PDA

View Full Version : "we're all out of time on Impact!"

Angle24
11-18-2010, 11:10 PM
They say this EVERY week! You'd think they would adjust so they don't run out of time. Bafoons!:confused:

Silverdust
11-18-2010, 11:11 PM
How would you change the situation?

Dameduse823
11-18-2010, 11:12 PM
How would you change the situation?

Cut out the hour and a half of hogan and bishoff talking?

Silverdust
11-18-2010, 11:14 PM
Cut out the hour and a half of hogan and bishoff talking?

Don't you think that's Dixie's job?

Bodom
11-18-2010, 11:15 PM

Do you think that's Dixies job?

IPEEINTHESHOWER
11-18-2010, 11:17 PM

Here is a little wisdom, They make TNA impact go over so they can claim bigger (hourly) ratings for TNA reaction. They aren't the first to do this -coughRAWcough- Better hourly ratings=bigger sponsors + bigger money

Silverdust
11-18-2010, 11:19 PM
Here is a little wisdom, They make TNA impact go over so they can claim bigger (hourly) ratings for TNA reaction. They aren't the first to do this -coughRAWcough- Better hourly ratings=bigger sponsors + bigger money

Your wisdom shines on us all. How do you do it?

Bodom
11-18-2010, 11:19 PM
Your wisdom shines on us all. How do you do it?

How do you think he does it?

Dameduse823
11-18-2010, 11:38 PM

Do you think she knows that is her job?

Form a business point of view of course it makes sense, but it only gets them higher hourly ratings if the shit during that hour is remotely watchable

SilverLace
11-19-2010, 12:23 AM
You must work for TV production

Splattered-Dreams
11-21-2010, 05:21 AM
Form a business point of view of course it makes sense, but it only gets them higher hourly ratings if the shit during that hour is remotely watchable

It would only make sense from a business point of view if reAction aired in countries outside of North America. Most of the world is missing the end of Impact every week... that's just awful business.

Also, iMpact airs in the UK on a Saturday nightt from 11pm - 1am. Which means its competing against "Match of the Day" - a weekly round up of all the Premiership goals, which runs weekly from 10:30pm - 00:00. Not many people will change their saturday night routine (Hell, I watch MotD every Saturday without fail) for TNA, so they need to be smart and work around the UK's schedule. Raw and SD! don't really collide with anything anywhere near as popular as MotD (its an English institution) so their ratings don't suffer. If TNA want to succeed in Europe and the UK, they need to start airing iMpact on Thursdays - the same day it airs in the US, otherwise it will get horrible ratings every week. reAction could follow?

Kashdinero
11-22-2010, 07:26 PM
It would only make sense from a business point of view if reAction aired in countries outside of North America. Most of the world is missing the end of Impact every week... that's just awful business.

Also, iMpact airs in the UK on a Saturday nightt from 11pm - 1am. Which means its competing against "Match of the Day" - a weekly round up of all the Premiership goals, which runs weekly from 10:30pm - 00:00. Not many people will change their saturday night routine (Hell, I watch MotD every Saturday without fail) for TNA, so they need to be smart and work around the UK's schedule. Raw and SD! don't really collide with anything anywhere near as popular as MotD (its an English institution) so their ratings don't suffer. If TNA want to succeed in Europe and the UK, they need to start airing iMpact on Thursdays - the same day it airs in the US, otherwise it will get horrible ratings every week. reAction could follow?

Thank god for sky plus!! I don't think I've ever seen TNA as it's broadcast. Usually a few days/weeks after it's aired!

Once again you make a good point. I personally know more than a few people who would watch it if it didn't clash with MOTD.

davie grace
11-24-2010, 12:54 AM
the refs/wreslers seem to have bad timing for matches

Splattered-Dreams
11-24-2010, 04:33 AM
Thank god for sky plus!! I don't think I've ever seen TNA as it's broadcast. Usually a few days/weeks after it's aired!

Once again you make a good point. I personally know more than a few people who would watch it if it didn't clash with MOTD.

Lots of my friends feel the same way..! With Bravo going, hopefully a different channel will give us a different timeslot

Kashdinero
11-24-2010, 05:04 AM
Lots of my friends feel the same way..! With Bravo going, hopefully a different channel will give us a different timeslot

apparently bravo is shutting down Jan 1 ; (

Forget the fact that TNA is shown on bravo i'm just pi$$ed it's sutting down full stop. Bravo has been an awesome channel over the years!

Extreme sports is the likely choice. Whats the bet no one there will notice the clash with MOTD and air it in exactly the same timeslot lol

Splattered-Dreams
11-24-2010, 05:08 AM
apparently bravo is shutting down Jan 1 ; (

Forget the fact that TNA is shown on bravo i'm just pi$$ed it's sutting down full stop. Bravo has been an awesome channel over the years!

Extreme sports is the likely choice. Whats the bet no one there will notice the clash with MOTD and air it in exactly the same timeslot lol

I'm willing to bet on that! Remember that channel TNT, which used to show Nitro? Thats been gone for ages, t'was a good channel too!

Kashdinero
11-24-2010, 05:36 AM
I'm willing to bet on that! Remember that channel TNT, which used to show Nitro? Thats been gone for ages, t'was a good channel too!

Nitro and Thunder were awesome in their heyday. I nearly passed out when I first stumbled upon Nitro on TNT.

Going even further back do you remember when the living channel used to show WCCW on a sunday afternoon back around 90-92 (I think)

Splattered-Dreams
11-24-2010, 08:13 AM
Nitro and Thunder were awesome in their heyday. I nearly passed out when I first stumbled upon Nitro on TNT.

Going even further back do you remember when the living channel used to show WCCW on a sunday afternoon back around 90-92 (I think)

I was VERY young then, so no!

Kashdinero
11-25-2010, 06:41 PM
I was VERY young then, so no!

I'm feeling OOOLLLDDD!!!

TheBeardOfZeus
11-25-2010, 06:54 PM
I can remember finding WCW on TNT, but i must've been about 6 and wondering what it was and where is The Rock haha.

I digress, is this what they do on iMPACT! in England then? I never catch it, and knowing it first airs during MOTD i never will.

Thats an idiotic move, and its pretty much fail for any business here and other foreign coutries, all i see is TNA being extinct with Bravo next year atm.

Kashdinero
11-26-2010, 05:03 AM
Fingers crossed for that announcement concerning a new channel picking up Impact and (hopefully) reaction.

Splattered-Dreams
11-27-2010, 07:54 AM
Fingers crossed for that announcement concerning a new channel picking up Impact and (hopefully) reaction.

Definitely, and that other Superstars-style show, can't remember what its called. Wouldnt mind seeing that over here too.

So Zeus, you didn't even know Impact was on because you're waching MOTD? ULTIMATE fail by TNA :p what the hell! I'm lucky that I have sky player on my xbox, I just catch it on sundays (but its hard going that long without seeing a spoiler!)

Kashdinero
12-06-2010, 03:48 AM
If your on about xplosion then I think it's already on extreme sports.

Lowki
12-11-2010, 08:26 AM
It doesn't help that TNA are pre recorded en masse. Spoilers ruin 2-3 weeks worth of tapings for me.

Bravo's shows haven't been announced as being dropped btw. When they buy the channel, they buy the rights to air whatever shows they own until the current contract ends or it gets dropped. Though it will more than likely get dropped... i can't see WWE allowing them to put TNA on a sky labelled channel. Plus Sky are in the process of gaining UFC - They already own the rights to TUF 12 onwards.