PDA

View Full Version : The direction of icw

bearkg88
09-07-2012, 05:32 PM
So if uve been paying attention to icw you would have seen I stepped away from efedding. I stated the reason I stepped away is because it wasn't fun and I was burnt out, that's the truth. Thinking of interesting angles, and feuds was easy, but being creative enough to write finishes for 8 to 10 matches a week was burning me out. So here is what I'm presenting a few options.

I stay away and the new people who have decided to step up keep going with it

Change the format to using videos for results with little to no writing after each match

Using extreme warfare revenge to generate written results for each match

Using ewr to generate results for each match except for main event matches that would be hand written

I'm going to let the people of eWN vote and see what the general consensus is

BennyTheBall
09-07-2012, 05:35 PM
EWR + written main event matches.

VanHooliganX
09-07-2012, 05:37 PM
So if uve been paying attention to icw you would have seen I stepped away from efedding. I stated the reason I stepped away is because it wasn't fun and I was burnt out, that's the truth. Thinking of interesting angles, and feuds was easy, but being creative enough to write finishes for 8 to 10 matches a week was burning me out. So here is what I'm presenting a few options.

I stay away and the new people who have decided to step up keep going with it

Change the format to using videos for results with little to no writing after each match

Using extreme warfare revenge to generate written results for each match

Using ewr to generate results for each match except for main event matches that would be hand written

I'm going to let the people of eWN vote and see what the general consensus is

Bolded = my answer.

I think it's a good solution personally.

Vandarius
09-07-2012, 05:38 PM
Using ewr to generate results and hand write main events

I will gladly help you write main event matches bro, anything to keep ICW alive and well

Torphy
09-07-2012, 05:42 PM
EWR and Written Main Events :)

bearkg88
09-07-2012, 05:43 PM
Interesting to see who wants me to stay away. Part of me wonders if i had made the votes public if they would have voted that way

Shaz11
09-07-2012, 05:43 PM
EWR and the written main events!

Asherdelampyr
09-07-2012, 05:48 PM
Interesting to see who wants me to stay away. Part of me wonders if i had made the votes public if they would have voted that way

Yes I would have, and I will explain why

This is the second time in quite a short while that ICW has burned you out, last time you came back just this fast, and I think it helped lead to this. My vote is honestly for you to do the best thing for you and your budding family.

Take a vacation, relax, and come back better than ever.

thejman93
09-07-2012, 05:51 PM

This is the second time in quite a short while that ICW has burned you out, last time you came back just this fast, and I think it helped lead to this. My vote is honestly for you to do the best thing for you and your budding family.

This is a really, realy, really good point, Asher.

Bear, if you're burnt out, you're burnt out. I don't think anyone would blame you for stepping away.

No_1eddiefan
09-07-2012, 05:55 PM
I'm not so sure about this right now.

I agree with Asher, Bear has been burnt out by this twice and has been very inconsistent with decisions- leading me to maybe think ICW should either be new management or simply not anything at all- finishing at Glory Days.

Obviously I love ICW, it was my second fed after HWA and the whole reason I came up with Kyojin was for ICW. If Bear is to continue it onwards then I think he's gotta have help.

bearkg88
09-07-2012, 05:56 PM

Thank you Asher :D I'm glad to know how you feel. Honestly, doing 1 match a week isn't bad. Writing a match with the hand written finish normally takes me less than 30 minutes. So I get where you are coming from.

bearkg88
09-07-2012, 06:02 PM
This is a really, realy, really good point, Asher.

Bear, if you're burnt out, you're burnt out. I don't think anyone would blame you for stepping away.

I guess the best analogy I can think of is like this. You have a video game that you play over and over hour over hour and you love it. Over time though, you get sick of it. Once you just cut it back to maybe a half an hr a week of playing, you still enjoy it without getting sick of it. That's how I look at writing. i LOVE writing, and if all i had to do was 1 match a week, I could be happy with that, as 1 match only takes me less than a half hour to write

Destruction
09-07-2012, 06:05 PM
Yeah, I'm with Eddie and Asher on this one, and I voted that way. A break could do wonders for you bear IMO

BennyTheBall
09-07-2012, 06:10 PM
I guess the best analogy I can think of is like this. You have a video game that you play over and over hour over hour and you love it. Over time though, you get sick of it. Once you just cut it back to maybe a half an hr a week of playing, you still enjoy it without getting sick of it. That's how I look at writing. i LOVE writing, and if all i had to do was 1 match a week, I could be happy with that, as 1 match only takes me less than a half hour to write

Sounds like your decision was made before this poll started.

bearkg88
09-07-2012, 06:13 PM
Sounds like your decision was made before this poll started.

In a sense but no. If the consensus was that people wanted me to stay away, I would out of respect, as I don't like to cross people

magglis
09-07-2012, 06:30 PM
I voted option #4

eyehatecena
09-07-2012, 06:36 PM
Bear if you are burnt out you are burnt out. I agree with Asher, Ben and Eddie- you need a break- using the program will help and let someone write the one match for you- just give them direction. From personal experience a month break from writing matches does wonders. I got burned out from writing shows and stepped down. A month later, i am back writing matches- a lot less now(after the last ewa show will do work for JBW). A whole show takes too much out of you.

chunkkynutzzz
09-07-2012, 07:58 PM
I voted EwR+ written main event...

