PDA

View Full Version : Bully Ray (and Devon, too)

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
08-29-2012, 09:47 PM
If the reports are true, it is a damn shame that Bully Ray is leaving TNA. He has been the best heel in mainstream wrestling all summer and, in my opinion, deserves a title run sometime in the near future. Obviously, we can only speculate on what the negotiations were like but I have to think that Ray saw the offer and had WWE money in mind. To TNA's defense, he is up there in age and does not have too many years left in the ring so I think giving him too much would be a mistake.

I can see The Dudley's making a comeback in the WWE as their tag team division is on the upswing (can't get much lower) but I am not sure if I want that. I feel that going to WWE and reusing their old gimmick, especially on a regular basis, would be a step back considering how gold Bully is as this heel character.

Knowing the E', they see dollars sign in 3D merchandise so their single runs will come to an end.

Thoughts?

Dameduse823
08-29-2012, 09:50 PM
I would love to see the Dudleys back in WWE but the question is with this lawsuit will wwe be able to hire them any time soon?

DK Wrestling Savior
08-29-2012, 09:55 PM
I would hate the Dudleys in WWE. First, because I don't watch WWE anymore. Second, Bully Ray and Devon are both doing great right now. And I don't think there's an issue with the contracts at all. If there was, Bully wouldn't be the top heel right now, and wouldn't get much screen time. Not to mention, I'm calling that he's the one behind Aces & Eights. But mostly, because WWE would job them out, and that would be a disservice.

loudpack
08-29-2012, 09:57 PM
WWE's tag division could use them, they can put a couple teams over then get the titles. From there give them a run and once they lose the titles they can repeat the cycle. As you said they have a couple years left in them so I suspect a wwe return, if not they should help start a new promotion.

Darkside Ron Garvin
08-29-2012, 10:00 PM
If they depart it will be a bad decision for Bully and a great one for Devon. Bully loses any chance at becoming a WHC, since the E will simply put them back together to try and give credibility to the PTP's and select few involved in their tag division. If they were to add Bully into the singles division, I don't see his "I'm a Bully" character playing well in the land of "Be A Star" other than jobbing out to Rey Rey.

Either way, I give the guys credit where it is due. They deserve whatever they get because everyone knows how dedicated they are to this industry. I wish them the best in whatever path they choose, but I truly hope that this is just a ploy to get Bully and Devon off TV for a while, give them some rest, and get them back asap. Devon's title run has suffered thanks to the BFG series, and as much as it will hurt the Bully Nation momentum, I think Ray would return in 4-6 months without losing as much steam as you'd expect.

bartish2
08-29-2012, 10:22 PM
it is a big loss. But knowing wwe marks they will justify tna guys to go to wwe but other way around and its "taking all the reject drug addicts"

Darkside Ron Garvin
08-29-2012, 10:30 PM
it is a big loss. But knowing wwe marks they will justify tna guys to go to wwe but other way around and its "taking all the reject drug addicts"

No, they will justify that they are "WWE guys" when in all honesty, they are WWF guys who came from ECW. Either way, you are right. When they return, WWE fans will say "they came back so they could be paid" and then bash on them a year or two later for "being stale" or "not being able to draw" since that's most "WWE fans" way of saying that people are no longer of value these days.

bartish2
08-29-2012, 10:46 PM
No, they will justify that they are "WWE guys" when in all honesty, they are WWF guys who came from ECW. Either way, you are right. When they return, WWE fans will say "they came back so they could be paid" and then bash on them a year or two later for "being stale" or "not being able to draw" since that's most "WWE fans" way of saying that people are no longer of value these days.

exactly. anyways though, losing d-von & bully is a really big loss... they are great guys for tna

body slam
08-29-2012, 11:32 PM
I'm pretty sure I saw in this site not to long ago that they resigned with TNA.

Sahu
08-30-2012, 12:49 AM
Losing Bully ray and Devon is loss for TNA..Team 3D helped TNA in building up the tag team division and at one point TNA had one of teh best tag team divisions in the world...

After their break up and when they entered singles action, they did a great job and Bully Ray in particular became the MOST entertaining heel of this period...

Also, their wrestling school will give great young n up coming talent to the what ever company they go...

They are huge with Attitude Era fans and also with the current fans...Moreover, they cannot be used better anywhere than in TNA..

n Bully Ray is in main event and I do not think he can get that status anywhere else..not in WWE for sure...

