PDA

View Full Version : TNA Talk (Disappointed? No. Excited? No.)

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
09-10-2012, 09:23 AM
After No Surrender went off the air last night my initial reaction was ...meh. I was not disappointed by anything but there was a few things that did not thrill me either going forward to BFG.

- Jeff Hardy winning the BFG Series
There is already a thread going on about this, so I will keep my comments short. Bully Ray deserved the win but Hardy has also climbed a huge mountain to get himself back to the top. I could have done with the injury angle if it was less severe.

AA v Hardy is really a toss up and definitely a top-PPV quality match. At least with both of them are hurt so there will be no excuses.

Positive note: Excited that will we get Storm v Roode. Match of the night right here.

- A&8s
Not sure how this one will be scored in the prediction contests since it was not a match. Everyone is complaining that it is taking too long to unmask them and I won't disagree. However, TNA is making revenge the primary force behind this storyline and unmasking second so I can see why they are waiting for BFG. Hopefully we see A&8 beat the shit out of Team TNA but get unmasked in the process.

- Samoa Joe
Always been a favorite of mine and would have loved to see him win the BFG series. The thing I am on the fense about is his tweener status. (side note: when did he get his own match lighting?) I don't want him to see him be shaking hands; I want a dominate, pissed off, Samoan Submission Machine.

If he goes into a card with Magnus, this won't happen.

This is just one man's opinion. Any TNA "...MEH" moments for you last night?

My projected BFG Card
Street Fight for a Contract
Joey Ryan v Al Snow

Tag Team Championship Match
Kaz and Daniels (c) v The Robbies v LAX 3.7 (Chavo and Super Mex)

X-Division Championship Match
Jesse Sorrenson v Zem Ion (c)

Burying the Feud
Bobby Roode v James Storm

Hardcore Elimination Tag
Aces and Eights v RVD, Anderson, Bully Ray, Sting, Hogan

X-Division #1 Contenders Match
Kenny King v Sonjay v Rubix v Silva

KO Championship Match
Awesome Kong v Tessmacher (c)

*Kong was release 3 months to the day before BFG :)

Grudge Match
Samoa Joe v Magnus

Proof that Angle can wrestle a mop Match
Kurt Angle v King Mo

TNA Heavyweight Championship
Jeff Hardy v Austin Aries (c)

#BITW
09-10-2012, 09:39 AM
meh moments were 3 matches ending in rollups... way too many and its cheap entertainment to the crowd.

Also I thought bully ray should of won, not that hardy vs aries wont be a good match. I just was behind bully in the BFG and thought he deserved to win.

As well as aries vs the aces & eights guy. How do we know when this thing was over? How could aries not see an interference coming?

Overall, I was not disappointed but it was not exactly a 5 star ppv either

Mr. Ziggles
09-10-2012, 10:04 AM
To me the result of the BFG series has set up quite a lot of stuff for BFG:

Hardy VS Aires

Roode VS Storm

Joe VS Magnus

Bully is almost guaranteed to be involved in aces and eights now as there is nothing else really for him to do, unless they make Hardy Aires a 3-way, so it isn't face VS Face.

That's three possibly four major matches/angles for their biggest show. Remember the whole purpose really of this PPV is to hype and set up BFG, like WWE and elimination Chamber.

AlexWorldOrder
09-10-2012, 11:05 AM
I was thinking that Jeff didn't deserve it, but the place erupts every time he hits the stage. Jeff has been doing some amazing storytelling, I mean, if you make a DVD of his journey throughout Immortal to now, you just wouldn't believe it. TNA has been pleasing smarks wayy too much lately, and they need to just stop and think about the company. Putting the belt on Jeff is the best thing they could do in my opinion.

Aries is my current favorite wrestler, but he should be involved in a couple of more feuds for development.

As far as Bully goes.. I jus have to say.. I was one of the few people that actually thought he was going to be successful as the Bully Ray character while most of the moronic IWC laughed and thought TNA were wasting TV time with him. Well, look at him now. I do believe he deserved his shot, but we JUST had an Aries/Bully feud.. Besides, it seems like he is working into fitting the Aces & Eights storyline right now.

