PDA

View Full Version : The WWE Network *All Related Content HERE*

Pages : [1] 2

Bodom
11-19-2010, 10:17 AM
It's been talked a lot in interviews and conference calls lately. So apparently by 2011 WWE will begin considering and researching into creating their own Network.

Thoughts? What content would you like to see?

SilverGhost
11-19-2010, 10:31 AM
Their own network?

It would work....I would like to see the normal programming and wrestlings past.

Bodom
11-19-2010, 10:33 AM
Be great if they interview shows like in the 90's

And play back old episodes of AWA, WCW, ECW, etc...

They certainly have the library

SilverGhost
11-19-2010, 10:36 AM
Be great if they interview shows like in the 90's

And play back old episodes of AWA, WCW, ECW, etc...

They certainly have the library

They do. Years of material.

I say start the rewind of wrestling from its first televised match then onward. But thats me. I would say the matches from this time to the next time to the next time. 70s to the 80s lastly the 90s showing their best matches of the years.

Bodom
11-19-2010, 10:41 AM
They do. Years of material.

I say start the rewind of wrestling from its first televised match then onward. But thats me. I would say the matches from this time to the next time to the next time. 70s to the 80s lastly the 90s showing their best matches of the years.

Nah you can't just start from the very early days of wrestling and only play stuff from that time. It'd be boring IMO and wouldn't bring in a whole lot of viewers, obviously there would be people interested in that, but a fairly small Demographic. You need to mix it up for each of the Demographics

SilverGhost
11-19-2010, 10:48 AM
Nah you can't just start from the very early days of wrestling and only play stuff from that time. It'd be boring IMO and wouldn't bring in a whole lot of viewers, obviously there would be people interested in that, but a fairly small Demographic. You need to mix it up for each of the Demographics

Hmm....80s wrestling then 90s then 00s?

Bodom
11-19-2010, 10:52 AM
Hmm....80s wrestling then 90s then 00s?

Just a little bit here, then a little from there

marc
11-19-2010, 10:54 AM
Early wrestling "boring"? Four Horseman, the Blackjacks, the Funks, the Von Erichs...need I say more?

SilverGhost
11-19-2010, 10:56 AM
Early wrestling "boring"? Four Horseman, the Blackjacks, the Funks, the Von Erichs...need I say more?

Bodom is correct. Demographic man.

Kids don't know this. Only the ones that were the big names: Hogan....etc

Bodom
11-19-2010, 11:11 AM

Not everybody out there would enjoy it and not every match would have those guys involved.

JLeeDude1892
11-19-2010, 11:18 AM
In 2011 they're not going to be considering researching anything. In 2011 they're going to start up their own Network.

Bodom
11-19-2010, 11:21 AM
In 2011 they're not going to be considering researching anything. In 2011 they're going to start up their own Network.

Point me to an article where it's been confirmed or specifically states " The Network is starting on X date"

mr_tweek
11-19-2010, 11:30 AM
I think they could fill it easily with all their DVDs, WCW shows, Attitude era, WWE Films projects, in-depth interviews, and even bring in Tough Enough or other reality based shows. Possibly extend the time slot of Superstars to be it's own "wrestling only" show.

Rich Cranium
11-19-2010, 11:44 AM
Let me first say congrats to Bodom! This is the first time I have read a thread created by you. I think it would be cool for older fans but the younger generation are programmed for quick matches rather than the iron man matches of the old days where a bear hug or figure four leglock might go on for 5-10 minutes and I feel they might get bored quick.

drumgod
11-19-2010, 12:19 PM
Will this new network be rated PG????? If so - then I want nothing to do with it. All the GOOD wrestling took place in the Attitude era which was PG13..

vbirwin
11-19-2010, 12:25 PM
They can fill it but I don't know if I'd watch it. I think it might be cool for a little while but would lose it's novelty quickly.

Rassling_Fan
11-19-2010, 12:53 PM
I would totally order it. They have a ton of library to work with, and too boot they could show ECW and Attitude Era wrestling at late night.

xAzureSkye
11-19-2010, 01:25 PM
That would be great if they used old WWF Attitude Era material & had that certain show as TV-14 but they would need to try to hype it a lot so that the older fans will know that it aint PG & obviously watch it

Silverdust
11-19-2010, 01:26 PM
Will this new network be rated PG????? If so - then I want nothing to do with it. All the GOOD wrestling took place in the Attitude era which was PG13..

Would you still watch it if they aired attitude era with a tidbit fron the PG era?

SevenCagedTigers
11-19-2010, 02:31 PM
It's been talked a lot in interviews and conference calls lately. So apparently by 2011 WWE will begin considering and researching into creating their own Network.

Thoughts? What content would you like to see?

They could do lead-in shows. For example, show last week's RAW 2 hours prior to RAW airing live. Or even a one-hour recap of RAW and Smackdown prior to the shows airing on other networks, because they don't wanna sabotage their own ratings.

Also, provide scheduled hourly blocks. For example, 80's era weekdays at 5 pm. Attitude era weekdays at 6. You can reserve ECW for any hour past midnight. At 10 or 11 pm every night they could show one random entire PPV. I think tons of people would tune in if PPV's were shown nightly. The WWE has amassed enough in its library to where they wouldn't need any original programming, like Tough Enough and the like. Balls.

Robstar
11-19-2010, 02:36 PM
Yes, showing WHOLE old eps of the old feds would work. They could also show XFL games, old NXT episodes, WWECW, shitty WWE movies (because let's face it, where else are you going to see them?) and The Santino Show (which would save the network)

Bodom
11-19-2010, 02:44 PM
Yes, showing WHOLE old eps of the old feds would work. They could also show XFL games, old NXT episodes, WWECW, shitty WWE movies (because let's face it, where else are you going to see them?) and The Santino Show (which would save the network)

The Santino Show for the FUCKING WIN.

Robstar
11-19-2010, 02:49 PM
The Santino Show for the FUCKING WIN.

It would have to co star;
Mark Henry
Big Show
CM Punk
Chris Jericho
Goldust
Gail Kim

Bodom
11-19-2010, 02:50 PM
It would have to co star;
Mark Henry
Big Show
CM Punk
Chris Jericho
Goldust
Gail Kim

Don't forget Kozlov

PRETENDER
11-19-2010, 03:45 PM
I love the idea. and I'm sure it would work and be successul. They would have to make it accessable to all markets and cheap (if any cost). Imagine if some shows (or programs) would get higher ratings than Raw of Smackdown???

PRETENDER
11-19-2010, 03:52 PM
I beleive though that people are tended to spend more and more time on the web so maybe it would be cheaper to have it as a webTV based network. Create new shows and maybe made for TV movies with Superstars staring in them (like lets say a live action wwe superhero movie ala The Avengers with a team of heel wanting to rule the world vs a face team of superheros)
just thinking...

Bodom
11-19-2010, 03:54 PM
We don't know how many hits WWE's video series have done so we can only speculate.

Not a bad idea though.

CobraNightviper
11-19-2010, 08:20 PM
What if it does'nt even have anything to do with wrestling?

Robstar
11-19-2010, 08:40 PM
What if it does'nt even have anything to do with wrestling?

Yes there is that remote possibility, but tagging something with the WWE logo that is not wrestling related is the kiss of death, I reckon. And no way would they miss the possibilty for self promotion of their own product. The problem is they'll risk missing out on the exposure their shows get on other networks when people stumble on it or are too lazy to change the channel.

I think it would be awesome if WWE offered timeslots to TNA & ROH and maybe some other indy shows and conventions. Now we're talking!!! It would be a shot in the arm for the future of wrestling

the-rocks-stunner
11-19-2010, 09:07 PM
sadly they will air a new series of tough enough :(

Bodom
11-19-2010, 09:45 PM
Yes there is that remote possibility, but tagging something with the WWE logo that is not wrestling related is the kiss of death, I reckon. And no way would they miss the possibilty for self promotion of their own product. The problem is they'll risk missing out on the exposure their shows get on other networks when people stumble on it or are too lazy to change the channel.

I think it would be awesome if WWE offered timeslots to TNA & ROH and maybe some other indy shows and conventions. Now we're talking!!! It would be a shot in the arm for the future of wrestling

No. I don't want WWE any where NEAR ROH.

Robstar
11-19-2010, 10:17 PM
No. I don't want WWE any where NEAR ROH.

Think about how it would highlight the difference between the 2! Bods, I hope you aren't one of those fans who want something they like to stay small and less than successful as the could be, just so it can stay "yours"? True, the more a fed succeeds then the more history has shown us that they start to suck, but you gotta let that kid grow!
I'm not saying WWE should own a part or whatever, just admit they're there and share the stage

Bodom
11-19-2010, 10:22 PM
Think about how it would highlight the difference between the 2! Bods, I hope you aren't one of those fans who want something they like to stay small and less than successful as the could be, just so it can stay "yours"? True, the more a fed succeeds then the more history has shown us that they start to suck, but you gotta let that kid grow!
I'm not saying WWE should own a part or whatever, just admit they're there and share the stage

If WWE wants to air it, I can live with that.

But thats where I want the relationship to end.

TheMadThinker
03-11-2011, 02:51 AM
Vince McMahon has stated that he plans on launching a WWE Cable Network maybe as early as summer of 2011.

What type of programming would you like to see on WWE TV?

What types of nonwrestling programming do you think they should carry?

Outside of wrestling what kinds of shows would you like to see WWE superstars on?

Do you think a WWE network should stay true to wrestling or should it evolve like how MTV does not really show videos anymore or how History Channel has many shows that are not necessarily about history?

Do you have an original idea for a WWE network show?

ihearvoices
03-11-2011, 03:21 AM
I THink WWe Network Should Showcase Old WCW/WWE Match also having Shows like Tough Enough and NXt on it but they also Could put on the network FCW That could work out too. I mean anything could happen im just happy There is going to be a Channel Just for WWe

Leggo
03-11-2011, 03:44 AM
If this does happen, I think vince will see this as a massive marketing opportunity, and wweshop.com will be rammed down our necks. I hope that it has a similar layout to some of the football (soccer for those in us) channels we get in the uk. Interviews, past matches, charity work, behind the scenes and out of charactor footage.

It might even help with the guidance rating :- pg and then pg12 or 15 post watershed.

Would this channel be on a subscription?

welch421
03-11-2011, 04:48 AM
they shuld make the rating of the channel tv-14 so they can show Classic raw and Smackdown shows

Lowki
03-11-2011, 08:25 AM
They can show classic Smackdown shows because it has always been PG. Raw was only tv-14 between 1999 and 2005 and was only lifted from a PG rating due to the sexual nature in the show. They would have to watershed (after 9/10pm) any tv-14 shows but knowing WWE they'd cut/censor a lot of stuff. Blur out blood/cut benoit segments etc.

I'm guessing they want to air a lot more Vintage shows, Premiere their movies, make their own TV shows (one was planned with Phoenix/Santino and Kozlov). They could show Raw, smackdown, NXT, Tough enough on one single network and air it at a whatever time they wanted to maximise ratings.
I expect the network would have this;
Raw
Smackdown
NXT/Tough enough/another 3rd show
PPVs
Vintage
Classic Shows/PPVs
Repeats from previous few weeks
Superstars
Films
WWEs own TV Shows
Some kind of news thing with scott stanford
WWE specials on WWE superstars

I'd summize it would be that kind of thing.

cainecollin
03-11-2011, 08:43 AM
They could also do extra things such as the little segments like "Cutting Edge/Piper's Pit/etc" for little blocks to actually do some more storylines that they may not actually have time for during a regular show.

