights, Jman, Jose, Zappho, and RomanFlare deserve a long over-due pat on the back for their hard work and contributions. Now the other feds closed down and I am sad that it happened. I think we should just naturally give Jabe and EWNCW another good run and have side shows for both of the feds like how the WWE has RAW, NXT, SD!, Saturday Slam, and Main Event while TNA has iMPACT! and Xplosion.

It's better to have a full meal instead of it being partial'ed out into tiny pieces.

Kashdinero
09-14-2012, 01:38 AM
Why not support JBW and EWNCW? Focus on existing feds, add on to them, build up the history. Jabe and EWNCW are packed to the brim with exclusive talents that you may or may not have been given the chance to face in other feds. I believe that the entire time those other feds were around JBW and EWNCW were over looked by HALF of the fedders and these two fed giants have been pumping out shows since 2010/2011. Kash, Dubs, Hawkes, MattElder, Tommy Thunder, Eboy, Torphy, Straights, Jman, Jose, Zappho, and RomanFlare deserve a long over-due pat on the back for their hard work and contributions. Now the other feds closed down and I am sad that it happened. I think we should just naturally give Jabe and EWNCW another good run and have side shows for both of the feds like how the WWE has RAW, NXT, SD!, Saturday Slam, and Main Event while TNA has iMPACT! and Xplosion.

It's better to have a full meal instead of it being partial'ed out into tiny pieces.

Basically this..

Not everyone can be the bossman ;)

Shining Light
09-14-2012, 02:11 AM

To be fair like, I think some people feel that they will be overlooked to the "established" efedders when joinin a fed such as JBW and EWNCW. I'm not speaking for myself here, but sometimes people prefer an Indy fed to practice and get a feel of efedding before joining the bigger feds

Torphy
09-14-2012, 02:15 AM

This is an idea I could get behind as well, I can see the need for a third 'Big' fed though, a lot of guys on here are afraid they would be lost in the shuffle in Jabe or E-Dub, and I think that was the appeal of HWA and ICW (as well as quality). Agree with Kash though, not everyone can be the boss, takes a bit of a thick skin and tolerance (something I can be short on sometimes), so my fed idea is going to be placed on hold unless it becomes clear that a new fed is NEEDED, I strongly recommend giving JBW and EWNCW a chance before rushing into something else. Both creative teams seem to be working very hard to whip their shows back into shape, so lets see how that goes!

To reiterate, if there are enough people that express to me clearly that EWNCW and JBW are not for them right now, I will refine my idea and try and get some help with it.

TheDevilsAdvocate
09-14-2012, 02:53 AM
To be fair like, I think some people feel that they will be overlooked to the "established" efedders when joinin a fed such as JBW and EWNCW. I'm not speaking for myself here, but sometimes people prefer an Indy fed to practice and get a feel of efedding before joining the bigger feds

I liked the idea of having Indy feds. That was the unique way that some fedders took on their climb to what they considered the big leagues. As for people getting lost in the shuffle? JBW and EWNCW have a show or shows that are targeted at those kind of people. If you push your character and yourself then you will make it in JBW and EWNCW. IMO and I may have this wrong, but these are some shows that I view with a Indy eye (I am not mentioning defunct feds)

-Showdown(JBW)

-Mayhem(JBW, basically the Smackdown!)

-Octane (JBW)

-RAGE (EWNCW)

They have that special feel and atmosphere to them, and I think that new people could flourish on one of those shows. If another fed did emerge then there would be no objections since there are basically only three feds now. It's an open playing field.

This is an idea I could get behind as well, I can see the need for a third 'Big' fed though, a lot of guys on here are afraid they would be lost in the shuffle in Jabe or E-Dub, and I think that was the appeal of HWA and ICW (as well as quality). Agree with Kash though, not everyone can be the boss, takes a bit of a thick skin and tolerance (something I can be short on sometimes), so my fed idea is going to be placed on hold unless it becomes clear that a new fed is NEEDED, I strongly recommend giving JBW and EWNCW a chance before rushing into something else. Both creative teams seem to be working very hard to whip their shows back into shape, so lets see how that goes!

To reiterate, if there are enough people that express to me clearly that EWNCW and JBW are not for them right now, I will refine my idea and try and get some help with it.

I understand this might be the case. If all the fedders band together in support of this idea then I guess it will have to be done. I'm just concerned about people over-doing themselves when they are connected to other feds at the same time, and whether or not this new fed can acquire new fedders too like ICW did with flying colors.