Hope, they take a time OFF and come back to TNA..

PSOjedi
08-30-2012, 03:11 AM
I would love to see the Dudleyz back in WWE to help the Tag Team Division, but I don't think this will happen. First, as WWE is PG, Ray & Devon would not be as great as they really are. Second, I think both want to do something on their own actually and as I could see Bully Ray alone in the WWE, I don't think Devon would have a push. I read somewhere, that Vince's preference goes to Devon, but even with that I don't think he would do something really interesting if he was put on his own.

I really hope Bully Ray will stay in TNA and have a run as WHC, because I'm sure he will do a great job.

westy
08-30-2012, 05:09 AM
NO!!!

If this is true then a damm shame. Bully is a great heel, very intimidating, a big name, and a great tag team wrestler.

Devon, the current TV champion, again massive pops from the crowd. They love him. If this is true, then TNA are in trouble. If they think letting guys like Shelly, Team 3D leave, but keep guys like Garret and others around, then it makes no sense.

How much they were asking for I don't know, but they were worth it I think.

Xosanj
08-30-2012, 10:57 AM
Conflicted with this hugely. I miss the table i miss team 3D, but love what Bully is doing......Tho if i was the wwe i wouldn't right out the gate stick them back as team 3D. wwe had already tried and copy a tna gimmick with the beautiful people. They cant be that big on themselfs to not see how much a great heel Bully is.

And i know that they are doing the whole be a star thing with wwe and i am sure they would think having bullys character as a bad thing....but really if i was them Bully would be super golden to help push that a lil bit....tho thinking about it they would then job him out to everyone >< but would love to see Bullys character Feud with alot of the faces on wwe. Hed be the best heel easy.

As for Devon man would rather have him as U.S champion than guy whose promo are just him saying one word over in differnet languages

Tommy Thunder
08-30-2012, 11:12 AM
TNA have shot themselves in the foot here.
I'm not surprised one bit that Ray's not been convinced to stay, since it's a bit of a joke that he's still not won the TNA World title given how great he's been since going solo.
And given that they're both like real life brothers, if you fail to sign one, you lose them both.

I'm not sure how they'd fit in in the current WWE tag division. It's no doubt a division that's on the up, but sticking them in there in it's current state would be like having The Rock competing for the US title or something. They'd be like mavericks among far lesser competition.

Anyway, WWE won't sign them until the TNA/WWE lawsuit is resolved, so they have until then to keep rebuilding the division so that when they're able to come in, the current teams would be closer to their level.

The_Socal_Guy
08-30-2012, 11:38 AM
I would hate the Dudleys in WWE. First, because I don't watch WWE anymore. Second, Bully Ray and Devon are both doing great right now. And I don't think there's an issue with the contracts at all. If there was, Bully wouldn't be the top heel right now, and wouldn't get much screen time. Not to mention, I'm calling that he's the one behind Aces & Eights. But mostly, because WWE would job them out, and that would be a disservice.

No WWE would not job them out. Team 3D is what would bring back tag team matches. Even if they brought them back in single's matches. WWE is not going to job them out. It's always about contracts. If it was not about contracts then why would they be talking about leaving?

Xpacfan
08-30-2012, 12:40 PM
WTF TNA?! First Matt Morgan, then The Beautiful People, now this?! How the hell do they just let talents like this slip away!

Bully Ray especially. I was really enjoying his heel push! :(

Bodom
08-30-2012, 01:03 PM
Bully Ray leaving would be a huge blow to TNA.

Not so much Devon.

John Lonce
08-30-2012, 01:25 PM

Bully is not behind Aces & Eights....write this down....it is.....Somoa Joe!!! Notice he has been a part of NOTHING with Aces & Eights yet????

TheDevilsAdvocate
08-30-2012, 01:33 PM
Bully is not behind Aces & Eights....write this down....it is.....Somoa Joe!!! Notice he has been a part of NOTHING with Aces & Eights yet????

That's a clever thought. I never actually saw it that way until' you said this. It would definitely put Joe back on top if he was secretly pulling the puppet strings of Aces & Eights.

Xosanj
08-30-2012, 02:14 PM
HOly hell that makes sense Somoa joe sure the hell anit been part much of anything with them

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
08-30-2012, 03:00 PM

Daniels, Kaz, Chavo and loads of other people have not been apart either.

supergoing
08-30-2012, 03:03 PM
Don't really have anything to add, but...

