PDA

View Full Version : Showdown! Appreciation thread.

TheDevilsAdvocate
08-29-2012, 03:13 PM
Since the show thread was closed for some reason unbeknownst to me. I'm opening this thread for banter so that SD! can be read by viewers.

No_1eddiefan
08-29-2012, 03:14 PM
Since the show thread was closed for some reason unbeknownst to me. I'm opening this thread for banter so that SD! can be read by viewers.

Broc & Sully was posting in it. It should have been re-opened, surely?

TheDevilsAdvocate
08-29-2012, 03:15 PM
Broc & Sully was posting in it. It should have been re-opened, surely?

Is that the reason? If so then I will just reopen the show thread.

Rated_R(ob)KO
08-29-2012, 03:18 PM
Damn... and here JMan was posting the show in the regular thread lol...

No_1eddiefan
08-29-2012, 03:19 PM
Don't suppose there's any chance of you moving those posts in the discussion thread to the Show Thread TDA?

No_1eddiefan
08-29-2012, 03:25 PM
Somebody bury Jose. The show isn't over.

HolyJose2391
08-29-2012, 03:37 PM
Somebody bury Jose. The show isn't over.
I DELTED IT!!!!!! :p

HolyJose2391
08-29-2012, 03:40 PM
I DELTED IT!!!!!! :p
Deleted* damn iPhone

thejman93
That was fun, actually. Perfect way to send off the first generation of Jabe.

HolyJose2391
That was fun, actually. Perfect way to send off the first generation of Jabe.
Just like to point out my idea :D

thejman93
08-29-2012, 03:42 PM
Just like to point out my idea :D

Yessir. Fitting that a nearly original member of Jabe would come up with that.

HolyJose2391
08-29-2012, 03:44 PM
Yessir. Fitting that a nearly original member of Jabe would come up with that.
Yeah it is quite fitting to end it the way it began. Now THE BETTER JBW!

magglis
08-29-2012, 03:47 PM
That show was JBW's wake up call

TheDevilsAdvocate
08-29-2012, 04:00 PM
That show was JBW's wake up call

Definitely. Jman wrote a shitload of stuff. I'm going to read it after I take a shower.

thejman93
08-29-2012, 04:02 PM
Definitely. Jman wrote a shitload of stuff. I'm going to read it after I take a shower.

A lot of that wasn't me. Eddie, Jose and Kash all pulled massive amounts of weight there.

HolyJose2391
08-29-2012, 04:08 PM
I hope I did the aussie's justice in the promo. Also hope SG likes the Flameheart match. After I read it I like how it came out then just a normal squash match

Kashdinero
08-29-2012, 07:39 PM
Wait, where was the show posted?!?!

HolyJose2391
08-29-2012, 07:42 PM
Wait, where was the show posted?!?!
Went old school JBW.
http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/showthread.php?4649-JBW-Justifiably-Badass-Wrestling/page4304

Kashdinero
08-29-2012, 07:59 PM
Went old school JBW.
http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/showthread.php?4649-JBW-Justifiably-Badass-Wrestling/page4304

Right, well, the show thread is open, so I guess I'll be transferring it there when I get home from work then.

HolyJose2391
08-29-2012, 08:00 PM
Right, well, the show thread is open, so I guess I'll be transferring it there when I get home from work then.
I'm free now. I can go ahead and transfer it over if you want

Kashdinero
08-29-2012, 08:07 PM
I'm free now. I can go ahead and transfer it over if you want

If ya like, bruv! No way a pair of uber trolls should have messed with things for JBW like that. No way at all.

HolyJose2391
08-29-2012, 08:11 PM
If ya like, bruv! No way a pair of uber trolls should have messed with things for JBW like that. No way at all.
On it! Yeah damn these trolls

Rated_R(ob)KO
08-29-2012, 09:08 PM
Considering this is an appreciation thread... I would like to take the time to shout out the ones that wrote SHOWDOWN!

Roman - The originator. He's the one that began SHOWDOWN! as a show that wasn't even considered a third brand. At this point, DUBS was still in charge and Ka$h along with xSESx were putting out amazing shows in their own right. But Romes created something different with his training grounds for the new guys. He attempted to actually break them into e-fedding the right way so they can hone their craft. Unfortunately, school got in the way of his free time. And he had to bow out...

R(ob) - That left the new guy in charge. No one knew what to do with me... I was on creative as just the poster maker and video maker at the time. Ka$h basically wanted me to do a fourth show to showcase my writing and it just so happened that Romes was giving SHOWDOWN! up. I took it and made it my own brand of whatever you call it. I had some ups and downs with talents there but, it happens. Well... as fate would have it, I was being moved around at work eventually and I couldn't do the show anymore... so Ka$H called a ringer... that man?

Samoan619 - You all know him and love him! SAU!! That's right... SHOWDOWN! had already had two VERY distinct writers for its unique twist on JBW and Sau definitely brought out some of the best in the 'bots for sure. He gave new life to them and treated them as equals. At this time more people were coming into JBW and thrust into SD! to start off and man were they in for interesting surprises. I only had one guy quit on me... Sau had about four haha! But that goes to show you that not everyone appreciates uniqueness. Speaking of which, Sau wasn't feeling it anymore... he wanted to make his music and take an extended break from e-fedding. He was burned out (figuratively and literally.)... he actually left the show high and dry. To MY understanding, no one really understands why it happened the way it did but,

Poot-Hair - Quickly took over after impressing Ka$h for a while and it helped that he was brought into JBW by me. Well, Poot was writing it and you could tell it didn't feel... organic like everyone else. He says Ka$h was down his throat the whole time as to where none of the previous writers of the show felt that way at all. Needless to say, the quality of the show suffered because of the oppression Pooter was feeling. The shows were good but, not up to what people expected from SD! at that point. Then JMan stepped in to help Pooter write and eventually Pooter stepped down in totality. Well...