Torphy
09-14-2012, 03:05 AM
I understand this might be the case. If all the fedders band together in support of this idea then I guess it will have to be done. I'm just concerned about people over-doing themselves when they are connected to other feds at the same time, and whether or not this new fed can acquire new fedders too like ICW did with flying colors.

That's one issue that makes me reluctant to just say 'Hey, fuck it!', interest is one of of the things that makes or breaks most feds, if you don't have it, you don't have a fed. Over extension as well is something that worries me, I see guys already in the other 3 feds that exist (I'm gonna class TWE as EWNCW for the purposes of this discussion). Suffice to say my idea did rely on having at least 12 people initially for the league (I wasn't going to have a character), and that itself may have proven difficult to acquire when you actually realise there's really only about 30 active fedders on EWN these days as well as about 15 others who flit in and out.

I think you can attribute ICW's success to a couple of things, quality of shows and likability of the guy running the show. That's why people flocked to it (in my opinion), any new fed (if one is indeed needed) would have to draw upon the same qualities or just not get off the ground.

Poot-Hair
09-14-2012, 07:32 AM
I agree with TDA about strenghtening our existing feds. We had preached for too long that there were too many feds spreading members too thin and honestly it had begun to show itself.

We are now down to the 'big 3' in feds. Why not let us all concentrate on making these three the best on the web? If there is a feeling that there is too many people and not enough shows to allow adequate time, then why not create a new show instead of a whole new fed? I don't forsee this being a problem with EWNCW's merger with TWE and the whole plethora of show types JBW has but it's an idea.

magglis
09-14-2012, 07:35 AM
I believe that a new different e-fed will be a great idea

TTC
09-14-2012, 07:40 AM
We should really have a poll. Who is with me?

Torphy
09-14-2012, 07:59 AM
I agree with TDA about strenghtening our existing feds. We had preached for too long that there were too many feds spreading members too thin and honestly it had begun to show itself.

We are now down to the 'big 3' in feds. Why not let us all concentrate on making these three the best on the web? If there is a feeling that there is too many people and not enough shows to allow adequate time, then why not create a new show instead of a whole new fed? I don't forsee this being a problem with EWNCW's merger with TWE and the whole plethora of show types JBW has but it's an idea.

Where i've already stated that I agree with strengthening the existing feds in principle, practically I believe some people don't see it as the answer. Starting from scratch in a fed that already possesses very established characters can be quite difficult at first, where I am an advocate of starting from the bottom and working your way up, some guys may not see the light at the end of the tunnel if their characters begin to be fed to Main Eventers for example. A new fed (not necessarily a big fed) gives new and existing guys alike a chance to work outside of the shadows of others, a chance to demonstrate that they can hold the spotlight too.

That's only one side of the argument though, and I see strengths in developing new characters around the established ones too. Ideas can be shared, story lines can become intertwined and all of a sudden a new character is being given a shot at picking up a pretty big scalp, which in itself can catapult someone up the ranks.

One more thing I would say before a decision is made by anyone looking to make a new fed is this. JBW and EWNCW are at the moment going through a period of change, what level of change that is i'm not privy to however I would expect that they are going to become a little more consistent, however with that said I don't think adding a new show would help this one bit. What i've seen of WWE so far is very positive, and knowing the creative team there i'm certain they will go from strength to strength.

So in summary, there are arguments for and against a new fed being created. The old argument that adding a new fed could in effect weaken the fedding scene around is still valid, though not as much as it was back when 3 new feds popped up at once, a new fed could also strength the scene if successful and create a little more competition. JBW and EWNCW aren't putting out a great number of shows at the moment, that will change, but perhaps in the mean time the answer should be to set up a new fed, just to clear the cobwebs and give the fedding section the kick up the arse it needs.

BennyTheBall
09-14-2012, 08:09 AM

^^That there is exactly how I feel.^^

I'm giving it a go in TWE (after being told that I had to go there before EWNCW), and I'm still waiting for a response from JBW. I'm more than happy to keep waiting for my time and to keep working hard at it, but I would like to see another efed.

If it does happen, then I would like to be part of it. Mr. Smyth may not be an 'established' character, but he was a strong one. I'd also wouldn't mind helping out creatively.

TTC
09-14-2012, 08:30 AM
I'm telling you guys. We need a poll. Should I make it.

Torphy
09-14-2012, 08:35 AM
I'm telling you guys. We need a poll. Should I make it.