Tommy Thunder
03-11-2011, 09:04 AM
I expect that FCW and Tough Enough will be on the channel.
I seem to recall WWE wanting to do various programs with some superstars. I remember they had plans for a comedy type of show starring Santino, Beth Phoenix and Vladmir Kozlov. I also remember they had plans for a show starring Edge.
Interview segments like Pipper's pit could be cool too, and it would give us a chance to see guys like Pipper on tv more often.
The possibilities with this are endless, and I can't wait for it to happen!!

Rich Cranium
03-11-2011, 12:15 PM
Put all those On Demand specials on there!

PandaMassacre
03-11-2011, 12:24 PM
They should totally put Celebrity Deathmatch on there. I remember always watching it just before Monday Night Raw came on.

AceOfSpades
03-11-2011, 02:01 PM
i would like to see a roundtable with some WWE Legends talking about some up-and-comers and breaking down the matches tht person had. something like they have on the nfl network...like i would love to see Piper, JR, Arn Anderson, Ted DiBiase, Pat Patterson, and Shawn Michaels

Rich Cranium
03-11-2011, 02:14 PM
i would like to see a roundtable with some WWE Legends talking about some up-and-comers and breaking down the matches tht person had. something like they have on the nfl network...like i would love to see Piper, JR, Arn Anderson, Ted DiBiase, Pat Patterson, and Shawn Michaels

They actually have that already but yes, it should be part of this new network!

AceOfSpades
03-11-2011, 02:39 PM
They actually have that already but yes, it should be part of this new network!

i thought so but wasnt sure...but tht i think is the most important show they need on the network. imo

rko619
03-11-2011, 05:03 PM
on the channel there should be
wcw stuff
fcw
movies
all the shows
where are they now type shows with legends
tough enough
lots of old stuff
specials
tributes to legends
what happened after raw sd nxt
wwe reality tv shows

SaberToothTigerz
03-11-2011, 05:52 PM
im just gonna type 6 letters
fcw ftw

The New Guy
03-11-2011, 08:47 PM
im just gonna type 6 letters
fcw ftw

I don't think they will put FCW in the network
Alot of this kids are new to wrestling, make a lot of mistakes and their promos are bad
Besides it would spoil future storylines.
Remember when Santino came out from the crowd and win the IC title as a "fan", everybody that watch OVW knew he was a wrestler, and ruin the storyline for them. :)

Lowki
03-12-2011, 08:45 PM
Agree with New Guy. People may get accustomed to the FCW gimmick too which could cause problems when they are brought up. It's a development and the kids there are effectively treated as if they are nothing to do with WWE.

Rassling_Fan
03-12-2011, 08:51 PM
Not if they move FCW to late night.

As for this channel, I'm hoping for past shows, the stuff on their demand, their movies, and probably old properties they had like the Hogan cartoon (just for a laugh).

Pittbull
03-14-2011, 11:07 AM
It wouldn't really effect us in the UK but would be pretty good to see a WWE channel!

Androo
03-14-2011, 12:13 PM
It wouldn't really effect us in the UK but would be pretty good to see a WWE channel!

Thats what I was thinking. We wouldnt get the Channel on our tv listings or would we? They might add it to Sky and you have to pay an extra amount a month for it, kinda like ESPN is now? I hope not, I dont have those pennies! Or if a WWE network does come about, I hope it just means theyll let SkySports show alot of the stuff, like the old Raws, Smackdowns, PPVs, maybe even some old WCW. Theyve got a good relationship with Sky. I know we get Vintage, but id like to see alot more old stuff chronologically.

Manabu
03-14-2011, 02:27 PM
I dont know how many people have heard or seen it but sky sports do a show called 'take it like a fan' where basically they review what happened in the past week and have stuff like people answering quickfire questions for money
I think that'd be a great idea, like asking the questions to fans at the events, if they dont wanna offer money then a vip pass or merch would do fine!
I'd really hate to see shows involving superstars though, I mean the writers for smackdown are bad enough, them handling a comedy show?
no thanks

Rich Cranium
03-14-2011, 07:06 PM
I dont know how many people have heard or seen it but sky sports do a show called 'take it like a fan' where basically they review what happened in the past week and have stuff like people answering quickfire questions for money
I think that'd be a great idea, like asking the questions to fans at the events, if they dont wanna offer money then a vip pass or merch would do fine!
I'd really hate to see shows involving superstars though, I mean the writers for smackdown are bad enough, them handling a comedy show?
no thanks

Let me give you my knowledge on wrestling in return for a 50/50 split.

TheMadThinker
04-28-2011, 04:41 AM
- The planned WWE cable network is going to be a big part of the company re-branding that is going on. The idea is that they are doing their own network and don't want it seen as a pro wrestling TV channel.

WWE is looking to air scripted programming and other programming that they can use their marketing concepts with. This would include marketing the characters and even touring with the new shows. The Harlem Globetrotters would be a perfect fit for this new concept but they aren't doing sports right now. The concept was described as something like High School Musical or Dora the Explorer where you have a program, you merchandise the characters and go on tour.

WWE is also looking at using people like Drew Carey to come up with programming ideas.

The WWE network will feature a lot of wrestling still, with a lot of old footage airing. WWE is currently digitizing some of their footage and trying to upgrade it to HD for the network. The network will also show programs like NXT, Superstars and some of the recap shows that air internationally.

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

MattElder
04-28-2011, 04:55 AM
Personally i would like to see some comedy on the Network, also movies to fit certain genres. I think with a network its gives WWWE the oppertunity to hit differant age groups with out having to just stick with pg13

HHHBK
05-08-2011, 06:45 PM
Anyone heard anything about the all wwe channel Vince said was supposed to launch in the middle of this year?

Pumpkinhead
05-08-2011, 06:50 PM
Actually I can't imagine a full WWE channel, what they are going to do replay RAW, SD and Tough Enough all day??

HHHBK
05-08-2011, 06:51 PM
Actually I can't imagine a full WWE channel, what they are going to do replay RAW, SD and Tough Enough all day??

Wwe owns all old wcw, ecw footage. Vince also owns promotions footage where some big name wrestlers were before wwe.

IPEEINTHESHOWER
05-08-2011, 06:54 PM
Please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. I hope the WWE gets a cable channel, I just pray they don't show any of their movies on it.:D

Tommy Thunder
05-08-2011, 06:58 PM
I've heard some reports that it'll be ready this year, and other reports saying that it won't be until 2014. Either way, I can't wait for it, and I just hope that it'll be available in the UK!!

HHHBK
05-08-2011, 07:00 PM
I really do hope it happens soonn!

Pumpkinhead
05-08-2011, 07:01 PM
Wwe owns all old wcw, ecw footage. Vince also owns promotions footage where some big name wrestlers were before wwe.
mmm.. I see, putting in that way could work but i'm a little bit skeptical

K-Jammin
05-08-2011, 07:35 PM
I can kiss goodbye to my social life if it happens

Jaitsu
05-08-2011, 08:06 PM
Please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. I hope the WWE gets a cable channel, I just pray they don't show any of their movies on it.:D

now that! that's some damn good infinite wisdom IPITS

tshizzy34
05-08-2011, 08:32 PM
It'd be cool if they play all their old WWF,WCW, and whatever else matches from the past. I just wonder if it's going to be like an included channel within what people have now or a separate monthly fee pay channel type. I hope for the former.

Rockstar83
05-08-2011, 08:33 PM

its not just about that, they can play Classics, vintage episodes, they have been around a long time.

JLeeDude1892
05-08-2011, 08:53 PM
In a recent interview, The WWE said that they will be acquiring their own WWE Television Station in 2012.

Rated_R(ob)KO
05-09-2011, 12:56 AM
I cannot WAIT for the WWE Channel!

WCCW
WCW
WWWF
WWF
AWA
MID-SOUTH
MID-ATLANTIC
MEMPHIS
FCW
OVW
ECW
STAMPEDE
CROCKETT
DEEP SOUTH

And as far as I know the list goes on and on and on! Hell, they can air old PPV's, old MSG shows, Raw, Smackdown!, Tough Enough (Former years of all.) Velocity, Heat, Superstars, Thunder, Nitro, Saturday Night, NXT... Weekly episodes of LOW!!, recap shows, review shows, wrestlers hosting shows (Pick a wrestler and highlight them that month.) All sorts of amazing shit! I mean hell, I already pay $8.00 a month for my "WWE onDEMAND" thing for ComCast so wether it's a pay channel or intergrated channel, I will watch with glee!

Lowki
05-09-2011, 05:12 AM
From what i've read, there are plans ranging from 2012-2014.

They were interested in producing their own TV shows (A rumoured pilot with Santino and beth never took off) so that's probably one thing on there. Old footage from their extensive library; Raw, smackdown and superstars and PPVs; Their films (=/) and maybe music videos they've done in the past.
There's probably other stuff but it will be a while yet.

But people getting their hopes up of a lot of old school programming will be disappointed imo. I got a feeling they will make a lot of new content rather than a a wrestling dominated channel. They want to go for all round entertainment.

Tommy Thunder
05-09-2011, 08:42 AM
It would also give WWE the option to show PG14 and PG stuff. As for what they would show on it, i see all of the following:
RAW,
Smackdown,
Superstars (if it's still going)
NXT (if it's still going)
Tough Enough
FCW
WCW
ECW
And I'd like to see various new stuff. They could have Roddy Pipper host an interview show. I remember they had plans for a comedy show with Santino and Beth Phoenix a while back. The possibilities are endless!!

Los Conquistador
05-09-2011, 09:27 AM
Open a third brand again
Blow TNA out of the water like ECW initially did

THE_CRIPPLER
05-09-2011, 11:20 PM
What i like to See on the new Channel is different programing that has to do with wrestling.... sort of like a top 10 or 20 list, have Chris Jericho host it and have wrestlers vote on various things such as.

Best match

Best tag team

Most embarrsing moment

Wrestling one hit wonders (wrestlers who were hot for a short ammount of time

Sort of like VH1 does with the top web videos and top this and that..... then show clips of each video and have wrestlers talk about the various clips they show and different placments.... how awesome woudl it be to see Shockmaster as number 1 most embarssing moment and have wrestlers talk about it such as Cody Rhodes and Dusty rhodes, TugBoat himself.... its very cheap to make these shows and they can easily have hours of cheap programming.

SnaggleTooth
05-09-2011, 11:27 PM
Do you think a WWE network should stay true to wrestling or should it evolve like how MTV does not really show videos anymore or how History Channel has many shows that are not necessarily about history?

I'm afraid a WWE Network would evolve into non-wrestling stuff because that's what networks do. :(

Wouldn't mind WWEN being an avenue for World's Strongest Man or Ninja Warrior type competitions.

NO INFOMERCIALS. Vince owns 138 million hours of wrestling based footage. SHOW IT!