"Bully Ray (and Devon, too)" <--- pretty much sums up their entire careers, innit? Devon's such an obvious Garfunkel/Jannetty.

Bodom
08-30-2012, 03:04 PM
Daniels, Kaz, Chavo and loads of other people have not been apart either.

Alex Silva has been mysteriously absent.........

Bodom
08-30-2012, 03:05 PM
Don't really have anything to add, but...

"Bully Ray (and Devon, too)" <--- pretty much sums up their entire careers, innit? Devon's such an obvious Garfunkel/Jannetty.

He'll always be the guy that got the table.

Cabers
08-30-2012, 03:08 PM
Serious loss for TNA with Bully leaving the only thing i do hope is that when Devon leaves they forget to ask for the TV championship back a good way to get rid of it!!!

Automatic
08-30-2012, 03:13 PM
Bully will be a pretty big loss, if he leaves. He stays over no matter what happens to him.
Well, Devon was at least more durable than Jannetty.
It's not bad to be in Devon's position. He had a really nice career.

TheDevilsAdvocate
08-30-2012, 03:42 PM
Bully will be a pretty big loss, if he leaves. He stays over no matter what happens to him.
Well, Devon was at least more durable than Jannetty.
It's not bad to be in Devon's position. He had a really nice career.

I thought they were both equally brutal in their matches. TNA just focused more on Bully, and part of me was cringing about the thought of the whole Marty Jennetty scenario.

John Lonce
08-30-2012, 04:10 PM
That's a clever thought. I never actually saw it that way until' you said this. It would definitely put Joe back on top if he was secretly pulling the puppet strings of Aces & Eights.

Another thing that makes me think Joe is, I think it was 3 weeks ago or so, that 'interruption' of Taz and Tenay when he grabbed a headset and went off.

body slam
08-30-2012, 04:44 PM
So I assume Devon drops the TV title tonight.

Joe has been attached.

Darkside Ron Garvin
08-30-2012, 07:51 PM
Joe has been attached.

What was he attached to? Me I am attached to Oranges. I friggin love those things

thedag
08-30-2012, 08:41 PM
bully isnt the leader its dlo brown.

PSOjedi
08-31-2012, 04:07 AM
Bully Ray seemed very concerned about Austin Aries, after he got hit behind the head at the end of impact yesterday !!!!!

Don't you find this weird, especially with the history they have ?
I hope Creative's are not trying to turn Bully Ray face again......

matt1tude
08-31-2012, 07:13 AM
It's simple really for Bully Ray, Join WWE and get shoved back in a tag team and add more meaningless numbers to your tag title reigns because WWE doesn't transfer over gimmicks that Vince didn't create or stick with TNA and continue being one their biggest stars and get a WHC reign on resume.

Ray has done well for himself since splitting up from Devon thanks to TNA for letting him do what he does best, being the most hated and yet best heel in business. He is as good at working the crowd from a heel perspective as The Rock can from as a face. Those of you that have seen his heel work in ECW knows what im talking about.

#BITW
08-31-2012, 09:03 AM
It's simple really for Bully Ray, Join WWE and get shoved back in a tag team and add more meaningless numbers to your tag title reigns because WWE doesn't transfer over gimmicks that Vince didn't create or stick with TNA and continue being one their biggest stars and get a WHC reign on resume.

Ray has done well for himself since splitting up from Devon thanks to TNA for letting him do what he does best, being the most hated and yet best heel in business. He is as good at working the crowd from a heel perspective as The Rock can from as a face. Those of you that have seen his heel work in ECW knows what im talking about.
knowing wwe they will turn him a crappy ass face and make him job.

Rockstar83
08-31-2012, 06:37 PM
Bully Ray in WWE with that name would be funny... I'd think they would work backstage more the in ring if they really show back up in WWE.

peppermill25
09-03-2012, 06:17 PM
Seeing how his contract has expired for TNA. Do you guys see a D-von wwe return ever happening? Perhaps a team 3D return in the future?

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
09-09-2012, 01:44 AM
Seeing how his contract has expired for TNA. Do you guys see a D-von wwe return ever happening? Perhaps a team 3D return in the future?

Not on camera as a singles guy.