Hold back on that for a bit, discussion is the best way to go for now I think, it's all a bit 50/50 with good arguments on both sides.

magglis
09-14-2012, 09:12 AM
Hold back on that for a bit, discussion is the best way to go for now I think, it's all a bit 50/50 with good arguments on both sides.
What i see is that people want to join a new e-fed.JBW and EWNCW can get bigger but guys like Shining Light, Mr Smith.Brock Edwards or me we prefer an Indy e-fed to make our characters stronger and better

TTC
09-14-2012, 09:15 AM
What i see is that people want to join a new e-fed.JBW and EWNCW can get bigger but guys like Shining Light, Mr Smith.Brock Edwards or me we prefer an Indy e-fed to make our characters stronger and better

^^^ This.

I want to try out Brock in the indies, before I feel good on him.

Torphy
09-14-2012, 09:21 AM
Well, VHX started this discussion I say it would be fitting for him to have the final say on whether a poll is needed, so see what he says, and if a poll is started then i'll set one up with clear arguments for both sides.

wrestlingfan66513
09-14-2012, 09:22 AM
I think another smaller efed would work and I am down with it. I did have a new character I wanted to try and smaller efeds are a good place for those kind of tests.

The Tyndall Effect
09-14-2012, 09:39 AM
Damian Eddings and the Homeboys are curious, whilst Hrafn and Nathan St. John may or may not ever see the light of day again... indy e-fed idea is intriguing.

Rated_R(ob)KO
09-14-2012, 09:39 AM
I am currently in the process of trying to figure something out. If anything comes of it... you guys may hear news today. May...

No_1eddiefan
09-14-2012, 10:17 AM

You realise Shining Light is a former JBW World Champion? His character is pretty strong.

Rated_R(ob)KO
09-14-2012, 10:34 AM
You realise Shining Light is a former JBW SHOWDOWN! World Champion? His character is pretty strong.

Fixed it. But yeah, he's deffo a strong character.

magglis
09-14-2012, 10:38 AM
I didn't know that my bad

Shining Light
09-14-2012, 10:39 AM
I didn't know that my bad

Its fine mate :) my reign wasn't that memorable haha

No_1eddiefan
09-14-2012, 10:44 AM

ShowDown, Mayhem, WARfare- still remains that he was a World Champion in JBW ;)

magglis
09-14-2012, 10:59 AM
Its fine mate :) my reign wasn't that memorable haha
No its not that.I wasn't part of the e-feds at that point of time

chunkkynutzzz
09-14-2012, 11:23 AM
I say pull the trigger and make an Indy fed , it starts with a few , so cards would be great and I think enough people will sign up quickly.

But who would be interested in being Creative , I would like to take part in ideas ..I just need to see who's coming to sit at the table

Torphy
09-14-2012, 11:37 AM
I say pull the trigger and make an Indy fed , it starts with a few , so cards would be great and I think enough people will sign up quickly.

But who would be interested in being Creative , I would like to take part in ideas ..I just need to see who's coming to sit at the table

I believe someone is working on putting a new fed out as we speak, have no fear i'm sure it'll be up and running shortly :D

TTC
09-14-2012, 11:41 AM
I will be willing to do creative work one more time.

The Tyndall Effect
09-14-2012, 11:44 AM
I will be willing to do creative work one more time.
My response:

Torphy
09-14-2012, 11:45 AM
My response:

What's with the Treebeard jokes today? I didn't start it.. >.>

The Tyndall Effect
09-14-2012, 11:46 AM
What's with the Treebeard jokes today? I didn't start it.. >.>
What, have more been posted today? I haven't noticed... I'm just messing with TTC cuz it's fun.

TTC
09-14-2012, 11:54 AM
Why don't we have a TNA fed? /shrugs

Torphy
09-14-2012, 11:56 AM
Why don't we have a TNA fed? /shrugs

Because TNA wrestlers are allowed in the WWE fed :P

TTC
09-14-2012, 11:59 AM
Because TNA wrestlers are allowed in the WWE fed :P

And TNA ain't established enough.

Torphy
09-14-2012, 12:00 PM
And TNA ain't established enough.

Nah it's just more the point why should you have the same fed under a different name kinda thing. It wouldn't get off the ground I don't think.

TTC
09-14-2012, 12:02 PM
Nah it's just more the point why should you have the same fed under a different name kinda thing. It wouldn't get off the ground I don't think.