That should take a lot of weight off your shoulders

TheDevilsAdvocate
09-07-2012, 08:36 PM
A vacation would be your best option. I know what that feels like. You will feel better after you chillax for awhile. You don't want to lose your mind like I did. Lol. ~Went Daniel Bryan crazy~

HolyJose2391
09-07-2012, 09:37 PM
bear if you decided to do this again. You need to have a full on team for this. Not go at it alone. I know you've had help but have a full creative team for this if you do

KJ PUNK
09-08-2012, 12:00 AM
I won't vote because there are conditions to my votes.

I would like the EWR + the written main events, if you had a creative "team" (doesn't even have to be team, like just another guy or two) that you could bounce ideas off and step up write every now and then.

Otherwise, just leave it be and let it go. I know how much writing a show takes out of you and honestly, the writing wasn't the worst of it for me. It was waiting on assholes to get their promos in. That's the stress that gets you. I could have an entire show written in two hours (but of course, I was using vids) and it would be no problem.

But that's just the way I feel.

Yes2J
09-08-2012, 01:29 AM
I'm not familiar with these generators. As long as you could determine the winners based on who deserves pushes etc...then go for that. I honestly think if you're having trouble, just walk away. I wouldn't mind others carrying it on. I will not be offering to write anymore because school will take up a large portion of my time currently. No offense of course bear, you've been doing a great (and actually, even better) job since you took it back so to speak.
I am always willing to write like one match with a predetermined outcome.
Maybe you could spread out the match assignments and we could (all, perhaps) pitch in to help save time for you.

Shining Light
09-08-2012, 09:06 AM
I've chosen the last option (Determined results and a hand - written main event) because after all, if Bear feels that the determined results don't suit his storylines, he can always change the name of the superstars who wins if you get what I mean?

I know I said I was going to take a break, but if ICW's staying, then I'm calling it off. The only reason I said it was because I felt that Shining had no where else to go if ICW closed, so I wanted to take a break and see if any other options arose.

I know I'm a hypocrite but #fuckdahaters :rolleyes:

VanHooliganX
09-08-2012, 10:08 AM
I've chosen the last option (Determined results and a hand - written main event) because after all, if Bear feels that the determined results don't suit his storylines, he can always change the name of the superstars who wins if you get what I mean?

I know I said I was going to take a break, but if ICW's staying, then I'm calling it off. The only reason I said it was because I felt that Shining had no where else to go if ICW closed, so I wanted to take a break and see if any other options arose.

I know I'm a hypocrite but #fuckdahaters :rolleyes:

I think that's understandable though. Plus, I'd like to keep you around in EFedding *hugs you and cries manly tears!* lol

I really do think that the final option is the best way to go.

I understand where Asher, Eddie and Ben are coming from when saying that but Bear enjoys writing. With this system he's only writing 1 full match.

I think if Bear can get 1 (or 2 if possible to help the other person out) person to start a second brand and half Bears roster. He won't have a massive work load, hopefully continue to enjoy writing and have 2 great brands because with the flood of new people that's a hell of a lot to write for otherwise.

scribbler_jones
09-08-2012, 01:35 PM

Sorry I'm late to the party again... couldn't really vote in the polls because (noob alert) I don't really know enough about the options to make an informed decision, but I wholeheartedly agree with the above. If you have some stuff to do or work out, Bear, please handle your business. I mean this in the most positive way possible. You have a life, and you only get one. That way, when you can, come back when and if you feel the time is right. I haven't seen as much of ICW as I would like, but I know you put in some great work :)

scribbler_jones
09-08-2012, 01:38 PM
I think that's understandable though. Plus, I'd like to keep you around in EFedding *hugs you and cries manly tears!* lol

I understand where Asher, Eddie and Ben are coming from when saying that but Bear enjoys writing. With this system he's only writing 1 full match.

I think if Bear can get 1 (or 2 if possible to help the other person out) person to start a second brand and half Bears roster. He won't have a massive work load, hopefully continue to enjoy writing and have 2 great brands because with the flood of new people that's a hell of a lot to write for otherwise.

Hmmm... revision to my last post: THIS is more of what I agree with! Again, you have a life to live... but, as cliche as this sounds, ICW is a part of it. Maybe not as big, but it's what you enjoy - maybe even love. Van pretty much said what I should have said lol

Asherdelampyr
09-08-2012, 03:13 PM
Seems that a 5th option was chosen, and the one I would have selected had it been an option here.
Bear, I hope that this works out as a much easier load to carry, God knows I don't have it in me to run a fed, but you picked a good person to help you out, and I think ICW is only going to get better and better from here.

eyehatecena
09-08-2012, 09:31 PM

*as soon as Van finishes hugging Shining, I politely push Van away and also give Shining a manly hug, lol*

VanHooliganX
09-08-2012, 09:55 PM
*as soon as Van finishes hugging Shining, I politely push Van away and also give Shining a manly hug, lol*

*sells the push like Ziggler getting RKO'd*
Gah!

eyehatecena
09-08-2012, 10:16 PM
*sells the push like Ziggler getting RKO'd*
Gah!

If you would have pushed me back I would have sold it like Heath Slater eating that JBL clothesline.

CricketTragic
09-09-2012, 12:21 AM
If you would have pushed me back I would have sold it like Heath Slater eating that JBL clothesline.

That was a great sell