PDA

View Full Version : Winter - Gone

TheJosephBanks
09-06-2012, 01:58 PM
According to LOP, Winter has left TNA.

Katrina Waters, known as Winter in TNA Wrestling, has parted ways with the organization.

According to K-Waters.net, her official fansite, Waters parted ways with the organization after her contract was not renewed. The website stated Thursday, "Just wanted to make an update and let everyone know Kat’s contract with TNA is officially up! Which means she is free to do DVDs, bookings, iPPVs, and whatever else! If interested please send emails to infamousbookings@hotmail.com."

Waters was expected to leave the promotion after she was advertised last month to appear on iPPV for Pro Wrestling Syndicate’s subsidiary female promotion, B.L.O.W. Wrestling, on October 11—event taking place at the Rahway Recreation Center in Rahway, New Jersey. Though contracted TNA Wrestling talent are permitted to appear for independent wrestling promotions, they are prohibited from appearing on shows which are broadcast.

Following her release from WWE on April 22, 2010, Waters debuted in TNA Wrestling in October of that year as Winter. During her first year in the promotion she managed to win both of the promotion's women's championships, teaming with Angelina Love to win the TNA Knockouts Tag Team Championship in December 2010 and winning the TNA Women's Knockout Championship in August 2011. However, her role was greatly deemphasized after Bruce Prichard took over the promotion's creative reins in October 2011 as she was sparingly used from that point forward. Her last televised appearance occurred five months ago on the April 6, 2012 episode of Impact Wrestling.

Waters is the third former TNA Women's Knockout Champion to leave the promotion this year, trailing Angelina Love and Velvet Sky.

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/tna/Another_Knockout_Parts_Ways_With_TNA_Wrestling_-_Contract_Not_Renewed.html

alcrissam
09-06-2012, 02:18 PM
Doesn't bother me, considering i haven't seen her in 4+ months. She just took up a roster spot. Plus, she was more entertaining as Katie Lee Burchill ^_^

Los Conquistador
09-06-2012, 05:47 PM
Doesn't bother me, considering i haven't seen her in 4+ months. She just took up a roster spot. Plus, she was more entertaining as Katie Lee Burchill ^_^

Incest = Entertaining
Who'da thunk it?

monctonvike
09-06-2012, 08:23 PM
a simple formality I'm afraid, as above mentioned she has not been on tv for a long time. In fact I am a fan of work . Yet she has not had a memorable match in tna, and her character didn't really work for me. I wish they had more time for the knockouts, an hour and forty minutes just isn't enough sometimes. Just wish they would have more knockouts on tv. The one thing they used to do better, than they do know is that they used to show case all of the divisions in a better way. However I will take the tna of today over 2010 any day

Darkside Ron Garvin
09-06-2012, 08:42 PM
This does not upset me in any form. Her stalker angle with Angelina was the talk of the town to many, but I personally did not like her. I don't think she brought anything special to the KO division other than having been in WWE for a few minutes of fame. The girl has talent, but I never thought she "fit" in the KO division. If anything, this comes as a "good" move that TNA has done in the division as of late. With the signing of Brooke, loss of Angelina and Velvet, this is one thing I personally feel that TNA has done right in the division in a long time... Now if only they could get rid of the KO Tag Belts, I'd say they were taking the division in the right direction.

Rockstar83
09-06-2012, 08:52 PM

agreed............................................ ...........

tupelojoe81
09-07-2012, 09:19 AM
I have fantasies about her.........there i said it. I like Katie Lea Burchill.

Bodom
09-07-2012, 09:25 AM
Incest = Entertaining
Who'da thunk it?

Are you referring to the incest angle that never happened?

Because yeah, that non-existent angle was totally entertaining bro.

Automatic
09-07-2012, 09:46 AM
Global warning.

Automatic
09-07-2012, 09:51 AM
I blame it.

Mckenzie
09-07-2012, 11:48 AM
That fact she is gone the reaction most people are gonna be is just indifferent to be honest. Though I hope she does great with her future plans. Never know maybe wwe again. Thats what Christian and Gail did. Go back and forth.

Cabers
09-07-2012, 01:59 PM
Loved her look and was hoping for more for her but she is probably better off now.

Lowki
09-07-2012, 04:47 PM
Are you referring to the incest angle that never happened?

Because yeah, that non-existent angle was totally entertaining bro.
Exactly. Let's all hate on an angle that never happened!

Winter; officially remembered for ruining Angelina Love's TNA career.

Darkside Ron Garvin
09-08-2012, 07:48 PM
Exactly. Let's all hate on an angle that never happened!

Winter; officially remembered for ruining Angelina Love's TNA career.

I don't blame Winter for ruining Angelina... I blame piss poor booking for the angle as a whole. It was annoying and uninteresting and one of the worst Ideas that I fully blame Russo for, simply because it had no direction to it other than Winter is a stalker and either that Winter uses Voodoo or is as great of a cult leader as Marshall Applewhite from Heaven's Gate. The story that was being told was what stalled Angelina's popularity at the time; not the lack of talent Winter, Vel Vel, or Angelina have.

Super_Dave
09-11-2012, 10:31 AM
What happened to Velvet Sky?

Automatic
09-11-2012, 10:36 AM
What happened to Velvet Sky?

Contract expired.

Poot-Hair
09-11-2012, 11:00 PM
The Paul and Katie "Incest" angle may not have ever technically happened but you'd be hard pressed to find anyone that didn't get the "freaky deaky sibling lovin'" vibe from Paul and Katie when they were out together. I mean the way just the way she groped at him after a match and stuff was down right suggestive.

09-15-2012, 07:35 AM
Winter is coming back in December.... eh, eh? ;)