Very true. And I was only kidding. However, I thnk having One More Mat... I mean Fed would be nice.

Torphy
09-14-2012, 12:04 PM
Very true. And I was only kidding. However, I thnk having One More Mat... I mean Fed would be nice.

Yeah, you know what we should do? Dragons Den. Set up a panel of 4 fedders to decide who has the best new idea for a fed :P

TTC
09-14-2012, 12:16 PM
Yeah, you know what we should do? Dragons Den. Set up a panel of 4 fedders to decide who has the best new idea for a fed :P

That sounds like an awesome idea. Then those 4 fedders are the creative members who ever wins?

Torphy
09-14-2012, 12:18 PM
That sounds like an awesome idea. Then those 4 fedders are the creative members who ever wins?

Nah i was just playin', in all honesty if there's anyone who thinks they can run a fed just go for it, but make sure that a) you understand that it's a big commitment, and b) it's gonna need a lot of planning.

TTC
09-14-2012, 12:21 PM
Nah i was just playin', in all honesty if there's anyone who thinks they can run a fed just go for it, but make sure that a) you understand that it's a big commitment, and b) it's gonna need a lot of planning.

I remember when I did IWF I was that stressed out due to not having anything else to do atm. Now, I still feel the same. However, there needs to be 3 or 4 guys running the fed. All working and sharing the load equally among one anothers.

chunkkynutzzz
09-14-2012, 01:22 PM
Yeah and who ever gets together chooses the name for the fed

If I had time I would create VCW..Very Chunkky Wrestling, but I don't have time to write

TTC
09-14-2012, 03:03 PM
I really want to make a poll for this situtation.

Tommy Thunder
09-14-2012, 04:57 PM

I have always been of the opinion that there's no need for another fed on EWN. All other forums out there (all of which are much larger than EWN) have only 1 (2 at most) e-Feds.
However, I really like this dragons den idea that Torph has suggested. Anyone who has an idea for a fed would present their idea to a panel and then those panelists could decide if it's an idea worth giving a shot to/an idea that would benefit EWN. An interesting idea.

TTC
09-14-2012, 05:02 PM
I have always been of the opinion that there's no need for another fed on EWN. All other forums out there (all of which are much larger than EWN) have only 1 (2 at most) e-Feds.
However, I really like this dragons den idea that Torph has suggested. Anyone who has an idea for a fed would present their idea to a panel and then those panelists could decide if it's an idea worth giving a shot to/an idea that would benefit EWN. An interesting idea.
I agree with the Dragons Den idea. It would be interested and probably be the best choice. But, I also think someone should pull the trigger on the new fed idea and see how it goes. I'm close to pulling, but don't know if I should.

Torphy
09-14-2012, 05:09 PM

Yeah, I mean I can see the merits of having a panel that can give opinions on new ideas for feds to see whether they would contribute something innovative or useful to the forums as a whole. It would have to be an elected panel though, 3-4 people who people trust to be objective. I do however think a new fed is needed, if only to replace ICW and HWA which ARE going to be missed, there's no way around that. There are a lot of displaced fedders from those two at the moment looking for a new place to crash, and fact is some of them don't want to go to the Big 2 for fear of being lost in the shuffle.

I've returned to EWNCW myself and have also taken a character to JBW, so i'm not referring to myself there, but I know there are guys out there who feel that way. From experience I know it can be daunting going into a big fed with a new character, I did it myself and did pretty well for myself in EWNCW and then HWA thanks to some great help from both creative teams, so it can be done, be sure of that.

So, yeah, I think EWN needs one more fed, something small at first to help newer fedders and characters settle in, but build on it if successful.

TTC
09-14-2012, 05:14 PM
Yeah, I mean I can see the merits of having a panel that can give opinions on new ideas for feds to see whether they would contribute something innovative or useful to the forums as a whole. It would have to be an elected panel though, 3-4 people who people trust to be objective. I do however think a new fed is needed, if only to replace ICW and HWA which ARE going to be missed, there's no way around that. There are a lot of displaced fedders from those two at the moment looking for a new place to crash, and fact is some of them don't want to go to the Big 2 for fear of being lost in the shuffle.

I've returned to EWNCW myself and have also taken a character to JBW, so i'm not referring to myself there, but I know there are guys out there who feel that way. From experience I know it can be daunting going into a big fed with a new character, I did it myself and did pretty well for myself in EWNCW and then HWA thanks to some great help from both creative teams, so it can be done, be sure of that.

