PDA

View Full Version : Triple H.... Is his time gone???

Ruggy
08-30-2010, 04:28 PM
Don't get me wrong, in his time, he has made a very good name for himself. For what this man lacked in in-ring ability, he made a great name in promos and getting his views and persona across to the public. But for all of this.... This man was in fact a very, VERY bad ring performer. Thankful for injuries we are lucky that we haven't had this man on our screens!!! Kliq aside, this man would probably now be working in a school near you. He fell on his feet and good luck to him. This is a man who single-handly dismantled many a career, not in anyway due to his beloved sledgehammer!!! He has kept many a good man back, but has kept my beloved William Regal on our screens... Triple H needs to go behind the sceens and stay there, that is my view...

Thanks,

Russ

Robstar
08-30-2010, 05:03 PM
Yeah there's no denying that you wouldn't pick HHH's moveset in Create A Wrestler part of Smackdown vs Raw, lol. This is a contentious issue and one well overdue for debate.

No doubt, Hunter is Vince's little puppet son-in-law/employee/tattletale who has manuevered himself into a pretty much solid position in WWE. No doubt, he is part of the 'system', the regime who decides ('Taker/Orton/Cena et al) who moves up, who goes and who stays. No doubt, William Regal is awesome and anyone who stands up for him is ok in my book.

But check it out - if you are looking for diverse, talented in ring performers - you won't find HHH among that group. But neither will you find people like Cena, 'Taker, Orton, Kane, Goldberg, Hogan or Nash there either. These particular performers (and I'm sure there's more) bought something else to the table - be it great mic and promo skills or be it an overall sense of menace and domination - WHATEVER - they all married their limited physical ability to one or more other skills. Like Cena; great on the mic, always works the crowd and yet still hated more than he ever was as a heel. Lmao. Kane; formerly silent and scary, now psycho bustin' the mic as World Heavyweight Champion. Hogan; what needs to be said there? It's all been said before. Even Rey Mysterio matches have become almost like watching Hogan's Hulk-Up/Punches/Clothesline/Legdrop routine-that-never-changes.

I'd be happy for HHH to work behind the scenes. One or two more injuries may put him there, but just as likely the missus will lay down the law first, lol. Once he's not competing, who knows, maybe he'll be a little more fair backstage. But I think he's got a way to go yet and I don't think his ego would let him step aside just yet.

Ruggy
08-30-2010, 05:13 PM
Thanks Rob, some good thoughts there. I'm my mind, there are only 2 people who deserve more title runs than Triple-H.... That is Ric Flair and Hulk Hogan. This "status" he is trying to impose on himself is very lack-lustre and very undeserving.

The Hipster
08-30-2010, 05:59 PM
HHH is not done. However, I do agree that most of the older guys' stuff is easily called on how they are going to perform. It's a formal though, the crowd wants to see the pedigree, 619, tombstone, etc. They want the setups and that's usually when the biggest pops come.

*BRET_THM_HART*
08-30-2010, 06:10 PM
Thanks Rob, some good thoughts there. I'm my mind, there are only 2 people who deserve more title runs than Triple-H.... That is Ric Flair and Hulk Hogan. This "status" he is trying to impose on himself is very lack-lustre and very undeserving.

You Must be a big mark if you think Triple H deserves all those title runs.

i agree abuot Hogan and Flair, but tbh, his gotting those shots of you know what reason. i can name you soo many wrestlers who deserve more then him.

but to you orginal post, his getting old, he wont be able do long matches unless others make the work easy for him, and i too belive he should atleast now stick to the backroom.

Verdammung
08-30-2010, 06:19 PM
Triple H is/was World Champion Material, but 13 World Championships are far too many title runs that suggests that the WWE changes the title too often and too often does it go to Trips. I don't think it's time for him to retire yet, and I'd rather see him put over than Cena, but he's just another guy in the WWE who needs to learn to put over people, preferably those who don't kiss ass to get it (Sheamus).

Robstar
08-30-2010, 06:21 PM
I'm sure Steph wants to keep him in the "frontroom" lol.

jman
08-30-2010, 06:46 PM
no defo not the fact he gets more cheers or boo's than 95% of other performers says it all. would like to see him and taker start putting over more people would be a good thing and make good tv i remember the HHH n jeff hardy feud and i think it helped jeff alot

Toecutter
08-30-2010, 06:55 PM
This sentence:

"This man was in fact a very, VERY bad ring performer."

...made me not even want to bother reading the rest of this post.

Can you tell me what makes him a "bad" ring performer? What could you possibly know about it besides what you're told to believe?

Rated_PG13
08-30-2010, 07:23 PM
^^ Exactly. I kept reading these posts thinking to myself, why do these people consider H to be a bad wrestler? Guy was/still is better than most anything they have now. I'd put HHH over anyone in the "pure wrestling" category, as rated by the IWC. I mean, sure - Kofi, Bourne, etc can wrestle, but they aren't The Game.