Mr. Ziggles
09-10-2012, 11:13 AM
one thing that made me facepalm earlier was my own stupidity.

Aces and eights are a biker gang, and Bully Ray wears a Biker gang style attire...

http://guy.com/a/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/BullyRayLookingPissed.jpg

http://euro.mediotiempo.com/media/2012/08/11/aces-and-eights_1.jpg

I'm not saying he is one of the masked people because that would just be stupid, but i also find it funny that the only time Aces and Eights messed up was when they were attacking Bully Ray.

So yeah if I was a betting man my money would be on Bully been a major part in aces and eights.

AlexWorldOrder
09-10-2012, 12:36 PM
one thing that made me facepalm earlier was my own stupidity.

Aces and eights are a biker gang, and Bully Ray wears a Biker gang style attire...

http://guy.com/a/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/BullyRayLookingPissed.jpg

http://euro.mediotiempo.com/media/2012/08/11/aces-and-eights_1.jpg

I'm not saying he is one of the masked people because that would just be stupid, but i also find it funny that the only time Aces and Eights messed up was when they were attacking Bully Ray.

So yeah if I was a betting man my money would be on Bully been a major part in aces and eights.
Yea, I've been thinking it since the beginning cuz of the biker gear, but what actually made me think more about was him getting out there and showing how much he "cared" for the company every time they arrived.

I still want JJ to be behind it.

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
09-10-2012, 01:16 PM
Yea, I've been thinking it since the beginning cuz of the biker gear, but what actually made me think more about was him getting out there and showing how much he "cared" for the company every time they arrived.

I still want JJ to be behind it.

It does seem like he's there after everything happens.

Last night after Hardy got hurt he was screaming for help. When AA got KOed by the "Flapjack" (it's actually slapjack) he was there screaming for help. When they almost broke AA's arm, he was the first in the ring.

We may have an angle here...

#BITW
09-10-2012, 01:43 PM
It does seem like he's there after everything happens.

Last night after Hardy got hurt he was screaming for help. When AA got KOed by the "Flapjack" (it's actually slapjack) he was there screaming for help. When they almost broke AA's arm, he was the first in the ring.

We may have an angle here...
and he was scared of what joseph park found out... and did he really ever get beat up? I cannot quite remember.

AlexWorldOrder
09-10-2012, 02:03 PM
I was honestly disappointed to not see Bully Ray win, but all of this just plays out perfectly with what they're doing.

alcrissam
09-10-2012, 02:23 PM
I did not buy no surrender last night... can someone please explain what happened when "bobby roode got arrested"

#BITW
09-10-2012, 02:26 PM
I did not buy no surrender last night... can someone please explain what happened when "bobby roode got arrested"
bobby roode smashed storm over the head with a beer bottle then pulled bully ray on top of him to get the pin. The scene afterwards was 4 police officers taking roode away to "jail" as of hogans request but then storm attacked roode on his way out of the building with the cops and there was a short backstage brawl. then they took both of them away out separate doors

alcrissam
09-10-2012, 03:04 PM
bobby roode smashed storm over the head with a beer bottle then pulled bully ray on top of him to get the pin. The scene afterwards was 4 police officers taking roode away to "jail" as of hogans request but then storm attacked roode on his way out of the building with the cops and there was a short backstage brawl. then they took both of them away out separate doors
So what your telling me is: It is illegal to interrupt matches now? Damn. :confused:

#BITW
09-10-2012, 03:06 PM
So what your telling me is: It is illegal to interrupt matches now? Damn. :confused:
I guess so xD I didn't get it either but I guess the way hogan saw it was that he ruined the semi-finals and assaulted another wrestler. ah well, it sets up for storm vs roode at bfg anywho

alcrissam
09-10-2012, 03:18 PM
I guess so xD I didn't get it either but I guess the way hogan saw it was that he ruined the semi-finals and assaulted another wrestler. ah well, it sets up for storm vs roode at bfg anywho
Which is what we all expected since 7 months ago (minus the title.) But hey, its going to be a grudge match, and hopefully they beat the hell out of eachother.

