PDA

View Full Version : PPV Youtube Pre-Show

jelle1809
08-30-2012, 12:22 PM
I think I have a scenario worked out to make the Pre-Shows of WWE PPV's much more meaningful and promising. Keep in mind that for this scenario every active championship is supposed to be on the line during the PPV.

How about WWE keeping it a suprise as to who will appear on the 30min. Night Of Champions Pre-show. Let Michael Cole state at two weeks from before that there still is no full match-up announced for that evening. Only one man: Jinder Mahal, Cole as heel lover finds this very strange and disrespectfull as he keeps asking to both Jerry Lawler and Josh Matthews "What do you think will happen with that match?" Which off course they also do not know.

The next week, we see AJ standing in the interview area with Matt striker. Striker states, "AJ, as of now the wwe universe is kept suprise for who will be Jinder Mahal's opponent during the Night Of Champions Pre-Show. Can you tell us who that will be?" AJ responds with a no. But immediatly adds "All the wwe universe needs to know is that it'll be a match they are definetly going to love."

The final episode of Smackdown before Night Of Champions, Jinder Mahal has a match against two local competitors and wins it without any problem. After match he grabs a microfone and states that he has been booked for a match at the PPV but does not get to know who his opponent will be. He states that it is a disrepectfull thing to do to your talents but that is not suprised as this is the American way of living. Massive boo's and USA chants breaks out of the audience.

Then all of a sudden the lights go out and after a few seconds of silence Dusty Rhodes comes out with Seth Rollins, carrying the NXT title. Rhodes reminds us that at Night Of Champions every Championship should be on the line. And that therefor Seth Rollins was his opponent all the time. The two superstars brawl for a little bit with Rollins eventually getting the better of Mahal before Mahal escapes through an enjoyed crowd that still goes for a massive USA chant.

This will make not only the build-up and quality to the Pre-Shows much better, but also gives NXT a chance to shine.
Your thoughts?

Automatic
08-30-2012, 12:29 PM
It's booked the other way around.

The gimmick of the PPV is that every title is defended, thus you can't announce Jinder Mahal for the PPV.

I also think NXT guys should debut on their own. Not with the NXT stigma on them. NXT has been off TV for longer than a year now. The mass audience would be oblivious to a NXT champion.

Also: Fantasy booking.

#BITW
08-30-2012, 12:34 PM
zack ryder should fight mahal

jelle1809
08-30-2012, 02:10 PM
zack ryder should fight mahal
Any thoughts on why?

Welcome to the forums btw.

#BITW
08-30-2012, 03:19 PM
Any thoughts on why?

Welcome to the forums btw.
ok that comment was a joke :p but your idea is pretty good. I think we need someone new like rollins on this stale roster and that would surprise everyone.