Ruthless_Aggression
05-09-2011, 11:30 PM
Next thing you know, the WWEN will spend its afternoons airing reruns of Two and Half Men like the rest of the cable networks...

TheMadThinker
05-09-2011, 11:32 PM
I'm afraid a WWE Network would evolve into non-wrestling stuff because that's what networks do. :(

Wouldn't mind WWEN being an avenue for World's Strongest Man or Ninja Warrior type competitions.

NO INFOMERCIALS. Vince owns 138 million hours of wrestling based footage. SHOW IT!

Yes, I could not agree more with that statement.

brewer314
05-10-2011, 02:41 AM
Anybody remember WWE Confidential? I'm sure they'd bring back that type of thing. Same goes for a weekly highlight show, and ofcourse there would be exclusive matches. Kinda like the old coliseum video ones. It'll pretty much be the only viable place to revive past failures.

Oh yeah, and of course there's going to be vintage re airings of old Raws, Heats, Smackdowns, PPVS.

pauldwku
05-12-2011, 03:00 AM
I mean they have so much tape history from so many companies, it would be easy to do. Here is what I would make their nightly primetime lineup be:

Monday Night
7 est/6cst-Classic Raw
9 est/8cst-Classic Nitro

Tuesday Night
7 est/6 cst-Classic WWE/F PPV
10 est/9 cst-Tuesday Night Titans

Wednesday Night
7 est/6 cst-Classic Thunder
9 est/8 cst-Classic WCW PPV

Thursday Night
7 est/6 cst-Clash of the Champions
9 est/8 cst-Classic Smackdown

Friday Night
7 est/6 cst-ECW on TNN
8 est/7 cst-Classic ECW PPV
10 est/9 cst-ECW Hardcore TV

Saturday Night
7 est/6 cst-WCW Saturday Night
9 est/8 cst-Saturday Night's Main Event
11 est/10 cst-Shotgun Saturday Night

Sunday Night
7 est/6 cst-Classic Heat
8 est/7 cst-Classic AwA Wrestling
9 est/8 cst-Fan's Choice(Internet Vote)

Lowki
05-12-2011, 11:44 AM
Outside of Vintage, Raw, Smackdown, NXT, Superstars and Tough enough, I'd put money on there being a lot more TV shows rather than wrestling shows. They already have a subscription service for their archived wrestling so i doubt they would put that on a WWE Network at risk of pissing off subscribers for the online service. WWE Films and Non-Wrestling shows will be on it i'd bet.

HCollins-TNA1
05-12-2011, 11:58 AM
I think it will be a variety of wrestling???
Probably replays of all their shows Raw, SmackDown, NXT, Tough Enough, Superstars, and etc??
Hopefully FCW so we can get to know some of the talent before they called up to the main roster...
Classic wrestling from the WWE, WCW, AWA, ECW, World Class, and etc....
Maybe a movie night to showcase films, maybe some new original programming, maybe a shop at home show for WWEshop.com????

TheMadThinker
06-10-2011, 01:09 AM
Latest on WWE's Planned Cable Network

- Regarding the planned WWE cable network, word going around is that the ideas of what to do with the channel are constantly changing and nobody really knows what Vince McMahon's vision for it is.

It's said that WWE isn't getting the commitment from the cable industry they had hoped for and there is talk of pushing the network more in the direction of a channel that would have programming available on Xbox, Roku and other similar content providers.

Partial source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

HCollins-TNA1
06-10-2011, 04:01 PM
I mean they have so much tape history from so many companies, it would be easy to do. Here is what I would make their nightly primetime lineup be:

Monday Night
7 est/6cst-Classic Raw
9 est/8cst-Classic Nitro

Tuesday Night
7 est/6 cst-Classic WWE/F PPV
10 est/9 cst-Tuesday Night Titans

Wednesday Night
7 est/6 cst-Classic Thunder
9 est/8 cst-Classic WCW PPV

Thursday Night
7 est/6 cst-Clash of the Champions
9 est/8 cst-Classic Smackdown

Friday Night
7 est/6 cst-ECW on TNN
8 est/7 cst-Classic ECW PPV
10 est/9 cst-ECW Hardcore TV

Saturday Night
7 est/6 cst-WCW Saturday Night
9 est/8 cst-Saturday Night's Main Event
11 est/10 cst-Shotgun Saturday Night

Sunday Night
7 est/6 cst-Classic Heat
8 est/7 cst-Classic AwA Wrestling
9 est/8 cst-Fan's Choice(Internet Vote)

I don't classic shows would work on nights that Raw or Smackdown is on??? for surely not going head to head with such shows...

Also I'm sure WWE will have something planned out in what shows they want even non-wrestling...
WWE Shop at Home, WWE/wrestling News, Wrestling talk show, reality shows, and etc.... As well as classic Raw, Smackdown, Nitros, Thunder, WWE/WWF, WCW, AWA, World Class, Smokey Mountain, ECW, Memphis and etc....

Brewer 314
09-05-2011, 09:36 PM
So I guess it's official.

I've been looking forward to this.

capn-edu
09-05-2011, 10:14 PM
Hey i didnt get it what is it supposed to be?

Enforcer23
09-05-2011, 10:15 PM
yeah i cant wait for this either aye should be great

Poot-Hair
09-05-2011, 10:16 PM
So I guess it's official.

I've been looking forward to this.
It really depends on what they do with it whether or not I'll like it. If they put it on dish and it's free, then GREAT. But if they make it a subscribe channel then put RAW and Smackdown on it and make you pay to watch it...I'll cry and beat my pillow lol

evilgenius780
09-05-2011, 10:17 PM
I was definatly excited to see this, hopefully lots of old school stuff. I truely doubt it will be free though. I just hope my cable company will carry it.

ihearvoices
09-05-2011, 10:19 PM
Its going to be on tv for free maybe one of the 100' numbers and its going to be epic! I hope they do some regular Shows on it using their Superstars and actors too. Maybe we will get Zack Ryder show on it also there is so much they can do with their own show i cant wait. I just hope it early or Mid 2012 and not late 2012

ihearvoices
09-05-2011, 10:20 PM
I was definatly excited to see this, hopefully lots of old school stuff. I truely doubt it will be free though. I just hope my cable company will carry it.

It will be free because they already have WWE on Demand on Cable no point on having their network the same plus they will lose more money than they would make off of it.

Poot-Hair
09-05-2011, 10:22 PM
It would be cool if they would have different wrestlers have shows on the network, like it was mentioned with zack ryder and maybe the miz, bryan danielson, etc. Kind of give the newer guys a chance to get over, to sink or swim if you will. The possibilities are endless at this point

Tommy Thunder
09-05-2011, 10:26 PM
I can't wait to see what wonderful things they fill their daytime slots with!!

All those brilliant WWE studios films!!
A Santino Marella sitcom!!
Past WCW/ECW shows
Past seasons of Tough Enough

I can't wait!! WWE 24/7!!

Tommy Thunder
09-05-2011, 10:28 PM
It would be cool if they would have different wrestlers have shows on the network, like it was mentioned with zack ryder and maybe the miz, bryan danielson, etc. Kind of give the newer guys a chance to get over, to sink or swim if you will. The possibilities are endless at this point

I recall that they had plans to do a show starring Santino Marella and Beth Phoenix before. Maybe they'll do that.
I also recall they had plans for a show starring Edge too.

Russo swerve
09-05-2011, 10:30 PM
I cant wait but I got a feeling its coming in the fall I wish it would come in january tho

Poot-Hair
09-05-2011, 10:30 PM
I recall that they had plans to do a show starring Santino Marella and Beth Phoenix before. Maybe they'll do that.
I also recall they had plans for a show starring Edge too.
Oh god...not a sitcom with WWE superstars. Scary *shudders* . Now if it was another divas undressed I may get "interested" lol

ihearvoices
09-05-2011, 10:40 PM
I think this can be use as a great way for people like Ryder and the Santino marellas to really shine and have their time of glory cause we all know if your making wwe money you good for a job.

WPack911
09-06-2011, 12:02 AM
They most likely will put WWE Superstar's on there and NXT too. They might even make new shows or bring back old ones like Heat, or just make Superstars 2 hours or something. I can't wait to see their mix of new original programing, new wrestling shows and old PPV's and old wrestling shows. Hopefully they will show old Nitro's and Raw's in order leading into old PPV's which they also show in order, how awesome would that be?

I can't wait and man oh man do I hope my cable provider (Comcast) carries this down here in Miami. I remember telling my brother back years ago when the NFL network launched how WWE should have a network since they have more then enough programing to support it and now finally it is happening! :D

GreatMuta4life
09-06-2011, 12:14 AM
It will be interesting to see if they keep the channel tv-pg or not. Business-wise, it's in their best interest to keep the programming 100% pg, because of the channel getting blocked because of parental controls. But this leaves out so much great stuff from the attitude era. Seems like they'll be doing a ton of editing to get some of the racier classic moments on the channel.

WPack911
09-06-2011, 12:53 AM
It will be interesting to see if they keep the channel tv-pg or not. Business-wise, it's in their best interest to keep the programming 100% pg, because of the channel getting blocked because of parental controls. But this leaves out so much great stuff from the attitude era. Seems like they'll be doing a ton of editing to get some of the racier classic moments on the channel.

Good point, but they could probably get around doing all that with simple warnings before the racy Raws, Nitros and PPV's and during the shows right before the racy parts happen.

GreatMuta4life
09-06-2011, 01:17 AM
Good point, but they could probably get around doing all that with simple warnings before the racy Raws, Nitros and PPV's and during the shows right before the racy parts happen.

That's a possibility, but I think even with warnings it would put the channel into the tv-14 category and thus get blocked by a lot of parents. I doubt they'll show many whole attitude era ppvs or raw/nitros. They'll likely keep that stuff on WWE classics ondemand, which is great btw. When they show old content on the WWE Channel, I'm sure it will all be heavily edited; like cutting out rest holds of old-school matches and cutting out all the quasi-racism and sexism in wrestling in the past.

THEKEVINBRAND
09-06-2011, 01:20 AM
Okay, now I get it. All of this talk on Raw about making WWE cool again was their weird way of promoting the WWE Network. Maybe the catchphrase can be, "WWE: When it was still cool." Okay, so that's probably not what they've been going for, but I'm still not sure what exactly their motivation is for pointing out that their own product isn't cool.

jordan1995
09-06-2011, 01:21 AM
It really depends on what they do with it whether or not I'll like it. If they put it on dish and it's free, then GREAT. But if they make it a subscribe channel then put RAW and Smackdown on it and make you pay to watch it...I'll cry and beat my pillow lol

this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Luxi
09-06-2011, 01:23 AM
The network could be a good idea. I can see Zack Ryders web series getting put on it as well.

Rated_R(ob)KO
09-06-2011, 02:00 AM
Okay, I'm gonna weigh in here, It may be a lengthy one so, sorry in advance...

I believe there's a TON that can be done with the WWE Network, Here's how MY schedule would break down:

MORNING BLOCK: (6am-12pm)

6am - (Rerun) ECW TV

7am - (Rerun) WWF/E Madison Square Garden

8am - (Rerun) WWF/E SmackDown!

10am - (Rerun) WCW Thunder

AFTERNOON BLOCK: (12pm-6pm)

12pm - (Rerun/New) Legends Of Wrestling (Roundtable discussions.)

