PDA

View Full Version : Rampage interested in Joining WWE!

Rich Cranium
11-19-2010, 06:42 PM
I know there was a thread about a possible MMA fighter hoping to join WWE once he retires from MMA. Everyone seems to lean towards Chuck Lidell. I said I thought it was Rampage and now the man himself is stating he would love to join WWE once his fighting days are finished. The only thing he doesn't want is the heavy travel but is willing to make short engagements due his having a family. What are your thoughts?

Robstar
11-19-2010, 08:32 PM
You make some good points. I'd heard it might be Chuck but doubted he'd be much good at crossing over as he is a stand up banging style fighter. I also have to question Rampage's athleticism with regard to 'rasslin. Not saying he couldn't do it but he would need extensive guidance in taking bumps and selling.

One thing however - I see Rampage as more likely than most to maybe one day go, "I don't care what they're paying me, I don't like this guy and I'm gonna shoot on him". As long as he could control his temper, he'd more than likely be an asset.

I still say the guy most likely is Tito Ortiz.

SilverGhost
11-19-2010, 08:38 PM
Rampage would be great in the WWE. The man CAN talk and that is natural to him. Wrestling....hmm....I say give him a few moves and you have something there.

SilverGhost
11-20-2010, 12:59 AM
Tito Ortiz isn't a bad call either.

Kashdinero
11-20-2010, 06:52 AM
Character wise Rampage would be an excellent addition to the WWE roster due to his wild personality. But I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say he'd probably be pretty shit in the ring.... Not that matters much in WWE.

I could see him working a match similar to mayweather v big show at mania, but that's as far as it goes IMO. Wrestling can't be picked up just like that and at this stage in his life I can't see why he'd want to beat his body up. Surely he doesn't need the money.... Saying that, I'd really like to see it happen.