So, yeah, I think EWN needs one more fed, something small at first to help newer fedders and characters settle in, but build on it if successful.
If we go with this idea then I say have Tommy, Kash, and a secret judge.

magglis
09-14-2012, 05:22 PM
I think with the mods approval we all can make another e-fed.You see i'm guy who likes to use one character only in an e-fed except WWE fed,that's different.I'm already a member of JBW and i have no intentions to join EWNCW,not because they are not good but because i want to be a part of smaller-indy fed and build my character there and make him better and stronger.I think we need a poll with a simple question on it.Do you want one more e-fed or not?

Yes or No

TTC
09-14-2012, 05:28 PM
I think with the mods approval we all can make another e-fed.You see i'm guy who likes to use one character only in an e-fed except WWE fed,that's different.I'm already a member of JBW and i have no intentions to join EWNCW,not because they are not good but because i want to be a part of smaller-indy fed and build my character there and make him better and stronger.I think we need a poll with a simple question on it.Do you want one more e-fed or not?

Yes or No
That's what I said...

VanHooliganX
09-14-2012, 05:30 PM
Well, VHX started this discussion I say it would be fitting for him to have the final say on whether a poll is needed, so see what he says, and if a poll is started then i'll set one up with clear arguments for both sides.

I'm game for a poll but it's looking like we'd have a good sized roster to make the EFed last. Just creative now me thinks.

TTC
09-14-2012, 05:32 PM
I'm game for a poll but it's looking like we'd have a good sized roster to make the EFed last. Just creative now me thinks.
Poll it is.

Torphy
09-14-2012, 05:34 PM
I'll set up the poll then :)

magglis
09-14-2012, 05:34 PM
I'll set up the poll then :)
Sounds good mate

Tommy Thunder
09-14-2012, 05:43 PM

IF JBW gets back to producing shows at a regular rate then I'd argue that another fed isn't needed. But of course, that's a big if.
Otherwise, I'd agree that a new smaller scale fed would be a good idea.

bearkg88
09-16-2012, 01:26 PM
So I know this was originally created to talk about a new fed, but I thought a cool idea would be to turn this into a place to talk about efedding in general. Out of character of course. You could bring up an idea for a character your thinking of to see what others think of it, talk about potential feuds, ect. So...I'll start.

Do you think as someone on creative or an owner of an efed, it's wrong for the owner/creative to push their own character if they are a good rper? That is the thing I struggled with in ICW. I knew Divine was grade a stuff, but I always felt akward if i ever thought about pushing him

TTC
09-16-2012, 01:36 PM
So I know this was originally created to talk about a new fed, but I thought a cool idea would be to turn this into a place to talk about efedding in general. Out of character of course. You could bring up an idea for a character your thinking of to see what others think of it, talk about potential feuds, ect. So...I'll start.

Do you think as someone on creative or an owner of an efed, it's wrong for the owner/creative to push their own character if they are a good rper? That is the thing I struggled with in ICW. I knew Divine was grade a stuff, but I always felt akward if i ever thought about pushing him
As creative, I think people should put their characters in a smaller scale. That way it would only be fair.

BennyTheBall
09-16-2012, 02:13 PM

I know exactly what you mean. I would also be very wary of pushing my own character. Probably be best to have someone else chime in on that if you feel that your guy/girl deserves a push.

No_1eddiefan
09-16-2012, 10:32 PM

Great idea.

On topic: I agree it's awkward. Having Juarez on Anarchy, I knew I was writing better heel promos that guys I was pushing ahead of him, and it annoyed me as I felt Juarez was being pushed to his full potential. Him being put on Havoc was the best move I ever made.

eyehatecena
09-16-2012, 10:50 PM
I did not mind writing matches for those that some of my guys were in(EWA) as I used them to get people over- every time- I abused the hell out of my guys. My main characters- Gruber and Muir- Robareid wrote those.

that said for our last show I wrote the Muir match and the Gruber match as it is our last show- whenever everybody else finishes it will be posted

Rated_R(ob)KO
09-17-2012, 01:37 AM
Its weird for sure. But my thing is, regardless of who created who, if a character deserves a push and people really like him... it shouldn't matter if the creative member writes for him or not. Take Ka$h for instance. Ma$$ has NEVER won a Heavyweight Championship and I personally think its because of that awkwardness but, we all feel that Ma$$ deserves to be Champion. Get what I mean? Ka$h is all about putting others over but is not wanting to put his guy over for how it looks. Yet EVERYONE thinks he needs to be Champion, like yesterday.

