PDA

View Full Version : Should John Cena and Randy Orton be on different shows?

TheMadThinker
11-20-2010, 01:36 AM
It appears that Cena and Orton are currently the biggest draws in WWE. Would it make more sense to put one on Smackdown and the other on RAW?

It seems like RAW is so Cena and Orton centric that some of the developing talent is being kept down. If WWE split them up creative would be forced to develop other programs outside of Cena and Orton, plus individually they could help get other talent over.

I am sure WWE fears lower ratings on RAW if they were to move one of them, but I think part of their ratings issue is due to how stagnant the title picture is right now. At any given time on RAW you know Cena or Orton will either be the champion or number one contender.

I imagine ego figures into this as well since Smackdown is WWE’s tier two program Cena or Orton would probably consider it a demotion.

Another thing to throw out is: where will HHH go when he comes back? I doubt very seriously if he will go to Smackdown? How can RAW have all three of these major draws on one program and hope to move other talent up into the world title picture?

willos19991
11-20-2010, 02:02 AM
hey is it possible that if cena is fire his only fire from raw and now it means that he can go to smackdown, or is he fire from all things related to the wwe

AndyWonder
11-20-2010, 01:26 PM
Good idea but not until after Wrestlemania.

Scottland
11-20-2010, 02:22 PM
I would agree moving Orton or Cena to Smackdown & have the other stay on RAW. Clearly they are the biggest draws. The only thing to factor into this is the demographic department because Orton draws in the 18-35 while Cena draws in 5-17. But I would agree though putting one of them on Smackdown would be smart let alone gives Smackdown a big boost.

Also, just to note. Many within WWE don't feel Smackdown is the #2 show & now, that Smackdown is on a NBC program (SyFy) WWE has stated that it will put the same level of interest put into as RAW. I mean WWE did a split with it's two bigs before with Rock & Austin. Austin on RAW & Rock on Smackdown & I can tell you Smackdown was NO second tier program by any means.

CMhuw24
11-21-2010, 02:10 AM
Well if that does happen the one they put on SD wil look weeker than the one on Raw...
Maybe they want them both to be on the same brand so they feud for a couple of years as both faces of company then have a huge match at wm 30 or something :)

IPEEINTHESHOWER
11-21-2010, 02:22 AM
Orton draws in the 18-35 males and I think he is a sexy beast and I wouldnt throw him out of bed for eating crackers

WOW Scottland, I didnt know you felt that way. I feel the http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSV2Yu2L3bBGQy70XFzO3Iq4Sc5M55C9 fvUziC_epwgaczmusqq from here.

SilverGhost
11-21-2010, 02:38 AM
WOW Scottland, I didnt know you felt that way. I feel the http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSV2Yu2L3bBGQy70XFzO3Iq4Sc5M55C9 fvUziC_epwgaczmusqq from here.

LOL just keep attacking him with Orton huh?

Scottland
11-21-2010, 02:46 AM

IPITS you have reached a NEW LOW. I mean you are going to such measures as re-working my own quotes? Dude, you are one sad & pathetic individual. I pity the fool such as you.

U MAD???