Cabers
09-10-2012, 03:24 PM
The PPV plain sucked. They made Bully Ray look shit by getting beat by Hardy. Aces & Eights did almost nothing all night and as already mentioned 3 roll up victorys there was only 8 matches ffs!!

Slivon
09-10-2012, 03:25 PM
So why has Aces & Eights not been arrested yet. And we have they been let into Universal Studios only to cause trouble.

lolcheelol
09-10-2012, 03:39 PM
bully made a insanely good promo...then gets crushed by a 1 armed hardy.

the ppv had way to many roll ups as people have mentioned. 2 alcoholic drinks being used to win matches, come on, a little creativity :P

Cynicism
09-10-2012, 04:31 PM
How much do the rest of the BFG series wrestlers suck if Bully Ray can get into the finals and then lose to a one armed Hardy?

#BITW
09-10-2012, 04:35 PM
So why has Aces & Eights not been arrested yet. And we have they been let into Universal Studios only to cause trouble.
thats the funny part lol shows how fake the angle is

AlexWorldOrder
09-10-2012, 04:59 PM
thats the funny part lol shows how fake the angle is
Cuz in Hogan's eyes, arresting them is the cowardly way of dealing with them, BROTHER!

#BITW
09-10-2012, 05:33 PM
Cuz in Hogan's eyes, arresting them is the cowardly way of dealing with them, BROTHER!
so getting police to protect his talent is being a coward? thats the problem with this invasion angles

AlexWorldOrder
09-10-2012, 07:22 PM
so getting police to protect his talent is being a coward? thats the problem with this invasion angles
None of them are asking for protection... They're all claiming they want to fight. If Hogan were to say, "I'm calling the police to protect all of you from these thugs" they'll just be like "FUCK THE COPS WE WANNA FIGHT! Blah blah TNA blah blah"

#BITW
09-10-2012, 07:25 PM
None of them are asking for protection... They're all claiming they want to fight. If Hogan were to say, "I'm calling the police to protect all of you from these thugs" they'll just be like "FUCK THE COPS WE WANNA FIGHT! Blah blah TNA blah blah"
they wanna fight supposed to be non wrestlers? moreso the attacks are assault so simple as arresting them alll... the whole non security involvement shows how fake these angles are

Rockstar83
09-10-2012, 08:21 PM

I didn't understand that either, Roode got arrested because he "Costed" Storm to main event BFG? This is why TNA doesnt make seance at all.

RedDevilSativa
09-10-2012, 09:25 PM
that was only my second tna ppv i watched and it was ok even tho some of it just really didnt make sense like bully ray losing to a one armed guy whos half his size makes him look weak. and ive been really enjoying aces and 8s storyline but that went downhill last night

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
09-10-2012, 09:44 PM
that was only my second tna ppv i watched and it was ok even tho some of it just really didnt make sense like bully ray losing to a one armed guy whos half his size makes him look weak. and ive been really enjoying aces and 8s storyline but that went downhill last night

This was their worst PPV in the last 4-5 months.

kersh
09-11-2012, 07:42 AM
This was their worst PPV in the last 4-5 months.

and yet we are all still saying it was still ok.
i think this shows that TNA have turned a corner and improved greatly in the past 4/5months..........when did russo please?

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
09-12-2012, 11:12 AM
and yet we are all still saying it was still ok.
i think this shows that TNA have turned a corner and improved greatly in the past 4/5months..........when did russo please?

Somewhere between 5-6 months ago?

>checks Wikipedia

February so 7 months ago.

akbar
09-12-2012, 05:11 PM
The fuck? Lol

Tara is virtually wearing a string that's been sucked in by her arse.

Cabers
09-13-2012, 01:01 PM
The fuck? Lol

Tara is virtually wearing a string that's been sucked in by her arse.

I am failing to see why your complaining?

lol