In some cases like that, it shouldn't matter who's writing for who. I would eventually like one of my characters to be a WHC somewhere. Do I want to write it? No. Will I if it feels right and right for SRW or anywhere else? Sure. General responses lets you know who people like and who they don't like. :)

HolyJose2391
09-17-2012, 07:52 AM
Its weird for sure. But my thing is, regardless of who created who, if a character deserves a push and people really like him... it shouldn't matter if the creative member writes for him or not. Take Ka$h for instance. Ma$$ has NEVER won a Heavyweight Championship and I personally think its because of that awkwardness but, we all feel that Ma$$ deserves to be Champion. Get what I mean? Ka$h is all about putting others over but is not wanting to put his guy over for how it looks. Yet EVERYONE thinks he needs to be Champion, like yesterday.

In some cases like that, it shouldn't matter who's writing for who. I would eventually like one of my characters to be a WHC somewhere. Do I want to write it? No. Will I if it feels right and right for SRW or anywhere else? Sure. General responses lets you know who people like and who they don't like. :)

Artemis for world champ!

Yeah I know the feeling. With HJ or Azrael I mainly kept them off of AWF or had them go up against Bots. Or Kevin Matthews ;)

It still felt weird hopefully, One day. HolyJose gets to the top somewhere

Asherdelampyr
09-17-2012, 08:14 AM
I took Shannon Frost out of Total Resistance primarily because I didn't feel right having a character in the show I was writing. I wanted to stop any possible hint of favoritism in the contest before it started, so I made sure to never actually have him in the contest :)

Of course that was a slightly different thing, since it was more a contest then a typical show. When it came to the "Show Writing" aspect, well you saw how much I pushed BB when I had my own show to do so (realistically I needed a good pair of enforcers, and I figured if I used my team it would be 1 less promo to wait for)

Should you push your own characters? I would say yes, if it makes sense, and here is one area where I think having multiple creative members who speak their minds can be a great asset, since they can give the needed case-by-case feedback required to keep one from getting too "Kevin Nash"

As far as specifically? Divine was a great character, and well used, as was Omega. Their pushes made perfect sense within the greater framework.

Asherdelampyr
09-17-2012, 08:22 AM
Since I wasn't able to get on the last couple of days:

My thoughts on a new fed.
Well, it already started, and it looks like it is going to be fairly large, straight from the gate. I know a lot of people are arguing for keeping the 3 that have essentially withstood the testing that the e-feds have seemed to do in the last few months. As for me? I like the idea, when I started looking for my first e-fed to join, I stayed away from EWNCW because it is so large that it was intimidating, and I stayed out of JBW honestly because they didn't seem to really be active. (Nothing personal towards either group) Now JBW should be seriously ramping up soon, so that won't be an issue, however it still leaves room for a 3rd CAW fed.

TheDevilsAdvocate
09-17-2012, 09:46 AM
Since I wasn't able to get on the last couple of days:

My thoughts on a new fed.
Well, it already started, and it looks like it is going to be fairly large, straight from the gate. I know a lot of people are arguing for keeping the 3 that have essentially withstood the testing that the e-feds have seemed to do in the last few months. As for me? I like the idea, when I started looking for my first e-fed to join, I stayed away from EWNCW because it is so large that it was intimidating, and I stayed out of JBW honestly because they didn't seem to really be active. (Nothing personal towards either group) Now JBW should be seriously ramping up soon, so that won't be an issue, however it still leaves room for a 3rd CAW fed.

We have had our slumps. JBW is trying to shape itself back up, because instead of shutting down when morale got low Jabe pushed forward in an optimistic fashion for its future. With the amount of creative members Jabe snatched up I can see it coming back in full force following Kingdom Come. I have loads of angles and matches written up just in case they are needed.