2pm - (Rerun/New) Hall Of Fame (Profiling Hall Of Famers)

4pm - (Rerun/New) WWE Superstar Documentaries

EVENING BLOCK (6pm-11pm)

6pm - (Rerun/New) FCW TV

7pm - (Rerun/New) Superstars

8pm - (Rerun/New) NXT

9pm - (Rerun/New) RAW/Smackdown!

AFTERHOURS BLOCK (11pm-6am)

11pm - (Rerun) WCW Monday Nitro

1am - (Rerun) WWF/E Monday Night RAW

3am - (Rerun) WCCW/MID-SOUTH/DEEP-SOUTH

5am - (Rerun) Tough Enough/?

Now-- this of course is a soft listing. Things can obviously change week by week.... I included RAW and SMACKDOWN! because you don't think they're going to keep paying USA and SYFY to air the shows do you? And they're not going to keep paying the services to Comcast and other cable companies for their OnDemand deal either do you? I think not. They'll breach contract and pay the money out just to get their network off the ground. There may be some stuff OnDemand but not to the extent there is now. There will also be "WWE Studios" films, and various other things to fill up time as well.

I for one am honestly excited at having the network come up, it'll be a great way to fully explore WWE as a full on household brand. It's going to be an exciting ride for the fans, that's for sure.

clh2285
09-06-2011, 02:59 AM
Day time television will never be the same :)

Reichwulf
09-06-2011, 06:05 AM

I believe there's a TON that can be done with the WWE Network, Here's how MY schedule would break down:

6am - (Rerun) ECW TV

EVENING BLOCK (6pm-11pm)

6pm - (Rerun/New) FCW TV

8pm - (Rerun/New) NXT

Now-- this of course is a soft listing. Things can obviously change week by week.... I included RAW and SMACKDOWN! because you don't think they're going to keep paying USA and SYFY to air the shows do you? And they're not going to keep paying the services to Comcast and other cable companies for their OnDemand deal either do you? I think not. They'll breach contract and pay the money out just to get their network off the ground. There may be some stuff OnDemand but not to the extent there is now. There will also be "WWE Studios" films, and various other things to fill up time as well.

I for one am honestly excited at having the network come up, it'll be a great way to fully explore WWE as a full on household brand. It's going to be an exciting ride for the fans, that's for sure.

That layout sounds good to me, i just hope it'll be a regular channel, and not like hbo

Tommy Thunder
09-06-2011, 06:49 AM
I for one don't think it will be a subscribe channel, since that would cut out a LOT of the audience. Not everyone can afford channel subscriptions, but they can sit at home to watch Raw and Smackdown for free. Make this a subscription channel, and all those people are cut off straight away.
Business-wise, it's in WWE's best interest for the new channel to be free.

Horowitz316
09-06-2011, 11:35 AM
The Network will definately be a pay channel. They'll leave Raw and Smackdown on the networks they're already on and just have replays of them on the WWE Network. What wrestling fan would not pay 10$ a month for this. Vince knows that the days of PPV being a revenue stream that he can count on is over. You put the PPVs on the network and you have 10s of millions of people watching world wide, instead of 100s of thousands buying the PPVs. The WWE owns thousands of hours of wrestling footage already. They can also sell airtime to orginizations in Japan, Mexico, and Europe. This will bring in over a Billion $$ a year if done right. I for one can't wait!!!!!!

OldSchoolHeel
09-07-2011, 03:51 AM
if you dont think vinnie mac is going to be chargin for this i have an autographed hulk hogan poster for sell.... :-)

pgarcia79
09-08-2011, 06:32 PM
WWE content shown 24hrs a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year? Are you serious bro?? WHOOO!!!!!!

THE_CRIPPLER
09-08-2011, 11:39 PM
I think they should do some list shows such as VH1 and such... countdown the list and have wrestlers make witty comments about them... Have someone like a Shawn Michaels or Chris Jericho Host... the are very cheap to make and easy you just get a few top 10 list have people vote on them, put video packages togther and have wrestlers comment.... who wouldnt wanna see "Top 10 most embarrsing moments in wrestling" or "Top 10 Raw matches" "10 greatest Wrestling PPVs of all time" it fill a hour or so maybe 2 hours with extras.

evilgenius780
09-09-2011, 12:14 AM

6am - (Rerun) ECW TV

EVENING BLOCK (6pm-11pm)

6pm - (Rerun/New) FCW TV

8pm - (Rerun/New) NXT

I like the sound of that, but also want to see some time dedicated to old school PPVs

HCollins-TNA1
09-17-2011, 12:57 AM
There is said to be no complete direction in place for the new WWE Network that debuts next year. Ideas have been tossed around about doing TV series and reality shows with the WWE talents. The backbone of the network will be WWE’s massive tape library and the WWE Studios films. Vince McMahon made an internal decree six weeks ago to get a move on everything as they want the network up and running by the end of 2012.

As noted earlier, WWE has taken out a $200 million line of credit with JP Morgan Chase Bank. Vince McMahon stated earlier this year that WWE would be willing to go into debt spending, something they have avoided doing. WWE said they would be doing this because interest rates are low right now and it would be used to help finance the new television network.

Partial Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

IMO, I think this could be or mean some major releases of talent although time will only tell although might be wrong new talent will be signed.... What is your thoughts???

Rated_R(ob)KO
09-17-2011, 01:14 AM
Why would people be in trouble? "Debt spending" does not mean firing. It's a revolving line of credit used for these type of things. It's incase his company begins to see red, which they have avoided doing. It's spending more, to get more. Simple logistics.

In the case of "direction" what else do they really need? It's a wrestling network. Ummm... direction given. They have a lot of talent and a few shows already going on on "Classics On Demand" and I'm sure RAW and SMACKDOWN! will make their way to said channel after the RAW contract expires in 2013 and SD! has their expiration in 2013 as well. Hell, they'll probably cut losses sooner than that due to licensing fees and whatnot. Why pay to put your stuff on someone elses network when you have your own? It'd be stupid.

HCollins-TNA1
09-17-2011, 01:50 AM
Cut backs.....
Merging backstage roles with management and such.....
Doubt any major names will be released but someone like Primo, who don't get used all that good might and could be gone...
Just time will tell, depending on how the WWE Network does and when it becomes reality and if it becomes reality????

Rated_R(ob)KO
09-17-2011, 01:56 AM
Cut backs.....
Merging backstage roles with management and such.....
Doubt any major names will be released but someone like Primo, who don't get used all that good might and could be gone...
Just time will tell, depending on how the WWE Network does and when it becomes reality and if it becomes reality????

Your logic fails me. Why would they do all of that merging and letting go when the network would clearly create new jobs for THE 'E to have? Talent won't be let go, they'll put SUPERSTARS on their network, and NXT. FCW might show up as well. There's actually MORE areas to utilize their talent, not less.

With the revolving credit in place that will help them significantly with their costs, not to mention advertisers wanting air time on their network and everything in between. And IF the network becomes a reality? Really? They announced it 2 years ago and made an official commercial touting its debut next year. I'm pretty sure it's not "IF" it's "WHEN".

Robareid
09-17-2011, 02:01 AM
I see them maybe bringing Heat and Velocity back, so talent like Primo will have a much better chance to get on TV. I don't see this will cause any more let gos than normal

Chazztastic
09-17-2011, 03:33 AM
If you go to my blog (see link below... haha cheap plug) I actually had a lot of thoughts on the WWE Network. Overall, the line of credit is so that they can spend money without exhausting their own cash flow. If and when the Network profits, part of the profits will be split between paying back the loan and part for the company. In short, the WWE funds won't be depleted solely on the Network.

Secondly, with the Network, more jobs (wrestling and non-wrestling) will be created. The problem with stacked roster is the lack of time to promote their lower and mid-card talent. Showcasing them is a future investment, but how much to time to invest in giving them air time is in conflict with giving air time to the Main Eventers who do draw the ratings. Now, since the Network will be 24-hours/7-days a week, you all know it can't be 80% old programming. Old programming is great for memories, but you don't invest in the past. You invest in the future. So, shows like NXT and Superstars can actually have it's on designated talents, leading them into being brands. Giving lower and mid-card talents these shows will help them get more familiar with the WWE Universe. Those who become HOT on these shows will be in a good position when these wrestlers get moved to the RAW and Smackdown shows. Learning the WWE style of story-telling can be honed on NXT and Superstars, so that they're good to go when the go the big 2 shows.

Thirdly, the direction of the WWE is how to promote RAW and Smackdown and their stars. If there is lack of direction, it has to be more on WHAT KIND OF SHOWS can they create to feature their Superstars and Divas. As mentioned in other posts, there could be more "reality" type shows of them on the road. There could be interview shows talking to both wrestlers and maybe celebrity wrestling fans. There could be a fitness show with a current or former WWE star (like Trish and DDP who moved on to work in the fitness industry). The lack of direction is how to make all the possibilities work on the Network rather than WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO on the Network.

As I said, I had a lot of thoughts on this on my blog site if you can support it. (haha cheap plug again)

AOF666
09-17-2011, 11:03 AM
I don't have a problem with WWE want to make their own channel. I do however have a problem with them wanting to trade mark the name THE Network. They don't want to aknowledge TNA but want to trade mark THE Network. TNA been using THE Network for almost a year now.

HCollins-TNA1
09-17-2011, 03:02 PM
Still you don't get it......
$200 million is lots of money to take out in a loan..... But understandable for a big company......
As for what I mean cut backs, sometimes when one or a company make a need sacrifice, they have to make a sacrifice elsewhere.... Meaning cut a agent, release some not needed or used talent or such.....

There are things that could go wrong and could go right within the next year or so....
1. The Economy he is the USA, people is unemployed and barely getting by....
2. Washington DC and the FCC, getting the FCC to approve the channel might be harder then one thinks...
3. Cable Companies will they see it as network that need to be added, the bigger companies might Comcast, Time Warner, Charter.. But the smaller ones might not...

But time will only tell what happens....

Reloval
09-17-2011, 04:25 PM
It be pretty awesome if they show classic episodes of ECW, Nitro, Thunder, Heat, Raw, Smackdown, and on and on and on.

With how interest rates are now taking out a line of credit is a good move at this time imo.

zrdt12
09-17-2011, 05:10 PM
I would pay for this channel if it showed classics like no other. Like if one day they showed 12 episodes of WW(censored) continious episodes + PPVS. Next day do the same for WCW. Wonder if they have access to real ECW since I know they were able to use the name in WWE

HCollins-TNA1
09-17-2011, 05:20 PM
It be pretty awesome if they show classic episodes of ECW, Nitro, Thunder, Heat, Raw, Smackdown, and on and on and on.

With how interest rates are now taking out a line of credit is a good move at this time imo.
WWE owns almost all tape libraries of AWA, World Class, ECW, WCW, and etc...

No it isn't interest rates isn't all that great...... At the end of the loan that $200 million will be like almost 300 or 400 million to pay back....