So I'm a mark for thinking HHH is a top wrestler? Pfft...you don't know what you're talking about. You can't lace his jock and you're saying he's a bad wrestler.

I continued reading for entertainment. I for one hope H comes back better than ever and runs roughshot over the roster. Him vs Sheamus would be a money match, IMO.

eyehatecena
08-30-2010, 10:08 PM
Yeah, even though I am not a big fan of HHH, but in no way would I say he is bad in the ring- he is better than most on the roster now. He is great on the mic though the DX stuff was lame the last time around. I would love to see him come back and put some other up and coming talent over. And then, much later, if he needs to have another few title reigns to stroke his ego- so be it.

Tha Crows Nest
08-30-2010, 11:16 PM
HHH may not be the best Technical wrestler but he knows how to work a match, he knows how to build some of the most intence fueds in the history of the WWE, and he has good mic skills and a good look and a good sence of the business. Dont get me wrong I dont think anyone should pass Ric for 16 title runs but thats just how it works if you are on the top that long I mean look at Cena I hate Cena but he is at 10 and he still has plent of time left. I'm sure that Orton will hit a very high mark also when he is done(already at 6 and currently is poised to get plenty more). So I think HHH still has a couple more years left now I do think that should include putting young stars over but what you dont realize is that HHH has put stars over and when he does they become stars. Think of Orton, Batista, Sheamus I mean it is not a long list but HHH self made these guys by putting them over. Cena helped with Sheamus but you guys get the point.

Robstar
08-30-2010, 11:44 PM
Gee, some of you guys - sensitive much? For the record, I never said HHH had lousy in-ring work, but I did say he has a limited set of moves he relies on. How anyone can deny that is beyond me.

But seriously - one guy puts his opinion up here - which is all it is, HIS OPINION - and you're on him faster than a Four Horseman run-in!! For crying out loud, does everyone who comes to this site have to be dissing Cena or hating on whatever the hell it is that is your flavour of the month? Is this site going to turn into one of these "boys-club-bitchfest's", where noone is allowed to have an opinion that differs? Because if you want that sort of thing, then WWE should be right up your alley, because, lo and behold - that's how they run things there!

AGEOFFALL
08-31-2010, 02:17 AM
I can't see him returning and winning the title and me believing that he is still deserves to be top dog.

Ruggy
08-31-2010, 05:46 PM
OK... the point I was trying to get across was the fact that there is no way he is deserving of the amount of title runs he has had. True enough, the title changes hands all the time, but this is due to the amount of TV time WWE has. I don't think Tripper is a legend. Only Hogan, Flair, Undertaker, Hart, Michaels and a few others surely deserve that??

PunkIsDead
08-31-2010, 06:08 PM
He had an amazing run, now he should be focusing on his family.

Mr Perfect
08-31-2010, 07:03 PM
He had an amazing run, now he should be focusing on his family.

Agree, but I doubt he retires. At least not yet.. I feel like he has 2-3 more years left in him. Maybe even longer depending on health and family status. I can't wait till he comes back and hopefully he's heel. And we never ever ever ever ever ever see D-X again(At least HBK's & HHH's verison)...

eyehatecena
08-31-2010, 09:52 PM
HHH even put over Cena at Wrestlemania of all places. He is good for bussineess no matter how many titles he gets. Like I said, I do not really care for him but he has given back to the bussiness intead of just taking advantage of his relationship with the family that runs WWE. He gets to have the title sometimes, but the main thing is putting others over instead of just hogging the spotlight like Hogan.

the game
10-23-2010, 12:09 AM
I have followed hhh for years,going back to wcw,his first wrestlemania he was putting the ultimate warrior over,,and we all know how bad he was in the ring,but for most ov u having a pop at him is quite sad,his move set is second to none,face buster,spin buster and pedigree to name a few,he should overtake flairs tittle haul,why not,he is the game,he will be back better than ever and will be champion again,,,,,just my opinion peeps

Rich Cranium
10-24-2010, 05:46 PM
he obviously doesn't need the money with the new job title

Bodom
10-24-2010, 05:47 PM
he obviously doesn't need the money with the new job title

I doubt he needs the money period.

NecroButcher187
10-24-2010, 05:55 PM
I don't see the Tripster being done by a long shot. I believe HHH is just enjoying his family right now, resting his body to come back and surpass Ric Flair's 16-time World Champion record. He's only 3 away from tying, 4 from breaking it & knowing the pompousness that is HHH, he wants that record BAD. After this extended layoff he physically should be the best he's been in at least 5 years. (SN: Counting Flair's AWA run, he actually has 23 World title reigns...)

Daniel Wilkinson
10-24-2010, 09:06 PM
When HHH comes back for the Celtic Warrior in the next few weeks, the venue will rock, in my opinion RAW needs HHH back as some of the Mic work from the lead guys is pretty average, though i don't normally tip my hat towards Cena his Mic work to Nexus pre HIAC was actually quite funny.