And my standing on the new fed was a tad bit negative at first, but I am slowly starting to see it as a positive. More people wanted it than I had originally thought. Hopefully R(ob) does well with his show because he is a very creative guy. He did a great job with Mayhem, and left an undying impression to my mind with his creative blogs.

eyehatecena
09-17-2012, 09:53 AM
like Asher said- i was the same way. When i started efeding i stayed away from the big two as i had no idea how things worked. I got my start in hwa thanks to broc- then ewa and then finally ewncw and jbw(well alpha rev/twe too- but i consider them part of ewncw now).

johnnydropkicks
09-17-2012, 11:59 AM
I just don't get why people don't just join JBW or EWNCW.

magglis
09-17-2012, 12:01 PM
I just don't get why people don't just join JBW or EWNCW.
For many reasons.If you read this thread's previous posts you will understand

eyehatecena
09-17-2012, 12:41 PM
i am glad to be in the big two as creative are great in both of them. Same with Twe. In any efed you will have to work your way up in the ranks. The smaller indy feds are great too as the rosters are a little smaller and not as many established stars. Gives you a little more time to grow and try things out. I did not include the wwe efed as that one is unique and is awesome too

johnnydropkicks
09-17-2012, 04:29 PM
After reading all the posts in this thread I see that the main issue was with ladder climbing and show length. Now, I've long held that show length is a real problem for feds but I have never seen anyone mention that.

It's all moot now as apparently the new fed is started but in the case of the new fed do you think that it won't create its own developer-groups and influential characters quickly? then where do the new people go? do they make a new '4th' efed? and then we're good there?

I have long held show length is a real problem for efeds but I don't see anyone mention that not even once. As for me I don't think it's better to make a new fed. I think that EWNCW and JBW should have one more show that has a talent pool that draws from both EWNCW and JBW. and this show should have certain points that make it better for new guys.

the show's pushes should be either completely democratic or random. don't like where your character's push is at? back home to EWNCW or JBW and enjoy your character's position there.

there should be by-the-character-length limits on promos and writing. this makes it easier on writers and doesn't take all of their time up on this new show. the show should be kept simple and short and sweet and nice and tight. that way they don't take forever to read with their larger number of feuds and each feud is more important.

also I just wanna say that the only reason I never joined JBW (well more recently anyway) was because I wasn't ready to commit all the time to reading all the new fed's shows. I've had two characters in mind but won't pull the trigger because I'm not prepared to put in the necessary effort for them. If I did take on a second fed I'd go to either JBW or one of the text ones.

ObscureRessurection
09-17-2012, 08:50 PM
After reading all the posts in this thread I see that the main issue was with ladder climbing and show length. Now, I've long held that show length is a real problem for feds but I have never seen anyone mention that.

It's all moot now as apparently the new fed is started but in the case of the new fed do you think that it won't create its own developer-groups and influential characters quickly? then where do the new people go? do they make a new '4th' efed? and then we're good there?

I have long held show length is a real problem for efeds but I don't see anyone mention that not even once. As for me I don't think it's better to make a new fed. I think that EWNCW and JBW should have one more show that has a talent pool that draws from both EWNCW and JBW. and this show should have certain points that make it better for new guys.

the show's pushes should be either completely democratic or random. don't like where your character's push is at? back home to EWNCW or JBW and enjoy your character's position there.

there should be by-the-character-length limits on promos and writing. this makes it easier on writers and doesn't take all of their time up on this new show. the show should be kept simple and short and sweet and nice and tight. that way they don't take forever to read with their larger number of feuds and each feud is more important.

also I just wanna say that the only reason I never joined JBW (well more recently anyway) was because I wasn't ready to commit all the time to reading all the new fed's shows. I've had two characters in mind but won't pull the trigger because I'm not prepared to put in the necessary effort for them. If I did take on a second fed I'd go to either JBW or one of the text ones.

From what I have seen the fully text written ones are GONE. I have been reading all of the shows since they all came into fruition and I saw just what happened when all of these feds came out. Fed fanatics, specifically the newcomers, will always strive for a new show to be created just so they could get over easily. I have read both of Ewncw and Jbw's shows from word to word and I really see nobody failing to get over. I have seen new debuters getting praised more than the older, more established guys. I personally have no problem with the length of the shows because you feel fulfilled after reading the entire thing. The thing that these creative writers are seemingly trying to get across to you readers is that it is to make you feel like you had just watched/read a legitimately sufficient show.

The new fed is already here so objections would be meaningless in the long run. You did however make a great fact about how a new fed will eventually sprout up after this new one becomes too big. With everyone straying away from the /big two/ it is shortening the life of those two by a long shot. If you pay attention their threads are barely active like it used to be and when it is you only see 5 or so talents keeping it going. Is that considered big? Not really. New talents could take advantage of that and hype their characters for upcoming events. The show itself might be packed but remember that when you believe in what you do you will succeed. Be a rebel and take the tough route. If I was one of the new guys flinging my character into a show for the first time then I would be motivated by the competition.