Rated_R(ob)KO
09-22-2011, 05:38 PM
While reading over the headlines on the front page, I came across the one about the current plans for The WWE Network. Much like I had previously said in another thread, they're planning on mixing live shows, old promotions and reruns. Honestly, what else did anyone expect? But, there was something strange in the wording of one of the paragraphs:

"Additionally, this network would include WWE's "classic big 4" pay-per-view events including WrestleMania, SummerSlam, Survivor Series and Royal Rumble to the lineup at no additional cost. Rather than having to pay for them, they would now be specials with the same match quality you're used to seeing on pay-per-view for no additional cost. These 4 events would only be available on The WWE Network."

To me, that's very interesting. It means literally one of two things in my opinion:

1.) They will be repeats of PPV's already aired. Meaning WMXXVIII will be on PPV on A Sunday night, a month later they'll have it on the channel... sounds a bit far fetched for the wording to me.

2.) No more paying all of that money for WM, SS, SS, and RR. To me what I'm reading is 100% stating that the "BIG 4" PPV's will turn into quarterly WWE programming. (1 airing every 4 months.) This makes perfect sense from an ad revenue stand point. A long time ago I said THE 'E would benefit from having WrestleMania air on NBC rather than PPV due to all of the money received from ads.

Looks like I may have been right and that's the route they're finally taking.

But, within that I have a question:

Would you rather pay money for "THE BIG 4" on PPV and get the other 10 on the Network or are you okay with paying for 10 PPV's and getting "THE BIG 4" essentially for free?

IrkenInvader
09-22-2011, 05:50 PM
http://www.rankopedia.com/CandidatePix/33730.gif

KJ PUNK
09-22-2011, 05:51 PM
It all depends on whether or not I get the channel or not. Bc if I don't or can't get it, then I'll be pretty damn pissed that I can't watch the Big 4.

LMPunker
09-22-2011, 06:19 PM
wwe wont be stupid enough to show for example night of champions 2011 before its out on dvd and would probably wait for about a year before giving it away and wwewont show the big four for free or any ppv for free when its live

Rich Cranium
09-22-2011, 06:41 PM
wwe wont be stupid enough to show for example night of champions 2011 before its out on dvd and would probably wait for about a year before giving it away and wwewont show the big four for free or any ppv for free when its live

Yeah, I wouldn't think they would either. I don't see it happening.

Rilla
09-22-2011, 06:41 PM
From a money gaining standpoint, I'd say;

1) The 4 Big Ones get PPV time, meaning potentially, more money for WWE from them, as people would be able to save up the money to get them.

or

2) 2 of the big ones get aired on the channel, along with half of the B PPVs; while the rest get PPV time.

or

3) They'd be shown as specials, as stated, basically a rather large 2 hour? Video package, if applicable.

AOF666
09-22-2011, 07:05 PM
Most likely will be PPVS from the past.

HCollins-TNA1
09-22-2011, 07:20 PM
While reading over the headlines on the front page, I came across the one about the current plans for The WWE Network. Much like I had previously said in another thread, they're planning on mixing live shows, old promotions and reruns. Honestly, what else did anyone expect? But, there was something strange in the wording of one of the paragraphs:

"Additionally, this network would include WWE's "classic big 4" pay-per-view events including WrestleMania, SummerSlam, Survivor Series and Royal Rumble to the lineup at no additional cost. Rather than having to pay for them, they would now be specials with the same match quality you're used to seeing on pay-per-view for no additional cost. These 4 events would only be available on The WWE Network."

To me, that's very interesting. It means literally one of two things in my opinion:

1.) They will be repeats of PPV's already aired. Meaning WMXXVIII will be on PPV on A Sunday night, a month later they'll have it on the channel... sounds a bit far fetched for the wording to me.

2.) No more paying all of that money for WM, SS, SS, and RR. To me what I'm reading is 100% stating that the "BIG 4" PPV's will turn into quarterly WWE programming. (1 airing every 4 months.) This makes perfect sense from an ad revenue stand point. A long time ago I said THE 'E would benefit from having WrestleMania air on NBC rather than PPV due to all of the money received from ads.

Would you rather pay money for "THE BIG 4" on PPV and get the other 10 on the Network or are you okay with paying for 10 PPV's and getting "THE BIG 4" essentially for free?

It probably long after each PPV have been aired and released to DVD...... much like most TV networks does with movies nd etc.... maybe 6 months to a year...

Asherdelampyr
09-22-2011, 08:19 PM

it sounds, like, from that like its a deal where paying for the network gets you free PPVs, which I would pay for.

Enforcer23
09-22-2011, 08:22 PM
well im in aussie and i doubt we will get the channel BUT i dont think if will affect any of the ppv's for me to watch them..only i do hope we do have wwe network here that would be great

drumgod
09-22-2011, 08:33 PM
Dont yall know that the world is going to end in 2012 anyways - so the WWE network is a mute point.......

BlazersDozen
09-22-2011, 09:42 PM
They'll probably be showing the worst of the big 4 & they will all probably be so old that you've probably already watched them on YouTube already.

Rated_R(ob)KO
09-22-2011, 09:51 PM
Dont yall know that the world is going to end in 2012 anyways - so the WWE network is a mute point.......

"Moot" point. Moot.

Asherdelampyr
09-22-2011, 10:05 PM
The newsboard is also stating that there may be a Big Show and wife cooking program

I would watch that

Necroyeti
09-22-2011, 10:16 PM
Heh, "peculiar". Not enough folk use "peculiar" if you ask me, very underrated word.

DID YOU KNOW?
Steve Blackman is a bond bailsman in Pennsylvania? (http://boards.420chan.org/wooo/res/1617057.php)

I second the guy who says WWE network should rip-off Dog The Bounty Hunter and call it The Lethal Weapon. Shit writes itself.

Asherdelampyr
09-22-2011, 10:23 PM
Heh, "peculiar". Not enough folk use "peculiar" if you ask me, very underrated word.

DID YOU KNOW?
Steve Blackman is a bond bailsman in Pennsylvania? (http://boards.420chan.org/wooo/res/1617057.php)

I second the guy who says WWE network should rip-off Dog The Bounty Hunter and call it The Lethal Weapon. Shit writes itself.

twice the ass kicking without all the racism
all they need is some girl with a bra size higher than her IQ.... wait, they have those!

Rated_R(ob)KO
09-22-2011, 10:24 PM

DID YOU KNOW?

LOL! When I was coming up with the thread name I said the same thing about the word lol. And yeah, Steve Blackman: The Lethal Weapon will totally be a gold mine!!

IrkenInvader
09-22-2011, 10:55 PM
"Moot" point. Moot.

I didn't know a point could lose its ability to make noise.

Brewer 314
09-22-2011, 11:30 PM
Key in on : "classic big 4". Clearly these are shows from the past!

Brewer 314
09-22-2011, 11:31 PM

2012 jokes stopped being funny awhile ago.

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
09-23-2011, 12:11 AM
I may be repeating here but there is no way WWE is going to give up the 1,000,000+ buys of WM and the 750,000+ buys of the other three shows just to get people to watch their shitty network. That's like $100 million they would be giving up. It would take them around five years of selling advertising space on the network just to even get to half that amount. I am not saying you're wrong because all you did was copy what a source said. This would be a terrible move.

Bralon23
09-23-2011, 04:00 AM
It sounds to me like they are going to simulcast the Big 4 PPVs on their network. Meaning that if you had their network, you'd be able to watch the Big 4 PPVs live for free. If they thought that they were going to lose a ton of money and PPV buys over it, then they probably wouldn't do it. They'd probably make more money having more people subscribe to their network then they would off of the PPV buys, which is more than likely why they decided to throw that into the occasion. They have people buying their 4 big money PPVs once a year, but they could have people paying to see their network once a month, which is another reason why the loss of PPV buys won't hurt. It honestly makes me want the network more when it comes out, which it is what the offer is meant to do.

Asherdelampyr
09-23-2011, 04:07 AM
I may be repeating here but there is no way WWE is going to give up the 1,000,000+ buys of WM and the 750,000+ buys of the other three shows just to get people to watch their shitty network. That's like $100 million they would be giving up. It would take them around five years of selling advertising space on the network just to even get to half that amount. I am not saying you're wrong because all you did was copy what a source said. This would be a terrible move.

but how much money do they make in ad revenue
and how much do they have to pay to rent the PPV timeslots?
without hard data on those numbers we really don't know if it's a loss or not

Iron Ape
10-12-2011, 07:50 PM
What do you guys want to see in terms of NEW content? There's no doubt going to be a glut of classic shows and archival footage, but I'm interested in hearing about the kinds of original programming that you'd be interested in seeing.

One of my absolute favorite things in wrestling is road stories. To me, infamous tales of on the road jackassery often give the in-ring stuff a run for its money, and I can't help but think that there's some gold to be mined from building a series around the random pools of talent that band together while crossing the globe. I'm kind of torn on how I'd like to see material approached, though. A "reality"/documentary approach that follows current pairings- the stories of Santino and Randy in a rental have to be epic- as they take the back-roads, check into their rooms, find bites to eat, and go out to unwind could be one way of sharing a look with us; a traditional round-table of legends coming together in a studio to reminisce about some of the wilder old days could be another.

The coveted 18-49 demo traditionally prefer to be shown rather than told, so I could probably see the reality effort having a bit more broad appeal; however, showing a different side to current talent could also serve to undermine on-air characters, and that might be counter-productive. Regardless of the direction, though, I think there's actually a quality program there to be developed. The kind of hardcore fans that this network is going to appeal to aren't going to be satisfied with just a network full of filler, and I think this is the kind of substantial idea that us true fans would like to see the network at least experiment with.

Asherdelampyr
10-12-2011, 08:00 PM
I really enjoy the legends roundtables, so hopefully those will make the jump
also I heard something somewhere about a Big Show cooking program, with his wife. I like cooking shows, so that could be fun

wrestlingfan66513
10-12-2011, 08:24 PM
it'd be cool to get a WWE/WCW/ECW where are they now or a biography channel type of thing on different wrestlers each week. Maybe a Cribs type thing who knows

Asherdelampyr
10-12-2011, 08:30 PM
it'd be cool to get a WWE/WCW/ECW where are they now or a biography channel type of thing on different wrestlers each week. Maybe a Cribs type thing who knows

a biography type thing would be a lot of fun to see. Though the politics could get a little hairy (not mentioning some companies, not dealing with talents being at TNA or ROH now)

helmsley
10-12-2011, 08:33 PM
maybe a "before they were famous" section?? like for example, what wrestlers did before being wrestlers, or the path they had to take in order of being able to be where they are right now

Rilla
10-12-2011, 08:33 PM
11) Z! Long Island Story

10) Wrestlers Court

9) Where are they now?

8) Rib'd

7) I wrestling(Akin to VH1's I love the -Enter Decade)-

6) FCW/Superstars

5) Entrance Videos

4) Mystery Wrestling Theater 3000

3) Legends of Wrestling Roundtables

2) Kinnikuman

1) WWE Late Night

helmsley
10-12-2011, 08:43 PM
11) Z! Long Island Story

10) Wrestlers Court

9) Where are they now?

8) Rib'd

6) FCW/Superstars

5) Entrance Videos

2) Kinnikuman

1) WWE Late Night

thats a pretty good idea, maybe having a show were each chapter they focus on a particular theme song with interviews with the band and ideas behind each theme

Wade Barrett 1979
10-12-2011, 08:56 PM
11) Z! Long Island Story

10) Wrestlers Court

9) Where are they now?