JMan - That brings us to SD! final writer. Now, he didn't get the chance to write a lot of shows but, he did good with what he had to work with. 2012 hasn't been a good year for JBW with departures, and in-fighting holding a lot of things back. More personal issues took place. I had to quit all around due to the new baby being born and some things that went down behind the scenes between Ka$h and I and Ka$h himself was going through some very difficult, self-admitted personal problems which made JBW a trainwreck so far this year. No, JMan did NOT get a fair shake at the show or to show off his abilities to write. But, he did them. And he did them very well.

THANK YOU to JMan and to everyone else that decided to take those ever so weird reigns that was SHOWDOWN! Now, get a fire under your fucking asses JBW and put some shows out! This is a new beginning, a new day... ACT LIKE IT!! :)

One love,

Rated_R(ob)KO

Poot-Hair
08-30-2012, 01:04 AM
Poot-Hair - Quickly took over after impressing Ka$h for a while and it helped that he was brought into JBW by me. Well, Poot was writing it and you could tell it didn't feel... organic like everyone else. He says Ka$h was down his throat the whole time as to where none of the previous writers of the show felt that way at all. Needless to say, the quality of the show suffered because of the oppression Pooter was feeling. The shows were good but, not up to what people expected from SD! at that point. Then JMan stepped in to help Pooter write and eventually Pooter stepped down in totality. Well...Wow, so that's what a knife edge chop to the face feels like.

Thanks for all the kind words. I know now how you felt about my writing. I'm sorry that my skills were sub-par compared to both yours and Sau's. I was brand new to e-fedding and wanted to help out. I had some huge shoes to fill once you and Sau left. Good to know now that I failed in every conceivable way other than to be a place holder for JMan to come aboard

Kashdinero
08-30-2012, 03:21 AM
Thanks, R(ob).. Thumbs up for the expose. Winning!

SilverGhost
08-30-2012, 03:52 AM
I don't know if half of those comments were compliments or hurtful stuff.

Kashdinero
08-30-2012, 03:57 AM
I don't know if half of those comments were compliments or hurtful stuff.

I guess it all depends who you are, innit? :)

SilverGhost
08-30-2012, 03:59 AM
I guess it all depends who you are, innit? :)

I guess man...

Kashdinero
08-30-2012, 04:17 AM
I guess man...

For the record: There wasn't a day that went past that I wasn't in contact with Sau about SD! while he was writing the show, and at no point did he ever feel oppressed, or whatever I've been accused of here. Poot had his hand held for a show or two due to the fact that he was only meant to be doing a show or two. Big deal. Plans were in effect that he had to be aware of. BTW, Poot, you wrote Larry better than anyone has, or will again. Thanks for everything you did for SD! and JBW as a whole. The doors to The House of Jabe are always open for you, you miserable bastard ;)

Oh, and Sau left cause he didn't want to do the JBW vs EWNCW thing.. Smart man hahaha (I'm playing :)).

Rated_R(ob)KO
08-30-2012, 08:07 AM
Wow, so that's what a knife edge chop to the face feels like.

Thanks for all the kind words. I know now how you felt about my writing. I'm sorry that my skills were sub-par compared to both yours and Sau's. I was brand new to e-fedding and wanted to help out. I had some huge shoes to fill once you and Sau left. Good to know now that I failed in every conceivable way other than to be a place holder for JMan to come aboard

NO ONE said you failed in "every conceivable way". YOU are taking it that way. You did great as a writer but the show suffered because you were new to it and you felt like Ka$h was "oppressing" you. YOU have openly said that numerous times. YOU said that writing was no fun being the one behind the curtain. Not my words... I did this piece on SD! by way of what history has taught us. At least no one quit on you. I had a couple and so did Sau.

You did what you could do with the shows and I couldn't ask for more. You were going through major life things, Ka$h was too and all of JBW suffered and kind of still is. Don't read too much into what I said because obviously you didn't. You didn't bother highlighting the good things that were said, did you? And didn't I even say bad things about everyone else as well? Of course I did. Buck up, soldier.

Poot-Hair
08-30-2012, 12:35 PM
NO ONE said you failed in "every conceivable way". YOU are taking it that way. You did great as a writer but the show suffered because you were new to it and you felt like Ka$h was "oppressing" you. YOU have openly said that numerous times. YOU said that writing was no fun being the one behind the curtain. Not my words... I did this piece on SD! by way of what history has taught us. At least no one quit on you. I had a couple and so did Sau.

You did what you could do with the shows and I couldn't ask for more. You were going through major life things, Ka$h was too and all of JBW suffered and kind of still is. Don't read too much into what I said because obviously you didn't. You didn't bother highlighting the good things that were said, did you? And didn't I even say bad things about everyone else as well? Of course I did. Buck up, soldier.Reread what you put dude. There really wasn't anything "good" in it about me writing. There was Rome, You, the Marvelous Sau, myself, and JMan. Your part about me showed that out of all the writers for SD!, I was the weak link. It's okay dude, it's your opinion and I can respect that. I just had no idea you felt that way.

thejman93
08-30-2012, 12:54 PM
For the record, Poot was a massive help to me when I took over. :)