The constant argument being brought up in this thread is about being stand ins for already established efedders. If you think about it you will be doing it regardless since established talent are already putting their creations into other feds. No matter what you will be forced to out do yourself for the cause of getting over. I also believe that efedders should not be limited. They have the right to be creative and I think the bigger promo writers are for those who have a lot to say. Since the match are apparently videos, the promos give the readers something to well... Read. And I am one of those few who enjoy reading lengthy stories. When I am not on forums like this or others reading the feds then I am on Fanfiction reading stories made by other people.

When reading a show, if it seems like too much, then just focus on your match or the names that really catch your eye. You do not have to read all of that but it would not hurt to put a little effort into your stuff anyways. I think the involvement of everyone is what makes a great show. If everyone in WWE felt like they needed a new fed when they felt they could not get over established guys then the shows the WWE puts out would be possibly 45 minutes long. You will always need stand ins. It is not because creative or whatever does not love you. It is just because they have nothing for you right now and you probably have not offered anything to the table. If you do a promo then send it in. If you want to do a segment then do a segment then send it in. It is the same issue the WWE is facing. Everyone is sitting on their hands waiting for stuff to be handed to them instead of standing up for themselves and creating the best thing anyone has ever seen. Not trying to be a ball buster or anything of that sort.

johnnydropkicks
09-18-2012, 06:27 PM
From what I have seen the fully text written ones are GONE. I have been reading all of the shows since they all came into fruition and I saw just what happened when all of these feds came out. Fed fanatics, specifically the newcomers, will always strive for a new show to be created just so they could get over easily. I have read both of Ewncw and Jbw's shows from word to word and I really see nobody failing to get over. I have seen new debuters getting praised more than the older, more established guys. I personally have no problem with the length of the shows because you feel fulfilled after reading the entire thing. The thing that these creative writers are seemingly trying to get across to you readers is that it is to make you feel like you had just watched/read a legitimately sufficient show.

The new fed is already here so objections would be meaningless in the long run. You did however make a great fact about how a new fed will eventually sprout up after this new one becomes too big. With everyone straying away from the /big two/ it is shortening the life of those two by a long shot. If you pay attention their threads are barely active like it used to be and when it is you only see 5 or so talents keeping it going. Is that considered big? Not really. New talents could take advantage of that and hype their characters for upcoming events. The show itself might be packed but remember that when you believe in what you do you will succeed. Be a rebel and take the tough route. If I was one of the new guys flinging my character into a show for the first time then I would be motivated by the competition.

The constant argument being brought up in this thread is about being stand ins for already established efedders. If you think about it you will be doing it regardless since established talent are already putting their creations into other feds. No matter what you will be forced to out do yourself for the cause of getting over. I also believe that efedders should not be limited. They have the right to be creative and I think the bigger promo writers are for those who have a lot to say. Since the match are apparently videos, the promos give the readers something to well... Read. And I am one of those few who enjoy reading lengthy stories. When I am not on forums like this or others reading the feds then I am on Fanfiction reading stories made by other people.

When reading a show, if it seems like too much, then just focus on your match or the names that really catch your eye. You do not have to read all of that but it would not hurt to put a little effort into your stuff anyways. I think the involvement of everyone is what makes a great show. If everyone in WWE felt like they needed a new fed when they felt they could not get over established guys then the shows the WWE puts out would be possibly 45 minutes long. You will always need stand ins. It is not because creative or whatever does not love you. It is just because they have nothing for you right now and you probably have not offered anything to the table. If you do a promo then send it in. If you want to do a segment then do a segment then send it in. It is the same issue the WWE is facing. Everyone is sitting on their hands waiting for stuff to be handed to them instead of standing up for themselves and creating the best thing anyone has ever seen. Not trying to be a ball buster or anything of that sort.

I wouldn't say that it's about limiting people so much as much keeping things manageable. besides when people have certain limits and rules somtimes it can forces them to be more creative. say what they want with less other stuff. do more with less. alot of times you can have guys write oceans for promos. when I personally am in a sequence with 3 or 4 other guys I try and keep it short cause I know there is a lot of promo coming.

and I read the shows word for word. I don't like to skim them because anything less is an insult to the writers. but reading them word for word isn't easy sometimes especially when you have guys who write these insanely huge promos and also sometimes you have feuds that for some reason aren't on your radar.