8) Rib'd

6) FCW/Superstars

5) Entrance Videos

2) Kinnikuman

1) WWE Late Night

Somebody's been on UGO.com :p

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
10-12-2011, 09:28 PM
After 12:00am, there better be some naked-ass divas, that's all I am saying.

It would be funny if they did a Botchamania-type show, but I doubt Vince wants to acknowledge any sort of botch.

Iron Ape
10-12-2011, 10:07 PM
11) Z! Long Island Story

10) Wrestlers Court

9) Where are they now?

8) Rib'd

6) FCW/Superstars

5) Entrance Videos

2) Kinnikuman

1) WWE Late Night
While I have no doubt that some of these would make for some harmless, lightweight, breezy entertainment, I can't help but think that it's important for WWE's brand identity to strike out with somewhat more original programming. A schedule full of WWE-centric spins on other network's shows and ideas might cheapen the endeavor.

I'm definitely down for airings of FCW and re-runs of Kinnikuman, though.

68wPayne
10-12-2011, 10:30 PM
A modern day Hulk Hogan and Friends type cartoon

Iron Ape
10-12-2011, 10:36 PM
A modern day Hulk Hogan and Friends type cartoon
Done in Claymation. And instead of Hulk, the star is the Iron Sheik. The show will also now be called "People Who Are Not Friends With Hulk Hogan".

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
10-12-2011, 10:47 PM
Faaakk hulk hogan

thunderprince09
10-12-2011, 11:31 PM
...GTV...yup...GTV...

AreYaSerious
10-13-2011, 01:31 AM
Long Island Iced Z. Best of Matches, WWE shop auctions (all about making money)

alexrules01
10-13-2011, 03:57 AM
The adventures of R-Truth and Little Jimmy

Tomsta666
10-13-2011, 04:18 AM
Just give Zack Ryder his own 30 minute show

Samuel L. Jackson
10-13-2011, 09:14 AM
Something like what they did in '98 with "Brawl for All" where they have a "shoot" no holds barred fighting tournament between the talent. It can be open to all comers (on the roster), with an MMA kinda feel to it.
Now, can you dig that?

midian
10-13-2011, 09:45 AM
Give Santino a sitcom

chunkkynutzzz
10-13-2011, 10:25 AM
Give santino a comedy show for real it will work with superstars apearing here and there
Also
Before and after the match like preparing for it and immediately after once they come through the curtain
And also who hangs out with who and
WWe Roadtrip them going to the arenas and traveling

Plus how to stay in shape with a wwe superstar today
Different stars show how to work out in there way and how to eat healty to stay in shape
(Would like to see what mark henry does lol)

And Vince Tv him being pissed off and ripping hear off by yelling alone
Yelling at cole on raw and more..

Samuel L. Jackson
10-13-2011, 10:40 AM
* Unsolved Mysteries, Arson & How to Get Away with Murder - Hosted by Kane & The Undertaker
* Angle's Believe it or Not - Hosted by Randy Orton
* How to stay injury free - with Kevin Nash
* Nip Tuck - with Stephanie McMahon & Chyna
* Escaping a front facelock - with Chris Jericho and special guest, Bill Goldberg
* St Patrick's Day Special - with Cm Punk
* The ballad of Katy Vick - starring HHH

Los Conquistador
10-13-2011, 11:04 AM
* Unsolved Mysteries, Arson & How to Get Away with Murder - Hosted by Kane & The Undertaker
* Angle's Believe it or Not - Hosted by Randy Orton
* How to stay injury free - with Kevin Nash
* Nip Tuck - with Stephanie McMahon & Chyna
* Escaping a front facelock - with Chris Jericho and special guest, Bill Goldberg
* St Patrick's Day Special - with Cm Punk
* The ballad of Katy Vick - starring HHH

The steve blackman comedy hour
Some sort of male equvilant of cougar town with jerry lawler

I dont know how he pulls them

Jags
10-13-2011, 01:20 PM
Liked those little things, like "On my day off" or when some superstars showed their crib.

"From the vault" matches would be nice, so we won't have to see them on Smackdown anymore. Weekend breaks in the theme of a certain superstar, just naming a few new ideas.

Androo
11-11-2011, 07:00 PM
Seen this on the Clark-a-tron.

WWE is conducting a survey asking for feedback on 17 show concepts for the upcoming WWE Network.

* Stone Cold Steve Austin and his counterpart, a refined beer expert, visit a different local brewery, pub, or beer fest/competition each week in different U.S. cities. Follow the tour bus online by accessing the show’s interactive GPS map and Join Stone Cold as he meets the owners of different establishments around the country; learns how the beer gets made, learns what to eat with specific beers and on the whole, just has a great time. If you’d watch this show, give me a ‘hell yeah!’

* A show based on the real lives of the largest athlete in the world, the Big Show, and his wife Bess (who has a larger than life personality). What does it take to feed a Giant? What unusual things happen in every day life when you’re 7 feet tall and weigh 500 pounds? Travel on Big Show and Bess’ tour bus from town to town; meet their giant mastiffs that sleep in their already cramped bed, and hear the outrageous stories about the Big Show and his blunders as only his wife can tell them. Then connect with Show himself during his weekly check-in with fans at WWE.com, where viewers can also find un-lockable bonus clips, Bess’s blog, and the “Show cam”, a 24/7 webcam documenting the couple’s life at home.

* Join Mick Foley as he tours the greatest adventure parks in the United States in search of the ultimate roller coaster ride. Experience the food, the people, and the thrill of the action hosted by the greatest roller coaster enthusiast in the WWE, Mick Foley. Learn more about these amazing thrill rides via WWE.com’s interactive coaster map; an annotated guide to the best amusements in the country. Post your own comments, and debate with Mick about the best dips and dives in Theme Park-Dom.

* Hosted by Mick Foley, this program will feature the best OMG moments in Sports Entertainment History. Relive Foley’s death defying fall off Hell in the Cell, Jeff Hardy’s Swanton Bomb to the outside of the ring off a 12 foot ladder, or Shane McMahon’s drop off the side of the Titan Tron. What was going through their minds as they jumped or fell? What did it feel like when they landed? Would they do it all over again? Ask your questions online and have them answered in exclusive interviews by the WWE Superstars who lived the moment.

* Akin to Ice Road Truckers or Deadliest Catch, this series would follow the WWE Road Crews from show to show to illustrate the many facets of what it takes to put on a live television show week after week. This program will follow the lives of everyone backstage: the truckers, the caterers, the television engineers, the pyro crew, as well as the WWE Superstars. What does it take to put on the biggest traveling show in the world week in and week out? Watch to find out, and go online to read the daily posts and photos from these road warriors’ themselves; or thumb through WWE.com’s official guide to landing a job on the Road Crew, and submit your resume!

* A reality show that is the exact opposite of The Biggest Loser; based on WWE Superstars helping “skinny” or “scrawny” guys put on muscle mass while providing tips to build their confidence to get their dream girl. Follow along online, where the WWE Superstars provide exclusive live tips during programming, and where the contestants document their progress on a weekly basis.

* Die-hard, middle-aged fans live out their childhood dreams of becoming a WWE Superstar by training in the ring, learning how to talk on the microphone, and getting “slammed” by their childhood hero. Vote each week to rate how well contestants are performing inside the ring and help them develop their WWE persona through live online polling.

* Each show features a different WWE Superstar or Diva taking a WWE fan through their workout. Watch as the fan sweats through a routine while learning about different training techniques as well as general workout and nutritional tips for people who are looking to get in shape. Download the show’s free iPhone exercise app, and workout alongside the Superstars, from the comfort of home, as you burn calories and build muscle.

* Amazing Race meets Road Trip as the WWE Universe competes for the ultimate prize; front row tickets to WrestleMania. Teams of WWE fans will travel the country through various challenges and roadblocks to score their chance to witness the greatest live event spectacular in entertainment, WrestleMania. A GPS tracker lets viewers follow the teams, who must use social media to help unlock tasks, get clues, and earn rewards.

* The ultimate behind-the-scenes look into the lives of six Divas as they work, train, and party together across the country in the confines of a tour bus; think Bret Michaels’ Rock of Love Tour meets Road Rules; WWE Diva’s style. How do 6 Divas share one shower? What happens when a jilted lover gets intimate with another Diva on the bus? If you thought there were sparks in The Ring every night, wait until you see what happens on The Bus…(and make sure to watch each week for a special code that unlocks the bus’s live 24/7 webcam!)

* Think Hard Knocks meets 24/7 as we follow the lives of hopeful WWE Superstars and Divas as they work, train, and struggle their way to the main roster. What relationships develop as the personal and professional lives of these young men and women intersect? Who dominates as the “alpha male”? Be a part of their triumphant success or witness the crushing blow of their failure. Who will make it up the ladder? Connect with the trainers during the show to make your opinion known, go online to pull up the live “heat map,” which rates which talents are trending most with fans in social circles, and login to Facebook to access bonus “confessional” footage.

* What match would you like to see the most? What classic WWE moment would you like to relive? You decide! Hosted out of the WWE’s state of the art HD Studio, this is where the WWE Universe programs the show and selects the content through social media voting and polling.

* A series about the romantic relationships in the WWE; showcasing famous relationships of the past between Macho Man Randy Savage and Miss Elizabeth, Stephanie McMahon and HHH, Edge & Lita, Mr. McMahon’s multiple conquests, and more!

* From George “The Animal Steel”, to the likes of Goldust, Mankind, and the Brood, this 10 part series focuses on the careers and back stories of the "oddest" WWE Superstars in WWE history. Who do you think was the WWE’s most unusual character? You can join the conversation through social media and upload your ideas for the most “different” WWE characters.

* From DX imitating the Nation, to Edge and Christian's escapades, to The Rock's classic interviews, this 10 part series highlights the WWE's most hilarious scenes, commentary, and bloopers. You will have the chance to rate these moments through social media and earn points for finding content we might have missed! This program is guaranteed to make you laugh out loud!

* Classic matches from the libraries of the NWA, AWA, WCW, WWE, Smoky Mountain Wrestling, Georgia Championship Wrestling and more, are given a modern day presentation. The bouts of Legends like Bruno Sammartino, Bobo Brazil and Bob Backlund are enhanced with onscreen factoids and interactive interviews that offer a never before seen experience in Sports Entertainment history.

* What happened the night Mr. McMahon’s limo exploded? What happened the night Stone Cold Steve Austin filled Mr. McMahon’s prize corvette with concrete? What incident led to the wedding of Stephanie McMahon and the Undertaker? Relive these classic moments on television and interact via a second screen experience allowing you to unlock exclusive scenes and interviews in a never before seen one hour show. Go back to the water cooler!

The survey is available at http://www.wweresearch.com/se.ashx?s=0B8801400CA890B9

Out of all of them, I like the idea of the programme folowing the whole Road Crew. We've never really seen that side of the Biz, and I think it would interest alot of people, maybe not just Wrestling fans, by letting people see the logistics and in's and out's of how it's all put together.

thejman93
11-11-2011, 07:39 PM
Seen this on the Clark-a-tron.

Out of all of them, I like the idea of the programme folowing the whole Road Crew. We've never really seen that side of the Biz, and I think it would interest alot of people, maybe not just Wrestling fans, by letting people see the logistics and in's and out's of how it's all put together.

As long as the road crew have some personality, then yeah.

24/7, Hard Knocks show would be cool if it followed FCW.

K2Jelly
11-11-2011, 07:44 PM
*rubs hands in anticipation*

A Divas reality program? Hell yes! :cool:

Bodom
11-11-2011, 07:58 PM
Holy crap. I made a thread?

Broc
11-11-2011, 08:01 PM

well it was a year ago, maybe you were different back then lol actually never mind Rich said in this thread "congratulations to bodom for finally making a thread" so I guess not lol

VanHooliganX
11-11-2011, 08:07 PM

We all have an off day pal.

GenJason
11-17-2011, 04:51 PM
Hey everybody, GenJason here! "Long time reader, first time poster". Here is my question: Why is it that every new show listed for the WWE Network has to start with "WWE"? To me that just seems retarded! You don't see FOX or other networks naming EVERY show in their line up with their brand logo!

Stay Tuned for.....

"FOX's The Simpsons"
"FOX's Raising Hope"
"FOX's House"
etc....etc....etc....

You get the idea. Please tell me I'm not the only one who's noticed this. And what's up with that network logo?!? It's garbage!!!

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/2248049/WWE_Network_logo_large.jpg

Y2Jryder
11-17-2011, 04:55 PM
First of all welcome to the EWN,

ontopic: I really don't know

Pumpkinhead
11-17-2011, 04:56 PM
Welcome to the forums!, WWE is used to trademark all his products with the company name so is not a surprise, and it's about time for a new logo

URATOOL
11-17-2011, 05:01 PM
Hey everybody, GenJason here! "Long time reader, first time poster". Here is my question: Why is it that every new show listed for the WWE Network has to start with "WWE"? To me that just seems retarded! You don't see FOX or other networks naming EVERY show in their line up with their brand logo!

Stay Tuned for.....

"FOX's The Simpsons"
"FOX's Raising Hope"
"FOX's House"
etc....etc....etc....

You get the idea. Please tell me I'm not the only one who's noticed this. And what's up with that network logo?!? It's garbage!!!

Possibly because Fox air shows and commission shows. The don't make all their own content. WWE do. So all the content is WWE made.

Oh and welcome. Don't believe half of what you are told about me.

Automatic
11-17-2011, 06:25 PM
It's going to take a few years before this WWE network is up, I can't believe that the network will be running by April, impossible.

Y2Jryder
11-17-2011, 06:29 PM
It's going to take a few years before this WWE network is up, I can't believe that the network will be running by April, impossible.
How are we going to watch It in holland?:p

Automatic
11-17-2011, 06:31 PM
How are we going to watch It in holland?:p

Same way we watch Raw/Smackdown/NXT/Impact/ROH/Indy wrestling now:p.
We download our ass off.

PrimusSucks
11-17-2011, 07:10 PM

WWE is a huge company, they wouldn't announce something like this without having worked on it for a while, they aren't exactly known for announcing stuff that ends up never happening when it comes to programming, or anything that doesn't involve talent.

JLeeDude1892
11-17-2011, 11:46 PM

It's definitely not going to take a few years. They're going to be up and running next year.

steveorton
11-18-2011, 06:44 AM
Welcome to the forums and Happy posting :cool: Are you sure that logo is real :)

AOF666
11-18-2011, 12:51 PM

Stay Tuned for.....

"FOX's The Simpsons"
"FOX's Raising Hope"
"FOX's House"
etc....etc....etc....

Because they have an identity crisis!

Kincaid
11-18-2011, 12:56 PM
Is anyone else bothered by the fact that since WWF became WWE that there is NO E in the damn logo? And people always say stuff like "Here in the WWE" "The WWE this and THE WWE that". Grammatically it makes no sense. You'd be saying "Here in the world wrestling entertainment, I blah blah blah". Wrestlers think it's the same as saying the world wrestling federation. I always depised that. Okay, I'll calm down.

Kincaid
11-18-2011, 12:57 PM
Now that I posted that, I see the E. Lol. But my other argument is valid.

bladesyGTS
11-28-2011, 02:00 PM
With the WWE network just round the corner, anyone else think this could be another XFL??
So i hear WWE are planning on putting PPV's on there, i don't know how much PPV's go for in the states, but surely if this is true there going to lose money??

i'm probably wrong but debate it out!

also anyone know if we get the network in England?? :)

Mtt08 xXx
11-28-2011, 02:10 PM
has it been officially announced that ppv will be on WWE network?

if so, what they'll lose in ppv buyrates, they'll make up in channel subscriptions. they'll get a lot more people subscribing to a channel for a certain amount of time, than they have people that pay 45-55 bucks per ppv

Wrestlinfan608
11-28-2011, 02:39 PM
I don't think there would be any way the WWE would air "live" PPV events, it most likely will be a replay of a recent event or an older PPV

lewism173
11-28-2011, 03:15 PM
I doubt we will get it in the uk man :( , the sky contract is still in for a while I rather we don't have it I aint paying for wwe network and sky sports

bladesyGTS
11-28-2011, 03:17 PM
I doubt we will get it in the uk man :( , the sky contract is still in for a while I rather we don't have it I aint paying for wwe network and sky sports

Good point! they'll probably charge like 5 quid for it! but considering there adding the F1 channel for free... maybe they can do WWE network for free... i'm talking about sky, when do they ever give us anything for 'free'!!

Rilla
11-28-2011, 03:20 PM
might work out actually.

Keep the Big 4 on PPV, and the rest on free TV, more or less. More people will buy the Big 4, thus more money for you, and the money you get from people buying the network.

lewism173
11-28-2011, 03:22 PM
Good point! they'll probably charge like 5 quid for it! but considering there adding the F1 channel for free... maybe they can do WWE network for free... i'm talking about sky, when do they ever give us anything for 'free'!!

there's a f1 channel and it will be free....you just made my dad very happy

Automatic
11-28-2011, 03:25 PM
What I've read is that they want to have the big 4 on PPV and the rest on the WWE network, so kinda adopting the HBO approach. And since it worked out for HBO, it should also work for WWE. But offcourse this is WWE and their booking can screw themselves out of PPV buys.

Rilla
11-28-2011, 03:27 PM
What I've read is that they want to have the big 4 on PPV and the rest on the WWE network, so kinda adopting the HBO approach. And since it worked out for HBO, it should also work for WWE. But offcourse this is WWE and their booking can screw themselves out of PPV buys.

I heard they wanted that, and then heard different. o.o

Automatic
11-28-2011, 03:28 PM
I heard they wanted that, and then heard different. o.o

What did you hear that was different?

Rilla
11-28-2011, 03:31 PM
http://www.sescoops.com/wrestling-news/wwe/wwe-network-launch-date-ppv-strategy-new-shows/

Originally, WWE discussed having the Big 4 pay-per-views (Royal Rumble, WrestleMania, SummerSlam and Survivor Series) – but the latest plan is for the secondary events to air on the network and to cut the PPV schedule from 13 to 4 (the Big 4). WWE makes around $25 million in revenue from WrestleMania and giving that away for free would likely be a disaster for the company. If WWE gave away the Big 4 events free to subscribers of the network – it’s unlikely anybody is paying $45-55 for a Vengeance PPV.
http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=62623&p=1

A survey issued today to WWE fans was devoted to whether they would be willing to change cable providers in order to gain access to the WWE Network that will launch next year.

Interesting to note that the survey noted that the eight secondary WWE PPVs would be featured on the Network, while the top four PPVs (Royal Rumble, Wrestlemania, Survivor Series, Summerslam) would not be, a stark difference from the original floated plans - but as we noted at the time here on the site, lots of ideas are being tossed out there as they build what the network will eventually morph into.

URATOOL
11-28-2011, 03:36 PM

Logic fail!

Automatic
11-28-2011, 03:39 PM
http://www.sescoops.com/wrestling-news/wwe/wwe-network-launch-date-ppv-strategy-new-shows/

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=62623&p=1

Oh that, the big 4 on WWE network and the rest on PPV. That would've bombed hard. I think they also realized that or were just testing the waters, because I heard they were doing surveys, based off that idea.

Cynicism
11-28-2011, 03:41 PM
Sky does seem to be very random in what they give for free and what they charge for. Have considered losing a load of the channels recently but then I find myself watching them just at a random time. They seem to have my sub through fear I might miss something without there being anything in particular that I think I will miss

bladesyGTS
11-28-2011, 03:45 PM
there's a f1 channel and it will be free....you just made my dad very happy

Haha well when i found out it was free it also made me very happen! :) Viva la Fernando!

bladesyGTS
11-28-2011, 03:50 PM
Logic fail!

Ok, Ok maybe i worded that long, to get the 'F1 channel' you have to be a sky sports subscriber or subscribed the the HD pack, which both are not cheap at all, hence why i put it as 'free'

HCollins-TNA1
11-29-2011, 03:08 PM
With the WWE network just round the corner, anyone else think this could be another XFL??
So i hear WWE are planning on putting PPV's on there, i don't know how much PPV's go for in the states, but surely if this is true there going to lose money??

i'm probably wrong but debate it out!

also anyone know if we get the network in England?? :)

The Smaller PPVs that don't get no viewers it may work..... With TV you have sponsors that want to buy or place a ad.... Maybe even Wrestlemania on Free TV instead of Pay-pre-view...
What if Wrestlemania was free on basic cable TV would it produce numbers like the NBA or MLB or NFL playoffs, would it produce number like the the Superbowl or World Series or such as????

Mtt08 xXx
11-29-2011, 06:18 PM
The Smaller PPVs that don't get no viewers it may work..... With TV you have sponsors that want to buy or place a ad.... Maybe even Wrestlemania on Free TV instead of Pay-pre-view...
What if Wrestlemania was free on basic cable TV would it produce numbers like the NBA or MLB or NFL playoffs, would it produce number like the the Superbowl or World Series or such as????
that could be huge for the WWE because it'll draw more fans. however I don't see them making wrestlemania free. I honestly see the big four on PPV, and the rest on the WWE network

jelle1809
11-30-2011, 03:47 AM
I don't think there would be any way the WWE would air "live" PPV events, it most likely will be a replay of a recent event or an older PPV

^^^^^^
I also believe this. If they play PPV's! The only thing I read about it, is that they'll only air Wresltemania 28 live to hype the network.

hankamania83
12-26-2011, 05:37 PM
Maybe this has already been answered or talked about, but I was thinking about Raw and Smackdown, and the new network. So the question is, does anybody know if Raw and Smackdown will be live on the new Network when it starts up? or does the WWE have long contracts with USA, and SYFY?

Also another question of mine is, does anybody know if this network will be available for EVERYONE with cable or will it be like the WWE on demand thing, with only select area's having it. I live in Ohio, and the WWE on demand was never offered in my area the whole time of its existence. If I don't get this network I will more than likely go postal, or get signs that say I want my WWE Network!!! and stand in front of my cable company's place of business.

Giddy
12-26-2011, 05:53 PM
I'm pretty sure they're going to air live on USA and SyFy, then have replays on the WWE network.
Not positive, but I'm pretty sure

wrestlingfan66513
12-26-2011, 06:37 PM
they will still stay on USA and SyFy that would risk their ratings putting everything on one channel. Replays will be on the WWE network

hankamania83
12-26-2011, 10:08 PM
What about the availability of the Network?

bu s3ud
12-30-2011, 04:44 PM
will the wwe shows ( raw, sd, ppv ) be exlusive for the network ? appreciate the help & thanks

Soul of Y2Jryder
12-30-2011, 04:46 PM
It will be stupid if it isn't

TTC
12-30-2011, 04:47 PM
From what I've heard they will not be.

thejman93
12-30-2011, 04:50 PM
PPVs are up in the air from what I've heard but RAW and SD are definitely staying put.

Automatic
12-30-2011, 04:50 PM
No, only the B PPV's.

CobraNightviper
12-30-2011, 08:23 PM
What is a B ppv?

Rassling_Fan
12-30-2011, 08:29 PM
What is a B ppv?

Any PPV not Wrestlemania, Royal Rumble, Summerslam or Survivor Series.

Wrestlinfan608
12-30-2011, 09:58 PM
WWE finally getting rid of the pointless PPVS

Automatic
12-31-2011, 09:09 AM
WWE finally getting rid of the pointless PPVS

Nothing will change in the WWE, just some of the Sunday PPV's will be Sunday Supershow's or something like that.
Booking wise nothing will change in the WWE. 1 month build-up to a PPV.

Cabers
12-31-2011, 03:06 PM
Yea this thread isn't needed anymore all has been answered.

nickp
12-31-2011, 05:39 PM
WWE is considering moving it's "B-show" pay-per-views -- every show not named Royal Rumble, WrestleMania, SummerSlam and Survivor Series -- to the network

HCollins-TNA1
01-12-2012, 11:38 PM
With news of it April debut getting pushed back to the fall gives me reasons to believe the WWE is having trouble getting cable companies behind the pick up of the network..... If this is the case it could be a big bomb that could take lots of money away from the WWE if it a failure....
Myself I would like to see the WWE network succeed, with all the wrestling videos they own, reliving classic moments from the 70s, 80s and 90s and so on.... Time will tell if it a success or not I guess!!
Thoughts and opinions.....

SmarkySmark
01-13-2012, 12:16 AM
It's all about the programming. If they can come up with a handful of watchable shows, this thing could be a real success. Here's some suggestions:

- "Cenation Station," an all-Cena two-hour special that comes on every day right after school. Hopefully this would distract the Cena fanbase long enough to establish a few other megastars.
- "CM PUNK'd," a video diary following the adventures of CM Punk as he ribs the shit out of WWE employees as an homage to Owen Hart.
- "Jake the Snake-Charmer," basically Jackass but with an actual jackass.
- "Drill a Diva," an in-ring work-out series where Kelly Kelly teaches aspiring divas how to run the ropes properly.

Please do not take any of these suggestions seriously. :)

Robstar
01-13-2012, 12:52 AM
What seems to be most alarming is that the WWE has seemingly spent more time copyrighting names for shows and less in coming up with actual content. It would be such a bad look if they debut with just Raw, Smackdown, Vintage Collection, Superstars and NXT to show.

They could always show old XFL games. ;) But doesn't this remind you of that little venture, just a little bit?

In my mind, this is what they need;
*WWE House of Legends - obviously you'd need some good personalities to make this watchable. Piper, Iron Sheik etc
*Tough Enough - a new series, plus there's always re-runs in the vault
*A talk show - hosted randomly by some of your better talkers, old and new, like Punk, Cena, Jericho, Piper again, JR, The King etc; they'd interview a variety of rookies, superstars and celebrities. Although I'd favour one solid regular host.
*PPV's of the Past - show from start to finish old PPV's. (I see they already plan to do something like this with Wrestlemania - but only over 3 episodes - WTF?)
*Wrestling History - a show that focus' on one superstar of the past each episode and their career highlights
*Reach out to some of the International promotions to air their shows (unlikely, I know but it'd be great)

There just some ideas off the top of my head

HCollins-TNA1
01-13-2012, 02:52 AM
What seems to be most alarming is that the WWE has seemingly spent more time copyrighting names for shows and less in coming up with actual content. It would be such a bad look if they debut with just Raw, Smackdown, Vintage Collection, Superstars and NXT to show.

They could always show old XFL games. ;) But doesn't this remind you of that little venture, just a little bit?

In my mind, this is what they need;
*WWE House of Legends - obviously you'd need some good personalities to make this watchable. Piper, Iron Sheik etc
*Tough Enough - a new series, plus there's always re-runs in the vault
*A talk show - hosted randomly by some of your better talkers, old and new, like Punk, Cena, Jericho, Piper again, JR, The King etc; they'd interview a variety of rookies, superstars and celebrities. Although I'd favour one solid regular host.
*PPV's of the Past - show from start to finish old PPV's. (I see they already plan to do something like this with Wrestlemania - but only over 3 episodes - WTF?)
*Wrestling History - a show that focus' on one superstar of the past each episode and their career highlights
*Reach out to some of the International promotions to air their shows (unlikely, I know but it'd be great)

There just some ideas off the top of my head
Don't forget WWE Films.... They have over dozen movies...

Maybe a behind the scenes show, something like the News magazines shows... Follow the wrestlers that is appearing on the late night talk shows or doing radio or such...
Late at night instead of the infomercials, have WWEshop .com show for 2 hours or so... or a mix of both...

Murphdogg4
01-13-2012, 02:58 AM
they are going to have to get a lot more IWCier to fill time on that channel thats for sure. The one thing I fear is they will do a full on blitz on my favorite Youtube channels and get rid of all the classic wrestling stuff I watch on there.

Robstar
01-13-2012, 03:04 AM
I have another great idea! Let ME host the talk show! That would be fucking aces, man. WWE, you can contact me via this website :) :) ;)

Murphdogg4
01-13-2012, 03:36 AM
I have another great idea! Let ME host the talk show! That would be fucking aces, man. WWE, you can contact me via this website :) :) ;)

your going to need a side kick to laugh at stuff and say a catch phrase..I've been practicing..HEEEEEY NOWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!

Murphdogg4
01-13-2012, 03:39 AM
I just pissed my pants a little with a idea I just had. What if they started airing NOAH, or NJPW or All japan..or hell all three dubbed in English to fill air time? I'd be so by god happy I do believe I'd shat myself.

LegendsMadeWrestling
01-13-2012, 03:46 AM
I have to say is WWE Network = XFL

Cabers
01-13-2012, 05:40 AM
I can see this network either taking off or bombing within a year.

HCollins-TNA1
01-13-2012, 11:12 AM
I can see this network either taking off or bombing within a year.
I see the same thing, I believe that is a big part of the reason they moved the start date of the network to the fall... Like I said I believe cable rights hasn't been cleared all the way....

HCollins-TNA1
01-20-2012, 02:51 AM
Thinking wouldn't Legend House be like Hogan knows Best, but without Hulks friends and kids????

Iron Ape
01-20-2012, 02:54 AM
Thinking wouldn't Legend House be like Hogan knows Best, but without Hulks friends and kids????
No, it would be like The Surreal Life, with old wrestlers instead of D-list celebrities.

Robstar
01-20-2012, 03:33 PM
Hey Ape did you see they got The Iron Sheik for the show? I'm definetly looking forward to hearing about his antics, alas, we probably won't get the show or network here so reading about it is the best I will get.

Iron Ape
01-21-2012, 07:32 PM
Hey Ape did you see they got The Iron Sheik for the show? I'm definetly looking forward to hearing about his antics, alas, we probably won't get the show or network here so reading about it is the best I will get.
I'm not sure that the Sheik we all love from his hilarious Youtube adventures is going to be The Sheik we get in the Legends House. For starters, he's apparently on some medication now that has mellowed him out a great deal. The big thing, though, is that Sheik always seems to be quite respectful, if not downright ass-kissy, when he's around "the boys". For all the shit he talks about Hogan, Sheiky Baby sort of melts like butter when he's actually in his presence. Plus, I sincerely doubt that guys like Piper and Sgt. Slaughter are going to purposefully wind him up like that exploitative slimeball ("good for nothing Jew") Eric Simms.

Of course, a refrigerator full of cold beer could change everything.

Robstar
01-21-2012, 07:40 PM
And a pipe full of crack, don't forget. They're going to want to do something to make it interesting to watch.

Do you think they'll screen the old Hulk Hogan's Rock n'Wrestling cartoon from the 80's. That was so shite it was good

Iron Ape
01-21-2012, 07:56 PM
And a pipe full of crack, don't forget. They're going to want to do something to make it interesting to watch.
Heh. Yeah, somehow I don't see that garnering good press for the network. ;)

And fortunately for Sheik (and everyone in his vicinity, I imagine), he quit being a rock star a couple of years back.

Do you think they'll screen the old Hulk Hogan's Rock n'Wrestling cartoon from the 80's. That was so shite it was good
I want to see an inebriated Sheik watching him some Thunder in Paradise, only someone needs to convince him beforehand that it's actually a documentary filmed in real time.

RE Punk
01-27-2012, 02:28 PM
Maybe they can bring back the XFL too LMAO!

Kryptonite
01-28-2012, 05:04 AM
Maybe they can bring back the XFL too LMAO!
That would be so awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

InRite
02-02-2012, 08:09 AM
That would be so awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yea to be honest I never really watched it that often when it was on, but I still dont know why it went under. My only guess is Vinny Mac wanted to have eyes on it at all times just like he does with WWE and with everything that was happening with wrestling at that time he just didn't have enough time to devote to the XFL. IMO if they had brought in people to run and market it, and taken Vince out of the picture, that could have been a big money maker for them.

Dr. Death
02-03-2012, 06:34 PM
The XFL was a lost cause, the Lingerie Football League gets better ratings.

xAzureSkye
02-03-2012, 06:38 PM
The XFL was a lost cause, the Lingerie Football League gets better ratings.

for obvious reasons :D

Kryptonite
02-15-2012, 01:11 PM
i like to eat cookies when i'm at work..

bearkg88
02-15-2012, 05:39 PM
i like to eat cookies when i'm at work..
And what do cookies and you at work have to do with the WWE Network?

Kryptonite
02-16-2012, 01:21 AM
And what do cookies and you at work have to do with the WWE Network?
maybe they have cookies backstage?!

HCollins-TNA1
03-03-2012, 02:12 PM
My big question right now is..... if the WWE Network doesn't become reality this year or ever, how much will it cost them????

bearkg88
03-03-2012, 11:47 PM
My big question right now is..... if the WWE Network doesn't become reality this year or ever, how much will it cost them????

I honestly hope it does become a reality. It would nice to be able to have a channel solely dedicated to WWE. But my guess is, if it doesn't come to fruition it'll be a dent in their bank big time

K3zi4
03-04-2012, 11:42 AM
Sorry if this has already been touched on, but if WWE was only shown on its own network, could that mean the end of the PG era?

bearkg88
03-04-2012, 01:15 PM
Sorry if this has already been touched on, but if WWE was only shown on its own network, could that mean the end of the PG era?

Good question. My guess is yes and no. I think alot of the programming would be PG, but like how alot of channels have G or PG stuff on throughout the day, and more gratuitous stuff on late night, I could see that happening